/Iron Pill/ - Self Improvement General

Can we get another SIG thread going?

These threads seem to pop up from time to time and it seems relevant given how jaded everyone here (including myself) is.

Post books, work out, social skills, diy infographics, etc

Come in, share your personal goals, talk about how to pushback against the collective jadedness affecting people within our age group.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tJQr2XN8lkE
youtube.com/watch?v=oPs3C5L4XOU
youtube.com/watch?v=Lqpq8hcI4Bc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And to start:

What does Cred Forums think about grad school?
Is it worth it or not?

I'm severely depressed, anxious, have no friends, am a kissless virgin, can't drive, never had a job, currently a unifag. What do I do? I'm not fat at least

Lift weights and study philosophy.

Philosophy generally bores the living daylights out of me. Any particular books you recommend?

vastly depends.

Grad school for something like dentistry, lawyering, or high demand teaching in something like physics or other sciences, yes.

Grad school because you're an english major who doesn't want to start paying on loans just yet? Not a chance.

Honestly, driving should be on the top of your list of priorities

You could probably take a class on it

You people all bitch about your lives way too much, wahhhh no gf I'm so sad. You fagboys don't even know about suffering

If you want to go into academia or it's one of those ones where you kind of have to go, yes.

Otherwise, why bother?

You want to talk about something, user?

I'm trying to get my dad to take me for a drive in an empty field or something kek. I have my provisional licence already.

Well whatever works I guess

Not being able to drive is pretty beta m8

Studying philosophy is pretty useless when most people don't give a shit about it. Lifting is a good idea though or anything else that teaches you a practical skill

having a license is very liberating
get on that shit

My philosophy is I won't go until someone pays me to go, or I have something for which I feel access to university resources would be beneficial.

Engineer here, your subject may vary

Studying philosophy is more about doing it for yourself than for others

What kind of engineering are you?

I'm an engineering undergrad

I agree some of the more abstract and esoteric stuff can be hard to connect to for the average person, but try looking into things like Stoic philosophy that teach you to cope with the hardships of life and to contemplate some of the most important questions that people ask themselves. Check out cicero, seneca, marcus aurelius, and epictetus

Mechanical. Automotive industry

I've lost 20-30 lbs this year, I'm getting in shape. I stopped drinking pretty much.

I'm actually a lawyer, I make over $100k, I'm not a shut-in NEET.

But I am very introverted, mundane, not outgoing, etc. I'm also disgusted by almost all the women I meet.

I think it's hopeless finding a wife.

Sound like my uncle. But both his parents died before he turned 12 and he was raised with his bipolar sister and demented grandma.

You probably have childhood issues, seek a therapist.

>I'm also disgusted by almost all the women I meet.
Why?
Do you not meet many women?

Maybe. My mom died when I was a kid. I've had serious girlfriends in the past though. I'm a pretty normal guy, no mental issues. I'm just introverted.

I meet plenty. But they're all vapid, rude, slutty, or some combination of the above.

Not him but not far from the truth for me. My mother is BPD and my dad is an enabler because "he doesn't want fights"

I am an introvert and generally distrust women. However, I have found myself in an interesting position where I found someone.

And if a total piece of shit like me can find a skinny, introverted, cute doctor, so can he!!!

Also getting jacked and juicy on top of being educated is also nice.

fellow lawfag
what practice? Since you said you're very introverted I'd guess transactions or IP, something like that

nah, litigation. Go figure.

I'm not so much "introverted" like shut-in or afraid to talk. I'm just highly professional and cautious about "opening up" and being "goofy." So I'm fine in the workplace, but out in society I'm also extremely professional aka conservative.

>litigation
wut haha. Literally the last I'd have guessed, so yeah go figure. Fair enough.

Good on ya OP, love these type of shit. I've been consuming as much as I can for the last couple of years. To a point where knowledge was addictive. I've applied a lot of that in my life.

One important thing I have learnt is to limit this activity to only consume information that will..
>help you in your life currently
>help with your life in the near future
>able to apply said learnings to improve yourself

Everything else should be taken in moderation. I say this because at one point I realised having all this info in my brain isn't really ideal. Some info are lost, and I have to read materials again to preserve it. For example I'm re reading some physical and mental health conditioning, because I'm gonna hit the gym again soon. Then I'll drop it and read shit that can help me with work etc. Keep it relevant for maximum impact.

When you can pay your knowledge, that's when you know it was worth knowing. Guess it's like a bit of house cleaning.

Also post rare books. I'm really interested in names and works of old. Especially if there was an attempt to suppress the info by book burning etc.

1. Study to get a license

2. Go to a temp organization to get a basic job. It will likely be slightly above minimum wage. However, if you are working full time for $9 an hour you will be pulling in $1440 a month. This is enough to pay for rent, a car payment, car insurance, health insurance, food and a gym. membership. If you need time to study try getting a 3rd shift security job where they will allow you to do that. Yes, these exist.

3. Hit up the gym or starting doing bodyweight exercises. There's abundant free information online from a guy named Scooby1961 regarding cheap bodybuilding and nutrition. This will majorly help you eliminate your anxiety and depression.

5. To eliminate your social fears start off by simply making eye-contact and smiling with people while walking anywhere you go. This will gradually get easier. Try dong 100. After you get through that it will be easy and you can move on to saying hello, asking questions, having conversations, inviting them to hangout, etc. Go step by easy step for lasting change.

5. To Red-Pill yourself on women without the perspective that you need to be "Alpha" or fuck everything that moves to validate yourself, check out Coach Corey Wayne on youtube. His book is $25 dollars (highly recommended) and his videos are free. If you need more help check out Mark Manson, David Deida, W. Anton and Patrice O'Neal. Apply the same social anxiety program above to meeting women.

Resources:
youtube.com/watch?v=tJQr2XN8lkE

youtube.com/watch?v=oPs3C5L4XOU

youtube.com/watch?v=Lqpq8hcI4Bc