youtube.com/watch?v=fHZtbnaXuGk
youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo

>Comparison of Orthodox and Catholic Liturgical hymns
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=u0iOBOIwQ2o
youtube.com/watch?v=qDoyZtkrU0s
youtube.com/watch?v=XN6UNVwlRbk

>Media Attacks Orthodox Church
bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages
nytimes.com/2016/09/14/world/europe/russia-orthodox-church.html?_r=0

>Putin's faith in his own words
youtube.com/watch?v=u3d_yxJhmjk

>Verses backing up veneration and intercession
Exodus 18:7
Joshua 7:6
1 Kings 13:6

>Based Patriarch
youtube.com/watch?v=0pqax_dPgTk

Orthodox Church on immigration
>Such an important aspect of modern life like mass migration is not left unattended. Unlike the Catholic approach that unduly favors migrants, particularly in Europe, the Orthodox notices the negative nature of the process, as well as the fact that it leads to confrontation of different identities and value systems. In addition, the Orthodox Church propose to look at the roots of this phenomenon. The reason for the migration is the liberal, hedonistic ideology bleeding the peoples of Europe and the interests of the capitalist elite, who need a cheap and disenfranchised workforce:

>Attempts by indigenous people of the rich countries to stop the migration flow are futile, because they come in conflict with the greed of their own elites who are interested in the low-wage workforce

For those who don't have a parish near them, contact Ancient Faith Ministries to set up a mission.

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2016/04/22/pope-francis-reneges-on-offer-to-take-in-christian-refugees/
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/05/17/pope-francis-hails-election-of-sadiq-khan-as-mayor-of-london/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumping

Bump

You two Orthodox?

cuck

No. Catholic

Good to have you

Question, if you are Russian orthodox, are you in the same denomination as Greek/Serbian/ etc Orthodox? I just converted to Orthodoxy and I still have a hard time understanding the differences between the churches.

It's all One Church, yes. Since there is no Pope, the administration is broken up into different Patriarchs or Archbishops and so on, and that's all Russian, Greek, and so on mean. "Greek Orthodox" (outside of Greece), for instance, means the parish is under the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarch (in much, much looser sense than the RCC is under the Pope). "Russian Orthodox" means the parish is under the jurisdiction of the Patriarch of Russia. And so on. They are all in Full Communion with each other though.

Okay. So if I were to become a priest in the Orthodox Church, would I be able to preach at any Orthodox Church, or would I be limited to the specific church that I was ordained under, like Russian/etc.?

You could officiate at any diocese in the world provided the bishop wanted you to.

There's no "preaching" per se, but you would be able to serve in any Orthodox church, provided you were bold enough to request to do so from the local parish's rector.

If it was a parish under a bishop other than his own (even from just a Greek to a Greek), the only permission he would need is that of his bishop, and the bishop overseeing the parish he'd be doing the service at.

There is preaching, I guess, if you count the homily. It's just not the main function of priests, especially since deacons can technically do it.

wow, that is really cool. Thank you
Why would I need to be "bold"?

i r in ur thread, catholicising the shit up

just joking of course, i am glad christian faith is strong on this board. Despite theological and liturgical and every other difference, we are all brothers in many aspects

Usually out of respect and humility, since you are a guest. Of course, if they knew you were coming they could ask you to serve.

>Why would I need to be "bold"?
Because once you're a priest, the standard procedure is just officiate where your bishop tells you to. You can put in for specific parishes, but whether or not he puts you there isn't up to, in fact he could put you halfway across the country under a different bishop if he wanted.

Well, there's usually some back-and-forth there if you're gray clergy (i.e. not a monk).

Usually, but there technically doesn't have to be.

I actually enjoyed Putin's video. I like orthodoxy, keep up the good work.
I am not a catholic, but the Pope we are having is a pain in the ass.

>A Christian brother and sister from Syria felt blessed to have been among the dozen refugees selected to start a new life in Italy — but now say their savior, Pope Francis, abandoned them on a Greek island, according to a report.

>Their dreams were shattered when they were informed the following day that they would not be traveling to Rome. Instead, three Muslim families were taken.
nypost.com/2016/04/22/pope-francis-reneges-on-offer-to-take-in-christian-refugees/

>Pope Francis has hailed the election of London’s first Muslim mayor in a wide-ranging interview with a French newspaper.

>"When I hear talk of the Christian roots of Europe, I sometimes dread the tone, which can seem triumphalist or even vengeful. It then takes on colonialist overtones," Pope Francis said.
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/05/17/pope-francis-hails-election-of-sadiq-khan-as-mayor-of-london/

disgusting, thanks for the information.

disgusting.

My priest recently gave a sermon about the horrors of the war in Syria and the sad photos out of Aleppo. He asked for prayers and compassion for the people stuck in that war torn country. He didn't quite talk about refugees, but he talked about compassion and understanding for those people.