I'm curious what Cred Forums makes of this movie

youtube.com/watch?v=vbpjyYDvvHA

It's all disgusting lies, right? They just all hate us, every single one- and it's because of our freedom, right?

See you on page 10!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BMqpU7lUlLg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Iranians are pretty cool though. I mean it sucks they accidentally the whole country, but there you go.

Would have loved to visit '70s Persia.

I remember seeing a trailer for this movie when I went to go see this one
youtube.com/watch?v=BMqpU7lUlLg

It's a really good movie. Hopefully they all stay in their country.

Do you live in a really small town or something? Those movies were released three years apart from each other. It seems weird they would have shown a trailer for a three year old movie before a current one.

I really enjoyed the book.

>the islamists are shit
>the shah was shit too, a puppet
>the iran-iraq war was shit, and the west profited from it by selling weapons to both sides

Basic redpill, really.

Met Satrapi herself a few years back. She's a funny and very gracious woman.

it's a good film

also, iran's film industry is a billion times better than hollywood

I liked Triplets so I have to see this one.

Looks like a movie for girls. Sadly, outside of Nippon, girls are not into cartoons.

girl

girl

girl

girl, I checked.

eu quero mais é que essa merda da helena enfie o bruno no cú dela pra ela parar com essa choradeira. ou se matar logo, mulher morta ou mulher puta não tem diferença.

one of her characters is a guy who gets cucked by his bitchy wife

It's communist propaganda. Especially ridiculous how her commie uncle is portrayed as some kind of hero while he went to fucking Stalin's USSR for training.

Communism > Islam

every time

From what I could make from the trailer, the movie seems to be anti-revolution and Islamic Republic, isn't it?

>eu quero mais é que essa merda da helena enfie o bruno no cú dela pra ela parar com essa choradeira. ou se matar logo, mulher morta ou mulher puta não tem diferença.
U wot m8?

>tfw taking the bait

I'm a guy.

The book isn't "girly" beyond it being the firsthand experience of a girl living through it, and briefly describing the consequences of the Islamist takeover for the rights of women in the country, among many other things.

I actually read this book and it's pretty damn good.

The movie was garbage.

Yeah, we fucked up intervening in the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Maybe they might have civilized the country in a way we've failed to.

I actually had to watch this for a French film class at uni

I remember them making the revolutionaries look like the assholes, which is true, but then everyone in Europe was a dick to the girl so muh discrimination and all that

No it is pretty accurate, from the perspective of a child
Also should be noted that happened 35 years ago, a lot has changed

I heard Satrapi speak in a Portland concert and I don't remember much about the talk except
1) She was adamant that Persepolis was a "comic book" and not a "graphic novel" because she thought the latter term was for loser intellectuals
2) She was pissed she couldn't smoke inside
seemed pretty based honestly

It's good. Graphic novel is too.

GOOD ASS FILM

Yeah, that sounds like her.

nice useless multiquote fagtron do it again pls

tell me what happens when you convert from Islam to Christianity? Is all the "khak toosareh kafir" rhetoric valid?
If it isn't, then the 'Islamic Republic' is cancer.
Islam has done nothing for Iran, their "golden age" was basically Persians doing the homework of Arabs.

Islamic republic is indeed cancer, but the situation is not as bad as first years of revolution when you could simply get killed for disagreeing with the government.
At least now, they imprison you.

girl

girl

girl, I checked this one too.

girl.

fag

FAT ASS GIRL

jealous girl

ok, sister.

girl

You are disgusting

Pretty based. Although the director comes off as a cuck irl.

Better than the shit put out by Disney 24/7

Its garbage

Stfu girl

Leave troll

Truly a tale of pigs and farmers, if you ask me.

The book was trash

watched this in my high school history class instead of reading the graphic novel. not bad

Wait, they show this in high schools now?! And it's also required reading?!
Where do you live? I had to drive a couple towns over to find a theatre playing it because I REALLY wanted to see it, and even after that the graphic novel wasn't carried in my local library for several years.

I think she is trying to state she is underage and should be banned.

I'm not a girl you brat.

Here's your (you) you attention whore, I checked.