CHRISTIAN GENERAL

FOR ALL

In RCIA, they say that the Catholics and Orthodox are both on a boat to heaven, but the Catholics are looking forward whereas the Orthodox are looking backward

What's meant by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5jG6kJm-50k
youtu.be/rhQjHJJI6U0
youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104
youtube.com/watch?v=vbUXbMn2zfc
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA
youtube.com/watch?v=bchmhIdZgys
youtube.com/watch?v=KI7sOZQaSkI
youtube.com/watch?v=JhHBGRr2XDE
youtube.com/watch?v=mcbJFvje29A
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Palestinian_territories
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel
youtube.com/watch?v=t_5Paz4oqAU
newadvent.org/summa/4052.htm#article2
churchmilitant.com/news/article/youth-more-conservative-than-parents
newadvent.org/cathen/13005a.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypostatic_union
imgur.com/a/k3fQw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UA32uXuyz-8
instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-Rosary-out-of-Paracord/
amazon.com/gp/product/0199371628/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8
newadvent.org/cathen/14153a.htm
newadvent.org/cathen/06259a.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When things are going good it's because of Christianity and when things go bad it's due to lack of faith, it's always the same. Christianity can do no wrong.

Black Christians in Africa? Christianity's not responsible for their utter failure.
Indian Christians in South America? Christianity's not responsible for their utter failure.
White Christians in Europe? Christianity's responsible for their utter success.

Christianity is solely responsible for any kind of success, but utterly blameless for any kind of failure.

It never misses the opportunity to brag about how Europe is dying without it and how Europeans never would have been anything had it not been there.

All while simultaneously Ignoring the fact that the Greeks were not Christian, and that the Romans reached their peak glory while they too were not Christian.

Little details, right? I mean what did the Greeks or pre Christian Romans ever do?

The truth is Christianity would be nothing without the European people. It owes everything to them.

Without them Christianity would be an utter failure, a total embarrassment, and would have zero redeeming qualities.

Christianity was great because of Europeans, Europeans were great in spite of it.

Forgive me Jesus, but your mom is hot holy shit.

Don't know if Christianity fixes everything, but it sure helps. Just look at the Middle East: Christian Arabs excel in academics relative to Muslims in every country they're in over there.

bump

>>Black Christians in Africa
Being slaughtered by Muslims and war.
its the christians fault right?

White Christians in Europe
Liberals claiming to be christian destroying europe.
its the christians fault right?

Don't confuse Christianity with Liberalism.

Fuck off. is over there, you retard.

Justice is giving people a taste of their own medicine.

Being neither Catholic nor Orthodox, I honestly have no idea, but I do know that they're both going to hell.

>>But I do know that they're both going to hell.
“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven"
-Jesus

Why?

From what I understand, Catholicism is trying to adapt to the current state of the world, while the Orthodox are dead set on staying the exact same way since the founding of the church. It's obviously more complex than that, but I can't fit 2000 years worth of theology within a post.

It is permitted to judge, provided you yourself aren't guilty of what you accuse others. Because you and your Mary worshiping cult believe wicked doctrines and I don't, I can judge you (although God is the ultimate judge). I certainly can't condemn you, but trust and believe, you will be condemned.

You smug pagan weeabo fucks have smugly dismissed Protestants and Baptists for far too long. You deserve to have your feelings hurt, and your souls damned.

jeez, who pissed in your communion cup today?

Tout le monde s'en criss, Big Bubba...c'est de la merde de kikes anyway...

Vos grand maitres Juifs, chiens goyims...

youtu.be/5jG6kJm-50k

Exodus 18:7

Did Moses worship his father-in-law?

>You smug pagan weeabo fucks have smugly dismissed Protestants and Baptists for far too long. You deserve to have your feelings hurt, and your souls damned.

Classic fucktard from West Memphis, Arkansas...

More good ole kikes stuff...goyims...

youtu.be/rhQjHJJI6U0

You are only supposed to expose evil.
Not to judge them.
Literally disobeying Jesus words.

You sound like an old fool who still lives in the 20th century.
You are the type of person that holds Christianity back.

O BTW i'm non-denominational

>TYT

No. He gave him the respect he desrerved. He didn't pray to him after he died, or believe that he was born sinless, or that he was a perpetual virgin. Don't drag a beloved prophet to your level, you Baal worshiping papist.

Lol his father in law is at least alive , you cannot love people now

Cred Forums is a Kekist board.

LOL, I'm not living in the last century, I'm living in the first century, abiding to the true gospel preached by our Lord and saviour.

God commanded that the Israelites destroy the Canaanites, and yet you tell me not to judge? As a true believer in Jesus, I have rights over you. I'm not going to burn you at the stake like the evil whore of Babylon, but I will reprimand you and through the power vested in me by the holy spirit, loosen you from the kingdom of God.

1 Kings 13:6
Uh oh, is the man of God being worshiped here?

How is saying she was sinless or a perpetual virgin a form of worship? Those things don't make someone God.

Christ liberated Hades. The righteous from Sheol are now in life, with Christ, in full communion with the Church Militant (those on earth).

>implying you can stop me from entering the Kingdom of Heaven
>implying that anyone other than God can judge me
Unless you are Jesus with the second coming, you can go fuck yourself back home in your poor southern shit shack you call a church.

Why the emo hair?

Pay your jew toll before you get to heaven or else, goy

The man of God was still alive when Jerobam asked Jim to pray for him.

Blah blah blah, try to squirm your way out of admitting to your polytheism regarding Mary. It's unscriptural. Period. You are like the Pharisees stubbornly blaspheming the Holy spirit just so as to not admit they were wrong. You both will share your abode (hell).

As expected following the old testament.
Trying to do gods work.
instead of following the words of Jesus.

>> As a true believer in Jesus
Exactly what makes you a "true believer"
>>I have rights over you
and what makes you think you have rights over me.

Do we have any practicing Catholics here?

So? Pray to God, not corpses who can't hear.
Nothing I have said was wrong, but you are being unjust for judging me on the basis that I am southern and poor. God gave the clergy of the church (who are all the believers, so this includes me, and excludes you) the ability to bind and loosen, so I loosen you. Have fun in hell.

If king david is not in heaven , then who is?

>29Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

>34For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

>For David is not ascended into the heavens:

Do you deny Christ liberated Hades?

>implying that anyone who doesn't follow the teaching of the Orthodox Church are getting into heaven
Way to ruin the church by watering down tradition. You know the faith is in a mess when a bunch of southern hicks are parading around with snakes to "prove their faith". And as a Christian, I forgive you for "releasing me" when you have no diving right to condemn me.

This is about David not being in heaven when he wrote this, showing he wrote it about Jesus, not about himself.

And that is correct, his soul was not left in Sheol,. among the dead, for Christ freed it in his descent to the dead.

As expected, eschewing the Old Testament to justify your leftist viewpoint of Christianity. I am a true believer because I believe in everything Jesus preached and nothing else. And as a true believer, a member of God's elect, I have the same rights over you that the Jews once had over goyim.

Liberated hades ?what does that even mean . The bible is totaly not clear about what hell hades sheol are

Yes. I'm in a state of mortal sin though. Please pray for me.

Some Christian music for you all.

>Marvin Gaye's "God is Love"
youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104
>Woven Hand's "My Russia"
youtube.com/watch?v=vbUXbMn2zfc
>Om's Pilgrimage Album
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
>Sufjan Steven's "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross"
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k
>mewithoutyou - Sun and Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE
>Young Oceans - ONLY YOU
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs
>Bobby McFerrin's Joshua
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o
>Psalter's Lord's Prayer
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk
>Janelle Monae's Victory
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA
>Johnny Cash's God's Gonna Cut You Down
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA
>Nick Drake - Pink Moon (full album)
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
>Mary Lou Williams - Anima Christi
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA
>Dr. C.J. Johnson's "You Better Run"
youtube.com/watch?v=bchmhIdZgys
>Judee Sill's Heart Food
youtube.com/watch?v=KI7sOZQaSkI
>Dave Bixby's "Free Indeed"
youtube.com/watch?v=JhHBGRr2XDE
>The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus' "Beauty After the Fall"
youtube.com/watch?v=mcbJFvje29A

Hymns

>A nice Latin hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
>Nice Orthodox hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U
>A nice Coptic hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw
>18th century English hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs
>The Lord's Prayer in Swahili, done in song.
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
>A nice collection of South Pacific Island hymns from the movie The Thin Red Line
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4
>Hail Mary in Latin, done in song.
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I
>Hallelujah Chorus done suddenly in the public
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU
>Quality Icelandic hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0

>The truth is Christianity would be nothing without the European people.

Pfft. There wouldn't be a Europe without the Catholic Church.

Why not go to confession if you believe to yourself to be living in mortal sin?

Why are you avoiding my questions?

>> As a true believer in Jesus
Exactly what makes you a "true believer"
>>I have rights over you
and what makes you think you have rights over me

"Hades" is just Greek for "Sheol," it is distinguished from Gehenna (the fiery place)

Christ went to Sheol after his crucifixion.

I will, brother. We're all sinners.

Nice to see you here!

God bless.

Acts 2:29

Its from acts jesus is already dead and revived sheol is empty if david is not in heaven or in sheol where is he?

Do not fret brother/sister, we are all sinners here. I'll be praying for you

Yes
Even if tradition wasn't a fancy way of saying "I like to incorporate paganism into God's religion", it doesn't matter, because scripture contains everything necessary for a Christian to believe. By thinking your "church" "fathers" (call no man on earth father) are anything but scum burning in hell at this very moment shows you are not saved.
Fuck you, fuck your Church, I will be dancing in heaven while you scream in pain! Hip hip HOORAYYY!

Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, Wesley -- all affirmed the perpetual virginity of Mary.

Yes jesus went to hades where he had the keys for , but there is nowhere in the bible described what hades sheol is only that its that they are dead and they sleep with their for fathers

salty

you'll burn in hell with your Luther

>LOL, I'm not living in the last century, I'm living in the first century, abiding to the true gospel preached by our Lord and saviour.

You speak from ignorance.

Luther and Calvin *invented a new religion* that had never before been practiced at any time in history.

Although they *purport* to be going back to the first century origins, by supposedly stripping away "additions," in fact they devised an historically new version of Christianity never before seen on this planet.

"To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant."

Friendly reminder that christianity is just judaism with mods.

It fixes some bugs and adds a bit more content, but the majority is still jewish. It even worships the same deity.

Sure the jews think playing with mods soils the original game, but that doesn't mean you're playing something else.

okay, I'll be in my beautiful cathedral with the church that hasn't changed since Christ started it, but hey, fuck me because I believe faith goes hand in hand with works. I bet you don't even take communion, and if you do, it's some dollar store corn syrup diabetus giving grape drank

While I respect Luther (to hell with the rest and probably Luther too), I don't follow his views on anything, although we coincide occasionally. There is nothing in the bible which affirms Mary's perpetual virginity. For alls we know, she could have been a nympho.

It's just the abode of the dead.

Then she probably would have had more children, and if she had more children, Christ would not have to entrust her care to Saint John

>Fuck you, fuck your Church, I will be dancing in heaven while you scream in pain! Hip hip HOORAYYY!

You sound like Ed "I'm madder than a tranny who's run out of duct tape" Anger.

Meilleur replies jusqu'a date, Bubba...

sorry buddy, I don't speak leaf

Go research the "Trail of Blood". While I think it has historical "errors" (really just unfalsifiable assertions), it is in spirit true. Besides Ιt says in scripture that the gates of hell won't prevail against the church, and we all certainly know it isn't receding to Rome or Istanbul.
I commemerate the passion as Christ commanded us to, I don't eat some shitty cracker and drink liquor in some pagan ritual to remember him. And hell is no cathedral, look at Pastor Steven Anderson's video on the subject.

Youre not missing anything.

>tfw Christianity has conquered 3 boards already
>Cred Forums /his/ and /x/

Trying to become Christian again, but I can't seem to start to believe in God. Any advice?

If I pray to God to tell me what the true religion is how will I know if its just me, deamons or the real deal?

What if the answer I get is Islam of Snake handling?

confession at my church is not until saturday

I'm not Lutheran, and Luther might have been saved, while surely you aren't.
Nah, it just means her other kids didn't care about her. I didn't care for my stupid unsaved Presbyterian Grandmother when she had terminal cancer either. I kinda regret it though, I should have at least let her die in a happy state. But I don't have to worry about it for my own sake too much, because I am justified by faith, and once saved, always saved.

Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism -- what Judaism had been pointing to for centuries.

Why do you think Jews are so smart and successful?

They are the Chosen People -- chosen to be like Paul and evangelize the planet.

If the Jews had accepted Christ, and put all they're energy into proselytizing the world, the world would have been converted ages ago.

Romans 11:25-26: "I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part UNTIL THE FULL NUMBER OF GENTILES HAS COME IN, and in this way ALL ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED."

You got a problem with that?

Take it up with St. Paul.

Well we're not going to force you to believe anything. What are your core criticisms?

what?

put all *their* energy

Tu devrais, mon ostie de cabochon....

remember it is your duty as a god fearing christian to hate jewish zionist ZOG banker scum and to fight against the jew, the killer of christ, with every bone in your body.

That isn't a good sign, as it shows you have been given over to a reprobate mind, and God will not save you. You can only hope that a believing Christian can convince you that God does indeed exist, because at the moment, God doesn't care what you think. Look up "Pastor Steven Anderson" on YouTube.

Jews worship their tribal God Yahweh,(who's really Satan) and they don't worship Jesus but rather the false messiah( the anti Christ) they are of the synagogue of Satan

You have to do a lot of self reflection and studying of all the major religions. It will help you become well versed and it'll help you find the answer you're looking for.

Fucking Jeweenie, we worship a frog.

ooga booga the flying bearded invisible man's gonna get you!!! Better read this stupid ass book and give your money

Oh fuck off, don't be stupid.

>this nigga bumped the thread for us

Remember to thank her for the bump.

Ah wolfsheim, I haven't seen you post in a while. You helped me out with constructing an argument against Unitarianism last time we were in the same thread. Thanks for that by the way

Thats not really what my question is about. Its about the nature of divine intervention

Still bumping for

Well its easy islam needs to attack christianity . the jews have a holy book where jesus swims in semen in hell, While the bible does not need any of that, it is strong on its own and it does not need to defend it self

What has that got to do with being able to tell the difference between God/angles, deamons and me immagining things?

>Nah, it just means her other kids didn't care about her
They would be legally obligated to provide for her, they would be criminal delinquents if they didn't. Are you saying James, the Brother of the Lord, just didn't care about her? The man who was made the first bishop of Jerusalem?

No, you don't be stupid. When someone becomes a homosexual, an atheist, an alcoholic, etc, God hates them and doesn't help them, and it is up to the church of believers to give them assurance. That is why we have therapy for homosexuals and 12 step programs for alcoholics. Why is it so inconceivable that there should be something similar for Atheists?

Islam is 1000 times better than Christianity.

Christians are cucks that turn the other cheek. Muslims will stone women for cheating and kill infidels

i've met satan and lucifer directly, ask me anything

You got a problem with Jesus Christs mother?

You're in trouble whether you know it or not.

The creator of the 12 step system for alcoholics believed that using LSD would be a helpful tool. So are you saying that we should use LSD?

Because a angel or god will never come down to you , to tell you what the right religion is , or you are a special flake and probably schizophrenic

Yet atheists don't say shit about islam.
Cucks who hide behind Richard Dawkins and famous people.

>marginally better than Muslims
>Christianity wins again!
you just proved his point
Christianity is a total
>we wuz
asswipe of a Semitic religion Jewing everyone left right and centre

So Mary DID have a kid! And Jesus didn't come to say "look over my Mom that you should be saved", he said "HAVE FAITH IN ME that you should be saved". You are approaching care for the elderly with a works oriented mindset. While I certainly advocate taking care of the elderly (provided they are Christians), it is not an issue of salvation like you seem to think it is.

>Because a angel or god will never come down to you

Isnt that just assuming athiesm is true as an axiom?

Condemn the sin not the sinner.

Then again I'm a Roman Catholic

Not really any core criticisms, I agree with Christianity, but I just can't seem to believe in it.

>god hates them
god doesn't hate anyone
you hate them
Christianity hates them
not God

Christians also worship Yahweh (who is literally Jesus according to Christians).

I agree that Yahweh is pretty much a demon. He's petty and vindictive and he fucks with and massacres humanity all the fucking time. Jewish traditions seem to mostly be rituals to fend off the wrath of the celestial superdemon. Many jews think the holocaust was orchestrated by god to punish the jews for not being devout enough.

Christians should give some real consideration to the idea that maybe satan has been masquerading as god all this time. Because he seems to hate fun and love violence and death. And he threatens you with eternal torture if you don't do what he wants. But satan is just a chill guy who wants to give you knowledge and help you have a good time.

You only ever get one side of the story with the bible.

Question for mostly Catholics here.
Is it acceptable to go into the confessional and confess to the priest if you yourself are not Catholic but Lutheran, in my case? I ask because as a Lutheran I feel I cannot find anywhere or anyone to confess to.

James, the Brother of the Lord, was Joseph's kid, but not Mary's kid. He was married before.

It's a question of law back then in Israel, you had to take care of your biological mother, by law.

No that is just how faith works

I dunno, bro. Ive been Catholic for 4 years. I appreciate the protestant alternative. Don't think the pope is infallible. I love my beautiful and ornate church, though I wonder how long before SJWs say that having white angels is racist.

I said no such thing. I don't love or Mary, she just...is. just because an angel said "salve" to her doesn't mean she is some blessed virgin. " salve" just means "hello".

Don't misrepresent me.

That picture is really nice, to bad I can't find it in high res

Just talk to a priest. Confession as a Sacrament is reserved for Catholics or Orthodox (and we Orthodox don't acknowledge Catholic sacraments here, we also don't use a screen, it's face to face, so you might as well just talk face-to-face with a priest).

Old testament Vs New testament and the new covenant. Read the beatitudes instead of trying to sound clever.

>God gave the clergy of the church (who are all the believers, so this includes me, and excludes you) the ability to bind and loosen, so I loosen you. Have fun in hell.

You just claimed the ability to judge the living and the dead, and then used it to send that guy to hell for pissing you off on an anonymous Indonesian snake-fighting forum?

...I've seen some shameful things in my day, but this one is near the top.

The Angel also said she was full-graced (the tense is the Greek equivilant to the difference between grown and full-grown, which are just different tenses in Greek), and Mary said all generations would call her blessed.

the God of the OT and the NT is the same Jewish Jew-god
Jesus descended from house David and is only the Messiah because he fulfills Jewish prophecy
literally a Jewish desert cult

Can't do you any harm.It is considered a grave sin in Roman Catholicism however to make a false or untrue confession.

>God hates people in a state of mortal sin

That's silly, as there is the capacity for forgiveness given regardless of it. All you end up saying is that God hates homosexuality, atheism, and addiction which boils down to saying God hates sin.

Preferencing certain kinds of mortal sin to be especially bad, as you did with the ones listed, is arbitrary and not grounded in anything but popular mainstream Evangelical beliefs.

>Why is it so inconceivable that there should be something similar for Atheists?

This topic came from absolutely nowhere.

>I agree with it
>but I don't believe it

?
Please tell me what you mean.

"Jacob I have loved, Esau I have hated".
We are living in the new covenant, those laws don't matter now.
Try to get out asap. pretty churches and chants for sleepy time are no reason to go to hell forever. Trust me, you won't regret it.

The Pope is not infallible. Roman Catholic here. Who told you he was?

>God gave the clergy of the church (who are all the believers, so this includes me, and excludes you) the ability to bind and loosen, so I loosen you. Have fun in hell.

God never said that
just your crazy Jewish nutters

that's because you suck at internet

I agree with most of the teachings and morals in Christianity, but I can't get myself to truly believe in God.

Hey wolfi can you answer

>>you just proved his point
Proving his point?

Blaming christians for other people problems have always been the thing to do, ever since the times of nero.

Jesus said we will always be hated.

Oh yeah I forgot, he's not a celestial war demon because he said he wouldn't genocide humanity anymore. Like how if I rape and kill a 5 year old it's all okay as long as I apologize and promise not to do it again.

Instead he'll just torture you forever in hell if you don't do what he wants.

I can see now that this is a being deserving of worship.

I agree with you, but
>Saying this is one of the most shameful things you've seen here
You must be new

>Christianity in a nut shell

well, technically I'm not really, but God will probably respect my suggestion. Where there's smoke there's fire, so if I say he's going to hell, he probably is.
it says There WILL call her such, not that they SHOULD call her such. The truth is your Fatima is the whore of Babylon, not Mary.

>the Orthodox are looking backward
No, it's simply keeping the teachings of Christ and the Apostles as they were, unchanged, without innovation (like Papal Supremacy).

So Jesus Christs mother was to you some random women of no importance? Do you think Jesus Christ thought that as she watched him crucified?

The trouble with cult and low church protestantism is it dwells on hating Roman Catholics in more than anything else.

wow, so high res. Only have to stretch it four times to get it to wallpaper size, too!

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Palestinian_territories
>Muslim 98–99 % (predominantly Sunni), Christian 0.7%

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel
> Christians 1.97%

Keep on shilling Muhammad.

At least your RCIA talks about Religion op. The one I went to was mainly women chit-chatting since they were just there so they could get married.

And how do you understand God?
If I told you to write down on the spot what the Catholic Church (or whatever your denomination - please state if not Catholic) understands God as, what would you write?

>Have fun in hell.
You probably just got yourself part of the way there. We are all judged by Christ, not you. And the power to bind and loose belongs to the successors of Peter as appointed by Christ. Again not you.

He probably wished she would go away so as not to see him suffer. But ultimately, it was necessary that she did see him suffer. He didn't even ever tell her he loved her. Just "behold, your son".

I don't make the low/high church distinction. There is THE CHURCH and everything else. Guess which category you fall under.

The fuck, that sucks man. How in the world do they get away with that.

Did you get an education inside or outside the classroom eventually?

>It never misses the opportunity to brag about how Europe is dying without it
You mentioning that doesn't make it any less true.

Copy and paste from a previous thread because I didn't get an answer.

How do protestants justify sola scriptura when there is no mention of it in the scripture?

Using 2 Timothy 3:16 as a way to justify sola scruptura is a perfect example of proof texting, that is, yanking a passage out of its context to give it a meaning it does not have within its context. First, there's nothing in that verse to suggest only scripture or scripture alone. Second, the scripture Timothy is referring to is the old testament because the new testament didn't exist when 2 Timothy was written. So if this is the justification for sola scriptura shouldn't protestants being saying "the old testament alone?"

Later on in 2 Tim, Paul tells Timothy to "hold to the standard of sound teaching that you have HEARD from me" and "What you have HEARD from me through many witnesses entrust to faithful people".

>God said you SHALL not, not you SHOULD not
>XDDD

>Condemn the sin not the sinner.

This is what Christianity has over Islam.

You can be redeemed.

Islam today goes full autist and kills what it doesn't like.

Christianity today points out faults and tells you to better yourself.

>If king david is not in heaven , then who is?
Well he murdered someone so he could fuck their wife. Then again we don;t decide do we.

>You must be new

nah, I've been here.

Claiming the power to condemn somebody to hell is very serious though, I'd argue probably more serious than the any of the other degeneracy you see on this board.

"You shall be like God" was the first lie ever told, and the first sin was committed when Adam and Eve believed and acted on that lie.

>if I say he's going to hell, he probably is.
You seriously need to chill out with that kind of talk. People claiming that other people are going to hell over minor theological differences is the reason the faith is in such dire straits. We (I'm no less guilty) all think we're gods, and we've left no room in our egos for God to come in.

Nice to see a Christian thread, last one was invaded by mudslims.

The Harrowing of Hell is referred to in the Apostles' Creed and the Athanasian Creed (Quicumque vult) which state that Jesus Christ "descended into Hell". Christ having descended to the underworld is alluded to in the New Testament in 1 Peter 3:19–20, which speaks of Jesus preaching to "the imprisoned spirits".

Yes. I attend Mass but also consider myself a sinner.

2 Thessalonians 2:15

1 Corinthians 11:2

no it belongs to us all this verse jesus talks in general

Matthew 18:18

>Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

This verse is not the peter verse but it is the same . proving that the peter verse was not only for peter.

Matthew 16:19
>19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 2

Peter is there, representative of the church, who are believers.
God inspired all that was necessary. If God had willed, he could have made every affair apparent, but that was not his mission. The scripture is enough. And we're does it say in the bible "hey guys, follow this pope fellow and base your religion on hearsay"?

Very Nice. Thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=t_5Paz4oqAU

I'm not really sure

Do you want to expound? I'm not see any "scripture alone".

Christianity is believing that Jesus is Lord and took the punishment we all deserved. He bled for our sins and by his wounds we are healed.

Jesus bled for us, are we prepared to bleed for Jesus? Always only a random happening away.

These aren't minor theological differences, these are matters which distinguish heaven and hell. No belief which contradicts God's word is a "minor theological difference".

I won't sugar coat it like some, your definitely going to hell unless you fix your faith.

>Have fun in hell.
Sounds familiar.

"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people's faces.You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

David was forgiven by god you cant go any higher then that

Augustine says (Ep. ad Evod. clxiv): "If the sacred Scriptures had said that Christ came into Abraham's bosom, without naming hell or its woes, I wonder whether any person would dare to assert that He descended into hell. But since evident testimonies mention hell and its sorrows, there is no reason for believing that Christ went there except to deliver men from the same woes."

Peter says (Acts 2:24) that "God hath raised up Christ, having loosed the sorrows of hell, as it was impossible that He should be holden by it."

newadvent.org/summa/4052.htm#article2

It's completely different for every denomination and somewhat different for every Christian but as a Protestant I'd tell you that you need to experience God before you can believe, whether it be through Sunday holy Communion or through through reading about what people in the past did in God's name, such as the building of great Cathedrals on pretty much all of Europe.
Most of all, don't force it, it won't work.

churchmilitant.com/news/article/youth-more-conservative-than-parents
Really makes you think.

They shut out people on the basis that Israel could not keep the laws of Moses. But salvation is by faith alone, and the whole history of Israel's exiles proves that works can't save you, and that mankind except for the true Christians are not worthy of heaven.

Not so. He may go to heaven. He probably has a lot of live to live and anything could happen.

Poor Luther regretted what he had done.

>No belief which contradicts God's word is a "minor theological difference".

I'll concede this point, but consider this: your understanding of God's word is coloured by your experiences, upbringing, religious tradition, etc. All these factors form your "lens."

Are you not deifying your own "lens" when you claim that your interpretation is superior to those of others? Is this what you'd consider "walking humbly" with your God?

It is good to see you have sympathy for Luther, showing compassion, unlike most Catholics. You aren't saved, but maybe if you get baptized again you will be.

The new testament didn't exist for hundreds of years until after Christ. How were early Christian supposed to use scripture that didn't exist? How do you reconcile with the fact that there is no evidence of Christians believing in this idea sola scriptura before the 1500's?

>And we're does it say in the bible "hey guys, follow this pope fellow and base your religion on hearsay"?

I'm glad you asked. Mt 16:18-19 You are Peter (rock, petros) and on this rock (petra) I will build this church, and the gates of heaven will not prevail against it. After the ressurection Jesus confirmed Peter as the head of the church, "Feed my lamb... Tend my sheep...Feed my sheep." Jn 21:15,16,17,19

There's more but its too late to be typing this stuff up.

Move aside islam master race coming through

Hail Islam

“Every thing is reversed, the world grows every day the worse for this teaching; and the misery of it is, that men are nowadays more covetous, more hard-hearted, more corrupt, more licentious, and more wicked, than of old under the Papacy… Our evangels are now sevenfold more wicked than they were before. In proportion as we hear the gospel, we steal, lie, cheat, gorge, swill, and commit every crime. If one devil has been driven out of us, seven worse ones have taken their place, to judge from the conduct of princes, lords, nobles, burgesses, and peasants, their utterly shameless acts, and their disregard of God and of his menaces… Under the Papacy, men were charitable and gave freely; but now, under the gospel all almsgiving is at an end, everyone fleeces his neighbor, and each seeks to have all for himself. And the longer the gospel is preached, the deeper do men sink in avarice, pride, and ostention.” - Martin Luther

Alternate translation

"We must certainly receive this message eagerly and gratefully, by it becoming more pious and godly. Unfortunately there's the opposite side, that by this teaching the world becomes more and more hostile, wicked, and malicious; yet not through the fault of the teaching but of the people, thanks to the pernicious devil and death. Today people are possessed by seven devils, whereas before it was only one. The devil now bulldozes the people so that even under the bright light of the gospel they become greedier, slyer, more covetous, crueler, lewder, more insolent and ill-tempered than before under the papacy."
- Martin Luther

oooohhh yes indeed for me

Christcucks worship a kike on a stick

Unfortunately PROTNIGGERS are a joke
Even by cuck standards

Not it is not. Completely different. Christs teaching was so repugnant to established Judaism the literally crucified him for it.

Islam is for me

>unlike most Catholics
Is it not common for Catholics to not hold contempt for the other two largest denominations? I hold no contempt towards the orthodox church or its adherents and while I regard the papacy and much of the Catholic Church as decadent, especially the Pope, I can't just say the same about the adherents, that would just be madness.

My interpretation is right, I've thought it out many a time to the point that I must be right. I am humble, just when I should be. I hate heresy as any Christian should. And for someone to hold heresy as truth, shows me they have a defective character.

post rosaries

It's different for everyone, but sometimes it just hits you one day and you have faith.

There's a lot of historical figures that have moments like that.

Luther on Mary

There can be no doubt that the Virgin Mary is in heaven. How it happened we do not know. And since the Holy Spirit has told us nothing about it, we can make of it no article of faith . . . It is enough to know that she lives in Christ.
(Sermon of August 15, 1522, the last time Martin Luther preached on the Feast of the Assumption)

The veneration of Mary is inscribed in the very depths of the human heart.
(Sermon, September 1, 1522)

[She is the] highest woman and the noblest gem in Christianity after Christ . . . She is nobility, wisdom, and holiness personified. We can never honor her enough. Still honor and praise must be given to her in such a way as to injure neither Christ nor the Scriptures.
(Sermon, Christmas, 1531)

No woman is like you. You are more than Eve or Sarah, blessed above all nobility, wisdom, and sanctity.
(Sermon, Feast of the Visitation, 1537)

One should honor Mary as she herself wished and as she expressed it in the Magnificat. She praised God for his deeds. How then can we praise her? The true honor of Mary is the honor of God, the praise of God's grace . . . Mary is nothing for the sake of herself, but for the sake of Christ . . . Mary does not wish that we come to her, but through her to God.
(Explanation of the Magnificat, 1521)

>tfw catholic and orthodox
>tfw I am the boat

What is the Nicene Creed.

DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME

this

remove the sins that have distanced you from God.

Listen to your conscience

>Using 2 Timothy 3:16 as a way to justify sola scruptura is a perfect example of proof texting, that is, yanking a passage out of its context to give it a meaning it does not have within its context. First, there's nothing in that verse to suggest only scripture or scripture alone
Sure: if a church leader is acting in a way that contradicts scripture however, then the preceeding verses give an indication that you should trust scripture first and foremost:

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

>Second, the scripture Timothy is referring to is the old testament because the new testament didn't exist when 2 Timothy was written
It does mention 'all scripture', and comes after Christ's time, suggesting more than just the OT. After all, Paul references the gospel of Christ specifically in other letters. At the very least that implies the OT + Gospels, and the remaining books all appear to be in line with the messages of those teachings regardless. Perhaps with that line of reasoning you could question the validity of Revelation? That book's events are too vague (for me) to interpret correctly yet either way and Jesus's own words about the end times are in the Gospels and reference the book of Daniel so I'd posit that those are a sufficient guide for all practical purposes.

kek

Cathcucks BTFO

You should like Wolfsheim then because he is heavy into the scholastics and Aquinas

True. Inform your conscience my reading the philosophers of the Church and the new testament.

Did I read CHRISTIANITY?
More like JEWANITY

I ended up leaving RCIA and not looking back.

meanwhile mudslimes worship black cube and kisses vagina stone...

>Sure; however, if a church leader is acting in a way that contradicts scripture,*
That attempt at grammar before was disgusting...

>unsaved Presbyterian Grandmother
Largely a doctrine of sectarian hate for most of its Scottish history. Secular power corrupted protestantism irretrievably.

I've always wanted to get one, but they seem too fancy for some reason. Like I'm not worthy of their elegance and mystique.

Do the laws of Moses not apply to Christians.?
Jesus is a descendant of Abraham.

>If the Jews had accepted Christ, and put all they're energy into proselytizing the world, the world would have been converted ages ago.

True

Read pic related.

>My interpretation is right, I've thought it out many a time to the point that I must be right.

Okay. I've quoted you the portion of your last post that I think you should reflect on. Please consider doing so.

It's entirely possible that you ARE right, and I share your attitude towards heresy, but I hope you'll concede that snapping unsympathetically at people that they're going to hell is unlikely to push them closer to heaven and probably inappropriate given our own limited knowledge.

I'll be praying for you my friend, and I hope you'll pray for me too.

It is not your duty to hate anyone.

>If I pray to God to tell me what the true religion is how will I know if its just me, deamons or the real deal?

You'll have peace of mind and live a life of fulfillment.

Alright, alright, sheeze, I admit it, I'm just kidding with all this judgemental Southern Baptist stuff. It was all in jest, and I'm suprised people took it seriously. I am sorry to anybody whom I have wasted their time, and sorry to any Protestant who feels their faith having been marginalized by my satire. Admittedly I am an agnostic who desires greatly to be a practicing Christian, but cannot fathom to believe in some of the outrageous events in the Old Testament. I understand they may be allegorical, but it seems to me that that if they do not carry a degree of literal interpretation, they ultimately lose some theological importance in many cases.

I am sincerely sorry to all whom I have offended, and I realize blaspheming people of God for my own amusement will yield me nothing but hellfire. Pray for me and my faith, and I will pray for you all.

Lord have mercy upon us, Christ have mercy upon us, Amen.

You can do the orthodox prayer rope then. You can buy them or make them

I see you come from reddit where such throw offs are considered a sign of intelligence. They are not.

>Do the laws of Moses not apply to Christians.?

That is partly the purpose of Jesus.

Islam is a satanic doctrine in theory and practice,

hahahaha you fucker. 8/10, would be trolled again.

I'm still going to pray for you though.

>Do the laws of Moses not apply to Christians.?
The more pertinent question is why 'the jews' aren't following those laws.

Well, we likely all know why. Revelation 2:9 and 3:9 are pretty clear about it.

See private revelation in the Roman Catholic encyclopedia. It is exactly what you are asking about

newadvent.org/cathen/13005a.htm

I think hate is the wrong word. The sinner chooses to distance himself from God.

You haven't anything that will say scripture alone. What do you make of this "power to bind and loose" language that Jesus said to Peter? This is Jesus giving Peter and his successors to power to absolve sins and to make definitive judgement in the matters of faith and morals. So Peter and his successors are protected from teaching error, because god who is truth binds and looses in heaven what Peter binds and looses on earth.

Does anyone have the image for Christian movies?

It is an utterly worthless construct by a totalitarian pedophile murder and fraud, One paragraph of the beatitudes as more of Gods voice in it than the entirety of the koran.

No thanks. It and its minions - They have nothing worth listening to and if you had met them you would know that is rule one of fight club.

>As he said this, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, “Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts that you sucked!”
>But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
>Luke 11:27-28
Jesus discourages singling out his mother for praise.

>Then his mother and his brethren came to him, but they could not reach him for the crowd.
>And he was told, “Your mother and your brethren are standing outside, desiring to see you.”
>But he said to them, “My mother and my brethren are those who hear the word of God and do it.”
>Luke 8:19-21
Jesus downplays the importance of his biological mother.

>You haven't anything that will say scripture alone
What I did say is that scripture has authority over a preacher/priest/pope who contradicts it (using the context of verses 12-16). It's not 'sola scriptura' in the way you presumably want it to mean, but it's functionally nearly identical.

>What do you make of this "power to bind and loose" language that Jesus said to Peter?
I hate to be a pain, but could you refresh my memory? I don't recall which part of which gospel(s) that's from.

No

LSD places you in a position where your moral though it confused and acts as an occult practice that draws evil to you.

The body releases it naturally when dying as a natural part of death...why we don;t know.

Think about it though. Why experiment with something that is part o the process of death when you are not dying.

>Richard Dawkins
More an ego than a man.

Explain this

Kys

>The body releases it naturally when dying as a natural part of death
That's DMT, not LSD.

LSD temporarily removes your ego, then runs through your memories, a bit like how defragmentation works on a computer's hard drive.

This destroys sola ScriptUra

Islam is the only true religion

What prompted that?

Pathetic AUSNIGGER denies history

ISLAM IS THE ONLY TRUE RELIGION

You are deluded and vulnerable to evil.

He gave it to the apostles and those they appointed. Not you.

2 Thess 2:1
>So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

Paul equates his oral instruction, "traditions," with his inspired letter.

2 Thess 3:6
>Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to keep away from any brother who leads an undisciplined life that is not in keeping with the tradition you received from us.

Paul gives a standing command in very strong language that has never been revoked.

1 Cor 11:2
>I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you.

Paul commends the Corinthians church because they have faithfully held the to the doctrine (tradition) that Paul taught them.

1 Thess 2:13
>And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.

Paul explicitly equates oral teaching with the "word of god."

THIS IS WHAT PROTNIGGERS BELIEVE

ISLAM REFUTES SHIT LIKE THIS

Kys

PROTNIGGERS ARE A JOKE

I believe it's Mt 18:18

It's not God that changed it was us thanks to Jesus.

New covenant
the covenant between God and the followers of Jesus Christ.

WHY DID PROTNIGGER DENY THIS

protestant cult insanity.

no humility in it.

PROTNIGGERS KYS

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

CHRISTIAN SUCKS

user pls

I'll try to be a bit more comprehensive than what just Catholics believe:

There are two basic understandings of God in Christianity between all sects:

>What is called Theistic Personalism, which is a modern mainstream view in which God is a being in an anthropomorphic sense. A kind of God-object either inside or outside of the universe.
>Classical Theism, which is the longstanding pre-modern mainstream view of God as not a person or being but the willful ground of the universe at all moments in time.

The apostolic faiths (Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and Coptics) support Classical Theism. Both views are acceptable for laypeople but between theologians the apostolic faiths would support Classical Theism and view the other as just poor philosophy.

However, the details of this classical view must be elaborated on to be more substantial. I'll try to be brief to give you basics.

>Transcendence

With the classical view of what God is, God's transcendence is much like a flashlight to the light it emits. The flashlight is involved constantly and intimately with the light it emits but still never amidst the light by virtue of what it is.

>Omnipotence

Borrowing the same analogy, the flashlight has control over the light emitted but yet changes with the light are not done by messing with the photons individually but rather through altering the flashlight itself. Thus, at the very source from which things persist does change occur.

To be closer to God's will - to "have God in your life" - wouldn't mean that something is removed from you to be made more saintly but rather God gives assistance which we call "grace". Take, for example, the "burning bush" image from the Old Testament. The most powerful element of that image is that the bush is on fire and yet not being consumed by the fire. God does not take away from us to enter into our lives.

part 1/2

part 2/2

>Omniscience and Omnipresence

While God is not presently everywhere in essence, God does dictates the flow of the natural world by His will and so all creation reflects God himself. Seeing as God constantly sustains reality rather than making it and letting it spin on itself God is constantly aware of everything that occurs insofar as God is aware of what God creates.

>Eternity

The view is that God's creative act is one single act that we, in creation, play out in time.

>Gender

God's masculine gender is a historic anthropomorphism to express God's relation to us rather than saying the ground of being itself has genitals of any type

>Is God is that how is Jesus man

The classical doctrine of the hypostatic union established by the early church reconciled that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypostatic_union

Jesus is not partially man and partially God or one or the other but rather both fully. It's the view that Jesus was fully man but God gave also the divine will to which Jesus was perfectly aligned with.

>Where is this view argued ever

Strangely enough, the vast majority of Cosmological Arguments are not about a "before the big bang" but rather about this view of God being a constant sustaining ground of reality - the view "divine conservation". That this confusion comes up is a modern ignorance. Granted there are those that speak of temporal causation - such as the Kalam Cosmological Argument - but most do not.

This is very brief but I can answer questions you may have.

GO TO HELL FAGGOT.

YOU POLYTHEIST STOP STEALING OUR PHILOSOPHY

He's either a Muslim or trying to get a rise out of you, ignore it aussie, you should know better.

YOU FUCKING HACK

>your Fatima is the whore of Babylon, not Mary.
Your in a hate cult.

Sorry. How about dropping the hating Roman Catholics and actually reading the new testament if you must be biblocentric to the exclusion of the early apostles and the philosophers of the church who existed before your leaf fell off the branch?

If the church that preserved the bible until you got for a thousand years is evil then your thinking is flawed.

KYS

ALLAH AKBAR

HOW DARE YOU STEAL ISLAMIC PHILOSOPHY

. Thus, later sources inform us that Abū Bišr Mattā commented on books Alpha Elatton, Βeta (III) and Theta (VIII) of the Metaphysics; he is also quoted in Avicenna's exegesis of book Lambda (XII). Yaḥyā Ibn ʿAdī's commentary on book Alpha Elatton is extant. Abū l-Faraǧ ibn al-Ṭayyib's (d. 1043) commentary on the Metaphysics, preserved in fragments in Hebrew translation, is famous for its length and its extremely detailed character, an exegetical style decidedly resented by Avicenna.

Man, I love that McFerrin song.

. Thus, later sources inform us that Abū Bišr Mattā commented on books Alpha Elatton, Βeta (III) and Theta (VIII) of the Metaphysics; he is also quoted in Avicenna's exegesis of book Lambda (XII). Yaḥyā Ibn ʿAdī's commentary on book Alpha Elatton is extant. Abū l-Faraǧ ibn al-Ṭayyib's (d. 1043) commentary on the Metaphysics, preserved in fragments in Hebrew translation, is famous for its length and its extremely detailed character, an exegetical style decidedly resented by Avicenna.

Man I love to kill Christians

Religion is for the weak of mind.

Except islam

I don;t see any evidence of Jesus teachings in your posts at all so I assume you are not part of what you consider the Church and are part of some pseudo satanic organization devoted primarily to hating Roman Catholics? Are you one of these creationist type people also?

Based Christian knowledge.

>which is the longstanding pre-modern mainstream view of God as not a person or being but the willful ground of the universe at all moments in time.

Why does this sound like pantheism more than monotheism?

See this post.

Atheism is for the lazy

True, Islam's for the mindless

What is there to explain? I'm not even sure what you're trying to show with that. Some people wrote false teachings which contradict scripture. Those weren't included in the Bible.

That doesn't even make a point against SS. You don't appear to know how to formulate an argument. You just throw a piece of text referring to something tangential and never make a conclusion from it. You're boring me. Pic is for you.

Also:
>defending a child molesting warmonger

>you should know better.
I was going to give it the benefit of the doubt, but now he's gone full Gish Gallop mode so I won't bother. Funny how they always resort to cheap tactics like that. I wonder if it's drunk.

Pas surpris du tout, (((Mr. Westmount)))

It's a tool for a prayer, man, not some bit of fashion. Get one or do In what respect? You left the church entirely?
What's going on now, man? If you mind me asking.

imgur.com/a/k3fQw

You're quoting the wrong person.

>Islamic philosophy

There are elements of reality discovered by the Muslims and some not. A discovery of the natural world isn't owned by the people who discovered it and stop thinking that Islam did all the work. Scholasticism doesn't and didn't exist in just one part of the world.

Because you're conflating the source of creation with creation itself? I dunno.

You dont need a rosary to pray the rosary it just helps, its a meditiation on the life of christ

Always with the hate. Is your vision of heaven full of hate too?

Don't reply to this Malaysian fellow, while I have no room to complain, he is a troll. I have playfully argued with him over the past two or so days, and I always catch him in a corner, where he resorts to profuse swearing and unrelated diatribes. Like me, he is merely bored, unaware of his true calling and true desire.

On a side note, what do you all think of the Ethiopian Orthodox?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UA32uXuyz-8

The guy Rocky fought

>Then again we don;t decide do we.

I actually made my own rosary with paracord since I do a lot of hiking and camping and needed something durable. I used this guide if you're interested.

instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-Rosary-out-of-Paracord/

He's representing the evil one in the exchange of ideas.

Jesus taught his apostles more than is in the Bible. You do realize that. It is even mentioned in the Bible.

Actually, hell, this is much simpler and I do this personally:

>get the Laudate app
>realize how rich in info it is
>do the interactive rosary on it
>realize that it both helps you through it and gives you the stuff to read and meditate on
>benefit and don't worry about being classy

I struggle with absent-mindedness and so having the app helps me remember what to say while I'm trying to meditate on something else.

>Trail of Blood

Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder!

>Jesus taught his apostles more than is in the Bible.
Presumably at least some of what he taught them wound up in books attributed to those apostles though!

>"hey guys, follow this pope fellow and base your religion on hearsay"?

How about conscience?

You know almost nothing about Roman Catholicism you do know that don't you?

You seem a low grade entity mainly full of hate.

Chesterton said that absent-mindedness is only the presence of the mind elsewhere

You are already defeated in the name of Jesus under the blood of Jesus I bind you and every spirit of evil that roams the earth like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour to oppress believers NO MORE. GET BEHIND ME YOU FAKE CHRISTIAN

Robert Barron get off of Cred Forums.

>Because you're conflating the source of creation with creation itself? I dunno.

Probably because I grew up thinking of God as being something that maintains the universe from "outside" of it.

It's just hard to wrap my head around the whole "ipsum esse subsistens" talk. I grew up (American) Lutheran. Catholic friend wants me to go to Mass with him, but I'm starting to question if I believe in free will or not. I have a feeling that I will either delve deeper into traditional Lutheranism or go Catholic... I can't see myself becoming an atheist or agnostic but I don't know how to deal with the "problem of evil" without free will, and most answers just seem to say "because the ends of the Omniscience CAN justify the means."

>I won't sugar coat it like some, your definitely going to hell unless you fix your faith.

Well that's something you can take up with Jesus when he judges you. I'm sure that will be moment for you to remember. Jesus of course did not condemn sinners but you put yourself ahead of all of that. I honestly don;t see any trace of Christs teachings in your words at all.

>How about conscience?
The Bible has passages that clearly suggest to follow the scriptures and not any leader if the two are in conflict. I was discussing 2 Timothy 3:12-16 earlier in this thread.

You don't need Rosary BEADS to pray the Rosary (they are only meant to help you keep track of where you are in the prayer). The Rosary was intended to be a poor man's Gospel reading in a time when Bibles were not readily accessible by everyone. You are literally better off reading the actual Gospel than praying the Rosary in the current year.

t. former devout Catholic

God is going to get you for idolatry and worshipping Mary instead of Jesus. And he is going to throw you into hell where you'll scream and flop around and holler for a glass of water but Jesus will say "No, you went to the wrong church. Now I will make you burn forever and make sure it hurts really, really bad. I love you!" God bless amen

I'm sorry. Again who are you to decide in Christ place?

I think Luther was disgusted by his followers at the time of his death.

Used to be 40% Christian before the Nakba

Are you a satanist then because in all of muhammeds life he seems to represent carnality, cruelty, violence, secular power and evil including the trying to distort the truth of Christs resurrection which had been existent for 700 years before he made some coin and got a bed marrying a widow who owned a show prior to his career talking to demons. . As does his creation.

> You aren't saved

Are you saying someone who truly accepts Jesus as our Lord and Savior isn't saved?

Maybe you should look again the words of Christ in the Bible. The Faith in Him is the only thing asked by Him. All the righteousness and correct life will come to anyone afterwards that.

You worship the memory of a murderer who spoke to demons not angels and live in his shadow..

Advice to Christians returning tho lacking faith:
Read the NT in whichever version suits you so that you understand the story even if not in the details. Understand the way of goodness and the phenomenon of Christ's birth and teachings. These are useful in the Western world. Whatever you don't believe in, just allow it and keep moving- the teachings themselves can be depended on and actually contain multiple layers of meaning. Pay close attention to the actual words of the Christ, it's essentially these, through the application to life experience, is what makes believers. Allow it by opening yourself up to it. It is only scripture and experience. It won't hurt you and even if you still doubt, you will be reading some of he foundational texts of western civilization. It is a long process but a valuable one. Seek community with Christians starting with a pastor or priest. Nothing is required of you, just find a time that's convenient for them and have a talk about your real concerns and ask humbly for advice. You only have to listen and again you only have but a little time to lose. If Christianity is something that attracts you have to build a foundation with what's closest at hand starting with yourself. You will not be rejected or forced to believe anything and while people who are all fallible can vary, there are many thousands who genuinely want to help, even if on the internet if you live in a remote place. There is nothing to lose by making the effort and potentially much to lose if you don't if you are in need of help. Give thanks to a positive higher being for any success, ask in prayer for what you need. It only has to be honest, you don't have to "believe" as much as let go of your doubt.

Is it the violence, the lies or the sexual carnality of mohammeds life that appeals to you?

Would that same advice apply to Islam ?

No not really. Anglicans, orthadox and Lutherans we hope can come back to the Roman Catholic church with us and beside us and cease fighting between us to spread the good news and do charitable work and support each other in living moral loives. If Christ was here it is what he would want us to do.

>but I'm starting to question if I believe in free will or not.

Two topics I'm very ignorant on are souls and free will so I can't be of too much help there. Eliminative Materialists, people would be complete materials on the point of free will, tend to have a lot of problem as having a totally naturalistic view of reality, including the mind, would deny mental intent (which is one of the few things with loads of defense) so I would recommend looking into the discussion on free will more.

amazon.com/gp/product/0199371628/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8

Which denomination should I choose?

But I can read the KJV anytime I want, I prefer the douay rheims. You'll be back when it is time.

Well they have been fooled by a man who was lead by demons.

I gave my to somebody who needed it and use my knuckles. I need to pick up a new one.

Pardon me but what exactly what meaning out of context do the archbishop of Constantinople words have?

The whole of Christs teaching is about not hating. A true Roman Catholic who fights to defend the innocent may not do so with hate in his heart but love.

I'm sorry. I think you are a cultist of some kind now.

I rather like Chesterton to.

OK. That idea appeals to you does it. You sit in your corner and obsesses on hell then.

I'll stick to forgiving trespasses as I wish mine to be forgiven.

Goodnight everyone.

There isn't any congregation that doesn't follow any denomination in your city?

The closer they're to the Bible scriptures and praising the Trinity are the better

Whichever one you feel most at home with, I'm a Lutheran personally but really so long as you accept Jesus Christ into your heart there is no issue

newadvent.org/cathen/14153a.htm
The Soul

newadvent.org/cathen/06259a.htm

Free will

Good night.

i already adressed this it cannot mean that jesus said it to peter alone

if you stil doubt he calls peter satan right after

Matthew 16:23
>But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

citation needed , also why should it not be in the bible ?

If you dont want to end up in hell none denomination , and just read the bible and belief what ever you want to belief

Die

Nevermind. I missed the word 'hate' in the first post you responded to.

You sum up in your post the very reason islam is satanic.

If my post end with repeating digits I must repent or eternal torment in hell awaits me for my sins

It's there. I'm tired and if it inspires you to read the new testament searching for it then we can both surely agree than is only a good thing. Good night and God Bless.

Why leave your fate to an anime image board?

lol asuming i dont know the bible see you in hell friend

30And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

25And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.