If you can't solve this, you should kys

If you can't solve this, you should kys.

>hurr durr I just finished my second year of calculus
Kill yourself you fucking retard

ln(x) is for hipster try-hards. I use Windows.

inb4 300k starting

u(x) = ln(x)
du = dx/x

integrand is now u(x)du

integrate to (u^2)/2 + c

substitute x back in for ln^2(x)/2 + c

its ((ln(x))^2)/2 + c you stupid idiot

>passed calculus 2 twice
>can't remember how to do this
Education is useless. Drop out.

It's a basic integral involving substitution. Why the fuck do you think we care?

I knew how when i was 17 but since then ive been making too much money and having too much sex to remember that fag bullshit. Op should be underage b&

>pass calculus 2 twice
For what reason?

Why didn't you move on to calc 3?

he wants you to help him with his homework

which is why you shouldnt show him the working

If he can't do that problem, he's doomed regardless.

Heh, I can't remember how to do it either, and I have a masters in engineering.

Any moron could pick up a book, memorize the process for solving problems like these, and then claim to be educated. Math monkeys are pathetic.

I can't remember how to do it either. I took fucking Calc 2 in 11th grade

If you can, you're still a virgin.

I took finance instead of calc. Figured it would have more use. I guess I was wrong and should kill myself.

I knew how to do this 4 years ago but I don't really care now.

Well, I want to kill myself anyway so it's fine if user thinks I should.

Oh, by the way, masturbating over maths and (((Science))) is the field of fedora neckbeards.

I'm not doing your homework for you, kid.

>tfw forgot
>tfw too lazy to remember

oh well, it was a nice thread

The 1-form ln(x) * 1/x dx is the pullback of y dy under the map ln(x). By the definition of integral the two integrals are the same. Using the fundamental theorem of integration a primitive of y is 1/2 y^2, whose pullback is 1/2 ln^2(x).

I remember doing that shit, and not having as much of a hard time with it as those fucking trigonometry integrals. Those were simply memorization, over and over again. I mean, most of Calc 2 was memorization but this shit was just blatant as all hell.

Crammed so hard the three days before the exam. We're talking 8-9 hours non-stop in the library hopped up on adderall and coffee, doing problems from the book, study guides, practice exams, extra problems on the internet, continuously.

When the exam came I literally just guessed, entire class averaged like 35% on the final so it got curved.

I don't even think I've ever heard the words "integral" in my life since then used in a math context, hell not even derivative.

Gimme an 8!

>politics

wouldn't mind raping laci

No it wasnt

and then some faggot posts trump shit on /sci/

Excuse me for not being a mathfag (I took biology/pharma) but isn't that an expression and not an equation? I mean, what the fuck am I solving here? Some sort of differential?

Popuši kurac, ustašo

I can't solve that and you probably can't write as well as me.

Education, knowledge, all skills, be they mathematical, literary or otherwise stationed within academia, are subjective in their values. Unless you are particularly gifted, you will only ever have time to devote yourself to one particular field, Joyce could not perform calculus any more than Einstein could write poetry and that's fine.

Never assess your intellectual worth based on your comprehension of a field you are disinterested in, base it on your comprehension of the field you love.

3/10 anyways, made me reply

this.

also
>which is why you shouldnt show him the working

>all these babbies that are butthurt they can't remember basic calculus

It's actually a studied phenomenon. I learned this from my Probability and Statistics professor. People on average only retain 10% of what they learn from their time at a university. The rest is forgotten. What you actually learn while at university is how to learn the material. A professor's job is to make themselves obsolete, not hold you hand throughout the material. If you can learn the material on your own and need no assistance, then there is no reason to actually attend a university at all.

Luckily, fields that require higher level understandings of certain fields are starting to move towards external accreditation standards. For instance, I'm going to be a Statistician, starting as an Actuary in the Summer next year. My degree in mathematics that I'm finishing this semester will be meaningless. The only important thing will be that actuarial exam I'll be taking.

>I remember doing that shit, and not having as much of a hard time with it as those fucking trigonometry integrals. Those were simply memorization, over and over again. I mean, most of Calc 2 was memorization but this shit was just blatant as all hell.

Trig substitution was a bitch. Out professor just told us that if we could get to 2 or 3 of the regular sin/cos/tan ones by ourselves at home from one class to the next, he'd allow a cheat-sheet in the exam.

Dude was pretty cool.

No I don't know how to solve it, nor do I need to, I'm working on a pharmacy degree not a math degree.

>he wants you to help him with his homework
I doubt that, there are a million integral calculators online

gimme anita

1/2*ln(x)^2+C

real math boys just write log

ln is highschool shit for babbers

Master in Comp Sci, Bachelors in Comp engineering. I for fuck all can't remember my integrals.

The worst part of Calc 2 is the fucking sequences and series Jesus Christ. Memorizing those things was a bitch and just being able to understand them was even worse

/thread

He came to us with a basic problem, you think he can find or use one of those calculators?

You can just input that to God-tier wolfram alpha and it gives you all the steps and the answer as well.

hey buddy remember me

Electrical Engineering BS graduate here.

I have completely forgotten how to do even a basic integral.

>Education, knowledge, all skills, be they mathematical, literary or otherwise stationed within academia, are subjective in their values.

Lemmie guess. you took either an arts degree or maybe philosophy.

They are not subjective in their value. Someone who can save a life is considerably more important to society than an artist.

Changing the subject to individuals doesn't change this fact. Einstein unlocked new secrets of the universe and brought some pretty spectacular and some pretty terrifying things with it. No one who is not interested in poetry will have heard of Joyce, even if they have heard or read her work in something.

The impact on society can be measured by the change it has presented. Arts don't change things, they can bring attention to things through imitation. Science changes things, like or being able to communicate right now.

PTSD right there lol. Like shit I would rather do an entire semester of vector Calc than like a week of that shit

fbpb

If you can't prove CPT symmetry via Noether's Theorem you should kys

>I can shitpost too hurrrr

I loved physics up until QFT, then I just felt a bit meh to it all. Now more interested in GR and Differential Geometry

I would have no need of ever knowing this, and yet I strangely feel retarded for not knowing even a hint of what is going on there.

Nice. I was gonna troll with something like "nah I pay pajeet to do this"

Screw it, rolling.

the answer is 4

I studied Neurology.

I'm not detracting from the value of mathematics, nor any other field, what I'm saying is that it holds no interest to a majority of people, I know you live in a world where every single common man would benefit from being able to solve Schroedinger equations, but that's just not the world we live in. People look towards what they love, not what is expected of them based on arbitrary values of specific fields of education. I have absolutely no interest in mathematics but I still know everything I regularly use, I devote an hour of every day to basic head math because that's a valuable life skill, I can divide 272 by 14 at a glance, but I can't calculate the volume of sphere, why? Because that is worthless to me.

I'm being unusually long winded because I'm tired but I think you can understand what I'm getting at.

fpbp

neurology is for dumb people who cant brain into smart

f(x) equal divide by zero

I learned this shit in school.
Haven't used it in real life.
I've forgotten how to do it, but hey. That's why there's these things called books...

P.S. OP is a faggot crossposter.

Log[x]^2/2

Thanks Wolfram Alpha.

Roll

Hell yeah it is buddy

trying to weed out some bad boys.

We were never forced to memorise shit. If it can be a table, he gave us the table himself. It's pointless memorising those sorts of things.

I love math, but I always had a love-hate relationship with calc. It's so hard when you're not feeling like it, but some days you wake up with the exact mindset for it and it's a breeze to go through it all. Those days were so satisfying.

>kys
what did he mean by this?

What if your job was to program for Wolphram Alpha, though?

rell

it is now

The problem is I took it in high school, so I had to memorize the shit for the AP exam

What does that squiggly mean

I gave up on calculus and engineering when I realized it was a pointless pursuit and I could make just as much money doing less work elsewhere

Only fags care about mathematics.

If you don't know how to influence a security guard at a bank to install a rasberry pi onto their main server and slowly milk the bank's money but if/when shit hits the fan all the blame would legitimately fall on the guard you used for your personal gain you should kys

rawlin for 8

major in information systems and masters in econ, all i know is its the subsitution rule

College is a fucking joke, very few things outside of econometrics were even useful in the workplace

I laugh at biz/comm majors....that shit can be learned in the first month of work or in your own time if you are an entrepreneur

((ln x)^2)/2

fpbp

Even if you can solve it, then what?

Can you actually prove your solution using deductive reasoning or are you just regurgitate memorized formulas.

Solutions without proof are worthless.