Allotment Plot - do you own one?

When I was a kid my parents owned an Allotment Plot, so we had fresh vegetables and fruit evey year.
Also this way I could have camp fires every weekend and spand time on fresh air helping with the garden.
What are your thoughts on Allotment Plots?

I wish I owned one now.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allotment_(gardening)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_gardening_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What? You mean a backyard?

No, an allotment plot. Since brits dont have the right to own land, the government alots them small plots.

Fuck you and your shit briitain

>Allotment Plot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allotment_(gardening)

No it is outside a city, there are many of small gardens side by side, no houses.

fuck are you talking about

I live on 105 hectares.

stupid things you people name shit never gets old.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_gardening_in_the_United_States

In USA it is called a Community gardening.

Yeah I didnt know this was a thing until i lived in the UK. I understand you're a tiny island but this shits depressing. Don't you want to be free OP? Come to australia and have a backyard and sunshine.

We have those here aswell, only old people use them.

There are only 15 countries that have them, and 13 are in Europe.
Maybe it is an european thing.
I had great time playing there and grew to 6'3 eating fresh food.

Are you not allowed to grow stuff on your own property or what's the use of this? Community? For people who live in apartments?

I think every Russkie has one. We can't afford such luxuries in miserable poverty-stricken USA.

>backyard

Bongs call it their back garden, always makes me chuckle.

Do they let Indian citizens have any? It's only a matter of time before they're used as designated shitting plots and you die of e.coli.

>tfw can grow stuff on my backyard and front yard if I so choose

Shit, I could even get chickens if I really wanted to.

Yes, but even if you have a house you propably do not have enought space and sun to grow much.
There are no shadows from a houses there so within one short summer you can collect enought food for winter (canning fruit).

Isn't that kinda Red Pilled to shape land, work hard manualy, and grow what you eat?

>Community?
For some people.
>For people who live in apartments?
This is the most common reason I believe.

i've been really considering making a startup that allows the tech bros to get in on this

there'd be an app that tracks everything etc.

monthly membership fee for recurring revenue.

do you think it would be successful?

Now it is a time to dig the plot you would like to use for plants. You have to turn grass around, so winter will take care of roots and in the Spring you will have a nice spot ready to grow food.

First you need people to start grow food again.
But why not, app could work nicely.

Nice, my property is just a bit less than 7 hecacres but it's all spread out and overlapping with the neighbors in weird ways and mostly forest. There are only a couple of acres around my actual house. The plots were designed in such a way that a developer would have to buy out absolutly everyone if they wanted to try to turn it into a cookie cutter suburban development as well as to give everyone equal road access and use of the waterfront.

Must suck living on a tiny densely populated island like OP.

Haven't seen any form of nature in 2 years...
Kill me pls.

It's just a bit of land you can rent or buy to grow stuff on. What's so difficult to understand about it?
Obviously you can grow stuff in your garden at home but it not always the best spot for growing or you just want to keep your garden at home looking nice so you can relax out there and not have to smell manure constantly.

I have an allotment, grew all my own 'taters, onions, sweetcorn and squashes this year.
It costs me about £25 a year to rent the plot.

Contact your local council or allotment society and they will put you on a waiting list, which is usually about 6 months wait.

A guy on my site even grows weed in his shed.

Get out of the city my man, commuting blows but there are worse things and having space to yourself is worth it.

America is a bit different I guess since we aren't as big on public transit as most countries and everyone has a car but you can live outside the city and still take part in it to a degree if you find the right place that isn't too far out of the way.

If you buy grain instead of growing it and hunt wild game rather than raising animals for slaughter a single person can be almost totally self sufficient with a plot of land just a bit larger than half a tennis court.