What does Cred Forums think of the Mensa community? Do you know someone who belongs there?

What does Cred Forums think of the Mensa community? Do you know someone who belongs there?

I have a friend who is in that group and i once went to have a dinner to a mensa meeting. They all worked for large and international companies and they were quite leftist. That's the general impression that they gave me.

>and i once went to have a dinner to a mensa meeting
Lies. Non-members are not allowed into Mensa meetings.

Saged for dishonesty.

mensa means stupid woman in spanish, you know that

I got an IQ of 134 in a Mensa test. I have an invitation letter on my table.

figure out how to take advantage of your social network if you have interaction with high IQ people, dumbass

I'm a member, but have never been to any meetings. Briefly hung out on forums, but it was mostly people humble bragging about how clever they are, kind of like how I am now. Feels a bit like having a club for tall people.

>claiming to have it on his table
>not posting a picture

Back when I was a smug high schooler I took the test and got in

It's a wankfest of people who don't actually do much but are smug about their IQ

High school me loved it but not I just look at it and my past self with disdain for being so cocky without doing anything in life

>a high IQ society
>called "Mensa"

My sides.

Nice. How did the Mensa test compare to other IQ tests you may have taken online?

I have a friend with a tested 156 IQ and she thinks Mensa is just a huge circlejerk. She's red pilled as fuck too so that may have something to do with it.

Very nice but are you jewish and using your smarts to collect shekels?

Theyr a bunch a ree-tards

I usually get ~140, but I don't see the point in joining such an organization beside being listed as one of those who'll go first on the day of rope.

What do they actually do? Is it a huge circlejerk or are they actually active in the real world.

>she
If any of that is true, I hope you put a fucking baby in her. You owe it to your children.

it is exactly as says. Mensa does nothing but talk about how smart they are. Most of the conversations go something like 'Wouldn't it be nice if X were Y instead?' and never putting an iota of thought of how to do it, let alone trying to understand why X is X and not Y

there are people whose entire sense of self worth is based on being in Mensa. its just as large a red flag as facial tattoos, daddy issues and anime avatars

>What do they actually do?
Nothing. It literally has no other purpose but to serve as a giant circlejerk.
I never took the test but I wouldn't join even if I could.

Pic related, apparently

Lel in Spain we don't use that word but it's good to know it

My brother is a member so some good people are members, but most of them are arrogant and the high IQ is the only thing they have.

kek

The Kraut made all you faggots hop on his weinersnitchel with ease.

I was a member. I took the test for fun. I never went to a meeting and eventually stopped paying my dues.

I'd get the newsletter with pictures of the meetings and get togethers and they turned me off so I never went. Looked like a lot of artsy alternative weirdos and not the kind of people I like to be around.

Came here to post this.

there is nothing to be gained there, it's a circlejerk

i mean we're both in the same major (physics) and are both interested in the theoretical portion so could happen. she seems to think we have similar IQ's (i've never had mine tested) as we can both explain concepts to each other in ways that many others may not understand.

I'm not reading any greentexts yet, you fucking faggots. Otherwise, thanks for the hollow-knuckled character assassination though. Bunch of whispy, toothless gossips.

I am a member and have been to a few meetings in different areas. My locality up by Chicago was mostly an excuse for autists to get together and play board games. Enjoyable enough. In DC, nothing is Metro-accessible and meetings are mostly old liberals circle-jerking and talking about old-people things like grandchildren (though I didn't go to too many in DC). It really just depends on the people in your local area.

IQ146 here. If these faggots wanted to do something, they woukd have power or political control. Normie tier waste of intellectual power, they just want your scheckles.

They tried to recruit me when I was like 12 because I scored off the charts (z>3.1) on an IQ test. I wasn't interested.

It took about 90 minutes and was pretty easy for me. There were a memory exercise, a calculation one, a language one, a logic one and some more. But it is quite comparable to the online tests I took.

Pure German.

I also don't really see an advantage in joining.

I use to be a part of it in high school.
Just a circle jerk for "geniuses" mostly.

Mensa is full of mensos.

you know what to do

/Thread

Aww, that actually sounds kinda nice user. I've had relationships like that, where it feels like you're speaking a completely different language with one other person.

Yeah, I'd reproduce if possible. Future generations will thank you.