Daily F-35 thread

>Test pilots have reported their F-35s are creating false multiple tracks when all of their sensors are turned on. For example, when a radar and an infrared sensor detects the same enemy plane, the two sensors display it on the helmet-mounted sight as two enemy planes. The same thing happens when two or more sensors detect the same ground target.

>Test pilots have worked around this problem by turning off all but one of their sensors to eliminate the multiple tracks. DOT&E says this is “unacceptable for combat and violates the basic principle of fusing contributions from multiple sensors into an accurate track and clear display to gain situational awareness and to identify and engage enemy tracks.”

>It is bad enough that each individual F-35 computer struggles to create a clear picture of what is going on in the battlespace for the pilot. But the false target problem is compounded when multiple F-35s try to share data through what is called the Multi-Aircraft Data Link.

>In order to keep the F-35A stealthy, the internal cannon sits behind a small door that opens when the cannon is fired. The Air Force proudly released a video of the first time an F-35A test fired its cannon in flight. Now we know that the simple action of opening the small door causes the plane to turn slightly because of the door’s drag, possibly enough to cause the cannon to miss.

>The DOT&E memo reports that these door-induced aiming errors “exceed accuracy specifications” which will make it quite difficult for pilots to hit targets. And since the Air Force’s F-35 only holds 181 rounds—as opposed to 511 for the F-16 and 1,100 for the A-10—every bullet will count.

Who's going to update the bingo for Q3 2016?

[MULTIPLE TARGETS WITH MULTIPLE SENSORS EQUAL GREAT SAVINGS]

[HIGH SPEED LINK SHARES FALSE DATA AT SUPERCOMPUTER SPEEDS]

[STEALTHY CANNON DOOR DOUBLES AS AIRBRAKE]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kTZd5B8nYtU#t=1m45s
youtube.com/watch?v=kTZd5B8nYtU#t=1m56s
youtube.com/watch?v=FVQvH4qc5cg
youtube.com/watch?v=-ubPW8jOopI
youtube.com/watch?v=An0KoWhhU5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PkrtxDdaWuM
youtube.com/watch?v=U0goQrvf-tU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're prepping us to lose WW3

China is going to fuck the shit out of us if Trump loses

>[STEALTHY CANNON DOOR DOUBLES AS AIRBRAKE]

Meanwhile at Cessna:
The Textron AirLand Scorpion is an jet aircraft for sale to perform light attack and Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) duties.
It is being developed by Textron AirLand, a joint venture between Textron and AirLand Enterprises.
A prototype was secretly constructed by Cessna at their Wichita, Kansas facility between April 2012 and September 2013 and first flown on 12 December 2013.

ONE YEAR
They developed, built and flew this thing in just one year.
And it only costs 20mil $US a piece.

youtube.com/watch?v=kTZd5B8nYtU#t=1m45s

at 1:45 look at that fat fuck compared to the ultra-sleek F-16

youtube.com/watch?v=kTZd5B8nYtU#t=1m56s

at 1:56, look at difference in peeling off, holy hell my grandmother moves faster than the F-35 (and she's been buried for 15 years)

Cool I'd buy one for my girlfriend

Why do engineers always get the little things wrong and the big things right?

>hurr durr I made a perfectly functioning VTOL engine and stealth armor but I can't even make the plane shoot correctly or target enemies correctly

I'm starting to doubt the intelligence of American engineers

So embarrassing.

Is the harrier better than this piece of shit?

Try outsourcing more and paying them for orthogonal goals.

Never, ever, ever, just say, "look we want XYZ. cool, right? Make XYZ and you can go party on a yacht next year all expenses paid."

With Jews, You Lose

a mig would shred it

I bet it's because they let pooinloos to program their combat software.

As someone who has worked on the program with the test pilots, none of these things are true...

It would only shred it if they were both armed with the same missiles desu

The only reason the f35 gets kills is because we have autonomous missiles that are extremely well made

The two planes fighting would be comparable to a little kid with an LMG fighting a cop with a taser

Then why does everybody keep making fun of it user? Are you socially awkward?

lol no the Harrier is in a league of it's own and would've been scrapped long ago if it weren't for the fact the US Marine command is retarded and the movie True Lies

the Harrier has killed more pilots in accidents than it has enemy combatants, guaranteed

>181 bullets
what the fuck were they thinking

I have fired more than that out of a handgun in an hour at the range

I wonder if this the final form in the evolution of manned fighter aircraft.

These 5th gen jets have become so expensive, so costly to maintain, that even a single loss poses a severe blow
to the defensive capabilties of even the largest of the amred forces.

This is a situation not unlike the one the once so mighty battleships faced at the end of their existence.

That they wouldn't miss. honestly, if you never miss you don't really need more than 100

You'll think twice when you're wasting taxpayer money!

>subsonic
>more expensive than an F-16

Stay fucked.

>MAD link
lel

This, America is getting too cocky and spending WAYYY too much on everything

Give any other country the amount of money an f35 costs and they will get you at least 100 perfectly functioning planes that don't have aspergers

>F-35 only holds 181 rounds
The pilots might as well go sightseeing instead

F18 or f16?

I love seeing Cred Forums act like they know anything about weapons.

t. /k/

>t. elite f35 fighter pilot
>over 9000 confirmed kills

I love /k/ acting like they know anything about planes

T. Cred Forums

A P-47, one of the most capable fighter aircrafts of it's era, cost US$ 83,000 in 1945.
At a 1100% inflation rate since then, that would be US$ 913.000 in todays money.

>181 rounds

it's bolt action to save weight

until this piece of shit actually murks a single haji it's a moneysink, a pyramid scheme, a CGI movie star, a national embarrassment, the downfall of NATO and the inevitable end product of crony capitalism but it is NOT a weapon

because you can't discuss what makes the plane actually work.... its all classified

Stealth eurofighter WHEN?

Man I wish when I fucked up bigly it were classified.

But Lockheed makes up for it by charging 181 times the usual price for each round.

i mean even the laughingstock F-22 finally got it's dick wet in Syria, becoming the most cost-ineffective way of killing goat herders in the history of civilization

the F-35 will never ever fly near contested airspace, let alone drop ordnance in anger

regards,

Go to bed, Hillary.
You're drunk.

>tfw F-35 crew chief

I want to die

Why the fuck are we spending so much now

Literally use half the money it takes to make one of our planes to open a D&R center who's objective is to figure out how to make the most efficient plane at the lowest cost

The amount of autism the engineers have nowadays is extreme. But desu, the cost of the plane is probably far less but they charge that much so that the Jews can keep funneling money to Israeli firms via the purchases

The technology involved is ignored by inflation.
Say you have the wheel and $5 100 years ago.
Now you have $30 and a car.
See what I'm saying?
A car is more than 6 times the worth of a wheel.
>ICB
>drive train
>power windows
>computer
>other electronics
>HEATED LEATHER SEETS AND MOONROOF AWWW YEAH

That's pretty much standard nowadays.

Typhoon holds 110 rounds, Su-27 holds 150, these modern cannons can shread aircraft within 5 hits, and with modern targeting systems giving accurate lead indications you only need a small burst.

Only exceptions are the US 20mm M61 used on F-15/16/22 etc, those carrier large amounts of ammo (500-1000 rounds) because the M61 has really high dispersion.

Who gives a fuck about stealth when you can target your enemy from 100 miles away by spending the money on better missiles for a fraction of the stealth capabilities cost

>The DOT&E memo reports that these door-induced aiming errors “exceed accuracy specifications” which will make it quite difficult for pilots to hit targets. And since the Air Force’s F-35 only holds 181 rounds—as opposed to 511 for the F-16 and 1,100 for the A-10—every bullet will count.

Every compromise made to put that fucking thing in there counted. The gun and the bullets are all just a complete waste.

AND WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT IN THE RAIN IT THRUST VECTORS

Of course our engineers go full autism. They're told to make the best plane ever and then get mountains of cash tossed their way to make them work.

Engineers from any country, if left to their own devices, will massively over design any project they're given. On the other hand, if given clear goals and strict limitations they can come up with truly amazing ways of making the project work.

The problem is that strict goals and limitations doesn't net your company billions upon billions of dollars from the DoD, the newest, flashiest over designed crap does.

but user stealth planes LOOK COOL and have a scare factor

China is busy making fucking clones of this shit, they have no clue.

It is quite simple, really.
The F-35 was built to fight one war and one war only: the budget war.

the idea is to cut down the range in which enemies can get a weapons lock on you while maximizing the range in which you can get a weapons lock on them

China still can't make a decent copy of the Saturn AL-31 engine for over 20 years now, and have to keep buying from the Russians to maintain their shitty Flanker copies.

here we go

Good point

All right Lockheed, give me the most expensive, fanciest stealth plane that will operate unnecessarily close to enemy lines.

You missed my point entirely.
I used the price as an example to further reinforce

Feel free to add

I say they should build more f16s and arm them each with a tomahawk cruise missile style projectile armed with a passive radar missile system. EZ

>This is coming from a fucking technical school student so tell me what's wrong with this plan

i miss those. I would shit my pants if i saw one coming at me, even if it fired water bombs.

> a tomahawk cruise missile style projectile

They are called Standoff missiles user

yes yes keep relying on the f16 while everyone else steals your top secret research and makes better planes

f35 is the new f16 you fuckwit. the f16 had the exact same problems

The F-35 project is just a kike plan to exhaust the military budget of European "allies" for useless shit to use in types of wars we shouldn't be fighting any way.

Oh, you need a large navy and money to build fences? Well enjoy these occasionally flying toys instead ... you'll get to use them fighting kike wars in the ME which will drive more refugees towards you which you can't stop, have fun.

Nobody needs to steal anything as long as the Clintons are selling.

>when a radar and an infrared sensor detects the same enemy plane, the two sensors display it on the helmet-mounted sight as two enemy planes.
Shitty poo in loo programmers i swear to fucking god...

I am no expert on this subject by any means, but having one of those missiles patrol an air space uav style would probably be much cheaper and more efficient than arming 1 trillion dollars with wings with short range missiles

kek

That they will never have to use the cannon, ever.

this

200 bullets

Did each f16 cost the value of Greece?

Too bad the YUGOSLAVIANS manged to shoot one down with an antique SA-3.

Super-stealth aircraft downed by the people who manufactured the Yugo ... yeah I'm sure this program will be worth the trillion dollars it'll cost.

hey

What if we gifted an f35 to greece and they used it to pay off germany. would that fuck up the eu or what?

/k/ is fucking legitimately retarded and full of dumbfuck teenagers.

Everything /k/ says can be outright discarded. The amount of dumb bullshit I've seen you retards spout - ESPECIALLY when it comes to anything regarding physics or science - is almost unbelievable.

I don't know where the fuck /k/'s posters come from, but the collective board IQ has got to be under 80.

Oy vey goyim, don't you want to have the best planes technologically possible? Billions of shekels are required to maintain your freedom and homeland safe, you wouldn't understand with the intellect of a goy. But not to worry, that's why you have me Schlomo Shekelsteinfraud.

doesn't mean shit, for what it is it's an extremely low cost 5th gen stealth multirole

what about this baby?

Source?

>the door’s drag, possibly enough to cause the cannon to miss
OVER 6 SHILLTILLBILLION DOLLARS AND THEY DIDN'T ANTICIPATE THAT HOLY FUCK

I'd rather have a domestic arms industry producing defensive weapons without a million black box kill switches at the hand of jews.

Also nukes.

We need to be able to fill the European sky with European drones, European SAA missiles and have an European developed missile shield. The US and Israel are not close allies.

>as opposed to 511 for the F-16 and 1,100 for the A-10
>even mentioning a fucking ground attack plane in the context of air superiority
Yeah, A-10 can equip AA missiles, but come the FUCK on

>f35 is the new f16 you fuckwit. the f16 had the exact same problems

>F16 only had 181 bullets
>F16 aiming was retarded cause gun door drag
>F16 had redundant tracking systems overlapping each other and repeating results in the consolidated picture

THE EFF THIRTY FIVE
I CALL IT THE EFF THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY FIVE TRILLION DOLLARS, FOLKS
NOBODY EVEN EVEN KNOWS WHAT A TRILLION IS
OPEN THE GUN DOOR
LOSE THE WAR
THE EFF THIRTY FIVE

Oh, the new one. Only $50,000 in gas to drop a $2,000,000 bomb on three goatfuckers in a Nissan pickup.

All right anons I'll list some of the things we should have but don't because autsists keep spending money on f35s

>accurate tomahawks
>100+ range air to air missiles
>face protection for troops that doesn't asphyxiate them
>a fucking wall
>better lazors
>full protection from nuclear missiles via anti ballistic missiles
>6000000 functional Auschwitz replicas
>a lunar space station

Anyone else care to add?

T. shlomo shekelberg

/slavshit insecurity general/

Literally this

Arm them with cruise missiles and laser missiles and maybe I won't slit my wrists every time I see one

>point out critical flaws / problems in the f35
>y-you're all j-just russian shills!

you couldn't be more insecure if you tried bud

To be fair developing a subsonic armed trainer is a bit easier than a stealth supersonic multirole that has VTOL.

Jeez this is probably the saddest thing ever. We learn about all the amazing aerodynamics in the ww2 america, then this shit now. USA is not gonna stay a superpower for long...

Silly goy don't you know they will design hats for the pilot to wear the assault clips!

None of that shit helps jews or Israel.

The Harrier is a pretty dangerous bird

This is now a BRRRT thread!
youtube.com/watch?v=FVQvH4qc5cg
youtube.com/watch?v=-ubPW8jOopI
youtube.com/watch?v=An0KoWhhU5Y

Just like Bethesda games

American army and weapons are historically and globally speaking average at best and overpriced and only reason you ever won anything was because you zerg rushed the enemy.
If you ever faced a serious opponent you would be humiliated. Like Soviets in early 80's.

This is what happens when you award contracts on the basis of nepotism / corruption rather than actual merit.

So long as corporations like lockmart continue to receive trillions with absolutely no competition, this problem will persist.

The US military budget could be reduced to 1/10th what it is right now without losing any actual efficacy, just by replacing/removing the parasites within the system.

I honestly believe these corporations are the greatest security threat to american military dominance - not russia, china or space aliens. It's the incompetents the US military put in charge of weapons development that are fucking the entire nation over.

>removing the parasites
One does not simply remove parasites goy.

youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

Might as well just drop 1/1000th that much money in $1 bills on them with a $15 supersized rubber band to hold it all together

>The captcha

>Go to a 25mm because the 20mm Vulcan is utter shit for gun CAS and bigger than it needs to be
>Lose 400 rounds and adjustable ROF
Should have went with a 27mm or 30mm single barrel

Yeah but student loans to foreigners are key to keeping the federal reserve afloat. Without the federal reserve, we all die.

That bad?

Yes, of course it is.
But you get the point.
basically what he says

>Yfw the f22 crews are jizzing their pants

This, it's the M-2 Bradley of aircraft.

Redpill me on the Bradley

All I know is it's shit in command and conquer

>Then why does everybody keep making fun of it user?
because its the baddest mf in the air right now.
tldr: they build them standing on the tail with the nose pointing at the ceiling. 4 at a time on a carousel.

The RAF and Russians also still use gun pods, and the Ruskies have Su-24 and Su-25 for gun runs.
The USAF is trying to bin the A-10, the F-35 is supposed to replace it. And we have no gun pods
Our last 30mm 4 barrel pod - the GAU-13 - was designed to give F-16's good gun CAS and it failed horribly

except you can buy 100 Bradley's for the price of one F-35.

Seriously.

Gib gripen!

We don't need no fat shit 35.

My country is a whore, take note also one of the biggest contributor to that DNC whore foundation

>they build them standing on the tail with the nose pointing at the ceiling. 4 at a time on a carousel.
That sounds important

It's got a better image imo.

What the fuck is the cannon for?
Is it supposed to fill ground attack roles as well?

The various demands of each branch of the service are what fucked the project up. In particular, the Marines "required" that the plane could take off vertically, which causes all sorts of problems in meeting the requirements of the various roles.

Very expensive boondoggle, watch 'the pentagon wars'

It's an IFV that can't carry troops, that sticks out like a tank, full of ammunition, with insufficient armour. The up-armoured ones are slow as shit and inferior to the M-113's that they replaced.

>he actually thinks pentagon wars has any basis in reality

Shooting down enemy plans

man, you really don't know much about aircraft

I would rather invade the middle East with a javelin and an osprey if I wanted to do VTOL and winged flight

>the F4 Phantom didn't even have cannons until pilots convinced the brass
>Sparrow missiles were abysmal in humid jungle conditions, causing loads of fatalities from a lack of combat capability
>no cannon was mounted because lolmissiles are the future
>mistake got fixed, air force brass reputation ruined forever

Military intelligence.

>Gavin's never die!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PkrtxDdaWuM

It can't carry troops? Wtf is this shit?

At least fighting a civil war against the government if Hillary wins will be easy as fuck

USA is truly the master of pissing away tax money.

When they close range to under 100km again.

>Shooting down enemy plans
As for now, the only plans it is shooting down are americas plans of flying it.

>being this delusional
The Bradley did really fucking well in Iraq.

it was specifically made to replace the a10
>What did the a10 do with it's gun

The question is valid leaf, this plane doesn't do shit to replace the the close air ground support capabilities of the a10

It will PFFT empty fields occasionally in training.

You don't want to scratch that paint job.

I'm just gonna let this here

youtube.com/watch?v=U0goQrvf-tU

The problem is the over-emphasis on stealth.
An extreme over emphasis.

Russia is pumping out Su-35's at around $50 million a pop and $38mil for the Su-30 - and these are export prices but even they and china are falling for the stealth meme.
It remains to be seen how valuable going all stealth is.

It may just be that Gen 5 is a bust.

But don't fear, because UCAV's are getting prohibitively expensive also. The Navy's X-47B's unit cost is expected to be damn near the F-35 if not more.
Stealth UCAV's and high payload UCAV's are proving extremely expensive

I think we are tied with Canada

The A10's gun can't do shit to tanks.

You'd know this if you knew anything about the plane.

Quoting shit from the bitching department of thegovernment . Nice job poltards

>all these extremely blue pulled retards ITT

I bet you believe you can buy 2 Su-35's for the price of one F-35 aswell....

PFT at most from the sound of it

Why the fuck havent we figured out how to make supersonic jet engines cheap (or even just jet engines), it seems like every prop plane, including armed trainers and COIN birds are a buck in change compared to even basic jet trainers

Just fill the sky with stealth drones instead. BAE already has one under development.

Not an argument.

Interesting fact about the F-35....SOP when experiencing ANY engine trouble on takeoff or landing is to EJECT. No attempting to correct it, no trying to gain control....just EJECT. (This is the reason every Navy aircraft has 2 engines, EXCEPT the F-35 of course). What a POS. Enjoy that.

the A10's gun was specifically designed for anti-tank.

The Pentagon cannot account for 25% of the budget in the fiscal review......where has it gone????? F 35

Just remember WW2 gave us radar, the jet age, rocketry, nuclear age and less juden

I took a small course at CAP and we saw videos of it demolishing tanks

Maybe wrong but the GAU will fuck shit up with that fire rate at that caliber

desu we probably gave toothpaste-tier countries shitty bug-infested planes.

Believing any weapon system bought from the top good goys in the world is a security asset instead of a liability. So many people on Cred Forums conveniently leave their convictions behind when talking about this shit because they wank to the military and our domestic military commanders brown nose the US/NATO.

Yes, we need a well armed military. No we can't trust the kikes. The F-35 is as much a weapon of white genocide as anything out of Hollywood.

It is what what german-Anons call "eierlegende Wollwilchsau" - an egg-laying wool-milk-sow.

Too many features and gimmicks, some of them mutually exclusive, crammed into one mess of an aicraft.

>UK is purchasing 138 of these
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Now I know how it feels to be Saudi Arabia.

Go home schlomo

Well the pentagon also got nailed by like a 737 or whatever the story is, and then it didn't have to account for $2-$3T because the file cabinets got blew up or whatever. So obviously they know what they're doing.

There's a shitton of effort involved in jet engine development. They're a critical test of a nations' industrial and scientific capabilities and understanding. If you can make you're own jet engines, you are a capable industrialized nation.

You could argue that these fighters are not so much a plane with a jet engine attached as they are a jet engine with a plane attached.

>pissing away

All a matter of perspective. Anytime it looks like the USA is wasting money I promise you someone well connected with the government is actually making tons of money. The military-industrial complex is very real and this country is becoming more of an plutocracy everyday tbqh.

And again, if you actually knew fuck all about what you're talking about you'd realize it can't do shit to tanks. It could barely do shit to them back when it was first designed, let alone against today's modern tanks.

No, you saw it demolishing IFV's and similar, and are too fucking retarded to know the difference.

Isn't the F16 more maneuverable? At least according to the guy who designed it that showed up on RT

No, I remember it was a tank. A while back so I do not remember which tank

I know how to tell the difference

>Americans stopped putting canons on their aircraft and wanted to rely purely on BVR
>No IFF whatsoever, and needed to visual indentify targets before firing

The "allies" buying this shit, they are the ones really getting shafted.

F-35 was made to be as maneuverable as an F-18 but it's not it's strength

Part of the reason the price of the F-35 isn't as cheap as they originally said it would be is that once the allies who were going to buy it realized what a POS it is they cancelled their orders.

>tfw we don't have even have the money to buy this thing
w-we win r-right?

We don't call you "Airstrip One" for nothing...

The GAU can destroy any russian MBT up to a T-72, plus any other non armored vehicle in service. The only targets it likely can't engage is the T-80 and T-90

In all out war, numbers is going to matter so much more than gimmicks like stealth. Stealth is irrelevant when you are outnumbered 10 to 1. If you really want to hit a target hard, quickly, quietly and within cost, might as well use something like the G6-52ER. Some people might consider artillery to be outdated, but it sure as hell stays effective.

You are a goddamn retard. The GAU could barely pen a T60. There is not a single tank built in the last 50 years that will be killed by that gun. Our A10s right now don't operate in a CAS mission profile, but rather a medium level bomb truck. Which it does worse than every single other plane in the US inventory.

so it's a flying brick?

Look bud, the cannon on the A-10 has at-best 60mm RHAe, it's not doing shit against tanks. Even against the fucking T-62's and T-64's it would have to make a low-angle pass at the side or rear.

Against modern tanks the best you can do is blow off sensors, communication equipment, infantry gear, and whatever else is sitting on the tank at the time.

Don't try and lecture people on shit you haven't even done basic research on.

Wow, a gun that can destroy non armored vehicles. Impressive.

>the creator of the f15 said the jas39 griffin was better than this pile of junk

JUST

This

I will take 10 f18s over an f35 any day

Agreed, but with the caveat that any country that we would go to war with who can counter our stealth with overwhelming numbers has nukes, so it would end up being a nuke-fest.

We don't call you fat niggers for nothing.

The F-16 airframe was designed almost purely for sustained high-G turns (9+) and it is extremly manueverable. Also, due to its light design, its thrust to weight ratio is much higher than the F-35 (1.095 vs 0.87)

The F-35 was designed for stealth and BVR. The US is going back to the pre-vietnam philosophy of "BVR is king", although its more relevent now that the technology is much more developed.

Why did they make that cannon then? Attacking another plane with it is beyond autism

you're confusing the navy's carrier operations with the air force's protocol

when planes come in to land on a carrier they need to go full afterburner as they catch one of the arrestor cables because it might snap and the plane might need to come back around, if the engine fails on landing they're instructed to bank away from the carrier and eject

the air force only tells it's pilots to eject if the plane is unrecoverable, which just so happens to generally coincide with an engine failing on takeoff or landing due to the speeds involved

>The F-35 is as much a weapon of white genocide as anything out of Hollywood.

Okay. Can you explain?

No Juan, you can't take back the Malvinas

You figured out the Top Secret plan.

We're building the F-35's as kamikazes ... and giving them nigger pilots.

(It's worth the money in the long run)

Basically, because these engines are only built in quite small numbers, they are also pricey.
If you compare the development costs of a modern, state of the art internal combustion egine with the costs of developing a jet engine, you'll see it is not that much of a difference.
But because the latest 1.5L 4 cylinder common rail eco-tec diesel engine by VW is built 1000.000 times, they can spread the development much thinner.

So, your point would still hold if you'd apply your arument to modern car engines, instead of jet engines.

They are maintenance hogs, and they only really carry a fireteam+2 and they are a tall target. That said the A2+ Variants have fantastic protection, the armarment and firecontrol are excellent and mobility is good enough

The Pentagon Wars shadows the development of the Bradley IFV, not the final product.
If anything you should be more critical of the Stryker, not because it's objectively bad, but because they took a tried and true wheeled APC and kept putting in stupid little changes.

I am pretty sure if they did a series of dogfights without bias, they will find the older platforms outperform the F-35 with quite a large margin.

I don't understand why the fuck they are pushing this all-rounder type fighter/bomber/gunship meme. The reason a air force is effective, is because it has specialized load-outs for specific duties.

Armored vehicles, but not main battle tanks. You know they exist right? And are quite numerous? (IFVs ect)

Well, it does not carry a full infantry section. I think it holds 5/6 troops.

>for the same price you can get 3 x F-35s or 50 x air combat drones
>3 x F-35s enter combat engagement against 50 x air combat drones
>F-35 fucked up sensors and data links misdetect the 50 combat drones and display them as 600 combat drones
>more than the sum total of bullets and missiles carried by the 3 F-35s
>F-35 pilots all eject

the arseanal of freedom

No the harrier is super shit.

Its closer to 70mm, and some of the older tanks (T62 ect) have very thin top armor (like 20mm) so it was more then adequate to destroy them.

I agree that the design is dated (inspired by WW2 ground attackers) but is still an effective and economic way to destroy older MBTs, vehicles and ground targets.

this is literally the most retarded scenario I've ever seen

How is it even remotely a gunship

If it hovers in place with it's fuckall gun 70 m above ground hitting that thing with any shitty ww2 gun would be easy as fuck

Don't worry, the UK already took us

>1 trillion dollars so far
>it's all fucked up
>Israel will literally get it for free (with all features) and probably sell to China

The F-35 is only below the FED and the Quantitative easing on the jewry scale. It's really amazing.

What else would you expect from $hiLockheed Martin. The company that brought you the C-5 which was massively over budget, had wing cracks and was subject to federal investigation. Oh and don't forget the L-1011 which also bankrupted the company.

LM is literally the airplane manufacturer the US could have picked.

So it's a swat car with a cannon

Because they thought it would be good at killing tanks, and then it turned out to actually suck at it, like happens with a lot of american weapons development

What is so fucking difficult for you to understand about this?

The A-10 is a shitty CAS plane that can barely even accomplish its intended role - which was to be a sacrificial pawn against soviet zerg rushes into europe. The fucking things, the entire fleet of them, weren't even intended to last more than a few weeks of combat, and their ACTUAL anti-tank weapon are the missiles / bombs they carry, not the fucking gun, which at this point might as well be dead weight.

The fundamental existence of Australia is the most retarded scenario I've ever seen

>bashes Galaxy
>still in us service

But we do, and we are thriving

Best part is when I woke up one morning and Norway explained that they needed to buy some of our F35s due to their NATO obligations. What a bunch of cucks.

Thanks for the oil money! We're just waiting for Norway to announce how totally awesome those F35s are.

Kek

A better comparison would be them fighting against cheap ass migs

Read again.

I meant to convey that people are developing planes these days with the idea that its going to fill every role except transport.

The F-35 isn't meant to get into dogfights. It's meant to see first, shoot first, and avoid contact when things don't look great.

If an F-35 gets close enough for dogfighting, especially with guns, the pilot and his buddies have seriously fucked up.

That's because the F-35 was not built around dogfighting. The entire aircraft is built around seeing enemy targets from much further away than the targets can see it, and raping them with missiles from 100 miles away.

Allways prepared for yesterdays' wars.

a single round 30mm round i looking at 100mm RHAe

remember that this is an automatic weapon with a fire rate so high it's guaranteeing more than one round to hit the same spot.

It can destroy the cannon, destroy the treads, and with fewer than 5 focused hit in a single area will be piercing clean through 400mm of armor.

That idea works really well on paper user. Like the design itself.

Don't forget the Starfighter!

It killed 200 German pilots during World War ... oh wait, it was peacetime. And we sold it to them. Crap.

That's OK, fully half of the Starfighters we sold to Canada didn't crash!

Is this a Joke?

Will the Pak Fa be able to match the F22? if not for how far will it be over the F35?

With the large number of SPAAG in the russian inventory, I really don't consider the A-10 as an economical choice for CAS. Even in spite of the fact it was designed around the idea of fighting in meatgrinders.

Luckily the A-10 is pretty decent as a bomb truck in low-intensity conflicts against enemies who have no actual air defenses.

Why doesn't chinks have any creativity? They could have at-least changed a few things.

Meanwhile our politicians are turbomad that the Russians keep doing loopty-loops around our jets.

Yeah after we spent so much having it developed you are kinda stuck with it but this sums up the C5 in a nutshell.

"After being one of the worst-run programs, ever, in its early years, it has evolved very slowly and with great difficulty into a nearly adequate strategic airlifter that unfortunately needs in-flight refueling or a ground stop for even the most routine long-distance flights. We spent a lot of money to make it capable of operating from unfinished airstrips near the front lines, when we never needed that capability or had any intention to use it."

Robert F. Dorr,

The AN-124 outclasses it in almost every way.

I love Cred Forums acting like they know anything about planes

t. /n/

You fucking what. Out of a burst of like 300 rounds you can expect maybe 10 to hit a tank sized target, an under no circumstances can you expect 2 or more rounds to go in the same hole. This might be the dumbest post I've ever read.

400 billion jobs program for white people

god you /k/ fucktards are so fucking stupid

Protip: That's not how armor penetration works you goddamn moron

>pol is one person

Jej.

With modern anti aircraft missiles the A-10 is basically obsolete. China and Russia can produce a lot of those systems They can be equipped cheaply infinitary, light mobile, aircraft on tanks.

Tanks themselves are pretty much obsolete at this point. So the A-10s whole purpose is kind of pointless as well.

Smaller faster vehicles with specialized roles are more effective.

Shit, drone tanks are probably already thing.

>with fewer than 5 focused hit in a single area will be piercing clean through 400mm of armor

I'm pretty sure that's not how strafing shit with a Gatling gun works

Oh what, would that ever in a million years be acquired by any western country?

>tfw the Starfighter also ended Erich Hartmann's career because he warned everyone it was shit

Truly it was the most evil of aircraft. Bubi literally did nothing wrong and got fired for it.

It's a terrible fucking bomb truck. It's slow as shit, maintenance intensive, nobody makes parts for it anymore, and it offers exactly 0 advantages over any other plane in the US strike inventory.

Amazing what actually can be developed when the end-game isn't filling your bank account with lies.

Tanks aren't going anywhere

A-10's going into the scrapheap or being turned into an autonomous sacrificial drone for high intensity conflicts with more loiter time and the gun removed.

The F-35 is an expensive piece of shit that needs to be fucking cancelled yesterday. It does everything shittily and nothing well. The Navy and AF both need to just convert to the F/A-18E/F and EA-18G Advanced Super Hornet/Growler, refitting their existing aircraft with the upgrade kits that include conformal fuel tanks, enclosed weapons pods, centreline fuel tank-mounted infrared search and track (IRST21) sensor, integrated defensive electronic countermeasures (IDECM) Block IV, active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, and next-generation jammer. It's low-observable enough and only costs $60-70M vs. $337M for a Navy F-35C and $148M for an AF F-35A. Don't even get me started on Marines having their own hover version at $251M a pop.

The Scorpion can replace the A-10, which is fucking awesome but still underpowered. You don't need anything fancy for CAS.

Kill the B-21 and build F/B-22 Strike Raptors, or just use the F-22s we already have to hit high-value targets. Nothing can touch the Raptor, even the T-50.

And get rid of our fucking nuclear missile silos. They are expensive, obsolete, and the Navy already has plenty of nukes to destroy the world ten times over but they don't fucking lose them like the Chair Force.

But it can last a long time after being hit multiple times

That's really the only great thing besides the cannon making one of the sexiest sounds in the air

Well if you've ever seen those dashcam videos about how Russians drive, you can start to understand how the absolute madmen would have no problem yanking our chains like that. But it does go to show a clear weakness in strategy, which is what they've always been good at exploiting.

We can't maintain it ourselves, you have a million kill switches in it, it's not really useful for defending our own air space compared to a ton of other investments we could make. If we truly had to fear Russia that money could be much better spent.

It's a weapon to fight kike wars in the ME against poorly equipped and poorly disciplined enemies. It might be good at that, but I don't see why we need to be good at fighting kike wars.

>It's a terrible fucking bomb truck. It's slow as shit, maintenance intensive, nobody makes parts for it anymore, and it offers exactly 0 advantages over any other plane in the US strike inventory.

B...b...but LEDDIT TOLD ME IT WAS COOL!!11!!

TRIGGERED

BRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

It does not get hit in its current profile. The towelhead fucks don't have anything that can touch a plane at the altitude we fly at, and anything that can reach up there will fuck up anything it hits no matter the armor.

Wasn't Bob Dornan in "The Starfighters"?

Terrible movie, he should've been executed for that>

The Russian T-50's little different from the F-35 in budget allowance - which is to say, infinitely bottomless.

The big difference is that the T-50 is achieving what it is in a much more cost-effective manner compared to the F-35. Maybe it can't fully match the F-35, but it's so far stacking up to be 90% the capability for 50% of the price.

dont talk shit about the yugo, its god tier

>Kill the B-21 and build F/B-22 Strike Raptors, or just use the F-22s we already have to hit high-value targets. Nothing can touch the Raptor, even the T-50.

This a thousand fucking times. The F-22 may have cost way over budget, but it's still easily the single best air superiority platform we've ever built. Current radars can't even detect it and ones that can won't be available worldwide for decades.

How could you possibly think that a POS Yugo is good?

Oh wait, Slovenia, that explains it.

ospreys are fucking orgasmic

Think of this like tanks. The F-35 is like a Tiger Tank.
>Highly advanced
>Expensive
>Not many built

So why did the Tiger get it ass handed to on the western front? Because American made about 10 M2 Shermans for every Tiger tank.

Here's how shitty the F-104 was it nearly killed Chuck fucking Yeagar. Possibly the best pilot ever if not the ballsiest.

The yugos shot one down after they flew the same route for 50 plus missions. After the bomb door jammed open, which ruins the RCS of the plane. And after the battery commander ignored yugo doctrine and fired a third missle with barely any lock.

If you weren't draining your "ally" budgets with the F35 they and making them pot committed to holding back radar technology to make them look good, radar technology would improve faster.

So in a way the F35 helps make the F22 better.

kek! that's what you get for not going with Boeing

>that gun door
F-35 gun is in literal cuck shed

>ultra fast & powerful
no propaganda here, nothing to do with GAU-8 being a superior gun in everything
How un-american it is to say: We need a slower and smaller gun for our most expensive plane ever

To be fair, Chuck was flying a very modified version for a high altitude attempt.

>F16
>Gun Door

Yes Poland, because the gun is reaaaally the most important part of the plane with the most advanced long range sensor suite flying right now.

Why don't we ever put mesh in front of the air intakes?

But they shot it down.

Long-wave radars can see the damn stealthy-stealties.

Anyhow, the 35 isn't a true stealth aircraft, it's classed as "Low-Observable", just like the Superhornet.

F35 a cute

The biggest problem was a lack of competition

That would disturb laminar flow

Because they have S-shaped intakes that do the same thing.

The f-35 is a support fighter, designed to fly with a group of air to air/ air to ground jets. It's main role is to track and relay enemy targets while simultaneously jamming their tracking equipment. It doesn't need a lot of cannon rounds because if it is engaging in a dog fight it means a majority of the f-22's it is flying with were shot down.

The 104s were were just shit. They were inherently unstable because the wing design. I can't believe they didn't catch that in the design stage.

In an all out war we'll be reduced to using our high subsonic armed trainers.

Looks like a badly rendered A-7 corsair.

>Gun's don't matter
Yeah so much that during the Vietnam war they redesigned the F-4 so that it carried a gun.

The ROE in Vietnam was that pilots had to visually verify the target because so many American planes flying around, they couldn't do a BVR missile launch in case it was a friendly. Problem was once you visually verified a target suddenly that big F4 was so great at dealing with little MIG-17's and MIG-19's

The lessons for Vietnam are why even the F22 has a gun.

We still have a fuckton of jets, you dope. Just no one to fly them.

Those long band radars can maybe see the F-35/F-22. But they also cannot give a weapons lock, which means that the planes are still ahead. As for the yugos, my point was it was a combination of human error and luck that downed the plane. Stealth isn't a total magic bullet, but it is pretty damn close and disregarding systems like the F-35 is stupid.

Why didn't they just modify some f22s to do that instead of making another plane to do the unnecessary VTOL bullshit as well?

What's so bad about spending 1 trillion dollars on an airplane program?

The Marines think they need it since they had it with the Harriers. Stupid waste of money.

They did change some shit. They got rid of the retarded shit. It's likely if that the US and China got into a war, American F35s would get shot down easily by Chinese F35 ripoffs.

>Implying the f-16's are not being slowly converted into target drones and shot down at Tyndall so generals can pay each other on the back and coo over how well the F-35 program is progressing.

>pilot visually identifying targets
>instead of having distrinct signatures friendly radar picked up

Why

im so happy the israeli procurement of f35 is devoid of electronics and sensors, to be supplied by the local israeli military complex, avoiding this stinking issues altogether

To be fair the Germans have by far the most Starfighter crashes.
They kept stalling out in high G maneuvers, other NATO members actually read their manuals

And the F-4 did fuckall with the gun as soon as they had a reliable missle, the sidewinder. It is simply retarded to compare early air to air missles with what we have today, and even more retarded to imply that the F-35 is bad because Vietnam.

The Brits needed a VTOL too

The way it's looking now the PAK FA will give up a little stealth for alot of capability

I do see your point, but sacrificing everything for stealth doesn't work.

It carries very little ordnance (unless you hang it off the wings which makes stealth impossible), it dogfights like an asthmatic Thud, and it requires so much maintenance that it flies about three times a week max.

Oh, and it costs 10x as much as older fighters.

And the military will be left with no replacement if it turns out to be craptastic...

Yeah, maybe Lockheed should've written some in German.

>shot down by a Chink ripoff with no engine

>>yfw China's quantum radar is responsible for these errors

The US rented a few to fly heavy shit to Iraq/A-stan from Aeroflot

Sorry guys! We're too incompetent to operate a real carrier.

Soz.

Except all that military aid we give them.

Who wins at the end?

Because planes fly at different angles, and modifications to planes (stores, drop tanks etc) greatly change the RCS. There is better IFF now of course, but commanders get really conservative when you have air superiority to require a visual identification. Especially if you have some friendly fire loses.

It was designed to penetrate T-72.
It would still probably at least damage modernised T-72 mods.

It can wreck all those shitty T-54 clones and all export versions of T-72

And it's great at giving air support against goatfuckers.
>shitskins walled up on a hill with mortars
>US grunts calls in air support
>5 minutes later BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
>there is no longer a hill
>and there was much cheering

As long as there are going to be shitskins to kill A10s and C130 are gonna be useful

>Implying they won't launch them into the air by improvised Chinese rockets.

I'm not really worried about any of that, its all software related and doesn't actually prevent the plane from flying or delivering ordnance.

"look at me, i know more about guns than u all"
kys autistic fag

They can't even make ball bearings.

Missiles are better now, but so are countermeasures. Nobody had come up with a countermeasure for a gun. No fighter pilot I know would give up the gun. Its also (although risky) useful for strafing, which still occurs for CAS.

>and the f16s will be set up to intentionally lose, Nuremberg style

>5 mins latter
More like 20, considering the A-10 has the slowest response time for air support in the US inventory.
And the gun can't pen T-72s, it can barely pen T-62s.

What is the R-27ET

>The F-35 is an expensive piece of shit that needs to be fucking cancelled yesterday.

There is no way they are going to cancel it. President Trump would need to personaly lead an investigation for that to happen. Old brass is just going to prolong this to their retirements, and so on.
This is so expensive now that if it were cancelled, anybody who ever touched it would have his career ruined.

>It was designed to penetrate T-72.

It doesn't matter if it was designed to - it literally can't, no matter how much you wring your wrists about it, the Gau-8 cannot penetrate the armor on a T-72, even the basic version with absolutely no upgrades.

The logic of the USAF is that the current gen fighters simply cannot contest enemy airspace that is defended by current A2/AD systems like the S400 without unacceptable losses. Therefore the ability to contest those zones, which would be key in a war with Russia or China who have nice A2/AD systems, outweighs having all that extra ordinance. The dogfighting thing is a meme, as doctrinally if its dogfighting than the whole flight has fucked up royally. Finally, all these small errors are to be excepted. The F-15 took a while to work out all the kinks back then too, and the people bitched about it just like they bitch about the F-35 today.

Michael Dorn doesn't have a problem with the 104.

>Rigged with explosives so they go down 100% of the time, unlike the poor F-4 Phantoms before them who endured an honorouble death, playing the game of chance against the amraam.

The SU-35 is the greatest jet in the air right now. I can't believe our last Prime Minister was dumb enough to buy a bunch of these. $24B down the drain. FUCK.

Why not just develop extreme range anti air systems and more accurate tomahawk systems

Can someone explain the point of this plane please? As far as I can see, it tries to be a multi-role aircraft, but somehow ended up worse than speciality jets of the competitors.

A-10s only provide something like 10% of CAS anyways, the rest is F-16s and B-1s that are loitering.

F-22 have a nose cone radar, the f-35's entire body is a radar transmitter/ reciever. Tradional nose cone radars have a narrow field of view that can only point in one direction, the f-35 can actively scan in a 360 degrees.

Infrared missile like the sidewinder with longer range.

Good thing it has other armaments.

>with the "simulations" shown to aspiring pilots an they grow up thinking the f35 was the best aircraft ever made
>this sets the standard for aircraft for future generations

>extreme range AA systems
Not quite sure what you mean by this, but US had the SM6, which when paired with a F-35 spotter has a range of 200nm
>more accurate tomahawks
Accuracy isn't the problem with the tomahawks, it's the fact that they are slow as shit and not stealthy at all. We have the LRSM program to try and fix that, but regardless cruise missles are not fast enough to provide support to troops on the ground.
The purpose of the plane is to be a combination of a strike weapon and a massive data collection/link platform. It's not "worse" than the competitors, because it is competing in a completely different leauge.

Imagine if it wasn't limited by a shitty VTOL requirement

Well it reminds me of when I was in elementary school in the smart kid's program (we got to help pick the name of the next space shuttle) and when we were asked to design the future bio-human, we put every COOL SHIT gimmick we could into our design.

Kind of like how you get funding.

How much with the long range shekel detector cost?

And now tell me, what kind of missile would be best suited for taking out a plane with reduced radar signature and a shit thrust to weight ratio?

That's only the marine version, which was only designed because the Marines are fucking idiots

the king

f-35 is badass and will save alot of money.

I looked into this because i thought it was a massive fuckup.

>replaces 3 planes at a budget price
>reducing maintenance cost dramatically
>can fly sorties consecutively because it does not have hydraulics
>has extreme range
>very maneuverable with full dress because of internal payload
>is not designed for dogfights because of hyper advanced weapon systems.

the out flown by f-16 is bullshit because the f-16 had zero payload.

It's fine. Just gets memed constantly by clueless nigs and Ruskie shills. Any good news out of the program is dismissed as a lie. Any bad news is inflated beyond reason.

The purpose of all our equipment is to extract capitol from the general population and redistribute it to the military sector.

>and awarding medals to the pilots who successfully (((shot down))) the neutered feckless drone.
>then making the pilots tour schools and go on TV drumming up support for Hillary's next war.

>a Super Flanker
>Greatest jet flying
I mean if you believe F-22s and Eurofighters aren't flying, sure. Also

>Russian engines

essentially a large semi-disposable missile that remotely targets and engages aircraft

Basically missile UAVs

>mfw when I realize the F-35 is an Early Access plane

I laughed and then I realized I pay taxes for this shit

But why the single engine

Yeah, I saw the Lockheed promotional video too.

Now explain why it wouldn't be better to buy 10 EA-18 Growlers instead? They're cheaper, battle-proven, and can jam the SA400 just fine.

>I pay taxes for this shit
Funny part is your taxes don't pay for it. They only go to help pay the interest on more loans from the federal reserve to fund it.

>sorry, avion ti gori
kek

Last time they tried to build a triservice airplane they got this. While the Airforce loved it, the Navy wasn't fond of it and the Marines absolutely hated it for their missions.

F22 and F35 were cold war projects, their intended enemies were faggot[sic] and fulcrum and, to a degree, supersonic bombers. Of course it is not cost effective for mowing down insurgents or dumping unguided ordinances on tents.

>there is more money owed then money exists

remind me why we don't have a global agreement to cancel out X amount of debt?

Something like that would be unneededly complicated
Because the cost of keeping current gen fighters till 2070 is higher than the F-35 program. Not to mention that it is strategically stupid to think that current fighters will be sufficient. In the case of the growler specifically, the F-35 has the EW ability to also support older planes in the fleet.

that c17 in flight looks like it has free floating engines

Honestly this is why they should switch to the Army for CAS. They can just keep a bunch of Turboprops for the job of sand nigger killing. Low cost, easy to train on, base it on a civvy airframe so common parts.

With long range surface to air missiles does lock on matter that much? Can't you just get the missile close enough for IR/optical to take over?

I don't know. Remind me why the global military superpower is reduced to making fun of its own equipment in a napalese sewing circle.

>then comes the next version at triple the price to "BTFO" the "outdated" f22s
>this version can reach a maximum of 200 mph and is "invisible" to radar from 2010

Shit I don't know. We can't leave here, can we?

>something like that would be unneedingly complicated

>What is the subject matter of this thread

Your suicide drone does nothing new or even better, and fills a capability that is all ready covered.

>Too close for missles, Goose

Maybe the F-35 is just an elaborate cover for another black project? I might be giving the pentagon too much credit but it's a lot of dosh to just disappear.