FED happening possibly

msn.com/en-us/money/markets/all-eyes-on-the-fed-global-markets-lifted-by-bank-of-japan-policy-change/ar-BBwr49u

The Fed will announce its latest policy decision on Wednesday at 2 p.m. ET, with Fed Chair Janet Yellen briefing the media at 2:30 p.m. ET. Market consensus is for the central bank to hold its base rate in the 0.25-0.50 percent range and not lift again until December. CME Group's FedWatch Tool puts the probability of no rate change at 85 percent, with a 15 percent change of a hike to 0.50-0.75 percent.

> nytimes.com/2016/08/27/business/economy/janet-yellen-federal-reserve-interest-rates.html?_r=0

> forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?/sites/timworstall/2016/08/14/the-chance-the-federal-reserve-will-raise-rates-is-higher-than-the-market-thinks-maybe/&toURL=http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/08/14/the-chance-the-federal-reserve-will-raise-rates-is-higher-than-the-market-thinks-maybe/&refURL=https://www.google.be/&referrer=https://www.google.be/

> money.cnn.com/2016/08/26/news/economy/janet-yellen-federal-reserve-jackson-hole/

last rate hike happened last december

> google.com/finance?q=INDEXSP:.INX&ei=rXLiV4nuEoTrsgGzp5vIDQ

is Cred Forums ready for a real happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

tradingeconomics.com/united-states/interest-rate
tradingeconomics.com/spx:ind
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

literally nothing is happening

Yellen isn't going to hike rates before the election

Pol is always ready for a real happening. But it's not gonna happen.

>China is just waiting to drop their gold backed currency into the IMF basket.
>They have systematically devalued their currency over the last decade with counterfeit currency.
>They have stockpiled trillions in gold.
>They have turned the ICBC into a behemoth with ~4 trillion in assets.
>I'd expect it to happen in October just as shit picks up with the U.S. election leaks.
>Saudi Arabia will almost instantly drop the petrodollar and tie their oil exchange to the gold backed Yuan replacement.

So what's happening?

if the feds raise the Interest rate, we will see a stock market crash. Perhaps no 2008 crash but always a -10-15% thing

No. They won't fuck with Obongo's legacy. They will keep rates low until Trump takes office, then squeeze the money supply to create a correction.

Oh that's okay cause I watched all the bank robber movies like the John Dillginger so I know how to rob a bank if I have to

How will an interest rate rise cause the stock market crash?
If they boost rates, that's a bullish signal for USD. That means bullish for the Dow and S&P.
Stop spreading shit.

Nothing mate, relax.
No crash will happen, as much as these aspies dream it, it won't (at the moment).
The system, has better fail safes put in place now.
Brixit would've destroyed the market if these practices weren't in-place.
A rate hike for US is a good thing for the whole global economy.

They will rise rates
>Early Christmas when lambs panic and cities burn

Silver is off to a great start after this news.

*sigh* don't talk economics if you haven't got a degree in it

If the I-rates go up that would be an incentive to save your money on a regular savings account. Thus the demand of stocks & bonds fall. When the demand falls while the supply stays unchanged you get a drop in prices leading bear market and a possible crash.

If the I-rates drop on the other hand just saving on a normal savings account isn't a great way of holding together your money (due inflation). Thus people starts buying stocks & bonds. The demand grows. If supply just stays the same than you will see a rise in stock prices a bull market.

You'd argue that a rise of 0.25% is worth shit but after the minor crash in last december it is easy to see that just a small raise like 0.25% is enough to disturb the market.

I don't understand the economy but I'll tell you what it seems like beer has gotten more expensive over the years I remember paying a buck for a pint now it's like almost 5 dollars and I think that's ridickulus

Ultimately it would be a good thing for rate hikes to happen, but as you have correctly pointed out, a correction would be immanent. Biting the bullet and allowing the market to correct itself isn't something they want right now. With this election hinging on independent voters it would hand the election to Trump as a referendum on the current administration. Independent voters care about two things above all else: national security and economic prospects. Most don't know about the underlying process, but that's beside the point.

Sorry but I'll talk economics without a degree.

You really think a .25 hike will cause people to want to invest their money in a saving account? Is this what your degree taught you?

The demand for bonds is already incredibly low. Only AUS and NZD are worth anything.
This is the reason the stock market is so high.
No one's putting money into bonds so it's all been flowing into stocks.

I admit a correction is on the horizon. However I highly doubt the FED's decision, regardless of direction, will cause any collapse.

I pointed out that a hike of 0.25% did exactly what I stated. You have empirical evidence and yet you completely deny it

Yeah I feel ya man. Down here it's like $8-12 for a pint.

Inflation is a natural effect of a capitalist economy. Our wages are meant to rise in sympathy with inflation.

They don't though.

>Yellen isn't going to hike rates before the election

she did promise to hike the overnight rate this spring

but she has lied before

holy shit is that deep blue spot up north where the Canadians are smuggling all the drugs in?

i-rate
tradingeconomics.com/united-states/interest-rate

S&P 500
tradingeconomics.com/spx:ind

> muhmuh as if a rise of only 0.25% would instigate a market correction

>No crash will happen,

every time the president changes there is a major crash, either right before the election or right after, for the past 20 years anyway

dubs of truth haha

I don't doubt that it does, but to what degree.
A hike from .5 to .75 is not going to cause a flood of investment.

I had no idea that Michigan as a whole got hit that hard over the years.

for fuck sake aussie...

just go to the beach or something, eat a banana

Strength of the dollar and the stock market are inversely correlated in nominal terms.

They have better fail safes in place now though.
After Brixit the futures market was in complete free fall. Seriously like near -10% drops.
Yet look we're all still here, holding some money.

I make enough money from makin moonshine and trappin but I think I gots to start growing tobaca or something for my high spending habits because I am a big important man in my country

I don't think the same regulatory body making action really has any potential to change that trend, I hope I'm wrong but my eyes will stay watchful on the derivatives for the I told you so moment coming up in the next year

Yeah nah. Already done both those things today.

do you have a website for selling white lightning?

you should get into anything on the DEA schedule 1 list, theres money in them varmints

What's that?

white lightning = high test moonshine made in the hills of Tennessee, more than a tiny bit will make your nervous system go out for a day or 2 so you can't walk so be careful

No what's a dea

oh, don't worry sounds like they don't dare make an appearance in your county, group of jack booted thugs that go around collecting taxes from minorities who don't pay the vig and to give people calm that somebody is doing something about the fact that their kids are all fucking up on heroin, even though they don't do shit

but the lists of substances they make are gold for figuring out whats gonna make money

>Amero will happen in 2017

I pay my taxes though
Been mailing it to the Congress people for the past 20 years