AMERICAN VOTER TURNOUT

Why is the turnout for US Presidential elections so bad? The last time you got a 60% turnout was 1968!

Not great for the so called best democracy in the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/what-do-the-voting-turnout-numbers-say-about-the-2016-presidential-race/
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/03/08/so-far-turnout-in-this-years-primaries-rivals-2008-record/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because something like 68% of americans do not trust our government, shit even like 12 state issued drivers licenses arent considered valid ids to get into federal buildings/military bases

>wanting more people to vote

don't worry, hillary is going to pay all the niggers to vote for her

That's not what I'm saying. I'm asking why they don't vote in the first place.

Turnout amongst whites is around 60% and around 60% of White voters support Trump.

There's tens of millions of voters who could be sympathetic to Trump's message sitting at home while Tyrone is gettin money fo dem programz.

Because most people dont give a shit

Laziness: 20%
Don't give a shit or don't trust gov: 20%
Also, you have to factor in the thousands of people who get sick or can't make it to polls: 3-4%

1.many people rightfully feel that they don't have a real choice
2. 40 years of federalized education pumping out barely literate ignorant fucks

100,000,000+ million don't give a flying fuck, which is exactly what the problem is with this country and is the reason why we are so liberal

Honestly, the know-nothings who don't vote would be easily swayed by emotional arguments. That's why the Democrats are try floating ideas now and then like mandatory voting, letting felons vote, letting illegal immigrants vote, lowering the voting age, etc.

One of the biggest reasons Obama won is that his campaign's GOTV machine turned people who otherwise wouldn't be voters into Obama voters.

Turnout for whites and blacks is usually around 60% actually. Asians and Hispanics and "other" are usually in the 40s.

>turn 18 in 2012
>assume I registered to vote when I renewed my license because I checked the register to vote box
>try to vote
>not registered to vote

That's why, because the entire system is shit.

>to Dumb to figure out how to register

Good

They have a retarded two party system so most of the population have no horse in the race.

ACTIVELY POSTING/LURKING 4-6 HOURS ON Cred Forums DAILY AND NOT VOTING 2016?

>"Fuck off all you Hill shills and you Trump chumps. Vote none of the above."
>"I'm just not going to vote at all this election."
>"It's a waste of time, especially when shitheads are running"
>"I won't vote out of noncompliance with a broken, fundamentally corrupt and laughably ineffective system."
>"On principle I don’t want any of them to win."

This isn't even CorrectTheRecord or people shilling cuck-faggory for Gary Johnson, BUT THESE PEOPLE REALLY, HONESTLY MEAN THEY AREN'T GOING TO VOTE DUE TO BOTH CANDIDATES BEING BAD? What low subscriber, bottom tier media trap did these goyim fall into? ARE you people posting this crap actively following this election it's been going on for almost
>1.5 YEARS

what the fuck, is this your first time voting and your some public school D+ student failure dropout living off mommy and daddy justifying your failure by blaming it on the government? Why are you on this board everyday and why are you shill-FORCING voting abstinence in what is expected to be the BIGGEST VOTER TURNOUT

>CBSNEWS - "GOP's record turnout"
cbsnews.com/news/what-do-the-voting-turnout-numbers-say-about-the-2016-presidential-race/

>pewresearch - "17.6%^ highest of any year since at least 1980"
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/03/08/so-far-turnout-in-this-years-primaries-rivals-2008-record/

Are you done being edgy? What are you going to tell your grand-children when they ask you who you voted for in 2016, a massive landslide election that defined the future of America until 2040. Oh wait, you won't have any grand-children. You'll never have any kids. you'll just sit there, slowly dying a virgin posting edgy shit till the very end. Oh yeah, you're a really savvy political wizard aren't you. You figured it all out. You know the key to all of this

>to dumb

kek

Part of the problem is apathy... The other part is the lack of voting infrastructure. Especially in nonwhite neighborhoods there's only a few locations you can go to vote. These locations have long lines and most people with jobs just can't commit to waiting in a line for hours. It's worse when the polling locations are far from buses or trains (at least in my city) so people who commute to work can't easily get there since they don't drive.

Add to the fact that poll locations often close or relocate without notice and it becomes a such a hassle that many people give up. And even if you persist and make it to the location, they're understaffed or the machines break down and nobody knows what the fuck is going on.

We really need better support... Online voting requiring your social security number or mailing everyone a ballot they can mail back on their own time. Anything would be better than the convoluted mess we have now.

Can I register to vote online, because I really don't feel like leaving the house. Is it too late to register to vote?

Because of the way the electoral college works. Most states are guaranteed to go a certain way, with each election being decided by a handful of swing states... usually.

For example, I live in delaware, a permablue state. I have literally no reason to vote because delaware goes blue for the presidency, senate, house, and governor every single time anyway. My vote means nothing. What reason do I have to even bother? And likewise, a democrat living in kansas also has no reason to even bother. And the same is true in reverse - if I'm a republican living in kansas, I have little reason to vote because it'll still go republican anyway without me.

Maybe I should google shit before I ask questions... registering now

>Why is the turnout for US Presidential elections so bad? The last time you got a 60% turnout was 1968!
Why vote when you're only given two shit choices?

>There's tens of millions of voters who could be sympathetic to Trump's message
If they were actually sympathetic towards a candidates message, they would register and turn out to vote.

I voted for Obama on his first run, I feel ashamed. Voting for Trump this next time around, maybe I won't be such an embarrassment to my family anymore.

look up the "monster vote" theory. This is exactly what's happening.

You have to try to reach out to them.

Burger anons should be out volunteering for the Trump campaign, trying to contact people who may be sympathetic but are generally apolitical. It worked here for Brexit, I know people who hadn't voted for decades who registered and voted Leave.

This is your last chance to get your country back lads.

I get what you're saying but nothing is certain in politics.

King Nig had something like a 50,000 majority in Delaware, yes? I wonder how many people like yourself thought their vote didn't count and just stayed at home. Bet it was more than 50,000...

That's just not how it works. However, I will be voting this time because you never know with the Monster Vote factor.