-It is relatively abundant across the globe
-Extremely difficult to be used in the production of nuclear warheads
-And it can be turned into energy today with proven technology

As of 2009 we used:

5, 000, 000, 000 tonnes of coal
31, 000, 000, 000 barrels of oil
5, 000, 000, 000, 000 cubic meters of natural gas
65, 000 tonnes of uranium to produce the worlds energy
One single unimpressive rare earth mine can dig up 5000 tonnes of thorium while looking for other ores, enough to power the world for a year.

youtube.com/watch?v=0BybPPIMuQQ

We could be Christian space Nazi's by now had we chosen thorium over uranium back in the day.

muh bombs

Can't make a bomb from thorium. you lose

Nuclear is exploding onto the market

Nuclear is exploding onto the market

Btw, I think this thread belongs to Cred Forums or /sci/
except the nazi bit

I meant that in a "that is why we're using uranium" kinda way, but sure.

Anyway yeah irrational fear about nuclear from people who can't even think for themselves is kinda annoying.

sure thing friendo

What about when we don't have any thorium left?

I'm pro-nuclear too m8.
I'm going to prin leaflets to leave at my jewniversity

Anyone smart about fukishima will tell you it was an engineering fuckup because the backup generators were in the basement which was the first thing to get flooded.

I thought that it was sarcastic comment from the point of the people that don't know anything about nuclear tech. You're right.

By then, we'd have mastered nuclear fusion.

>plants using 60s reactor designs that should've been decommissioned long ago, operating in one of the most earthquake/tsunami-prone locations on the planet
luckily modern nuclear designs are a lot more resistence to accidents via incompetence.

thorium would last a long fucking time, maybe even long enough for fusion(tm), or at the very least heavily advanced solar

>he thinks Fukashima NPP and Molten salt THORIUM reactors are the same thing

Retarded design of safety systems. Nuclear is like fire in the hands of cavemen that didn't got burned enough yet.

Let's be honest, Fukushima was the worst case scenario for a meltdown. And it was fucking nothing.

All for giving Thorium a shot but in the mean time I'd stick up more uranium power plants.

China and India have made big investments in thorium power. In decades past the US had a couple pretty big thorium reactors used for research, and we have our out stockpile of thorium fuel just sitting unused still.
The US is getting left behind, and I fear after WWIII we'll no longer be a world power.
We're being sabotaged from the inside out.

Banqiao Dam

*cough*

weird how the further east you go the more redpilled the populace is

radiation confirmed for mutating brains to resist kike subversion tactics. explains why they keep pushing the renewable energy and nuclear is bad meme

Thorium is a Reddit tier meme

>-It turns nuclear waste back into nuclear fuel
If true, then we are rich...

Why?

> christian = cuck

just a reminder op...

meh. Fair enough. So we've got two examples of worst case scenario. And nether were that bad. I'll risk it. Though I'm not keen on China designing and building our reactors.

The guy that was running it in china was on house arrest for a while the com party was doing a purge. Havent heard much since, im sure they are still doing it.

natural gas is still cheap. when that changes, renewables will be at full steam. since the tax write-offs, they peak every few years. wind/solar/geo are going to dominate the investment the moment natural gas hits a threshold

Thorium is not viable yet and does de-centralise the powergrid.

Can't wait. Saudi Arabia will be so fucked and it will be glorious

Getting so hype. Renewables are the key to finally kicking shitskins in the teeth.

Unfortunately conservacucks can't see past their nose and do not realize that while libtards may have the wrong reasons the key concern is sound.

what about my recreational nukes

Does a Chinese 'communist' not own half of western Australia? Fucking chinks must be stopped.

What's the downside of thorium ? I mean there has to be a reason why it's not used if it's so wiz bang.

FFS, how many fucking times is this Thorium shill going to shitpost here?

reactor longevity. As you know, salt promotes corrosion, molten salt MUCH more so. Everywhere it leaks basically decays away.

1. It needs R&D from the ground up, vs. refining/building on existing conventional nuclear designs.
2. The big players in the nuclear industry are heavily invested in conventional nuclear and to switch would basically be self-sabotage, as success with thorium would devalue regular nuclear.
3. You can't make weapons out of it, which was very relevant in the past (and the main reason it doesn't exist today)

i think they are alreay prepared for that

Keep buying my coal and oil, goyim. Nuclear reactors are dangerous!

The water intakes were also wrecked
The version of events propagated here claims Fukushima was well short of worst case

>Probably thinks you could run a car on Thorium
Go ask /Sci/ they'd burn this idea to the ground too :^)
I'm sorry.

>The version of events propagated here claims Fukushima was well short of worst case

Really? Three of the cores went meltdown, there were hydrogen explosions and plenty radiation for all. The good news is the design did what it was meant to in worst case scenario. This is good news.

Yea but in the narrative here none of the spent fuel burnt, there was no criticality in unit 3 fuel pool and the cores are still in the buildings
These are the things that make it worst case

Hey, at least they caused FLEX to exist now I guess. But yeah, major design flaw.

>duh salt makes things rust
>I don't understand material science or chemistry
>that reactor than ran for 4 years sure was corroded when they shut it down

It wasn't......

Because a nuclear energy source that can't be used for weapons won't solve any problems
>iran

All these problems are impossible in molten salts reactors, no water to cause hydrogen explosions and even with no power or people to supervise it the reactor would shut down safety with no need for active cooling

>I want clean alternatives to coal and oil, its hurting the environment! Muh kids! Muh polar bear!

Presents clean efficient Thorium reactor, producing huge amounts of power with little to no risk

>I SAID CLEAN ALTERNATIVES!!!!!!1! I'm not having a NUKE in my town asshold!! Muh kids! Muh polar bear!