China's space station crashing into the Earth

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

popularmechanics.com/space/satellites/a22936/tiangong-falling-to-earth/?zoomable

It's actually very concerning how this happened, especially since it's an entire space station falling into the Earth for one thing (although it's a controlled burn, this is just despicable for it to happen in the first place). They lost control of it. Also, this is the country that is surpassing us. But maybe it's because they're taking more risks than we are.

What can NASA do to realize that China obviously cannot be responsible for the space exploration of humanity? When are we going to take the helm again and do shit right? Or are we just sitting with our thumbs in our ass massaging our prostates?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiangong-2
nationalgeographic.com.au/australia/australia-once-fined-nasa-400-for-littering.aspx
google.ie/search?q=sochi olympics toilets
nsa.gov1.info/utah-data-center/
nasa.gov/press/2014/december/nasa-s-new-orion-spacecraft-completes-first-spaceflight-test
nasa.gov/centers/marshall/michoud/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploration_Mission_2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_spacecraft_feasibility_study
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_design_process
scientificcomputing.com/news/2015/06/experiment-proves-reality-does-not-exist-until-it-measured
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Archibald_Wheeler
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>this is the country that is surpassing us
Name just one way China is surpassing the USA. Hard mode: no arbitrary number and meaningless "growth" metrics. Just explain one single way - based in reality - that China is ahead of the US.

Nobody will be leaving this planet anytime soon if those chinks don't stop dumping garbage/micro debris in low earth orbit.

da jews fear the samurai

>especially since it's an entire space station falling into the Earth for one thing

It is just a fucking 8ton shiplet. Not more or less than any Sojuz or Progress.

>surpassing us

No, they really are not. The best thing they do to "surpass" us is enslave a billion of their people making them live in shit to have a 2nd gdp in the world, that is not surpassing nigger

and neither is posting articles of made up shit they "want or plan" to do but never actually do.

Massaging your prostate is exploring space.

>tfw China can't even keep a space station up for a year
Hahahahahahahahahah, Chinkniggers

It was up there for six, standard service time actually

That's what happens when they run out of gas, they crash.

How is China leading the way in space? The ISS is older, bigger and still orbiting safely.

What did China contribute to the space station? Maybe like a window or a docking port or some bullshit, probably nothing.

The rest is all Glorious Western Civilization.

The Chinks crashed and burned from space; you never left your basement.

Whose superior now?

>he doesn't remember when Skylab did the same thing.

Kids today, lol.

>HOLY SHIT I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THAT THE FUCKING CHINKS ARE FUCKING DOING THIS HOLY FUCK I HAVEN'T EVEN READ A SINGLE LINE OF ONE HISTORY BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

The US and Russians have both deorbited like four space stations.

It's not a big deal.

>It was up there for six,
Six days, yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiangong-2

CLASHING THIS SPACE STATION

WITH NO SULVIVOLS!

ISS is international.

Is this planned, is it end of operational life and being decommissioned? Or an unplanned fuck up?

The station just needs to be recharged with fresh bear bile and rhino horn.

Crash mecca

That's the newly launched one
The article is taking about tiangong-1

laughed

I'm saving this Pepe.

It's planned and being decommissioned after 5 years of service but losing control of it is unplanned
It isn't the first time a station has lost control before crashing though

Population.

/thread

Skylab didn't crash and burn, it just had problems. The problems were quickly fixed and it was operation for several years before being ALLOWED to crash because its useful operational life was over.

You must not be able to read

Thanks America! Glad you got my back

>The problems were quickly fixed and it was operation for several years before being ALLOWED to crash because its useful operational life was over.

This is a perfect description of what is currently happening to the Chinese station.

US definitely caused it to crash. Fucking americans you were not the first in space.

>China
>Samurai

you are retarded

Y'all are the same anyway

>What did China contribute to the space station?

Paper calendar from a local takeaway.

ITT: American space experts

>mfw implying I don't know about our black space program

HE DINT FRY SO GOO!

>Name just one way China is surpassing the USA.

>entire OP is in the context of space exploration

I'm confused.. did you think I was saying China is surpassing us in every way?

remove that flag traitor

we are first to moon and that's all that matters

Just so all the retards on here know what type of "space station" we are talking about.

It is Tiangong-1 which will burn up in the atmosphere next year. It is the tiny little shitty can on the left above the huge ISS. Yes, this is all TO SCALE.

Skylar very much did crash and burn. It landed in Australia and they charged us a fine for littering.

nationalgeographic.com.au/australia/australia-once-fined-nasa-400-for-littering.aspx

Again I say; kids these days.

I honestly believe that the future belongs to the yellow race, east asian people aren't cucked, they defend themselves if they are confronted by violence and in my opinion ther is no doubt that China will become a superpower
the "white nations" as far as they still exist, will be overrun by mudslims and niggers and I think just a few eastern European countries will withsatand that invasion, due to them not being cucked

I really think Nasa is not going to play an important role in the future since western countries will fall into chaos due to racial tensions

The aren't, but they are catching up quicker than we are moving ahead thanks to Obama. We used to be 50 years ahead of them technology wise, now we are maybe a decade ahead. Their "Apollo" mission is to beat us, and they are going to succeed unless we make America great again.

Wormwood.

Where is the projected path?

>Also, this is the country that is surpassing us. But maybe it's because they're taking more risks than we are.
See pic related.

Shenzhou, the Chinese spacecraft, is just a modified Soyuz 7-KT, which were retired in the 1970s.
Tiangong-1, the space station losing control, is about half the volume of a shipping container. It's sixty-five times smaller than the ISS, 25 times smaller than Skylab and MIR, and six times smaller than Salyut-I, the first space station launched by the Soviets back in 1971.

China is not taking risks, they're not doing anything new, or big, or exciting... all they're doing is what they've done the last 30-odd years: Steal shit and copy shit that other countries have done and do a piss-poor job of it.

In the same way that they publish fraudulent research papers and file patents on already patented technologies from other countries, their entire space program has just been duplicating the accomplishments the Soviet Union and United States made 40 years ago.

If you'd stop sucking China's dick for a minute, you'd realize it's a micropenis.

Lol
>Pulling out random facts
>Put them together
>Make a false argument out of "facts"
I bet you got an Aero engineering too huh?

>he didn't actually respond to any single point that user made, he just said "YOU ARE WRONG!" and expected the rest of us to agree with him

size

They're not allowed in the ISS

What can China do to realize that NASA obviously cannot be responsible for the space exploration of humanity? When are we going to take the helm again and do shit right? Or are we just sitting with our thumbs in our ass massaging our prostates?

They're better at ripping people off.

Mars mission 2030?
Moon Base by 2025?
Asteroid Redirect mission?

WTF do you even pay attention to what we do just fucking go on the nasa website.

Fuck we have quantum chip already look at D-wave.

Please fucking stop

China is destroying the earths environment, we're all gonna die because of them eventually anyway after the muslims kill us and let them rule

Killing us in trade.

CHING TO THE CHANG TO THE CHING TO THE CHONG

WE CHINAMEN GONNA RAND RIKE A GONG

it is absolutely because they cut corners more than america ever did. they do this to achieve the same goal in a shorter timeframe. very dangerous.

This thread is a shame

Delete this

>2016
>people still think the space program is real

No. It's actually not. The problem here is China lost control of it and has no idea where or when it's coming down to any degree of accuracy. It should deorbit burn over the Pacific like everyone else does. Now it could potentially come down on a population center. Very unlikely but possible.

Just another example of China being irresponsible and polluting the environment with their garbage.

No it's because it's decommissioned
It served the same amount of time as our Skylab (6 years)
But nice meme though, the reason why our country is failing is because people like you believe they don't make high quality things

>Also, this is the country that is surpassing us. But maybe it's because they're taking more risks than we are.

wrong retard, they only made their own space station because the evil imperialist Americans run the ISS

>When are we going to take the helm again and do shit right?

Try reading a bit about NASA's programs. SLS and Orion will be flying in the early 2020s, and Altair (moon lander) will then be developed to allow for moon missions. The ISS itself is being retired in 2024, which is when NASA will purposefully deorbit it. Funny how the ISS, made with parts from over 30 different countries, lasted 4x as long as it's Chinese counterpart. At this point another, larger, ISS will be made perhaps in geosynchronous orbit.

>le reddit /r/futurology alkaline kool-aid drinker meme

Ebin

Not him but China is leading in mass production of cheap export goods (I mean, seriously, you can find random crap "Made in China" all over the world) and building up far faster than US is nowadays - and I don't even mean growth metrics you abhore, but how much shit they built, funded and developed in the past decade or so.

They should have spent more time playing Kerbal Space Program

Past performance does not guarantee future results. The Chinese stock market is crashing at the moment, their banks undergoing the same mortgage meltdown US ones did in 2008. And NASA will operate regardless who is President, the only reason their shit is fucked now is because NASA couldn't get Ares I to work properly and dumped it, going straight to Ares V rebranded as SLS.

Building a fuckhuge manned moon capable rocket is not easy, the Russians have been unable to do it. Likewise, the Russians themselves never managed to go to the moon despite having a successful rocket (Soyuz).

A 2025-30 moon program and a moon base is not impossible at all, in fact it is likely what will happen. All the pieces are being developed right now except the lander.

im convinced that these space programs are complete bullshit and more i think about it the more the flat earth theory is getting to be more real

pretty fucking scary to even think about it.

Fuck off Achmed you retarded brown turd.

Keyword: cheap export goods. Things made from injection molded plastic (ie hoses and mcdonalds toys). Most chip fabs are outside of China in nearby South Korea and Japan (also some in the US) because Chinese factories themselves aren't capable of undercutting them without destroying quality. This is why Foxconn is the exception: their chips are for high-margin Apple devices.

As for "building up", it's all stolen trains from Siemens. It's very nice, but they didn't design it themselves as they are not capable of such a thing. China's great railroad equipment companies couldn't even build their own high-altitude diesel trains, they had to import them from the US. Same for all their nuclear reactors after 1990. Their blackhawks come from the few we sold them before the Tinenaman Square Massacre.

>le sci fi was true and we will do le sci fi things even if we have no good economic reason.

Le kill your self.

dubs says where it crashes

But isn't like that with everything? Most of the countries managing or building anything big, outsource and import quite a lot of shit, US included, aren't they?

You should have kept on reading after the part it was being decommissioned. Your country and the Russians always did it in a controlled way. Except those Chinese ass-hats have no control over the space station. Which is pretty retarded. So if someone gets killed with a piece of ChingChong-1 you bet your ass it's not going over easy with the rest of the international community.

A LOT OF LOYALTY FOL A HILED ASTLONAUTE

sure thing calling anyone else a brown turd Tyrone theres something up about this shit because last week space x rocket went missing and there was also the co made rocket that got leveled at the lunch pad at NASA that was actually ordered to get leveled by obama himself

its screaming of fucking bullshit

>Likewise, the Russians themselves never managed to go to the moon despite having a successful rocket (Soyuz).
why would a country waste billions of dollars on something that has been done before, has some risks, and doesn't profit them in any way - not even scientifically.

Everybody chill the fuck out, we got this.

>Or are we just sitting with our thumbs in our ass massaging our prostates?

Essentially, yes. People don't value space exploration anymore, and NASA's budget was slashed right after the moon landings. We're now in the period where we're bleeding expertise, because no-one in the field now has ever worked on manned missions beyond ferrying people to stations in orbit.

Joe schmoe basically decided that we'd been to the moon, that was enough, and now we need to focus on "important" things like sending extra billions to Africa and whatnot. Remember, this is the age of Western shame. It coincides with the end of the moon missions, basically. That was when the "social revolution" happened. Lefties like giving their shit grand names like that, but all it really meant was that hippies who think you can tell the colour of someone's aura by smelling their farts gained political power. And when you think you already know everything, you don't think you need to explore space.

So space exploration died a quiet death of returning to purely nominal use so we can at least still say we're doing it. The space shuttle itself was intended as only a part of a larger system, but the budget cuts meant they had to sell it as an efficient launch vehicle on its own. With that in mind it's kind of funny that China thinks it's hot shit for kind of doing what the US and Russia were already doing 40 years ago.

Chinks can't even make a copy of the Mir Space Station.

Slavs had Mir in space for 14 years. Held together with duct tape, spit, and old vodka bottles.

China is a shithole. Don't tell me you fell for the "China will be the next superpower" memes.

China, like Saudi Arabia, is currently experiencing an economic boom due to US-led industries. Fun fact though: China's economic growth has plateaued and is now on a steady decline since 2012.

Skylab fell in the exact same way and it didn't kill anyone because humans occupy maybe 10% of the earth's surface.

Please fall in Australia.

Also
GAS THE COLONIES
SPACE WAR NOW

I hope any country this lands in declares it will be seen as an act of war.

>Most of the countries managing or building anything big, outsource and import quite a lot of shit, US included, aren't they?

No. Most of DBB's rolling stock is made in Germany, like SNCF does with Alstom and Renfe with Talgo. In the US, public bonds (ie those used to fund infrastructure improvements) are subject to Buy America requirements. All power plants in the US are designed, forged, assembled, and built by American companies. And, for point of reference, most of the computer chips in the US are either made in the US, South Korea or Japan.

Because then they would have had Cosmonauts on the moon while Columbia burned up. Russia would be able to humiliate America.

China reside in Euroasia and USA don't, that shit alone fuck up USA pretty hard

>chinese space station lands in japanese waters
>JSDF goes to get it and starts a pissing match/crisis with chinese forces

China is separated from europe by a huge desert and multiple mountain ranges while the US has access to both asia, south america, africa and europe through the pacific and atlantic oceans.

Nah the Japs got decently more westernized than the rest of East Asia when we rebuilt them after WW2.

LAND IT ON MECCA!

youre being fattened for the kill. humanity is way older than some 10,000 year old plains roaming nigger. we never get out there my friend. you are a sacrifice to the demiurge

I think American insecurity and (sometimes) outright fear of the Chinese is hilarious.

>this is just despicable for it to happen in the first place
It's pretty standard practice for large space object senpai. Better back to Earth than debris in orvbit.

Colonisation of Africa.

Meanwhile the Africans are busy colonising the USA.

>China crashes it into Tokyo as payback for Nanking

>Skylab
Let's hope so. But never let those slant eyed wizards into space again. They can only copy everything whites made and never come up with something themselves.
>inb4 fireworks.

please, Rio Tinto owns everything important in Africa, with France getting sloppy seconds. What does China have? Failed states that are now defaulting on their debts resulting in a cash crises for Chinese banks

>Joe schmoe basically decided
since when did the (((elites))) ever listen to joe schmoe?

joe schmoe was TOLD to feel that way

ur moms house :v)

they are not....they have yet to experience a severe crash as well.

Once cannot have so much growth in such a short period of time without a serious economic recession.

THEY'RE BEATING US AT TRADE!!

same here. applies on russia as well.

THEY'RE BEATING US AT DUBS!

tiny coffee drinking, moped riding, fop derides the kind of bantz

for shame

I wonder if its going to crash on Australia just like skylab did

holyshit. Asians literally cannot drive, with or without the gravitational pull of earth.

>They can only copy everything whites made
Not really true user. Ancient chinks were based AF and created A LOT of shit.
They also build big walls.

so you hate the best country in the world? ah, you must be an sjw

Well other than New Silk Road trade deal, Taiwan, China developing weapons to cripple the US military, and the economic and hacking wars that has been raging between the US and China since the crash back in 2008. But that is super power matters, something you wouldn't understand

gunpowder and lenses, what else? powdered rhino horn afrodizzyac?

Our Africans already arrived 250 years ago and aren't projected grow in proportion to the rest of the population. Maybe you were thinking of Europe.

I wish that pic had skylab too.

I like how their interest in scientific computing appears to have dropped off as soon they crossed the finish line.

Nice dubs. Nice bants.

First oil wells
Noodles
Paper
Alcohol
Mechanical Clocks
Kung Fu
Mass tea production
Silk
Iron and steel smelting
Compass
Printing

>But maybe it's because they're taking more risks than we are.
Not taking any more than NASA has.

NASA has had it's fair share of space fuck ups. Including fatal ones.

>Russians have been unable to do it.
They were able there was just no political will to do it after they lost the race. Russian rockets were far superior than those produced by the Americans during that time.

>First oil wells
dunno
>Noodles
who cares
>Paper
egypt had paper
>Alcohol
and alcohol
>Mechanical Clocks
egypt had mechanical clocks
>Kung Fu
who fucking cares
>Mass tea production
err, that one is ok
>Silk
worms make silk
>Iron and steel smelting
before anyone else?
>Compass
>Printing
ok

well, thanks for being my bitch and looking all this up just for me

anyway, china was founded by a White man, checkmate chinktheist

It's questionable if they would have been able to do it had they not lost the political will. They probably would have gone bankrupt first.

Those N1 rockets sure liked blowing up a lot.

Humans were never meant to leave Earth. Just scrap NASA already.

Not really, but again it was a problem of vision. The CCCP didn't see how fucking stupid the whole "shuttle" idea was. They simply copied it rather than work out a bigger rocket. After the fall of the USSR, Roscosmos still does not have the vision to do moon mission using Soyuz.

Of course they were, because we already have.

Skylab crashed to earth. Mir Crashed to earth. Nobody can do space like Ayys.

He meant to say that, "China is catching up to us," but he's a stupid faggot.

They make great food. I love sushi.

Sushi is japanese shitbreath

The joke is on them - where are you going to find Nazi scientists these days?

So appears china finally reached american progress of 70;s - their space station is crashing. lolz

Western invention is disruptive. Chinese actually sacrifice innovation for harmony.

>Roscosmos still does not have the vision to do moon mission using Soyuz.
Literally no point for them to do so.

Well the nigger in the white house has nasa doing Muslim outreach instead of doing what they should be doing.

Oh snap. Japs duck and cover naow.

Kek.
Paper=/=papyrus
Sundials=/=mechanical clocks
>before anyone else?
Yes
>worms make silk
they dont make silk fabric

>looking all this up
didnt have to look anything up because Im not a retarded Anglo. But you're welcome anyway edgelord.

TECH

How could this be wormwood?

>taking a shit
>get hit by chink toilet seat
>die and become known as the Space turd

Goddamn chinks, now I can't evacuate my bowels in peace and safety. Fucking oriental terrorists is what they are.

There is a reason: because they could and because it would humiliate America. But they won't.

The only reason NASA is working towards it is because it is what they are expected to do.

Really? No wonder the servers at my local sushi bar look at me funny when I try and practice my mandarin on them.

Thanks potatobro!

>When are we going to take the helm again and do shit right? Or are we just sitting with our thumbs in our ass massaging our prostates?
Talk to Obama about that. He cut funding for all manned space flight. Ergo we are no longer a Superpower, as manned spaceflight is a pre-requisites to call yourself such.
We have fallen far boys and girls, this I can tell you.

pic related

When they say made in china they aren't kidding.

It's decommisioned you dumb cunts. Read the article. They already have the replacement up there.

>Paper=/=papyrus
papyr

such incredible retardation

no refutation to my point that china was started by a White man?

>didnt have to look anything up because Im not a retarded Anglo. But you're welcome anyway edgelord.
you sofucking did, you chink loving faggot

Different methodology taken to engineering. The Americans overdesigned things before building them and subsequntly blowing them up on the lauchpad. The Soviets just went straight to step 2, build a piece of shit and see what blows first, reinforce or redesign that part and do it all over again until you have a funtional rocket. Pure brute force engineering, simple but highly effective in building simple no nonsense engines and craft.

supercomputers

chinese supercomputers btfo every other supercomputers

They aren't, jews are, chinks are being allowed to do what they do, no resistance, there hasn't been a battle in which the ching chongs won.

Humiliating USA isn't a good enough reason when they're actively saber clashing with America on the world stage already. Besides I wouldn't be surprised if your media would somehow manage to spin it in and humiliate Russia instead as they did with Sochi Olympics.

>papyr
Great argument fuckstick
>china was started by a White man
Source faggot. Besides why the fuck do I give a shit? You asked me what ancient China invented and I gave you the answer. Stop being such an autist.
>chink loving
Kek. No
>faggot
stop projecting kid

>Name just one way China is surpassing the USA
They are making all our chips and computers over there now. How about those apples.

My tacos aren't going to make themselves pedro, chop chop.

Sure, but also very expensive. They blew up 4 of those fucking gigantic rockets and didn't even get close to orbit. At least one took out the launch pad too.

They were a long ways away from getting to orbit, let alone safely and reliably to orbit to support a manned mission, and all the missions needed to test all the mission equipment.

>The CCCP didn't see how fucking stupid the whole "shuttle" idea was
Buran was no copy, but it was fundamentally retarded on a whole different level and was potentially even more cost-inefficient.

Obama cut it at NASA's request. Ares I was fucked and not even capable of getting Orion into LEO without a major redesign. NASA requested Constellation to be scrapped so they put all their energy into a moon rocket while allowing private industry (SpaceX, ULA) to take over LEO shuttle services. It was a smart move, but it left NASA five years behind schedule.

that's NSA propaganda

And what do they use all that processing power for? Patrolling the great firewall and suppressing dissent.

China is a paper tiger and their leadership is scared shitless.

Tell your handler to do them for you then. Or you could try to get off the chair but I'm afraid human knees weren't designed for that load.

>They are making all our chips and computers over there now.

wrong, just final assembly. Except for Apple products, the majority of computer chips in the US are from South Korea and Japan (or made domestically)

Genetic engineering. That's about it.

Let's be real here
Left-wing areas ARE better at STEM related stuff
Cred Forums is literally buzzfeed tier

The SLS is the most disgusting misuse of space program finds in history. Every time I read about it I feel sick.

>if i told you 10% of these M&Ms were poison..

I don't even have a projector

I'd insult your country croatiafag, but you are completely irrelevent

so you go from ignoring to asking for source? maybe you should have tried that the first tiem. it's common knowledge

>humiliate Russia instead as they did with Sochi Olympics
How exactly did Russia get humiliated with the Olympics? All the media BS was just shilling against Russia.

>Mars mission 2030?
>Moon Base by 2025?
>Asteroid Redirect mission?
Under Obama that's just bullshit.

so where are the nsa supercomputers?

dunno. computing world conquest plans? A.I. is expensive

google.ie/search?q=sochi olympics toilets

Shuttle disintegrated over populated areas, and that shit was fine. Doubt there's much to worry about.

>Orion will be flying in the early 2020s
Bullshit. Obama canceled all manned spaceflight. Now we are another 8 years behind the curve.

Obama's social programs were more important than the survival of our species.

>it's common knowledge
Again no fucking source because it's retarded BS as I suspected the first time.
>UK
>relevant
Kek
>I don't even have a projector
Hahahah
Just how fucking dumb are you m8?
You're an embarassment to your country. It's past your bedtime little inbred faggot.

What's bad about it?

Wrong, the SLS (aka Ares V) is what NASA should have done in the 80s. It's only take this long because Ares I was such a fuck up. It's an improvement over the shuttle in every way.

>so where are the nsa supercomputers?

In Utah, or at least that's their public location. Most likely they hide their real shit inside the old Ma Bell/AT&T buildings that are present inside all major US cities.

nsa.gov1.info/utah-data-center/

Well the humiliation was highest at the Olympics but the shilling started after the gay propaganda ban and really topped itself off with Ukraine (that was real good timing right as Russia won the winter Olympics).

So yeah, Russia's huge investment in the Olympics and its victory to improve its image in-front of the world went mostly unnoticed due to the media shilling and Ukraine (again what good timing for that maidan shite).

>Humans were never meant to leave Earth. Just scrap NASA already.
stfu. We're talking about the survival of our species.
As for u...pls don't breed.

NASA is just as bad. I hope Trump cuts all their funding for good. Bunch of bureaucratic shits

>Now you do this.

Insanely expensive to develop and will be insanely expensive to launch. I heard it would be so expensive to launch they'll only be able to launch every few years. Most of the big missions it was planned for are cancelled, so it's effectively a rocket to nowhere right now.

It will also be almost entirely made useless by the Falcon Heavy, which didn't cost the taxpayer a dime to develop and will be something like 5-10% the cost to launch.

The only reason it was developed was to keep Shuttle era jobs going.

This thing has cost hundreds of billions btw. Fuck. Could have done a lot of cool af planetary probe missions with that. Or just paid spaceX and others to do awesome shit.

CANADARM℠™

>It's an improvement over the shuttle in every way.
Incredibly low bar. The shuttle was an unmitigated disaster. If NASA really need their own heavy launch rocket so much they should just make more Saturn 5's. The SLS is an incredible waste of money.

accuses me of projection for calling him a faggot, then calls me a faggot

this is why you never amounted to anything croatia

>Bullshit. Obama canceled all manned spaceflight. Now we are another 8 years behind the curve.

That's wrong. Orion began flight tests in 2014:

nasa.gov/press/2014/december/nasa-s-new-orion-spacecraft-completes-first-spaceflight-test

And SLS, which it will ride upon, is in development and will be operational in 2018:

nasa.gov/centers/marshall/michoud/

The first manned SLS/Orion mission is slated for 2023, which is only five years off from the last revised Constellation schedule (which itself was already fifteen years behind schedule when it was canned). This isn't a "ban" at all, it's the development process for a new space rocket and vehicle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploration_Mission_2

It took us how many years to perfect our rocketry? The chinks have already made leaps in bounds, they'll catch up soon if we don't focus more on free market high tech.

What do you think NASA is doing at the moment? The Ares V is in most respects a modernized Saturn V. Only major difference is the control setup (more computers) and the lox engines.

No matter what, building the SLS was going to take ten years. NASA is in the hole they are in because they blew the later 00s building Ares I, which was a total failure as it could not even achieve orbit with Orion.

Looks like you understand how this shit work so until USA can teleport things into Europe you guys are in bad spot compared to them

>No matter what, building the SLS was going to take ten years.
Maybe they should have left it to someone else to build. What's the point of using that heap of shit when the Falcon Heavy is up and running?

>What can NASA do to realize that China obviously cannot be responsible for the space exploration of humanity?

what is with you space fags and your sci fi pipe dreams

what the fuck do you expect to be done in space?

nasa doesn't do much because there's fuck all to do other than send out probes every few years

So nothing to say about the white man China meme then? Ok
>croatia
UK education
>calls me a faggot
Because you're acting like one. I was just answering your question and then you started being a cunt because you clearly have something up your arse. Dont let the inferiority complex take contol next time buddy.

>It will also be almost entirely made useless by the Falcon Heavy, which didn't cost the taxpayer a dime to develop and will be something like 5-10% the cost to launch.
Man, I didn't know the difference was that extreme. Is Elon Musk the outright saviour of space travel?! How didn't it get commercialised sooner?

>what the fuck do you expect to be done in space?
More probes! Probes are awesome af.

Keeping control of their Muslims and niggers

You're the faggot Bosnia, now shut the fuck up.

can't you just trust me this one time bro?

I have the source, but it's gonna take me literally ages to dig it out

just this one time?

Right now (as in, this exact moment), there is no problem shipping anything to the USA from any part of the world. Any ship of any size can disembark from any city, and quickly route directly to the US. For comparison, Europe is limited by the Suez canal's size restrictions.

As for ground transportation, even if the well advertised "silk road" (ironic given that silk was very expensive, while nowadays everything from china is cheap) is built it would still impose size restrictions on what can be moved (that "size" being a 15m intermodal container). Even under ideal circumstances, the US retains the trade advantage.

ok i guess we could make some more probes

manned space missions are a waste though, i don't know why so many people want to spend insane amounts of money on unproductive manned missions that allow a select few nerds to play star trek

It was only some local council over in Western Australia.

Falcon Heavy isn't up and running yet, but is due to launch early next year.

I can understand NASA's temptation to build the SLS themselves, because who could know if SpaceX or anyone else would be successful in building an alternative?

It's still utterly shocking how overpriced the SLS development has been and how expensive the missions will be. Feels like they could have spent a fraction of that money in offering the development of their new heavy lift rocket to tender and let private companies figure out how best to build it.

> that allow a select few nerds to play star trek
That's pretty much all it is. But it's not nerds, it's word leaders.

It's just a willy waving contest. How can your country be great if you can't even send people into space? The ISS cost a trillion dollars to build, and is effectively completely useless.

relax, the space program is a hoax, nothing gonna crash onto zee Earth globe. NASA and its numerous foreign counterpart are all buddies and into the global deception.
So yeah basically I will be sitting on my thumbs and see how nothing gonna happen.
fuck off now.

yikes

>Trusting anyone on Cred Forums
Unlikely. But maybe Ill look it up sometime

>You're the faggot
Faggotry is not my country's passtime. Unlike yours clearly.
>now shut the fuck up
Make me you fucking chav

SLS Block I capability: 70 tons (63,502 kg) - roughly comparable to the Saturn 1b
SLS Block II capability: 130 tons (117,934 kg) - roughly comparable to the Saturn V

Falcon Heavy capability: 58 tons (53,000 kg)

NASA needs a rocket capable of putting men on the moon. SLS is capable of that, the Falcon Heavy is not.

Underrated.

PS. Mckinley's a fag.

the nerds i was referring to is the handful of astronauts that make it into space, but i do agree with you

>watch video of people on the ISS
yeah we do lots of science here, see this is some science stuff here and we're doing some more science over there, so anyways this is our toilet and where we eat check out this sick view out the cupola

Fuck off. The falcon heavy could do it easily. Worst case you need to do multiple launches and assemble shit in LEO.

It's still a 5% of the cost to launch it so who gives a fuck.

Also why not just make the Saturn V again instead of spending $400 billion on a giant turd?

Where the fuck do we settle and create a colony? None of the other planets are not inhabitable.
>Inb4 Mars
If Mars can sustain life, then why the fuck is no one attempting to send someone there?

>NASA needs a rocket capable of putting men on the moon
why?

fucking chinks already doing a colony drop and we haven't even invented mobile suits.

percent or nigger population, underwear hygiene in marts, average IQ

What's funny is they can do all that same science in an unmanned rocket+payload for like 1% the cost.

I guess it would be harder to study what happens to a human body in space for a year without a space station, but was information really worth a trillion dollars? Could have probably spent that money better somehow...

Space and the matrix are the new religions of liberals.

They still pretend to be atheist though, isn't it adorable?

Look at the popularity of the EM drive. Pop science has killed the science tific method in just a few decades of irresponsible marketing.

I still cannot believe how many reddit children will argue into the night that "we live in a simulation and it's not any more dumb than any of the other religions!"

That's a literal quote from a redditor.

>but recently it was decommissioned and the Chinese astronauts returned to the surface.

So an empty space station is being de-orbitted and you have a popular mechanics article speculating on all the rest

>If Mars can sustain life, then why the fuck is no one attempting to send someone there?
It can though. It can be geo engineered pretty well too.

wtb Skylon

That's normal, they used to be a third world country, they will catch up technologically, will they be able to surpass 1st world countries? Maybe yes, maybe not.

>why?

To put men on the moon.

uncontrolled deorbit. So not so great. Not really that big a deal either though.

>It's still utterly shocking how overpriced the SLS development has been

>Feels like they could have spent a fraction of that money in offering the development of their new heavy lift rocket to tender and let private companies figure out how best to build it.

This is how we ended up with the space shuttle, which was built by Pratt & Whitney (the boosters), Rockwell (the Orbiter), and Lockheed (the big orange tank). Companies are narrow sighted, they only care about what they can sell. And in 1980, NASA wanted "to do to space what the DC-9 did to air travel".

>>Now you do this.
that's us alright.

Popular mechanical has the same credulity as the history channel.

don't they generally only stay up for a few months? and didn't the russians already know all this from MIR for 1/1000th the cost?

very well said

Burn one and they'll build a dozen more. China didn't gain a billion people because they cry over spilled milk.

>to put men on the moon
why?

That's just it, they clearly aren't surpassing us. To the casual observer it might look like they are but they still can't actually compete.

The human race will extinct itself before we send anyone up there again

The moon landing was a farce, everyone knows it was done in a movie studio. The "astronauts" were all just actors.

No, the shuttle was designed by NASA. NASA decided what parts were needed and hired those companies to make them. The core concept of the shuttle was what was so fucking stupid.

>they only care about what they can sell.
Not actually a bad thing

>NASA wanted "to do to space what the DC-9 did to air travel".
Which was beyond retarded.

Why?

Inb4 "to mine the lunar rego lithium for helium 3 that is in concentrations of 50 parts per billion so we only need 130 million tons of ore for one ton of helium 3, like obviously that will result in net energy I watched a movie with Sam Rockwell about it."

Liberals can't even stomach the notion that we don't live in a simulation. They literally cannot face reality.

no user. The moon landings were real. I'm sorry.

>Fuck off. The falcon heavy could do it easily.

No, it cannot. It does not have the capacity for both a manned capsule and lander. No moon missions.

>Worst case you need to do multiple launches and assemble shit in LEO.

Yes, EXACTLY what NASA promised what the shuttle and ISS would do. It's also something the SLS is capable of, but the SLS can move larger components (ie parts to bases or mining equipment). SLS is useful for manned moon missions, the Falcon Heavy is not.

I remember hearing that they destroyed all the tooling for some reason. I am not sure if it is true.

>rego lithium

Fucking autocorrect. Regolith. Moon dirt.

They're staying Chinese while America is becoming less American

>No, it cannot. It does not have the capacity for both a manned capsule and lander. No moon missions.
which is irrelevent because no one wants to do manned moon missions because it serves no purpose

>Yes, EXACTLY what NASA promised what the shuttle and ISS would do.
Thank you for accepting that I am completely right.

>what the fuck do you expect to be done in space?
Survival of the species you retard.

pls don't breed. and the pic is for you

They destroyed all copies of the blueprints, because each nasal agency that destroyed theirs thought one of the others had saved it.

And yes they didn't maintain the tools for it that would be a tremendous waste of time and manpower.

The ICBM made the moon pointless.

>Survival of the species you retard.
care to elaborate what you mean by this?

>Also why not just make the Saturn V again instead of spending $400 billion on a giant turd?

That is essentially what SLS is, but again with updated computers, newer engines and a different fuel system. But it still takes ten years to develop it because that's how aerospace development works.

>That is essentially what SLS is, but again with updated computers, newer engines and a different fuel system.
So how about drop the updated computers, engines and fuel system and save the $400 billion?

You only believe space can save humanity because you saw it in science fiction, and then you go and find whatever vapid evidence supports your preconceived notion.

Running away to space shows how immature the proponents are, because it's an identical situation to running away to the circus because your parents want you to clean your room.

It's escapism, the liberal panacea.

That's Elon cuck's "explode while being fueled" rockets.

Budget rocketry is murder.

That's what you get with an Asian driver.

I didn't realise Elon built the Saturn V. Very interesting.

>The SLS is a waste
try the fucking space shuttle was a waste.

>Oh it looks a plane, but it takes off like a fucking rocket
>So . . It's just a rocket then . .
>Pfftt NO, idiot! it lands on a runway it's fully reusable
>But you have to replace 50% of the craft after it lands, along with all the external boosters . . .
>Jeeze! you're jut a Luddite who doesn't understand

fuck the space shuttle. we should have moved forward with pure rocket designs, and funded X-program/SKYLON/Aerospike on the side until they matured properly, which they would have done 10 years ago by now.

>The moon landing was a farce, everyone knows it was done in a movie studio. The "astronauts" were all just actors.
so tired of hearing this bullshit.

Speaking of murder, I'll never understand how the challenger disaster wasn't found to be murder.

Management were literally told the rocket would explode because it was too cold to launch. They just did it anyways because of pressure to meet deadlines knowing there were probably about to murder 6 people.

Shut up red button nip monkey

You are suggesting we cut costs to make a new rocket.

Cutting costs with rockets increases the chance that they will fail in operation.

So you are saying "men's lives are worth investigating the claim that science fiction is holy prophecy"

Just like how a man died to make the glorified roller coaster called space ship two.

After Apollo NASA put most of it's effort into learning how to make incredibly shit launch systems.

Clearly this is a capitalist conspiracy to undermine the achievements of the People's Republic of China.

>No, the shuttle was designed by NASA. NASA decided what parts were needed and hired those companies to make them.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

>In the spring of 1972 Lockheed Aircraft, McDonnell Douglas, Grumman, and North American Rockwell submitted proposals to build the shuttle. The NASA selection group thought that Lockheed's shuttle was too complex and too expensive, and the company had no experience with building manned spacecraft. McDonnell Douglas's was too expensive and had technical issues. Grumman had an excellent design which also seemed too expensive. North American's shuttle had the lowest cost and most realistic cost projections, its design was the easiest for ongoing maintenance, and the Apollo 13 accident involving North American's Command/Service Module demonstrated its experience with electrical system failures. NASA announced its choice of North American on 26 July 1972.[3]:429–432

NASA put out bids for the Shuttle Orbiter like they did with the Apollo and Mercury CSMs. NASA did not determine what parts to use, that was up to the manufacturer. All NASA did was ask for a manned spaceplane. While this is a fucking stupid idea, the private industry could have provided something not entirely stupid (ie modified 747 that would act as a booster for standard Saturn V upper stages) but did not because they were drinking the same kool aide.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_spacecraft_feasibility_study

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_design_process

fucking CHRYSLER (yes the car company) put in a proposal

NASA is incompetent and has ruined everything. Because of them, there's no way we'll have a colony, lagrangian or planetary, by the time everyone here is dead.

Nixon did that.

>certainty in things that have yet to transpire

That's called faith, you stupid liberal. Stop ruining science with your garbage yuppie logic.

what's your point then? That the Falcon Heavy is a LEO-only vehicle? Because it ain't doing manned moon missions.

Saturn V
>90% gross liftoff mass
>Lifts 91% of the payload
>=
>Greater payload to weight ratio
>Fucking 55 years old.

please someone tell me my math is off here. i really don;t want to believe we're this fucking far behind here.

This.

People don't realize that space x is nothing more than a subcontractor for a delivery vehicle. They're not ups, they're the company that makes trucks for ups.

>If Mars can sustain life, then why the fuck is no one attempting to send someone there?
we have the technology to send a manned mission or colonization mission to mars
the problem is money. to build a spaceship that can contain humans safely for the entire journey would cost hundreds of billions, if not trillions

>You are suggesting we cut costs to make a new rocket.
exactly

>Just like how a man died to make the glorified roller coaster called space ship two.
Stupid retard literally caused his own death. Pulled a "DO NOT PULL" lever he was told not to pull. Some test pilot.

Better a couple of astronauts die in a more economic rocket, than thousands of people die because they can't afford medical care because of the extra taxes they had to pay to cover the development and launch of that $400 billion peice of shit.

Building spacecraft is not that easy especially when Boeing (the main contractor) isn't interested in licensing it out again. And again, NASA wanted a different fuel system (Saturn V burned kerosene, SLS burns lox).

That Falcon Heavy can do a moon mission quite easily by assemling shti in space with 2 mission. Not hard.

>And again, NASA wanted a different fuel system (Saturn V burned kerosene, SLS burns lox).
totally worth $400 billion. Money well spent amirite.

>>Survival of the species you retard.
>care to elaborate what you mean by this?
We need to get a substantial % of humans off this planet to ensure our long term survival as a species.

What happens if a large asteroid slips up on us? Or a super volcano, or two erupt?

>and funded X-program/SKYLON/Aerospike on the side until they matured properly, which they would have done 10 years ago by now.

The USAF chose stealth over speed in the 70s. We are lucky to have the B-1.

The Black Ark falls.

This is what he warned about. Feb of 2017 I think? That's what he said at least. It will be carrying a plague unlike anything that has ever graced our existence.

He said that it will destroy almost all of europe. I did not want to believe. I did not think it was possible. Wow. He. Was. Right.

Yes, and so could the shuttle. But that never happened due to the cost and complexity of such a thing. It is not comparable to the Saturn V or SLS, which are capable of doing a manned moon shot in one launch.

My point is that the Falcon Heavy will not be doing manned moon missions. That is not what it is designed for, it's designed to make money. This means LEO shuttle flights and maybe the occasional probe.

Infrastructure, unfortunately.

that is not feasible though, why would we try to build shitty unsustainable colonies that require constant resupply from earth?

iwe don't have the ability to build a self sustaining colony with technology currently available

So, lets just stay here on this rock, and wait for another smaller rock to smack us in the temple?
Yea cool.

Is this something that actually troubles you user?

hows this for science dipshit

>the X-program was progressing marvelously and had already achieved what Virgin galactic just accomplished, but 55 years ago.
>SKYLON was ready to move to prototype in the early 2000's, but the cuck UK's had given up on it, inventor went to NASA with fully developed proposal but was ignored by the US due to shuttle program maintenance costs
>The Rocketdyne Linear Aerospike is fully functional, has been hot fired more than a dozen times and has already proven to be the lightest and most efficient rocket motor design ever conceived. it was axed because the project it was associated with ran out of funding to solve other, unrelated problems, and money was needed to keep the fucking space shuttle program together.

learn something about NASA before posting idiot.

Given that it means moon missions, yes it is money well spent.

>>"Ya'll"
>>Thinks honorary Aryans and chinkshits are the same

Your words are problematic in the current year+1

Kikes in the government want space exploration to be privatized. There isn't much we can do about that right now.

So you agree that the desire to fulfill science fiction is both immoral and homocidal?

SpaceX says that they can get 1kg to low earth orbit for $2200.

An average adult man weighs around 180 pounds.

Do the math and tell me how much money it would cost to ship 1% of the population of the earth to a space station in low earth orbit. I'll wait. Then reconsider any stupid idea to move humanity anywhere.

We don't have any of that technology. When there is a city of a million people in Antarctica, we will be close to having the technology for a sustainable Mars base.

But it is far easier to find economic justification for an antarctic city than there is for a Mars colony.

CHINESE BOOGEYMAN STRIKES AGAIN
China hasn't accomplished a single thing other than unethical medical experiments and industrializing their enormous population.

But they couldn't have handed the reigns to NASA? they were intending too anyway, the way I've heard it, it was shot down straight from the top.

Im not arguing on the B-1,it is revolutionary aircraft, and frankly I have issues with how that developement program has been (offically) abandoned (I don't fall for the aurora meme, but who knows), but X-programs were a separate issue by the mid 70's.

They're working on genetically modified superhumans while the US is stuck on 'muh ethics'.

>But that never happened due to the cost and complexity of such a thing.
My point exactly

>which are capable of doing a manned moon shot in one launch.
Who cares if it's in one shot or not. All that matters is what's cheaper.

>My point is that the Falcon Heavy will not be doing manned moon missions. That is not what it is designed for, it's designed to make money.
It's designed to lift heavy payloads. It makes money if the government pays for 2 missions to lift moon mission shit into space. Elon said before it can do a moon mission with 2 launches, so obviously a moon mission has been part of the design.

SLS is a heap of shit no one needs.

>"we live in a simulation and it's not any more dumb than any of the other religions!"
it's a possibility though

tell me how light knows whether to be a wave or a particle?

Falcon Heavy can go to the moon and cost jack shit to develop.

If their IQs are so high, why is everything they build so shit?

Have to start somewhere. Eventually all colony's become self sufficient, and tell the mother country to F off.

>he doesn't want to build a space empire
>he doesn't want mankind to be a type 1 civilization

No, it's not. You might as well say this is Middle-Earth and the sun is a fruit.

I can't tell you why light does that in a sufficient manner using just english, and if you knew the math involved, you wouldn't have asked that question.

I have this question too.

I always hear people say "China can do quality" but you look at everything they do, like their moon rover, and it fucking sucks. regardless of IQ, a country of 1.2 billion, you think they would be able to play statistics and find somebody worth a damn to build these things.

>It's designed to lift heavy payloads.
Yeah, and it can only lift a third of what the SLS can lift.

They tried to. The Space Shuttle exists because the USAF was involved with NASA at the time and wanted a space plane. This is why NASA even took the notion of a spaceplane seriously in the first place.

Also in the 1980s Reagan deregulated the airline industry, which is why it has stagnated so much since then. Airlines don't make money and cannot afford things like supersonic aircraft like they used to.

that's probably because of how convoluted bureaucracy is

Actually they were gigantic fucking niggers and detonated one of their shitty satellites with a missile.

So now theres a fuck ton of high speed debris in orbit, making everyone have to constantly track that shit to prevent death (hence why the ISS got titanium sheets to cover vital areas...)

Good job you slanty eyed niggers.

>Do the math and tell me how much money it would cost to ship 1% of the population of the earth to a space station in low earth orbit. I'll wait. Then reconsider any stupid idea to move humanity anywhere.
I'm not saying something like that would happen in a year or two. It would take hundreds of years. But it needs to start, and it is starting.

we could have had a much cooler ISS if we used the Saturn V to launch it

Please tell me it's all in a retrograde orbit centered at 120,000 meters up.

If it took hundreds of years thenow the birth rate alone would make it null and void.

Henry penny, the sky is not falling, and you cannot in any way prevent our eventual extinction. You've no reason to give a shit, you'll be dead in 50 years anyway.

You need to get off Cred Forums if you watched this live on tv old man.

why build a city in antartica? it's a frozen wasteland
at least with mars you'd get a city in a frozen wasteland on another planet

>he doesn't want to believe that eru illuvatar made the earth and that one day we will all travel to the halls of Mandos a to be reunited with the elves.

Ho ho my lad, you go my lad!

So the white race is selling out to asians and thats suppose to be good? Kill yourself OP

Also most of the debris burns in the atmosphere, you have a better chance of getting hit by a meteor.

K E S S L E R S Y N D R O M E
E
S
S
L
E
R

S
Y
N
D
R
O
M
E

>Who cares if it's in one shot or not. All that matters is what's cheaper.

See my point: cost AND complexity. Doing an orbital rendezvous then burning towards the moon is more complicated than just doing one burn. SpaceX also has no plans for a lander, either. But even IF they can solve all these problems, NASA can still put bigger things into space. That right there is what breaks it as it means NASA will never EVER choose the Falcon Heavy for moon missions. NASA will probably launch the ISS's replacement themselves as well, though SpaceX will be the supply shuttle for it.

>Elon said before it can do a moon mission with 2 launches, so obviously a moon mission has been part of the design.

And SLS can do it in one. The Falcon Heavy is not useful to them, especially as they look to develop larger crew modules (ie Skylab size) and heavier equipment (such as mining machines or refineries) into space.

Musk himself knows this, which is why the Falcon Heavy is designed to do LEO missions and probes, not manned moon missions.

It can't take people to the moon and back. That's the problem.

I believe this will become a serious issue in the not too distant future, much more so than asteroids and supervolcanos and whathaveyou. People consume too much (((media))).

replacing only 50% is surely better than replacing 100%

>and the Apollo 13 accident involving North American's Command/Service Module demonstrated its experience with electrical system failures.
wut?

they got the contract because something they built blew up?

mixing kilos and pounds, durrr

they cheat on exams and they steal patents and IP

have you heard of the double half silvered mirror experiment?

an australian uni managed to come up with a way of doing it(it was only hypothetical before) using coherent/decoherent lasers

essentially the out put is always wht is expected, a diffusion graph or a photon, and since each light "particale" always goes through both stages, how does it know which it is supposed to be?

I'll see if I can find the experiment for you

please note I'm not saying anything definite here, just admitting that it's one possible explanation

You need to make economic arguments. You can't just say "give me 10 trillion dollars or HUMANITY IS DOOOOOOMED!"

So, if you want a city on mars, you need to make an argument for a city in Antarctica, because whatever it is you want to do on Mars, it will be cheaper by far to do it in antarctica.

Oh and you do know that asteroids hit mars, right? And that planet has none oceans to absorb smaller impacts, so that even the most mild of calamity that could happen on earth would spell certain death if it happened on Mars?

The best retort you had was an error in my units?

I cannot for one second believe that you have the education to understand anything that happens at a quantum level. You probably think observation has something to do with consciousness.

You'll not fool me with complex terminology, Deepak.

scientificcomputing.com/news/2015/06/experiment-proves-reality-does-not-exist-until-it-measured

The bizarre nature of reality as laid out by quantum theory has survived another test, with scientists performing a famous experiment and proving that reality does not exist until it is measured.
Physicists at The Australian National University (ANU) have conducted John Wheeler's delayed-choice thought experiment, which involves a moving object that is given the choice to act like a particle or a wave. Wheeler's experiment then asks — at which point does the object decide?

Common sense says the object is either wave-like or particle-like, independent of how we measure it. But quantum physics predicts that whether you observe wave like behavior (interference) or particle behavior (no interference) depends only on how it is actually measured at the end of its journey. This is exactly what the research team found.

"It proves that measurement is everything. At the quantum level, reality does not exist if you are not looking at it," said Associate Professor Andrew Truscott from the ANU Research School of Physics and Engineering.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Archibald_Wheeler

Wheeler earned his doctorate at Johns Hopkins University under the supervision of Karl Herzfeld, and studied under Breit and Bohr on a National Research Council fellowship. In 1939 he teamed up with Bohr to write a series of papers using the liquid drop model to explain the mechanism of fission. During World War II, he worked with the Manhattan Project's Metallurgical Laboratory in Chicago, where he helped design nuclear reactors, and then at the Hanford Site in Richland, Washington, where he helped DuPont build them. He returned to Princeton after the war ended, but returned to government service to help design and build the hydrogen bomb in the early 1950s.
For most of his career, Wheeler was a professor at Princeton University

not a nobody!

well, paco escobar rivera rameriros... it's not me who you need to take it up with, but John Wheeler, one of the smartest physicists of the current era, almost revered by his peers

unfortunately he's dead now though

>they got the contract because something they built blew up?

failures that do not result in deaths or vehicle losses are considered victories, in terms of creating a set procedure for "crisis management". This is another reason why the shuttle sucks: if it fails it just blows up or burns up, no recovery or abort possible

But it is...and no, it is not the same as saying this is Middle-Earth and the Sun is a fruit. There is actually a pretty well thought out and logical argument behind simulation theory, and just because you don't want to believe something is a possibility doesn't mean it is not one.

I don't give a shit about some tabloid website.

Any argument you make for it is nonsensical escapism. You have no formal education in mathematics beyond calculus, so nothing you can say about quantum anything will ever mean a fucking thing.

>taking a quote so far out of context.

Oh, so Einstein disproved God by saying he does not play dice?

For fuck's sake, are you a refugee living in bongland? I cannot fathom how else you could be so easily duped.

Try actually learning quantum mechanics in a school before you parrot things you cannot understand.

you so mad

you have no idea what my educational background is

you are certainly not cleverer than Wheeler

at least read the paper that the ANU published before you dismiss things out of hand like a dogmatic robot

You expect me to stoop to your level of argument from authority? John wheeler is not qualified to make such declarative statements on reality, and you're fucking scum for using his corpse as a puppet for your own nonsense.

Philosophy can use sophistry to justify literally any position imaginable.

That's why in science we rely on experiment. Conduct an experiment to prove your hypothesis, I fucking dare you.

Until then, you're no better than the flat earther.

pssht

nothing personell kid

Nihilism is a childish philosophy, user.

>Conduct an experiment to prove your hypothesis
I linked you the experiment

you can choose to read about it and come to your own conclusion, or dogmatically refuse to read it on principal

your choice fagtron

>you have no idea what my educational background is

You have demonstrated that you have absolutely no concept of what observation is, what quantum mechanics is about, or what critical thinking is about.

Go ahead and proveven me wrong. What is is that causes the interference pattern to appear when you observe the particles in the double slit experiment.

Define observation. Good luck on your Google searches, you contemptible cunt.

don't make me go all cold steel on yo ass boi!

it's caused by the rules of the simulation, obviously

**teleports behind you **

I don't really get why you are getting so fucking enraged. I was going to accuse you of flat eather mentality from days past, automatically dismissing any idea or hypothesis that doesn't agree with your reality. Some day we will do experiments to prove one way or another, but that is going to require more computing power than we currently have.