Required Cred Forums reading

I'll start

>Wealth of nations
>communist manifesto (to understand the enemy)
>the bible (new and old testaments)
>Art of war
>1984
>Brave new world

contribute

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zdgzkqsy_z0
youtube.com/watch?v=cgVo9hBbhFk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZjuBRaLYWnA
americanfreepress.net/PDF/Final_Judgment.pdf
mises.org/system/tdf/For a New Liberty The Libertarian Manifesto_3.pdf?file=1&type=document
mises.org/sites/default/files/Human Action_3.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=F0_NsS1Zdlk
youtube.com/watch?v=wE-tRR6YcuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YbvjdAYT0nY
youtube.com/watch?v=AOXl0Ll_t9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Prince.

Capital by Thomas Piketty

I've heard that title dropped a few times. Will give it a read

that sounds radical af. ill have to look into it

*Required high school reading list
fify obviously underaged faggot

Also please tell me that the pic is just one you grabbed off of google and not the actual book you read

>Mein Kampf
>The Art of The Deal

Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, partly to understand the enemy, partly because it's genuinely helpful to us.

This is another good book. All these clips are the author of the book talking about the book.

World Becoming More, Not Less Religious: The Future Of Demographics And Religion (7 minutes)
youtube.com/watch?v=Zdgzkqsy_z0

Fundamentalism Is As Modern As Secularism: Demographics And Religion Of Muslims, Christians And Jews (2 minutes)
youtube.com/watch?v=cgVo9hBbhFk

Religion, Demographic Shifts And Why More Countries Will Resemble Israel (6 minutes)
youtube.com/watch?v=ZjuBRaLYWnA

Want more recommendations with videos?

Atlas shrugged or the fountainhead might be good ones to start people off on the path, helps people grasp the concept that there are people who contribute more than others, and that they shouldn't be treated equally

>March of the Titans by Arthur Kemp
>Mein Kampf
>How to win friends and influence people
>48 Laws of Power
>Might Makes Right
>Camp of the Saints
>Turner Diaries/Hunter

I'm reading Tom Sawyer to my daughter at night. It's a great book, and genuinely takes you back to a simpler time in America where boys could just be boys. Yeah, I've read politics and philosophy and shit, but this just has so much charm. It's a window into the past.

sounds gay

Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes

gay for JTT 'n ur dubs

>he thinks smith and marx have opposing economic theories
and the communist manifesto is just literal propaganda for peasants, not the economic theory behind it.

read to understand it, don't rush

>The end of Laissez faire (Keynes)
>the doctine of Fascism (Benito Mussolini)
>Mein Kampf
>The Talmud

Animal Farm (George Orwell)

>The Talmud
Don't bother. It's far too large to be worth your time. Even Talmudic scholars themselves just pick out convenient quotes.

I hear Discourses on the First Decade of Titus Livius is a great read

which art of war
sun tzu or machiavelli?

PIC FUCKING RELATED ALL OF YOU SHOULD READ IT TO UNDERSTAND THE SJW MENACE

THIS TOO

REQUIRED:
How to Lie with Statistics

Darrel Huff

Starship Troopers

Fuck lefties get salty when I say might is right. I mainly use it in regards to our colonisation of Australia and it triggers them so fkn hard it's worth it every time.

Probably Sun Tzu. I'd recommend Sun Tzu's either way.

It really gives you great insight into the Chinese mindset as well as generally having useful advice regarding things like business and sport (and, well, warfare. Obviously).

Every American should read this book.

americanfreepress.net/PDF/Final_Judgment.pdf

The forward is lengthy but helps frame the struggle it was to publish this book.

Why Art of War? I read it and the lessons I got from it were very generalized and common sense, unless you're specifically an ancient Chinese commander. Even then, it's: know your enemy, know yourself, know your environment, and deceive. Something every general should realize, applying it is entirely different and not covered by the book.

If anyone on this board actually read the bible there wouldn't as be near as many people who call themselves christians, and I word it that way because it's obvious there are a bunch of dumb teens who are literally 'christian' just to fit in here. And of course I'm going to get reddit hat meme replies for this, or since I've called it now probably no replies.

SHIT
overhyped conformist revisionism

The art of war and the book of five rings are incredible.

Also stuka pilot.

I swear to god

it seems like common sense because it's teachings are so good they have becpme known to everyone

alot like stoicism seems like common sense to alot of people

Legend of the Galactic Heroes novels. The anime is also top notch, and Cred Forums quality.

try The International Jew

>The communist manifesto, a shit tier discourse which has nothing to do with marxism
>Not Das Kapital, an analytic philisophy ouvre which you probably wouldn't understand

>Wealth of nations

If you're going to have those two, might as well read the one our national economic strategy was founded on, "Harmony of Interests".

Origin of Species

>If anyone on this board actually read the bible there wouldn't as be near as many people who call themselves christians
Reading the Bible strengthens my faith: it doesn't weaken it.

I don't recommend the NIV by the way. The NIV is owned by a certain (((publishing company))) and gets constant (((updates))).

KJV is the best imho, and many others seem to recommend the ESV though that version I haven't read.

You know which association Tom represents, friend?
>proud
>artful liar
>going great lengths to do wrong right

What should we really read if we don't want to waste our time and dont have aspergers?

Its lessons are simple and feel obvious enough, but they're bolstered with fascinating historical examples of battles where more outrageous strategies were used, and the volume itself is pretty short, so it's an easy one to recommend.

I didn't say there would be literally zero christians here, just fewer, considering the astonishing lack of knowledge of anything in the bible beyond genesis, exodus and the 10 commandments (i.e. all the common knowledge mainstream shit) I've seen from """""christians""""" on Cred Forums. I bet over a quarter of Cred Forums """""""christians"""""" are edgy teens who meme "DUES VULT XD" to fit in and probably meme "praise Kek" now.

>if we don't want to waste our time
Animal Farm (George Orwell). It'll take you only a few hours to read, it has a very simple and immersive story, and it contains an extremely important lesson that's more vital today than it ever was since it was written.

Epictetus:
The Enchiridion
The Golden Sayings of Epictetus
George Orwell:
Animal Farm
Baltasar Gracián:
The Art of Worldly Wisdom
Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels:
The Communist Manifesto

Ambrose Bierce:
The Devil's Dictionary (painful humour)
Lao Tzu
Tao Te Ching

Sun Tzu
The Art of War

W. Somerset Maugham
The Razor's Edge

Homer
The Odyssey
The Iliad
Dante Alighieri
The Divine Comedy

Miyamoto Musashi
The Book of Five Rings
The Way of Walking Alone
Basil William Maturin
Self-Knowledge and Self-Discipline

Csíkszentmihályi Mihály
Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience
Henry David Thoreau
Walden; or, Life in the Woods
On the Duty of Civil Disobedience

Harry Browne
How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Why Government Doesn't Work
Fail-Safe Investing: Lifelong Financial Security in 30 Minutes

Josep Campbell
The Hero With A Thousand Faces
Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Antifragile
Black Swan

Steven Pressfield
The War of Art
Robert Greene
The 48 Laws of Power
The 33 Strategies of War
The Art of Seduction

Marcus Aurelius
Meditations
Sir John Glubb
The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival

Julius Evola
Ride The Tiger

Currently reading Evola's other works, quite like it so far.

That's right goy. No need to look at the Talmud. Nothing important in there.

>the koran (to understand the enemy)
>Small Is Beautiful

I am adding Heart of Darkness. Brilliant work of art.

While we are discussing Christianity

Currently reading World Order by Kissinger.
To understand the enemy and of geopolitics.

This is my current reading list. It's a bit more advanced (not trying to brag, just pointing out it's not light or necessarily pleasant reading.)

>Tragedy and Hope by Carroll Quigley
>The Anglo-American Establishment by Carroll Quigley
>Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious by Carl Gustav Jung

Other books I'd recommend (some might already be mentioned.)

>The Will to Power by Frederick Nietzsche
>The Manipulated Man by Esther Vilar
>The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
>The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri
>The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit by Eugene Michael Jones
>The Culture of Critique by Kevin MacDonald
>All of Plato, Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas, Saint Augustine, Saint John Chrysostom
>Man and His Symbols by Carl Gustav Jung

I've also heard Hitler's second book is better than Mein Kampf but I haven't read it yet.

Nothing else comes to mind but I'll add more if something comes up.

It's one thing to know, and another to do. Books like the art of war are important, because they reinforce what you know you should do.

I'd say that's mainly because of the two demographics (actual Christians, on the one hand, and Cred Forums users, on the other) being an extremely slim overlap. (I'm no model Christian myself, surprise surprise)

I get the feeling that there are plenty of people on here who WANT to be Christian or see it as a good thing in some capacity or another, but lack the knowledge and wisdom to understand (for example) why the Bible is written the way it is.

The problem is that in order to understand the Bible after having been dosed up on all sorts of misinformation and misinterpretation (or memes), the path back to faith is a long and arduous one that requires a great deal of study, as well as understanding concepts such as what esoteric writing is, or how to read reverentially. That's a lot of reading to put in and for many edgy teens the thought of even making it up to, say, the book of Ezra, leaves them feeling bewildered.

Il Principe

Democracy: The God that Failed, by Hans-Hermann Hoppe

I've only ever read the odd quote from that one. Worthwhile?

Don't let me stop you, but you'd be better off searching for key phrases or something instead of reading the whole damn 666 volumes. How many are there actually? Like 32? It's still a ridiculous amount of text to get bogged down in.

Wtf I love libertarians now

It is obvious as fuck shit distilled into nice repeatable and easily rememberable quatrains.

If it wasnt for 80s bateman types no one would give a fuck about it.

Read clauswitz, amd even jomini instead.

fuck this liberal nonsense kikebook
Everyone who had at least some economic classes knows it's shit.

He wrote other books about political theory. The prince was just one of them.

>the state is coercive and evil
>we must remove everyone who disagrees by force
t. libertarians

Decent list, needs work though.

>Wealth of nations

Why? Economic liberalism no longer exists anywhere. Neoliberal globalism is the current system. Fukuyama and a college macroeconomics book will get you further and will take less time.

>Communist Manifesto

Short and pretty easy to read, why not I guess. If you don't have the proper historical and geopolitical context, it won't be worth much.

>The Bible

Only essential recommendation on your list.

>Art of War

Interesting but mostly irrelevant.

>1984

The warning contained in the book is the only worthwhile part. Read a summary instead and Orwell's essays on language.

>Brave New World

Good read, will probably just depress you when you notice that it all came true.

When you're ready to join the BIG BOYS in the BIG BOY league, pick up anything by Julius Evola and begin to understand why almost everything you believe is wrong

For a New Liberty by Murray Rothbard
mises.org/system/tdf/For a New Liberty The Libertarian Manifesto_3.pdf?file=1&type=document

and

Human Action by Ludwig von Mises
mises.org/sites/default/files/Human Action_3.pdf

I'm incredibly close to becoming Christian after finishing the bible.

I agree with all it teaches in terms of morality and ethics, the only thing I struggle with are the higher power, the after life, and humanity being the ultimate importance and never being able to leave Earth if god is real.

Starship troopers is a based tale that is fun while giving great insight into facism

I find his arguments against democracy compelling. He makes excellent arguments in favor of far right government, eg monarchy. Libertarians have a good understanding of economic incentive, you just have to ignore the lefty egalitarian bullshit.

The Redneck Manifesto-Jim Goad

SJW's Always Lie-Vox Day

Basically read anything pertaining to the 1000yr Reich that was the venetian empire. One of the least taught subjects in western history. They are the original oligarchs and by studying their history, you will gain a greater understanding of oligarch transfer i.e. when the venetians moved to the netherlands then settling in England eventually shifting to the U.S. and now is seeming like they're pivoting to China.

It's basically just an extension of "get off my lawn". Hoppe is writing from the perspective of the dictator being the owner of the country, which is the historical view.

>the bible
are you having a fucking giggle lad?

Now I have a supreme question. Recommended reading and come to your own conclusion. But what I ask of you is at the end of all of it what is the take home message? What is the end goal or rather the enlightenment of it all

reactionary lit

You got that right mate.

Seems like an ideal libertarian society should be like a totalitarian regime for this guy, good luck to establish a police state without police or state to hunt dissidents.

Read anything from Robert Plomin, especially his new book about education. Here's some best bits of Plomin:

The best video to redpill even the most bluepilled on genetics of IQ with indisputable, easily understandable study (5 minutes):
youtube.com/watch?v=F0_NsS1Zdlk

Why Behavioural Genetics Is Important And Ignoring It Is Immoral And Dangerous (1 minute)
youtube.com/watch?v=wE-tRR6YcuQ

Should We Protect The Public From Genetic Explanations Because They're Discouraging (2 minutes)
youtube.com/watch?v=YbvjdAYT0nY

Want more book recommendations with videos?

guide to reading plato

The Abolition of Britain - Peter Hitchens
It's a chilling breakdown of how cultural subversion slowly transformed Britain into the (((multicultural paradise))) that it is today. Not required reading per se. but definitely one that won't hurt you to check out.

You might as well ask what we're doing on pol when none of us are politicians.

I couldnt even finish the Art of War, it's just fucking retarded. I made it 80% of the way and just had no will to finish. Meditations however changed my life forever, I have 3 separate copies of it and will be buried with my fancy hardcover edition.

He fell for the "contrarian zealot" meme that was just to piss off libcuck atheist.
Couldn't handle having fedoras thrown at him so he settled for slave morality and a 2000 year Jewish psyop to emasculate the spirit of appreciating strength, pride and dominance.

muh meek shall inherit

Half of these are EU4 or CIV V expansions, can I just play the games?

This

occultism

The Audacity of Hope

> wealth of nations
A shit
>Gommunist manifesto
Maybe but we are dealing with another kind of marxist today far from the old labour type
>art of war
Sure
>1984
Sure
>brave new world
Great

Gtfo you filthy commie

Democracy the god that failed
Hans heeman hoppe

Die juden und unser lugen
Martin luther

Culture of critique
Kevin mcdonald

I can tell you don't know what you're talking about. He simply says that certain views are incompatible. His main point is that we are more free under a "totalitarian" government than a democracy, and explains why very convincingly.

>reading books
>current year

I'm currently reading Tragedy and Hope (I'm around page 300), good book.

Don't know why it's praised by conspiracy theorists, because so far I haven't seen any conspiratorial revelations. But perhaps I'm not far enough into the book.

Yes pls

To add to this, this isn't even controversial among libertarian philosophers. For instance, Von Mises who said that Fascism saved European civilizations, or Friedman who advised Pinochet.

The dude weed lmao faggots who get naked on stage and call themselves """libertarians""" are controlled opposition.

This is based as fuck

although most of you will balk at it because it was written by a "marixist" and the language it uses is obtuse

also learn the trivium.

"Art of war" is a bit dated, the information on medieval warfare is no longer really relevant.

>>the bible (new and old testaments)
Pointless. Unless you are interested in art history and want to know the stories behind paintings.
There is nothing interesting in bible except some badly told Babylonian fairy-tales. Other parts are even worse crap.

>I don't know how to read and think for myself so I need someone to hold my hand and interpret everything in a way that's comfortable for me and my fragile world-view

What next, going to recommend the Jewish-annotated Mein Kampf?

I haven't read that far in but from what I've gathered from secondary sources Quigley talks about the implementation of Federal Reserve style central banks throughout the world, domination through capitalism, globalism. There's also supposed to be material relevant to the sinking of the Lusitania to get America into WW1.

>There is nothing interesting in bible
Either you haven't read it or you can't see the obvious parallels between those times and the current year's socio-political ills.

Isaiah reads like it's straight-up talking about the (((refugee crisis))). Actually, the entire OT repeats the same mantra of how cultural instability will lead to invasion by outside forces over and over in both literal warning and example after example.

Replace the bible with On the Genealogy of Morality, and add meditations - marcus aurellius and you're golden.

It would make sense to read an annoted bible, as long as the annotation is done in an exegetic way. There's quite a lot of symbolism and metaphors/allegory in it, which people may not pick up on directly, especially without any prior knowledge.

Reading the bible with a skeptic's annotation is only useful if you're doing it in public, so you can show how edgy you are.

So there's literally nothing gotten from all the reading?

why nations fail

Economics in one lesson

Then give Von Clausewitz's Art of War

A bit more modern

gospel of Thomas/ pic related. anything Gnostic really.

Sad to see this so ignored, seriously reading any political book before this (and probably Plato's Rebublic too) is just setting yourself up for failure. They are ESSENTIAL reading.

His book "Dreams from My Father" would be a better recommend.

1984 was garbage and you are unintelligent garbage.

This
Art of War is just basic bitch strategy lessons.
Clausewitz' is way more detailed, and so much more applicable to the modern age.
It's "On War."
Rommels "Infantry Attacks" is a really good one too, from the perspective of a junior officer

Three books are needed to understand Western literature and art
>the bible
>aesops fables
>bullfinche's mythology

I just found a good copy of this.

This one is actually quite good
(Hint: if you walk away after reading and think the book was actually about swordplay, you completely missed the point)

I loved this one

If you get nothing from pol you'll probably get nothing from reading. It's the same question you hear about any kind of abstract knowledge. "Why do I need to learn algebra" for example.

Carroll Quigley- Tragedy and Hope
Tim Weiner- History of the CIA
Steve Coll- Ghost Wars

MY LORD
A GLORIOUS VICTORY WILL SOON BE YOURS

infowars. alex jones.

>It would make sense to read an annoted bible

>From Revelation 22
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

It's treading a fine line.

Oh that's right

On War

Well the general idea is there

Horus Heresy

The art of war is super ancient.... ill agree its not a good entry. The only really relevant passages concern logistics and information gathering

Am I the only one in the tinfoil hat?

So the author of Revelation was being anal about nobody adding to his book. Cool. You realize he isn't talking about the "bible" (which hadn't even been compiled in a complete form at that time) right?

Magnus did nothing wrong

>Wealth of nations
confirmed never read the two.
Adams actually supported equality, and claimed absolute free market would bring absolute equality, the invisible hand was also used once and protip, its not what you think it is

communist manifesto is literally a pamphlet, a fucking pamphlet which is basically "workers rise" and thats it. You would better understand your enemy if you visit some union webpage

also inb4 u mention capital has little to do with how to communism, and it is basically a detailed examination of the economy especially of 19th century, the solutions for the future are vague at best and non existant at worst.

Read Lenin if you want to understand your enemy, for he talked greatly about how to do revolution etc.

I'm not a commie but please have some knowledge before speaking your ideas out loud.

Half of it is sword techniques and shit.
Half of it is mindset.
Then you have the void book. Musashi write when he was blazed im sure

>Well the general idea is there
>literally the foundation of all warfare post napoleon

There is a reason why sun tsu is on west points recommended reading list and Clausewitz is required

You didn't answer the question the first time nevermind for asking you anothrr.

I understand most of us have read this in high school, but it's still one of my favorites.

start with the greeks

I understand what you're saying though I wanted a concrete answer from all these books being read. Not that nothing matters were all going to die anyway which doesn't seem to be the main topic on these recommended books.

Do you see the value of that idea though?

By retaining the Bible's current form indefinitely, it'll become a true cornerstone from which traditional value can be derived. That's why the KJV-only crowd exists. By being unalterable, the Bible becomes unshakable and impossible to subvert as doctrine.

I just finished reading infantry attacks, and to summarize:

>Be Rommel
>Get lucky too many times to count
>Pin the enemy with machine guns, and then flank them
>Make sure to over-extend yourself
>Get lucky some more
>Enemy spontaneously surrenders instead of fighting and wiping our your under-strength over-extended detachment
>Continue to get lucky
>When the enemy actually presents some resistance and/or you fuck up or get unlucky, proceed to get BTFO
>Luckily survive because you're a lucky fucking bastard

Early on in the war he does alright, seems to put substantial effort into it. This is especially the case in his early days on the French front and in Romania.
His fighting ability starts to lose focus in Italy though. He sees tremendous success from some breakthrough and over-extension in the fighting there, and receives the Pour le Merit for it, but he doesn't temper himself or use caution with his breakthroughs. At two points it very nearly costs him his entire detachment.

Near the end of his fighting in Italy he's thrown up against a well-entrenched Italian position situated between two peaks. He and his troops are tired as fuck after climbing mountains all day erry day, so when he gets the order to climb another mountain to flank the Italian position he actually argues with his commander to perform a frontal attack instead. It's not until the next day that he realizes he's made a mistake, and then he proceeds to nearly get killed in an Italian ambush while reconnoitering the Italian positions. It went against everything he'd been learning as a commander up until that point, and I think is when/where he stopped improving himself from a leadership position.

Particularly because he performs his frontal attack instead of a more assured flanking maneuver, and succeeds in spite of it because the entrenched Italian forces panic and run away instead of fighting or counter-attacking.

You don't have to add or take away anything to/from the words if you just explain what explanations have been given to certain passages through time. But with all the books left out of the bible most people are familiar with I would have expected to see a lot more plagues.

This
1984 is also mind-blowing

Clifford The Big Red Euthanized Stray
Where The Wildly Gay Things Are
Dr. Sued - Misadventures In Malpractice
Berenstain Bears - Gas The Jews Race War Now

In the end I can only conclude that Rommel should never have been promoted past the detachment level of leadership he had in WW1, nor should he have ever been paired with anything other than german troops.

He had good control of his troops, maintained good communication at that level of command (though not with others above his level of command), and could exploit breakthroughs and fend off counterattacks primarily because of the high quality of soldiers he had with him.

Generally his tactics are pretty simple and effective, although he takes unnecessary and what I'd consider uncalculated, risks. Rather than a stance of "if it can go wrong, it will go wrong" he seemed to have developed a mentality of, "It'll go right, and if it goes wrong, I'll set it right", so when things really do go bad for him, it goes REALLY bad. Yet every time something bad happens, he lucks out for some reason or another and survives.

If he hadn't been pulled off the front after Italy to serve as an aide he probably would've died during the first world war. Especially when his unit began fighting more competent british/french forces.

>I would have expected to see a lot more plagues.
Now you have me questioning the black death...

Anyway pushing that aside, many annotated Bibles (even ones with good intentions) contain misinformation and provide a poor lens through which to gain the information. If it's God's Word and is carefully studied, it should be possible to understand more clearly without some random scholar's ideas thrown into the mix. I contend that to be the case at any rate.

I've seen plenty of 'study bibles' and never found one that I couldn't quickly find questionable annotations in.

Art of War is extremely generalist. No real details involved. It's not far off saying, "If you want to win you should prevent your enemy from fighting somehow - usually killing him works but there are other options"

It's like, okay yeah - I can see the point... but so could anyone else spending a bit of time thinking about the fundamentals of war. It's the kind of book where you'd read it in your first class and then never look at it ever again.

I guess pol recommended reading would give you a better sense of how politics, war, economies, relationships between nations, etc. work more deeply so that when you see something in the news you can see it for what it is. What you do then is up to you. Maybe you move somewhere safer, prepare, change business, I don't know.

Starship troopers gives very little / no insight into fascism.

It carries trappings of fascism, with Heinlein's own twists on it, but it really doesn't go into any details at all, and the system presented within the story would not actually work for the fundamental reason that it's a "democracy" in which the enfranchised have the means and motive to disbar the disenfranchised from citizenship.

It would suffer from all the pitfalls of modern democracies on top of all the pitfalls of class-based political systems. Which is to say, if you're not a citizen go fuck off and die / earn your right to vote in a war we've forced you into which we've made sure is an absolute nightmare meatgrinder you won't live through

Never tackles the issue of enfranchised voting more power for themselves at the cost of the disenfranchised. It's a really juvenile political system and he really didn't spend much time on it - pretty much abandoning the idea as soon as he started working on another story.

Since it's impossible to know what the writers of the bible meant when they wrote it, every explanation has to be taken with a grain of salt, especially when that explanation comes from a specific denomination which will try to line up the bible with its own doctrine. Add to that the fact your average bible is already pre-filtered because some books (the apocrypha for example) have been left out, it's no surprise there has been a thing like the Black Death.

Bit late in this thread, but;

>General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money. - John Maynard Keynes.
>Qur'an (to criticize it with reason)
>Kants Critiques.
>Two Treatises of Government - John Locke

I wouldn't consider it anything special. I need to re-read it again though, since the first time I read it was before finding Cred Forums.

But the general idea I got from it was that being a politician means being a pragmatic opportunist who doesn't allow morals or ethics control his behavior. e.g. be a psychopath.

I've been told that he intentionally wrote it this way for the psychopaths who wanted exactly this sort of book in order to justify their own actions and pat themselves on the back, (iirc Machiavelli was actually being held captive / threatened with death if he didn't write it) and that it should actually be viewed as satire.

It was relevant for its day because ancient feudal china was ruled by an aristocratic warrior class... they didnt concern themselves with tactics, subterfuge and logistics etc.

Civilization on Trial by Toynbee

>Qur'an (to criticize it with reason)
Know that Muslims don't play fair in debates (only every single one I've ever debated). No matter how you translate the verse, if it doesn't help their argument they WILL tell you that you just translated it incorrectly.

Or they'll just give you death threats or call you 'Islamophobic'. Typical identity politics stuff really.

Dumping
1/12

2/12

what's a good book on the justifications for justice?

3/12

4/12

5/12

6/12

7/12

8/12

>Everbody poops Vol II

9/12

Got a link for this famalam?

10/12

11/12

12/12

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

You would be better off picking up 5 books from that list and giving detailed explanations why anyone should bother.

Spamming lists of books really isn't a good approach.

The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot

Forbidden Archeology by Michael Cremo and the late Richard Thompson

The Biggest Secret by David Icke

The Perception Deception by David Icke

Phantom Self by David Icke

The Source Field Investigations by David Wilcock

The Synchronicity Key by David Wilcock

Fingerprints Of The Gods by Graham Hancock

Fractal Time by Gregg Braden

Magicians Of The Gods by Graham Hancock

Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies by Nick Bostrom

Etidorhpa by John Uri Lloyd

Autobiography Of A Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda

The Eerie Silence by Paul Davies

DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman

The Hidden Messages In Water by Masaru Emoto

Covert Wars And Breakaway Civilizations: The Secret Space Program, Celestial Psyops And Hidden Conflicts by Joseph Farrell

Animal Farm is a hamfisted allegory written as a jab at the Russians and should not be considered as important literature.

dreams from my father was pretty well-written

Frederick the great Anti machiavel

could be a good way to redpill your children though

>hamfisted
Was that pun? Regardless, I have to disagree - it's certainly simple but it's a very good introduction to allegory at a high school level.

>contribute
David Irving Hitler's War

Honestly, Wealth Of Nations seems kind of out of date now.

Is there something more modern that's similar, that takes into account globalization and industrialization?

orwell was a socialist, frogman

by sun tzu?
why am I not finding this book?

Antonio Gramsci - The Prison Notebooks.

Because the prison notebooks are long as fuck, you can just look for a basic bitch understanding of his work and read snippets and basic concepts through Google.

Free to Choose by milton friedman maybe.

so what

He means Marcus Aurelius

I've previously recommend this on Cred Forums.

I think it should be essential reading for Cred Forumsacks in Current Year honestly.

>ms kind of out of date now.
>Is there something more modern that's similar, that takes into account globalization and industrialization?
Weath of Nations does take care of Globalization, remember the 'Home Bias'?
You have to realize he was a moral philosopher too, read the Theory of Moral Sentiments

So no different than from the Jewish technique of Pilpul to win or end debates?

Interesting.

> Groupthink & Public Manipulation
> that flag

Oh la la

> How to Win Friends and Influence People

Dale Canergie

>Julius Evola
Absolutely fucking this.

Has anyone here read 'The Servile Mind" by Kenneth Minogue?

Animal Farm perfectly describes how 'equality' is used as a 'false god' of sorts (don't you believe in equality? we're fighting for equality! etc.) in order to hoodwink people for long enough for a despotic regime to wrest all political control from them, and we live in a world where most western countries are being subverted by THAT EXACT STRATEGY.

It's more relevant now than it ever was since it was published.

Thanks, this strangers seems pretty enamored by it, so I'll give it a looksy.

Are there any good books on (um not sure exactly how to say this)
Citizen soldiers, like mindset, motivation, prepping and tactics, being a freedom loving patriot that's expecting collapse in his lifetime due to mutiple fronts muslims pouring into the U.S. globalist politicians and such

Would really appreciate books in this vein other than a basic survival book that takes into account modern political climate

I guess I'm looking for something more on the philosophical side of things to use as motivation in my own preparations

>communism
>bad

Aye but the prince is interesting as machiavelli's other works favour republicanism. The prince is probably the best for any Cred Forums user as it not only shows what a prince "should do" (unless his works are satirical) but also the benefits of moral relativism and realpolitik when attempting to achieve a positive outcome for your peoples.
Kissingers world order perhaps. It is particularly relevant in the 21St century as the principles of the treaty of westphilia have been discarded due to the now interconnected nature of a globalised world. A large nation can no longer be isolationist as it is in some way shape or form invested in the rest of the world, look at the USA in the cold war or Iraq or Syria. You never know user one day you could be helping draft a new world order.

Holodomor.
The Great Leap Forward.
Venezuela.
Yes it is bad.

Propaganda - Edward Bernays - essential to understand social programming
Meditations - Marcus Aurelius - “Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”

>Sweden
>reading the Quran

Anyone willing to drop some their ebook files to download?

>On Liberty, John Stuart Mill
>Second treatise of government, John Locke

>The Age of Reason
>Guerrilla Mindset
>Rules For Radicles (to understand the enemy as you say)
>The Anarchist Cookbook
>End of Faith (because fuck religion)
>The God Delusion (because fuck religion harder)
>The writings of Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, etc.
>Crime and Punishment
>Huckleberry Finn
>Catch 22
>All is Quiet on the Western Front
>An Austrian Economics textbook

you can find a fuckhuge library of Cred Forums and shit /x/ books on /pdfs/

two words: library genesis

Also, anything by Milton Friedman or Thomas Sowell.

Jesus on the Jews:

"Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept my message. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I speak the truth, you do not believe me!"

>literally no one has mentioned the road to serfdom

There are tons of collections out there made by polacks, you just have to hunt. I suggest getting a KOBO ereader if you don't have one, they are the best ones I think. Google, 'balder-ex libris', there's some good stuff there, can't post link.

I would not trust anything written on economics by Jewish authors.

If you're getting your understanding of economics and "free markets" from the likes of friedman or rand, you're making a huge fucking mistake. I'd honestly throw out Sowell's stuff at the same time, primarily for being tutored under friedman, and secondarily for being black. I just don't buy this 'black intellectual' schtick; particularly when his patronage comes at the hands of Jews.

These individuals are the backbone of Anarcho-capitalism - an ideology designed by jews and used to overtake and subvert white libertarianism / classical liberalism expounded upon by the likes of Paine and Locke by conflating economic anarchy with human / civil / social rights and responsibilities.

I give this ancap bullshit a 10/10 in subversive ideology. Just as bad as marxism but not yet understood as such by most ancap retards.

lib.gen or whatever

I use it to get all of my books, and they're giving a massive middle finger to american copyright bullshit

Not all the books I want are available, or available in the formats I want, but most are.

youtube.com/watch?v=AOXl0Ll_t9s

>Submission by Michel Houellebecq
It's almost like looking into the near future of France

>The Way Of Man by Jack Donovan
"The Way of Men explains what men want, and why they are rapidly disengaging from our child-proofed modern world." - Not perfect but food for thought

>Classical literature from your nation

>Starship Troopers

>Brave New World

>Catch 22

Phillip K Dick novels - there's some pretty shitty endings, but a few explore the themes of society after we've reached a certain technological point or the impact of degeneracy from the view of a degenerate.

Underrated most.
J'ai soufflé du nez mon ami.

>Mein kampf
>Bible (old and new testaments)(read it, not necessarily follow it)
>Bhagvad gita (become the Ubermensch)
>Art of war
>Chanakya neeti (legit teaches you to deal with leftards, along with strategy and shit, was written centuries ago)
>Down with the big brother (Soviet empire and it's history and stuff, yet to finish it)
>The history of decline and fall of the Roman empire(all volumes)
>Poor man's James bond (all volumes)

>>Wealth of nations
why not literally just read any intro to economics book. unless you're really into reading a really long winded explanation without diagrams or formulas of basic economics.

The advantage of the wealth of nations is merely the nuances that Smith adds to his observations, but those are far more appreciable once one is already well familiarised with Economics.

Why isn't there a skeptics annotated Koran?

Because that would be racist and misogynistic.

Can you guys stop posting literal bullet lists of books and start posting actual reviews of the books after having read them yourselves?

Actual reviews, not summaries.

I doubt half of you in this thread have even read a tenth of the books you've all been posting as "must reads"

Please just stick to shit you've actually read and can give actual input on, thanks.

Anatomy of the State
For a New Liberty
Progress and Poverty
The Road to Serfdom
Atlas Shru... fucking no.

Only fight battles you can win.
Defeat your enemy before he can engage you.

Theyre very general but when the principles are applied they are very powerful.

Just read his wikipedia page and saw nothing but bullshit.

Give me a good reason why I should care about him?

Uncle Adolf's Mein Kampf
Oswald Spengler's Decline of the West
Albert Speer's Inside the Third Reich
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich
Churchill's A History of English Speaking Peoples
Ford's The International Jew
The Protocols of the Elders of Zion
Patton's memoir War As I Knew It
Smedly Butler's War is a Racket
Marx's Das Kapital
The Gulag Archipelago
Execution By Hunger
The Bell Curve
The Koran

Pretty much every successful commander takes advantage of this. I've yet to read Vom Krieg, but it likely says the same thing.

Sun Tzu's very useful analogy is to flow like water - if you hit a rock, you just go around it. Never hit where an enemy is strong, always attack where he is weak.

In modern combat (IIRC pioneered in particular by some Russian strategists prior to them all being purged by Stalin) there's a sort of 'defense in depth' system (I cannot recall the actual name) where you layer your defense to make counter-attacks against breakthroughs possible, and simultaneously attack across a wide front all at once with reserves ready, in order to expose weak areas and then immediately commit to any weakness and exploit it with a breakthrough.

The 'flow like water' thing coincidentally also applies to movement in combat fields. It's a common tactic for armored vehicles to stick to the low areas of terrain while maneuvering in order to provide as much cover as possible. Hilltops silhouette you - attracting attention and providing little cover if you come under fire. Additionally hills restrict line of sight, allowing inferior forces to engage superior forces on equal terms - and you can move into defilade positions using the higher terrain as cover.

That also goes into a core component of warfare that I haven't seen expressly referred to yet (though certainly inferred) - which is maintaining local numerical superiority. Which is a pretty simple concept and the key component to how a smaller but "more skillful" unit is able to succeed against much larger forces. By and large I notice that military conflicts often come down to a matter of numerical superiority trumping equipment / skill / whatever else, unless the smaller force always maintains local superiority.

e.g. if it's 10 vs 100, but every engagement is 10 vs 1, then the 10 can win against the 100 very easily.

And I should add that "force multipliers" are essentially just the rough addition of manpower to a unit. (And I believe, a big reason why modern militaries are so much smaller today than they were in the near past)

To use an example, a force multiplier in WW1 was the machinegun - which was carried around by dedicated machine gun companies and required time to be set up. Such force multipliers effectively though not actually, increased the number of troops involved in a fight; If you have 1000 men, and then set up machineguns, then it's as though you had 2000 men without machineguns.

Though not perfectly analogous, that's the general idea.

And this factors into my above comments about local numerical superiority - It's not just numbers but effective numbers once you've taken your force multipliers into account.

So the winning move in battle is to fight for and gain local numerical superiority.

this one is the most comprehensive red pill you will ever get on politics

Capital by Marx (get rid of the gommie manifesto)
The Quran (so you can quote it)
The Old Testament (so you know the jew's ways and are suitably prepared to read the New Testament)
At Home by Bill Bryson (a nice, thick, inspiring miscellany filled with the western achievements of better days)
De Architectura by Virtuvius
Histories by Herodotus

Even Jews don't read the Talmud lol

You seem like a total idiot