Why don't millenials work min wage?

Is it really too little to live on?

Or are millenials just entitled brats?

I used to work minimum wage and could afford a cellphone, used car, groceries and apartment + have drinking money

Seriously what's wrong with millenials

the problem with millenials is the baby boomers...

cellphone: 700 bux
car: 100 thousand $
apartment: a million dollars and more

nice b8

Not where u live m8

cellphone : prepaid
car : $2000 usd
apt: $700/month

Inflation goes up while wages stay the same. The minimum wage needs to be adjusted relative to the value of the dollar. That being said, it's almost impossible to live on minimum wage unless you're living in an apartment that's under $500/month.

a fucking leaf

l2 budget burger

Because melenials took out debt on loans and credit cards when they were 18 because they were told their social studies degree (or any degree) would guarantee them at good salary. Instead they're on minimum wage which is liveable, but not when your crippled with debt before you've even hit 21.

They are literally wage slaves and it's arguably not even their fault

I'm one apart of one of the first waves of generation z to hit college campuses. We starting to blow minds already I. Our intro Education class

Are you autistic?

You can live on minimum wage, but you can't reach the standard of living with the current minimum.

Zero-hour and low-hour contracts have taken root in all the min. wage jobs. Speaking from where I live, if I could get a full-time job at minimum wage I'd be happy. Instead I'm stuck working on a zero-hour contract because the alternative is being unemployed.

To get a mortgage or rent, you need a minimum level of guaranteed income, and if you don't have that minimum contracted income, you're up shit creek, even if realistically you work 30+ hours a week.

You're a fucking retard that needs to get a basic grasp of economics, Jesus fuckin Christ. Why don't we just print off more money and give it to poor people, you fucking embarrassment.

As a millennial, it's purely our fault. We get cellphones with data plans we can't afford. We seem to think we need a new car at 200$ bi-weekly. We "don't have time to cook" so we spend 20$ a day on fast food. We all hide behind screens and never meet anyone, so our idea of socializing is blowing 100$ at the club.
Long story short, we're fucking entitled. I make barely anything and I manage to live just fuckin peachy. I got a job I wasn't qualified for by actually going to the place and handing in a resume in person instead of spamming resumes online. I bought a junker that needed a new alternator for 400$. I don't drink, I'm quitting smoking because it's a fucking waste of money (15$ a pack here) and time. I stopped eating fast food and actually do meal prep on the weekends. I don't spend stupid money on phone games. The list goes fucking on and on.

hi torontofag

Good job leaf.

t. Bernie

>Raise the minimum wage relative to the value of the dollar

KEK

learn how inflation works cuck

>Starting to blow minds already

so much kek

You naive little turd. You have no idea how the world works. You grew up on ipads.

>push a button and it works

>I live like shit just fine so therefore everyone who wants their lives to improve is an entitled brat

Where do Leafs get the balls to act so crabby?

>Is it really too little to live on?
You're not supposed to live on minimum wage. It is intended for new, unskilled entrants into the workforce. Not surprisingly, over half the people who make minimum wage are under the age of 25.

Millennials want a fulfilling job working in the field they got their degree in. If they can't make a living as hip hop dance instructors, professional feminists, or professional marxism advocates, then they'd rather starve.

Actually you have it completely wrong

Gen X fucked millennials.

Gen X were the ones buying houses back in 2006 and taking out loans against them until their variable interest rates sky rocketed and they couldn't pay their mortgages. The baby boomers who had all their money in mutual funds that had these Gen X cucks' mortgages lost all their retirement money and were forced to stay in the workforce. Millennials whom were supposed to start their careers after college were delayed entry into the marketplace.

Gen X fucked us. Not boomers.

Ha! I wish. Price of living is way more damn expensive where I live near DC. Gotta pay at least $1000/month for a shitty one bedroom apartment.

California:

>Basic Monthly Expenses

>Rent: 450
>Electricity/Gas: 50-80 (assuming you're on the low income care package and dont use much ac/heating)
>Garbage, Landscaping, water (if not included with rent): 30-100
>Internet:80-100
>Groceries: 100-200
>Insurance: 75-150
>Gas: 100-200 (unless you don't drive much and/or have efficient car)
>Cellphone: 30-80

This is assuming you don't have monthly car payments, debts, extra bills, etc.

Majority of places to rent need a deposit and sometimes first and/or last months rent in advance.

>salary on minimum wage: 1200-1600. Full time.

Then enters tuition and related costs if you're going to school without federal aide or someone elses money.

I love how having a flat screen TV, high-speed internet, A Macbook, and iPhone with a data plan is consider a "standard"

>living on minimum wage

how to spot a subhuman ape

Shits costy in the USA. I pretty much spend most of my money on rent and meat for my cats because jobs here are few and they dont wanna hire someone who is getting they're GED

You realize that no one feels bad for you when you live in Communist California

I don't think you have a good grasp of what housing is like right now senpai. I live in LA county and it just isn't possible to live here on minimum wage. You need like four room mates to survive in a 2bed 1bath apartment.

Yes because we all chose to live here and have family in other states

On the bright side, if you actually make it here, and become successful (there's alot of competition but also alot of opportunity), you do so knowing you did it on hard mode. You're used to challenges and can overcome them easier than others. Unless you have rich parents

la losers detected

Inflation and wage stagnation. It's not that they don't work it's just that $7.25/hr doesn't go as far as it used to.

ROFL MINIMUM WAGE IN USA IS 7.25???

IN CANADA IT'S $12

G E T C U C K E D

E

T

C

U

C

K

E

D

Rent:450

No. Try 1400 minimum in California unless you live in a ghetto, then you need a 500 dollar hand gun and health insurance for when you get shot.

>renting
Yep, confirmed for leaf.

>l2 budget burger
>rents an apartment

I should've kept reading your stupid comments before my reply.

Steve-o looks like he would've been fun to hang out with in high school.

What's a starter home cost in Canada?

What's that? You can't even buy a home within 3 hours of any city where there are even mild economic prospects for less than 700,000 dollars?

But thank God for the minimum wage and rent slavery am-I-right?

>living with mommy and daddy as opposed to renting a 1 bedroom shag pad
>ameriKEK

Saskatchewan faggot. Git gud.
Thanks. It hasn't been easy making changes, but man cannot remake himself without suffering.
It's called appreciating what you have, sorry your parents raised such a hollow human being. The only way for your family and thus your legacy to move up is to make sacrifices for your future generations. My family has been moving up every generation, and it wouldn't have happened if we took shit for granted. Now go shit in the aisle, you scooterstuck faggot.
>I'm right cause I made a completely irrelevant post
Gen X / Boomers have nothing to do with it. The reason college grads can't get a job is because arts degrees are fucking useless. If anything, millenials are fucked because their parents taught them "do whatever makes you happy."

>Appreciate what you have, goy! There are no outside circumstances that affect your life, just work harder! Good goyim!

Meh, I think most of us have higher standards. Also, we were never taught the "skill" that make us valuable employees. Finally, most of us are without nepotism.

I majored in chemistry and even got my research published, but did not do an internship because no one told me to, and research seemed better for the resume. Then, after graduation, I got rejected from every science job including internships. Still, I got some restaurant/retail offers for 10.50 / hr. Anyway, I don't see myself getting into a position with upward mobility in the USA without a massive overhaul, so I'm going to live where I want to. Here's hoping to becoming an English teacher in Japan in 2017. I might even go to China for upward mobility if Asia is what I think it is.

>Is it really too little to live on?
In most places

>Or are millenials just entitled brats?
But mostly this.

They'd rather have no money and no job and mooch foodstamps and welfare than actually work for any kind of value.

You, as a person, are the only constant in your life. So yes, outside circumstances don't mean shit as long as you have willpower. But keep blaming others for your shit life, cause if something goes wrong it's DA JOOS amirite?
Jews would want you to live outside your means and be dissatisfied, so that you put yourself into debt buying things you can't afford. Do you even into interest brah?

Anyone else wanna make stupid fucking justifications for why my generation is shit?

>graduate university
>spend the next two years looking for work, any work - mostly minimum wage
>no responses
>learn that many low rung businesses pass over local youth to import temporary foreign workers

Gee

It's like textbook corporate propaganda

Yeah I have a lot of Canadian friends and it's basically the same story everywhere. Most people still living at home, the few that have good jobs were exceptionally well educated and connected, the rest are in permanent limbo, basically waiting for their parents to die or the economy to collapse facilitating a fundamental change in the labor market.

Good goyim! Stay where you are and NEVER question anyone but yourself! You wouldn't want to be an entitled millenial, would you?

>Seriously what's wrong with millenials
They were taught not to value themselves and they do not have the skills to make a productive and happy life in this world.

Meh.

Where I live, my mortgage is $850 a month. About half the price as the rent in the surrounding area.

My vehicle cost me $30k brand new, which is roughly $120 a month. Granted, this could probably be eliminated by living in a city.

Phone is $50 a month for a tossaway.

Food is roughly $80 a week, which is $320 a month.

Obamacare is $120 a month for a white male.

Barring the truck, it's $1340 a month to simply get by where I live. Minimum wage is $7.25

That equates to about 46 hours of work without taxes.

Taxes at the lowest bracket in my area are around 5% for Federal Tax, 8% for FICA, and 3.25% for state, with 2% for local.

I'd have to work around 55-60 hours a week to get what I need just to scrape by in my area. So is it possible? Absolutely. I did it for 5 years. Is it fun? Nope. Can you go to college? Nope. Can you afford anything like internet or going out to the bar once a week? Nah.

I think the main reason they do this is that the young people do not have urgent bills. So, while the person with a mortgage, car payment, and/or child support needs to have the money on time, young people are not in danger of immediate prison/repossession. Because this threat is not always hanging over their heads, young people are liable to opt out of work where they are not treated like people and with no upward potential to move on from that job after proving their worth on the lower rungs.

What a fantastic life. Just like mine, makes me want to commit suicide. Life is so much fun :).

>university degree, probably in fucking history or some useless shit
>no responses, probably from online applications instead of actually walking in and making sure they let you know
>Yes goyim, you deserve the world, put yourself in debt for things you don't need, you don't want your friends to think you're some sort of loser do you?
I can do that shit too faggot, grow a pair.
>corporate propaganda
>muh corporations are ebil meme
How do you think corporations got so big fucktard? Do you honestly think no hard work was put into the business? Do you think they just spring up overnight? It's called capitalism you fuckin commie, go take a helicopter ride.

Wage is the value of your labour, stop blaming others because you have no fuckin marketable skills.

I just said fuck it one day. Went homeless for a year or two and learned how to be a blacksmith. Did that, earned cash, made some dosh on stocks and now I just NEET around all day.

I wish I could help with money or advice bro. Truth is that I'm dumb and incredibly lucky, and I hit the genetic lottery as well as a more literal one.

I know lots of millenials who purposely work part time so they can get more food stamp money

There are very few minimum wage jobs with any possibility of advancement. The idea of starting on the factory floor and working up to executive level has been invalid for 40 years or more.

Depends where you live. Purchasing Power is not the same around the country. With the money it would take to live in a cuckshed in San Francisco, you could live like a king in Nebraska.

Can you live on minimum wage? Yes. Will you enjoy living on minimum wage? No. Can you have a family on minimum wage? No. Will you ever be able to advance on minimum wage? No.

Globalists own everything. Now stop making these same threads over and over, you dip.

Top kek, I bet you unironically call other people brainwashed

First, "I know some guys" isn't very good evidence for anything. Second, isn't that a sign that the minimum wage is too low - people are better served leeching off the system than they are working full time?