Why don't we hear about the Korean War that much?

Why don't we hear about the Korean War that much?

> not as apocalyptic as WW1
> not as world changing as WW2
> not as controversial or debatable as Vietnam

It still had impact dident it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloucestershire_Regiment
youtube.com/watch?v=qd8LDdbfIFY
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My question is why did Vietnam's communist regime turn out so vastly different from North Korea's all these years later?

Answerd your own questions user
It was not that important really in the big picture.
> lots of people died , but it was far less then the last 2 wars and no progress was made by either side

Vietnam "won" and unified. Korea is still split and 'at war.'

Koreans are smarter and more driven than Vietnamese

Yet their nation turned out so much better than North Korea's. Obviously not as good as the South, but for being a Communist oligarchy it transitioned well over 50 years.

Yeah, but thats also cause North Korea got fucked over by their leadership. South Korea stands as testament to what the North could have become, but instead of capitalism they chose communism and dictatorship

weell, more like 20. the late 70s-late 80s weren't all that great in vietnam

We could have unified Korea but no.
USA and UN pussied out like bitches.

because the US lost

RARE!?!?!?

bc the jooz

Technically we're at a cease fire. Go ahead Kim, do something

Pipe down, Kim.

Are you that woman that lives at the Chinese border?

The Jews had yet to subvert American society to creat the hippy anti-war movement that made Vietnam toxic and impossible to win

Didnt NK declare war 2 months ago?

Another one for the collection! Curious though, are you a nigger?

Because it's a war we actually won. Leftist cucks hate winning.

no, Namibia has a large white community

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloucestershire_Regiment

korean war is interesting, whether people talk about it or not

We got BTFO by the Chinese and our own lack of determination. It's embarrassing.

True story, my paternal grandfather fought in the Korean war. He was a total country bumpkin who'd never left the district until he joined the army. He saw snow for the first time in Korea. He told me once that he went to a brothel behind the lines, his mates had told him that gook girls had pussies going sideways like their eyes. He got his girl in the room and she got naked, her pussy was like a normal white woman's pussy, he actually went and complained to the Mamma-san about it. His mates laughed at him for being such a gullible country bumpkin.

Last time it was Japanese nun that lives in the Vatican city. Now it's a woman living at the Chinese border?

When will this proxy cancer end? Probably the same guy too.

Because Korea exemplifies every US military endeavor since ww2: unclear objective, can't really articulate what we're doing or why, can't explain why thousands of Americans should die on the other side of the planet or why it benefits their families back home, fight with one hand tied behind our back, fuck around call a bad draw a victory, take some pictures, politicians declare themselves righteous and brave and go home as quietly as possible.

US pulled out becuse we were winning so decisively. We were murdering gooks by the truck load and progrsss was slow.
Iirc by the end of the war US deaths were around 500,000-600,000 and the Viet cong were over a million.
For every dead American they was 100 dead viet cong.
Bring the first televised war, the public did like it and pressed the government to quit

because the hardline focus of the Vietnamese revolution was Vietnamese independence and anti-imperialism, not establishing a Marxist utopia. Communism was simply the most effective means to an end at the time, hence the reason why Vietnam is more more akin to Taiwan than the PRC these days.

North Korea on the other hand, was personally designed from the ground up by Stalin and a handpicked group of Korean expats educated by the NKVD at Moscow U. It was said that North Korea was always the most important thing on Uncle Joe's desk on any given day of the week.

PRK was always a faithful lapdog of Moscow and Beijing, getting the hand me downs from East Germany and Czechoslovakia, whereas Vietnam was more of an equal trading partner and wildcard, sending contract workers to East Berlin one week and invading Cambodia the next.

If you want to talk about a REALLY batshit crazy Communist regime, read up on Albania under Enver Hoxha

You know anyone who works for Namcor Oil? My company wants me to go over and do surveying work with them.

Is it South Africa tier awful though? Or are whites safe there? Also, what do you think of independence from South Africa?

Because it's not "muh holocaust"

/whisper Jews run media

>pussies out like bitches
easy there Svenska

My company has worked with them before, they're an ok company. They dont make the news all that much (only the KUDU gas project). If you work for them, just make sure that the payments are guaranteed or if possible, upfront
Much better than SA. Whites are actually seen as citizens in Namibia and are treated well. SA is a lost cause and most of SA's older white population retire to Namibia

youtube.com/watch?v=qd8LDdbfIFY

We only lost 50,000 senpai. What really happened was we were winning by a shit load but opposition to the war was building immensely at home (people began to see the first photos of just how horrific an ant-insurgent war is and the fucking hippies didn't understand the threat communism posed) so much so that public opinion basically boiled over. The South had control of about 80% of the country and 90% of the land but we decided that it was gonna take too long for us to stay and try to squash that final bit and if we stayed the hippies were gonna start getting actually violent so we created the Paris Peace Accords and both sides signed them ending the war. Nixon promised the South our full support of the North tried anything and so the South started getting EXTREMELY lazy. Nixon got out of office and Gerald Ford got in and the North started trying to reignite the war full blast. Ford prepared to send the South the money we promised and get involved again but congress just said flat out no. So instead we evacuated the Southerners that wanted to leave and the South entirely collapsed and the president of the South blamed us for them losing their war that we had essentially won for them.

>Vietnam is full of ladybois while NK is degeneracy free
Wow. Sure showed them.

My company will be paying me, so I guess that's guaranteed. I've heard they've got some incompetence issues, that's probably why they want Western engineers.

The Kudu's a decent field, but they think they've got something like Angola or Brazil offshore.

What company you work for? No offense to you, but I don't hear much about big Namibian companies.

Wonder what would of happened if we flat out won , viet cong dead and communism pushed out. War with China?

No, they definitely have incompetence issues but then again most companies here do. There are only a few "big" namibian companies and they tend to focus on operations in the country, all the other big companies are multinational (Shell, BP, RIO TINTO, De Beers etc). I work for a local law firm.
There is definitely oil in the north near Angola, so should be that

Dunno, but it's supposedly where the word gook came from, lol. Also my multi-millionaire grandfather on my father's side fought in that war I think. He was a marine.

Thanks for answering my questions, I may end up over very soon.

Odds are there's some large subsalt reservoirs hidden offshore near Angola but it's going to be too expensive to develop them at these prices. If anything's found they probably won't advertise it right away because they don't want the foreign companies getting cheap concession prices.

Yeah thats what I'd guess. Rumours were that they found oil close to my town a few years ago but decided to plug it and keep it hidden for the time being

Yep, probably a repeat of what happened with the Korean War.

>"Oh shit, the Americans are at our borders! That means they are attacking!!! REEEEEE"

No way, Vietnam was the Soviets baby, not the Chinese. China didn't give two shits about having puppets, they were only worried about cucking the Soviets wherever they could, even if that meant working with us.

Most realistic scenario, Vietnam ends up more like South Korea via trillions in US investments from both the public and private sectors, the Communist movements in Laos, Cambodia, and Burma die within months of the war ending and their main support hub drying up.

So we have a much more prosperous SEA and a lot more allies in the region and the high water mark of Communism is reached in the 60s instead of the late 70s.

u n c o m m o n
n
c
o
m
m
o
n

And embargos!

Hopefully you own mineral rights

RARE

China had nearly 200k troops fighting in Vietnam. The Soviets had 0.

You can't try to tell me China didn't care about having Vietnam as a puppet.

Nah the Chinese hated the Vietnamese. They probably would have set up a kill zone at the border.

What is 20k to 1 Billion?

they are still technically at war

first contact. guys type slowly and don't appear aggressive. if he meme arrows you, just act natural and uninterested. don't fuck this one up

Ho Chi Minh was a Soviet agent, the tanks were Russian, the guns were Russian, the trucks were Russian, the bullets were Russian, the Soviets were just smart enough to not send a quarter of a million conscripts to die in zerg rush attacks. They knew that the NVA and the VC were more than capable of carrying out the grunt work, they just needed the materiel to do so, and thats where the Kremlin stepped in to help out

The Vietnamese viewed the Chinese as an old oppressor and wanted nothing to do with them or their interests, which is why they took a giant shit on China's only puppet during the Cold War (Cambodia) and then got curbstomped into a phyric victory shortly thereafter

I agree 100% on the china factor, but you forget the dirtbags we were working with trying to prop up the south. They were on par, if not worse, than the "moderate" islamists we work with in the current wars.

Pic related was part of the rare exception that did his job, and the American public turned on him.
Americans want lap dogs that will cave to our interests. Those types of people aren't worthy of trust and therefore can't be counted on to form lasting international relations.

Because they were never truely Communist to begin with.
They Just wanted Communist weapons and supplies to secure the independence of their country.

Well this could be driven to a conclusion based on the factors that Vietnam was practically just a puppet for communism given that they were never really occupied by the union or any other explicitly large communist forces, North Korea on the other hand was 'liberated' by the Soviet forces and dealt with communism in full stride with men coming home showing full belief and faith for communism as a whole.

It was literally the same thing as Vietnam, but the US still had some modicum of balls left then (even if Washington and the subverters were doing their damnedest to erode them).