We all have them

Post terrible weapons used by your military.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasa_(ship)
messkits.wordpress.com/tag/finnish-armed-forces/
youtube.com/watch?v=RVBcChCEsOE
youtube.com/watch?v=1CjndIiZyJo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM_0hRTSiA
liveleak.com/view?i=146_1443770825
youtube.com/watch?v=JNqc6fz4xyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks like shoe spoon from Chernobyl.

Fine ill post the abo version then

Nice

I would but i can't

Alot of Australians actually make there own guns, like fallout 4 shit. Highly illegal tho

image swap?

oops

idk what happened to the thumbnail i just saved it of google

Never had a shitty weapon.

is that why you dont defend yourselves from muslims raping your women and children?

u sure about that?

if I recall correctly, the Ross rifle wasn't that bad of a design. The biggest design flaw was that the bolt could be installed wrong, and you would risk the rifle firing out of battery and the bolt shooting straight out the back. That's the only thing I know, don't know if it had issues with dust and dirt in the trenches or whatever

I don't know of any terrible weapon my coutnry has used, but there were literally a dozen or more variants of the same rifle in service simultaneously, with different units and branches, up until the end of WW2 when they were genreally replaced with Garands. The problem was it was just a logistical nightmare when the artillery, cavalry, navy, army etc. all had slightly different rifles and carbines when it could have been incredibly simplified, like the Germans just issued the 98K to practically every soldier for most of the war.

>Post terrible weapons used by your military.
K

Wrong

>implying

It was heavy but not shitty.

I know you nu-male scandi """""""""men""""""""" would have a hard time carrying that around all day but not so for a real man.

BAR isnt bad
Its not the fucking M-14

fuck you. BARs are based

Kek

>ITS SELF CLEANING GOY I SWEAR

Oh really?
We don't?
I didn't know that. It's almost as if everything you have learned about sweden, comes from memes

What's wrong with the M-14?

Also most of our more modern weapons get a reputation for being crap because our military uses them for-fucking-ever with hardly maintenance until they become so unreliable they are forced to replace them. See: Vietnam-era M-16, Beretta M9.

Ross Rifle was a perfectly good gun that didn't handle mud saturation well.

It's fundamental pitfalls are a meme.

That is the M16A1, you can tell from the forward assist. The Original M16 (No Forward Assist) was the one perceived to be self-cleaning

Wrong. The Springfield Trapdoor and the Krag Jorgensen were both terrible. Fucking .45-70 lever action hunting rifles were superior to both. The US didn't get a good standard infantry rifle until the M1903 got rechambered for .30-06.

>shitty weapon
>after like a week all the problems were fixed, got cleaning kits and the right kind of powder in the ammo and it's been the best gun of all time ever since

>even replying to fucking leafs

Damn greatest ally, not cool man.

The Springfield Trapdoor was decent for its time in the 1870s

Thats a selfmade Chechen weapon. Imagine, Chechens fucked Russia with these weapons in the First War

That wasn't a bad rifle. They just used copper for a while before they switched to brass.

>What's wrong with the M-14?
The M14/M1A is eternal flame bait for gun owners. People seem to love it or hate it without a lot of in between.

Whats bad about the Krag? It has one of the nicer bolt actions I've ever cycled.

The BAR was cutting edge in 1918. It was obsolete by WWII, but pretty much every country, including Germany, used some number of weapons that were obsolete in WWII, and it still got the job done. Hell even now modern militaries still have some amount of obsolete shit. It costs way too much money to constantly stay on the bleeding edge of technology, and small arms are usually last on the list of shit to upgrade, since they're not the primary war winners.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasa_(ship)
>Vasa (or Wasa)[2] is a Swedish warship built between 1626 and 1628. The ship foundered after sailing about 1,300 m (1,400 yd) into her maiden voyage on 10 August 1628.

What was wrong with the Springfield?

>he doesn't know that all the issues of the M16 had been fixed by the time the M16A1 came out
lol? The M16A1 was the product of what they learned from the failures of the earlier versions during the Vietnam war.
Got it right mostly, but technically one part of the M16 *is* 'self cleaning' and that'd be the gas tube, because the gas can not expand enough inside the gas tube to cause significant fouling there, it just blows it all out through the bolt carrier where it can be, and has to be cleaned. And shit, the bolt carrier group really is a bitch to clean but ARs can run pretty dirty

Hahahaha holy shiiieeettt thats funny

is there something wrong with that?

bro...

Don't you maple niggers use this gun platform.

>Military made that myth up
>didn't issue cleaning kits
>loaded cartridges up with old surplus shitty powder made for like artillary or some such shit

"WHY YOUR RIFLE NO WORK STONER!? YOU ARE A HACK!"

Yea just used it as an example, a tradie i used to work with made this one and got charged

is that a chauchat gone sexual?

Well that's a ship. Not a weapon.
Yes it is. Because is miss leading. No one I know in sweden like immigrants. Everyone i know including my entire family is right wingers.
Sweden being a leftie people is a meme.

>Heavy as shit and very big so it was unreliable in the jungles of nam
>Early versions of the m14 were full auto and the recoil was bat shit crazy and it was uncontrollable, got to the point where they made it semi auto only

it's beautiful though, do you know where, if anywhere, it's displayed?

this is some ww2 tier shit that is still in use

No wonder it took 600 years to get rid of the fuckers

looks like a french lebel from wwi desu

t.noguns

you don't now shit dude id fucking embarrass you in front of your friends if you started talking out of your ass like that IRL, you don't know shit dude,FUCK YOU

These. They're fucking disgusting and should never ever be used by any army ever in the world. Their primary use is to maim animals and children and to make large areas of land completely unusable for the future.Fuck land mines.

>That wasn't a bad rifle.
Not in 1873, but by the 1890s when Europeans were using Mausers, Lebels, Mosin Nagants, etc. it was horribly outdated. Teddy Roosevelt got pissed that Mausers were better than our guns, so we ripped off the Mauser action for the M1903. It was such a direct ripoff the government was found guilty of patent infringement and we were paying licensing fees to the Germans until WWI.

The Krag Jorgenson was a nice action and fairly accurate, but it was held back by the terrible .30-40 cartridge. Similarly, most of the contemporary hate for the Springfield Trapdoor is that their continued existence means that modern .45-70 loadings are watered down crap compared to what modern rifles can do with the caliber. That means that people with Marlin 1895s and Ruger No.1s need to hand load, which is time consuming.

The only time the US made nuggets was on contract for the Tsar during WWI, just like the Winchester 1895 lever guns in 7.62x54r. It was never a standard infantry weapon.

probably the magazine being of an obsolete and slow to load design
it was incredibly obsolete by 1890, when Europe had has bolt action rifles since the 1870s and smokeless powder since 1885
it's the american chauchat which was shit because they rechambered it to .30-06 and it didn't work, the french one was actually okay

Negative nigger. They were both actually really good rifles. Again, just fucking obsolete. That was actually the fault of the military though because they couldn't get past their gay ass "EVERY SOLDIER IS RIFLE MAN! NO NEED FOR REPEATING GUNS! SINGLE SHOT ONLY! WE ARE NOT FAGGOTS THAT USE REPEATING ARMS LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD DOES!"

cuck

>they couldn't get past their gay ass "EVERY SOLDIER IS RIFLE MAN!
I think the marines are still trying to excise that idiocy from the corps.

>small arms are usually last on the list of shit to upgrade, since they're not the primary war winners.

So, if I say "guns: can't win with them, can't win without them", is that true?

The Vasa museum in Stockholm

Recioless rifles are pretty fucking good finland

Explain why it's a good idea to transform territory into unusable space for a century subsequent to the laying of land mines. Explain why kids should get their legs blown off. Explain why the US refuses to sign protocols because it wants an exception for the Korean Peninsula. Explain how military idiots often lack foresight to think through the consequences of their campaigns for the future.

thanks user, nice digits

is that a SPG 9 on wheels

>tfw nordcuck couldn't handle carrying a BAR for even a 5 mile hile
>tfw a 19 year old Marine fights through two Pacific War campaigns with one and removes rice

BAR is based, heard the used to send BAR gunners with flamethrowers so they can mow the burning japs running out of their holes down, blowtorch and corkscrew

All our weapon is good

messkits.wordpress.com/tag/finnish-armed-forces/

Lusikka-Haarukkamysteeri

>yourselves

Our worst weapon ...... Wait the jews' worst weapon against us

I'd say so. You can't really win a war without boots on the ground to actually hold territory (in my opinion since I know someone will try to debate this), but the individual soldier also equates to diddly dick when we're talking about naval and air supremacy and ICBMs. Cutting edge bombers, fighters and carriers are much more important than spending millions to field a rifle to replace one that's good enough. That's why we still haven't dropped the M-16 even after so many trials for a new gun.

>Explain why it's a good idea to transform territory into unusable space
That's literally what mines are for. You lay minefields so that enemy infantry and vehicles can't cross that territory without getting blown the fuck up.
>Explain why the US refuses to sign protocols because it wants an exception for the Korean Peninsula.
That minefield is half the reason we don't have regular probing raids of norks coming across the DMZ. It saves American and South Korean lives, and will stay there until the norks are gone.
>Explain how military idiots often lack foresight to think through the consequences of their campaigns for the future.
That's not the military's job. Their job is to win the damn war. The civilian governments in place after the fact can clean up.

None, America has only the best equipment available.

>uses them for-fucking-ever
>Vietnam-era M-16
>XM16E1

>Springfield trapdoor
>bad

DELET THIS SHIT RIGHT NOW

FUCKING DELET NOW
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well there's a solution between BAN ALL LAND MINES and allow them all pell mell. We don't need to sign away our sovereignty to a foreigjn body by agreeing to not use land mines then if we do use them put ourselves at risk of bad PR and being dragged to some bullshit Int-law system.

>The civilian governments in place after the fact can clean up.
Land mines are almost impossible to clean up. This is the issue. They keep destroying kids for decades and decades after they are laid. This is why the technology is evil.

Based ameribro

>vodka is main weapon

worked in ukraine

>pitfalls are a meme

You wanna say that vodka is bad or something?

>the french one was actually okay

Ok, did not hear that one before. Its almost a memeweapon.

Ah I see, thanks

More should do that and then overthrow their shit tier pussy government

Only real men can handle the M14. Keep your pussy AR, cuck

Post more cute soldier girls

Noooooooo dont say this

The trapdoor was so goddamn slow and useless that it made Indian bows and arrows competitive against our soldiers on the frontier. Custer would have survived the Little Bighorn if his soldiers had repeating rifles and carbines.

Damn ice cold

american made vodka is trash

R-Rhodesians never die, am i right? ;_;

Yeah, aside from the AVT-40.

You ever seen what a BAR can do? It can shoot people through a tree and keep going.

8mm lebel is more a meme cartridge than the 8mm chauchat a meme weapon. It tried its hardest!

A gun designed to be shitty, and was in fact, so shitty that no country wanted to buy any. Even though they were dirt cheap

The only reason U.S. didn't sign the Anti-Land Mine treaty was so we could keep using them along the Korean DMZ.

Pretty much. The early defects with the AR15 came about as a result of government stupidity.

Ball powder was used instead of stick powder for the ammunition, no cleaning kits were issued, and, most importantly, the early production rifles did not have chrome plated chambers. The latter of which probably exacerbated all of the problems with the ball powder and lack of cleaning. On top of the humid jungle environment the troops were deployed in.

Those three issues were dealt with after a year or two then they became a fairly beloved rifle among most troops.

whats allepo?

That fucker would shoot through a tree!

3DD

All you had to do was throw a round in the chamber. how is that slow compared to a musket?

>A gun designed to be shitty, and was in fact, so shitty that no country wanted to buy any. Even though they were dirt cheap

The weren't mant to be sold. They were dropped in German occupied countries in WWI.

The sole purpose was so that it was used to kill a German at close range (body contact), and steal HIS weapon.

They were air dropped. They were never sold.

Was going to post the exact fuckin picture

youtube.com/watch?v=RVBcChCEsOE

>mfw the US fucked up in not supporting Rhodesia and South Africa

But Rhodesia went all America on you guys and Britain actively tried to show them the consequences.

There can't be any love lost between colonizer and rebel colony right?

Maybe one more!

>abloo bloo bloo mines are bad m'kay
Nigga you gays as fuck. If you don't want to have do deal with shit like landmines and other UXO, don't get into a fucking war.

The British government and the British people aren't necessarily of the same mindset or beliefs. Same with pretty much every country.

This was more of a psychological terror weapon. Just the idea of millions of concealable pistols being dropped over occupied Europe was going to be more devastating than its actual use.

>Hating the most versatile weapon ever created
Fuck off snownigger

have you ever come across one for sale? I haven't, at least here in ontario. I'd love to pick one up

Only thing that comes to mind is the red and blue uniform of the early days of WW1. But I don't know shit about weapons. Did we ever use anything terrible ?

Standard issue.
>bullpup
>can't fire left handed
>not even close to being on the same level as Mp5 or L1a1
>falls to pieces after heavy use
>even the Germans couldn't fix the gun's problems

The idea behind it was actually to be dropped behind lines and to use as a resistance movements everywhere.

Forgotten Weapons has a wonderful brief of its history, but yeah, it did not really have a chance to fulfill its original intentions

youtube.com/watch?v=1CjndIiZyJo

youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM_0hRTSiA
For u Yank

We made them to drop behind enemy lines so that civilians have access to weapons so they can rebel and do french resistance style fighting.

We did want to sell them to other country that wanted something to drop also, Such as britian.

Go to k

>>/k/

Yeah.

Question from someone with no gun knowledge. Didn't you guy replace the M1911 with some piece of shit with no stopping power?

Ok one more because I just found my old Japanese SDF recruitment pictures...

>You will never be a cute nip chopper pilot that flies a swishitty swooshitty adorned with you're 2D alterego

>Being Left-Handed
>MP5 9Germans designed it

Is it a sailboat?

Billions of dollars spent and counting, and every expert now working for Obama says it's crap, was always crap, and will always be crap.

>mfw not even a racist but i believe Rhodesia was objectivly far better than zimbabwe.

Oh fugg

is this magic eye supposed to be a happy merchant?

As much as I hate to say it, the Skorpion.
It's only good for crowd control, nothing else.
Held one in my hand and it felt like it would turn and fire in my face.

This didnt work very well...

>experts working for Obama say it's crap

That's the first hope I've had for the project in years.

>week
Try several years during which some of your government loonies were hell bent on defending it that there's nothing with it, actively shutting down any complaints about it and censoring troops complaints.

You don't have to be a racist to believe Rhodesia is better than Zimbabwe. Even monkeys know that Rhodesia is better than Zimbabwe.

>2016 not Racist

Was it intended for aircraft-carrier use?

The M16s initial introduction into viertnam was a disaster

liveleak.com/view?i=146_1443770825

"It took the complaints of a Marine rifleman about the failures of the miserable rifle to his congressman, Richard Eichorn of Missouri, to start a nationwide scandal that finally resulted in a partial fix of the weapon, that eventually made it (barely) good enough for use by the half million troops fighting in Vietnam by the late 1960's. "

If anything it improved as it got older.

My dad worked on the competing desing (boeing) he kept saying "our design is technically better, but theyll never choose it because its ugly as shit"

LMAO

We replaced it because the NATO standard is 9mm and the 1911 uses .45.

It's just a difference of philosophy between Europeans and Americans. European army's have always used small, light pistols in small calibers, with their logic being that it's just a backup sidearm that will never see any real use. Americans have always used larger caliber sidearms, and were willing to sacrifice weight and size for "stopping power".

In truth, "stopping power" is a meme for handguns as all handgun ammunition is pretty anemic when it comes down to it. That said, I love me a good old 1911.

Didn't know planes could have excessive chromosomes

Kirkland brand american is good.

>le L85 is bad meme
It's not the 80's any more, and you've been watching too much Upotte.

Xdddd

>the french one was actually okay

Except for the mud-access windows in the magazine.

Close, it's a parasite fighter for strategic bombers.

I thought that was an M1 before I clicked on it. God damnit leaf. You almost triggered the fuck out of me.

pm 63

it was just poorly designed
and having a blowback slide like on a handgun reciprocating towards your face and stopping 5cm from it 5 times a second certainly wouldn't help

say what you want, it's underbelly looks like an allegory to the modern american

As soon as a war starts there they are via grenade and a piece of string . Banning them is just unrealistic.

I guess that plane could only fly down

any pics from the top of that bird? I mean that intake looks awful but Im sure the wings look neat.

I can believe that

>Black population was not ready to rule the country allone.
>Most Soldiers in the Security Forces were blackies.
>I unironically believe that Ian Smith was not driven by racism when he continued the apartheid.
>Abel Muzorewa was based
It is not about the colour of the skin, but about culture and knowlege. Both had not reached all parts of Rhodesia back then.

Not a racist, but i descriminate against lesser cultures.

Did it?

>We did want to sell them to other country that wanted something to drop also, Such as britian.

Britain was opposed to the concept of dropping guns for anyone to pick up rather than the actual weapon dropped.

Even during WWII, they were anti gun.

Rumor has it they wanted to drop plastic knives.

And then it proceeded to be the world's best and most popular infantry weapon in history. Even the semi-autos are so good, simple, and inexpensive they cause maximum butthurt to gun-haters everywhere.

This post is so bad you should delete your Cred Forums account

Shut your fucking mouth you dirty kike, it will be the 6th circle of hell for you eventually!

Yeah, I know it ended up evolving into one of the best service Assault Rifle platform in the world, but I was more referring to when it was first introduced.

Rhodesia definitely has one of these most aesthetic flags ever. What a god damn shame.

It was used here until 1970s

That's the rarest merchant I've ever seen

For a second I thought you were shit talking the enfield.

.45 is more readily stopped by Kevlar. It's a stupid round to use when there are opfor with BA. Its only remaining role is silenced and subsonic in guns adapted not to cycle after the rigger is pulled..

Fact.

Sweden's melee of choice.

Bro the M2 browning has been around for over 100 years and it is still the best HMG ever invented. 1911 is still hella popular too.

Once you hit max level you stop leveling.

top firearms inventors:
>1. Browning
>2. Kalashnikov
>3. Stoner
honorable mentions:
>J. Garand
>S. Colt

So why not equip the infantry with Deagles?

Ask and recieve

At the risk of doxing myself, please take that back about my great great grandfathers invention. For an 1870's design, there was nothing wrong with the krag-jorgensen. I have one modified for 22lr, regretting letting my brother in law taking the original one from dads collection...

It's effective, it's just abused as fuck, accident prone and also orwellian levels of creepy.

Good weapon but weird aesthetics.

DELETE THIS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I like it, better than the F-35

Cost, size, weight?

Some things are better off in the past I guess.

RIP ugly plane

Possibly true but it is evolved over 40 years. You could have started with nearly any deign and 40 years later massaged it into something ok. Its initial incarnation was a complete disaster. You do realise it was rushed to be introduced so it would be available for smaller Asians to use?

As a weapon it is nothing to be proud of and it's story is at time disgraceful. It should never have been introduced to replace the great M14 during a hot war.

>worked wonderfully for it's intended purpose
I mean bazookas are terrible CQC, doesn't mean it's a bad weapon.

BAR isn't a shitty weapon, I'd say when we took the Chauchet and decided to use that in 30-06 was our most egregious mistake. The Chauchet had a lot of issues but was at least meh in 8mm Lebel.

Are you sure? giant rifle, 10 round tube magazine, and the solution found was a mosqueton with 3 roun magazine, when comes to war, after Napoleon you guys dun goofed

Brazil love RARE

Actually as an escort for bombers. It would reatach for long dostances via this doohickey. It worked once afaik. But it was very difficult and deemed too unsafe

not a terrible weapon, but i had to carry this around alot.

also operating this weapon for close combat is not a smart thing to do.

Where you live? If you're near Ottawa the gun shows here always have a table full of em'

the lebel was a kinda terrible rifle. Not the worst, but it was just mediocre. Tube magazine, that short 3 shot version of the cut down long rifle given to colonials, it's no one's favorite

>Nugget sights
Kek. I always wanted the free time and spare parts to craft abominations like that. Maybe I should retire in Eastern Europe.

>Post terrible weapons used by your military.

It's Terribly Beautiful!

Kirkland everything is good

Except possibly their clothes. (Quality, but bad fit(

>Cost
What if they were produced locally?
>size
Not much larger than a regular pistol
>weight
Could be a problem for man babies

The Ross Rifle was real sensitive to dirt, and had a nasty habit of jamming as a result.

this.
OP said terrible.
Didn't specify terrible at functioning.

Nukes are under the umbrella of terrible.

They are useful only for killing massive amounts of civilians. They serve no tactical purpose. They are entirely inhuman weapons, so terrible that the very existence of them has altered the cultural outlook of every person on the planet.

.44 mag is always worthwhile.

One of the lessons of Northern Ireland was if you are going to do handguns do them in .44 mag.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy. "

the madsen awesome gun, still in use
youtube.com/watch?v=JNqc6fz4xyk

Heh!

d-delet this

Breda modello 30.
>tight as fuck tolerances AND cartridges needed to be oiled (and you can easily imagine the consequences of that)
>same calibre as Carcano rifles but used different kind of ammo - the standard Carcano ammo wasn't powerful enough to make the selfloading mechanism operate

IIRC there are even kits for making tacticool BARs.

DELET

Custer would have survived the LBH if his soldiers were armed with heavy machine guns. The fact that better weapons exist doesn't make a gun particularly bad in its own right.

Top bantz, Chaim!

Fair enough. Do do you realise that if you were caught with anything other than a stock you were a dead man?

>no Mauser
>not one Schmeisser
>no Chassepot etc.

ok

>The only time the US made nuggets was on contract for the Tsar during WWI, just like the Winchester 1895 lever guns in 7.62x54r. It was never a standard infantry weapon.
We replaced it with the 92fs in 9mm with twice the capacity of the 1911. Some say they should have went with the sig but meh 92's are reliable, balanced and the 9mm has more muzzle energy then the .45. (338 ft lb vs 327 ft lb). But the .45 wins when it comes to incapacitation with less rounds due to the fact that the 230grain bullet is just that ...twice as heavy as the 9mm.

Applying the TKOF (taylor knock out factor) equasion to the 2 bullets...the .45 is 80% more effective.

TKOF = m*v*d/7000

mass
velocity
diamiter of bullet in inches

True. but the A1 wasn't the problem, the A1 was response to the original problems.

I'm just tired of the M16 is junk meme.

The M16 is shit. The M16A1 is fine.

>pls ban evil and think of the children

You're fucking retarded. Modern armies keep records of where they bury landmines, and kids don't play in the DMZ.

Only malnourished niglets in Africa and maybe a few squatters in Bosnia get blown up these days because rebels and terrorists don't adhere to international law.

War is hell. Get used to it, pussy.

Reduction of weight is a tactical advantage, not a measure of manliness. Just because you could doesn't mean you should.

Indeed. The M4 is not junk but it took 40 years. Not my cup of tea anyhow. It is a multipurpose tool and I prefer different choices to an all in one.

That's my third favorite gun.

I believe the standard edition "POOINLOO" infantry support unit is the worst weapon ever used.

Use these as meatshields so your wonderful Tommy can return home post-war and also use them as a cannon fodder to overwhelm enemy defences so that the wonderful Tommy can take the enemy with ease.

Why hasn't your army conscripted Pooinloos yet?

Fucking goddamn frogs making us adopt their shitty weapons so we could use their shitty ammo to fight their shitty war for them. That thing was a fucking piece of trash with an open magazine for fucks sake. The cheese eating surrender monkey who designed it should have been clubbed to death with it, because you couldn't even guarantee you'd be able to shoot him with it.

>country had ~600 tonne anti-mine ships during WW2
>barely had any weapons and a couple of them encountered a ~2000 tonne Japanese submarine
>their weapons do fucking nothing to the submarine
>submarine is rammed and becomes unable to dive
>rammed more until it breaks up as the water gets too shallow

Oh and have a pic.

No offense but that plane looks like a smiling retard.

Oh c'mon burger play along. It's true most of your weapons are great. But the original Sherman tanks were pure shit.

Ultrakek

The state of that officer.

SLOVENLY.

Well at least you got use out of them. I was expecting that story to end with the submarine still afloat.

Good concept, terrible execution.

Don't blame me that Officer is a Yank another useless fucking weapon used by my country.

Man all our guns suck

>The US employed the Chauchat

I thought that was just France?

>Breda modello 30
Literally all italian machine guns is fucking weird shit.

Oh wait, this is the gun I was thinking of.

Fuck that thing.

It wasn't even ours, it was a Scot that pitched it to us. We just decided to produce it because it was cheap.

The FAMAS is pretty terrible by nowaday's standards. Even moreso due to the fact that it cant use the same ammo as the M249 or any other 5.56 assault rifle.

>8mm Lebel
>meme cartridge

It pretty much was the first military smokeless cartridge. That's far from being just a meme. Plus both the Lebel and the Berthier were decent rifles.

Should have used the SMLE like your Anglo brothers.

The WW2 heavy machineguns are pretty tame.

...Does the Otobreda count as machinegun?

A pike head widely used en mass on the end of 10-25 foot pole.

A stupid weapon to use against drilled infantry armed with cannon with grapeshot and brown bess muskets.

The rebellion failed resulting in mass slaughter and massive deportations (again).

The curved piece was for snagging a horses bridle.

i am retarded

i was thinking of and clicked the wrong thing

fuck that gun

>Sherman tanks

U wot m8? It was a great moving target for target practice.

Patton would have had his head. Not all yanks are poor officers but that one is.

>Plus both the Lebel and the Berthier were decent rifles.

I've shot both and while the recoil on the berthier was not pleasant they were both quite accurate and decent infantry guns.

DELET THIS

>Kalashnikov

Stealing the design of the stg 44 doesn't make you a great inventor

delete this

Well memed friendo.

Underrated

Meh tier
>BAR - By WW2 it was the worst LMG fielded
>Sherman
>Early Springfields
>Early M16
>Krags (because of caliber mostly)
>M14

Pretty Bad tier
>Springfield trapdoor - obsolete 2 years after it entered service

Absolutely Horrible tier
>M60 Machine Gun
>Only decent when new, an armorers nightmare, jammomatic pos after 3 years of service, reciever can get dented which renders gun inoperable, aged horribly

NUGGET
U
G
G
E
T

What the hell kind of steampunk monstrosity is that

Merciless

No, Netanyahu, we aren't going to nuke Iran for you.

The trapdoor was retained in service until after the spanish american war, the late 1890's, when everyone else had mausers

"OMG that game sucked in the first Call of Duty game so therefore it sucks in real life"

Breda model 30. You thought the 30.06 Chauchat was bad? Think again. That thing is possibly the worst firearm ever made.

>AVT-40
>Literally shooting itself to pieces on full auto

We did, thanks to you talking some fucking sense into our Minister of Militia
>Battle of the Somme
>British Expeditionary Force's new commander in chief found out Canadians had to make do with an incredibly shitty rifle
>He decides to do something about it
>He orders replacement of all Ross rifles by the Lee Enfield
>Sam Hughes puts up a fight, claiming nothing is wrong with the rifle
>Our Government sees our Minister of Militia is a retard, so they appoint a Minister of Overseas Forces who agrees with the new Commander in Chief
>We replace the things and ship them to the Yanks once they join the war

If I wasn't on mobile I would cook up a quick image showing the similarities.

I like the AK, however, it's not a meme to say that both guns share very many similar characteristics.

Reichsflugscheibe reportin' in

Fuck you faggot

Nuggets were issued to US troops in Russia and China, The US nugget is a better rifle than early springfields

>An improperly assembled gun is dangerous

Remove the buffer tube on your direct impingement AR15 next time you go shooting kiddo.

...Which was my point...

>I like the AK, however, it's not a meme to say that both guns share very many similar characteristics

It wasn't a copy. It was a derivative inspired by the original design.

He's pointing out the fact that we are a tool used by isreali for their own wars and we almost always end up fucking up situation worse than it was before.

His meme was pretty fucking funny, stop being a stupid burger

WEW BANTZ

does the bcg blow through the back of the stock, and into your shoulder spraying hot gas everywhere?

no?

shut the fuck up noguns

There's a window in Lincoln Cathedral dedicated to the Rhodesian Airmen who served in WW2.
It was a pleasant surprise to see in the military memorial section.

We had an extra-shitty .30-06 version. Which still managed to be better than the machine gun it replaced, which we trashed after the border skirmishes with Pancho Villa.

Well yeah other than the STG being much closer to the FAL in the way it's disassembled, the AK having an operating system that is closer to the Garand than the STG, and Kalashinov having never seen the STG until after he made the AK (or so he claimed), sure.

Every single one of them in our entire history with the exception of our warships between ~1590 and ~1710

Literally always a century behind, especially with small arms.

Man Japan would be seriously fucked in the US ever pulled out of there...

I own both and love them, although I don't shoot them much.

Burguers on suicide watch.

If an aircraft could have downs syndrome that's what I'd expect it to look like

I kinda like it. There is certain futuristic feel to it.

Why are you explaining the joke to me.

Are you autistic or do you think that I am.

>They are useful only for killing massive amounts of civilians.

Actually, they can also very easily destroy military installations and nukes designed for it are very good at blowing up bunkers. This is their tactical purpose.

The strategic purpose is not to kill civilians but rather to target industrial centers and enemy missile silos. Before the United States bombed Japan, we air dropped leaflets warning of the destruction that was to come.