Mispronouncing Student’s Name Now Considered a ‘Microaggression’

Hundreds of school districts across the country have taken a pledge to “pronounce student’s names correctly” to avoid the “microaggression” of mispronunciation.

According to ‘My Name, My Identity: A Declaration of Self,’ a national campaign launched in 2015 by the Santa Clara County, Calif. Office of Education (SCCOE) and the National Association for Bilingual Education, a teacher who mispronounces a student’s name can cause that student “anxiety and resentment”.

“Mispronouncing a student’s name truly negates his or her identity, which, in turn, can hinder academic progress,” according to Yee Wan, SCCOE’s director of multilingual education services.

Rita Kohli, assistant professor of education at the University of California at Riverside, says it is a sign of “microagression” when a teacher mispronounces, disregards, or changes a child’s name, because “they are in a sense disregarding the family and culture of the student as well.”

The Washoe County School District in Reno, Nevada is one of 528 school districts across the country that have recently implemented a campaign to “pronounce students’ names correctly” - including names teachers and administrators find difficult or unfamiliar - in order to be sensitive to the ancestral and historical significance of a child’s name.

In a 2014 Cult of Pedagogy blog post, former teacher Jennifer Gonzalez claimed that “mutilating someone’s name is a tiny act of bigotry. Whether you intend to or not, what you’re communicating is this: Your name is different. Foreign. Weird. It’s not worth my time to get it right….

“And before you get all defensive about the bigotry thing, let’s be clear: Discovering that something you do might be construed as bigotry doesn’t mean anyone is calling you a bigot. It’s just an opportunity to grow.”

cnsnews.com/blog/amy-furr/mispronouncing-students-name-now-considered-microaggression

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3aVCgV6tIjE
vocaroo.com/i/s0tDxV0H3xGk
vocaroo.com/i/s1HGsbFGcjpl
youtu.be/Dd7FixvoKBw
youtube.com/watch?v=EmFSR2E4sCY
youtube.com/watch?v=Cv1RJTHf5fk
youtube.com/watch?v=GlOoSsfU6cM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw
youtube.com/watch?v=FFRIbmUb83U
vocaroo.com/i/s1VAZy8yRXyI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chinese will choose english names to avoid mispronunciation. Why do nigs have to name give their kids retarded names and then whine about it?

>truly negates his or her identity

But it's ok to let kids believe they're tri-sexual glitter unicorn snowplow gender or some shit instead of boy or girl.

My name is extremely German and pronounced correctly maybe 1 out of 100 times. Am I oppressed Cred Forums?

I doubt it, most people can pronounce Ahmed.

>Mispronouncing a student’s name truly negates his or her identity,
But negating white children's identity is ok?

What's so hard about trying?

Damn son

>rita kohli

Name sounds indian

>jennifer gonzalez

I'm getting tired of these fucking shitskins

My name got mispronounced literally every time over the intercom, who gives shit?

The answer is always the same and you should know it by now you dumb fag

>why do niggers whine about literally everything

One of the great mysteries

>Microaggression

This is the dumbest buzzword to come out of the left yet.

Kek, maybe America should get pole'd.
youtube.com/watch?v=3aVCgV6tIjE

>western world

No one pronounces my name correctly, can I take advantage of being a minority now?

Ahmed Goldstein?

I hate people who insist on pronouncing my name right. I have a polish last name no german can pronounce and i don't give a fuck. But i rage when some faggot wastes my time by insiting on trying it over and over. This happens to fucking often. Its torture.

Stop naming your kids retarded "new age" shit or spelling it all fucked so they can be unique little snowflakes and maybe people wont have issues with saying their names.

I can only assume this is more because of retarded googles than any other race.

>your first day as teacher in inner city high
>doing roll call despite chimps best efforts to shout over you
>6th name down register is Le-A

What do?

Ledasha

De dash don't be silent.

Hugh Mungus

As someone who has had their name mispronounced throughout their entire childhood, and still has it mispronounced in university, I honestly have no idea what these people are on about. People find it hard to pronounce unfamiliar names, big fucking deal.

>those faces

nuke us

Did the right side one steal the other one's front teeth?

my family is from Poland. 90% of teachers in university can't read my last Name.

>slavs are making fun of our society and there's nothing we can say because they're right

I'm white af and everyone from teachers to doctors have been mispronouncing my name my whole life.

And what about Poles and Serbs and shit? Ain't no American WASP gonna be able to pronounce Milošević.

WRONG! Her name is Lelinea. Now gibs house to little chimp and money to Mordecai Steinberg Esq

>Knollege

Do i pronaunce it right Cred Forums?

vocaroo.com/i/s0tDxV0H3xGk

I bet if you correct one of them when they mispronounce your name you're invalidating their accent or some shit, also a "microaggression". Just nuke the colleges already.

No joke, the stuff i see everyday here about those niggers, sjw, transgenders and thousand of other genders makes me think that you are from the alternate universe. Or me. This shit won't fly here.

I'm Italian and my name has been mispronounced EVERYONE, my ex, my professors, doctors, people who call the house, etc

Who gives a FUCK if they don't understand your native tongue, Jesus christ these special snowflakes need to fucking stop.

Shut up Lay-zar or Mark-O

LOOK AT These NAMES!

>“they are in a sense disregarding the family and culture of the student as well.”

But the establishment disregards white families and white culture and that is fine. Why is it one rule for some and another rule for others?

I'm white and have a hard to pronounce name. Bet it doesn't count for me.

Can I retroactively sue all my schools?

My last name is Scottish.
Not only has nobody ever pronounced it correctly, nobody has ever even asked me if they were pronouncing it correctly or not.

But other whites have hated the Scottish since literally forever so who cares.

good work ayy-dawlf

They understand that whites don't get offended at stupid and inconsequential shit, so this is de facto only for at the emotionally immature.

HOW COME YOU CAIN'T PRONOUNCE LAYTWAHNKAY-DASH-AH-HALA-KAME-HAME-HA'S NAME RIGHT U CRACKER ASS BITCH

WAR, we need war now before all fucking people from this planet become faggots and degenerate

try pronunce my name correctly americans xDD
vocaroo.com/i/s1HGsbFGcjpl

oy vey i`m so opressed by your microagression, give me huge welfare and green card and i maybe will forget about these evil murricans who cant pronunce correctly even their own names

Haha fuckin South Park created the term "microaggression". These people are a parody of themselves and they dont even know it

>those names

My name is Dino and it has been pronounced like "Dinosaur" by the majority of people my whole life. I have never once been offended, because it's fucking spelled like "Dinosaur".

Black names are pronounced wrong because they are spelled wrong. Many times they make up their own phonics rules and insist that a name is pronounced a completely different way than they chose to spell it on the birth certificate. People don't pronounce white names correctly because of racism. They pronounce them correctly because you literally cannot mispronounce "Rob" or "Mike" or "Steve".

Nobody could pronounce my name throughout all my school years and teachers would always fuss over it asking is this right, is this right? I never fucking cared how they pronounced it and was always annoyed by it.

What in the fuck is a microaggression?

What do you do when a name contains a sound completely foreign to English phonology? Go home and practice a pharyngeal trill for two months before you can address the kid?

MacEachern?
MacCuiag?
Mackechnie?

Anyway no one outside of my family has ever pronounced my surname name correctly on first attempt.
It begins with an O but it's not Irish in the way that the O is emphasised like O'Donnel or O'Reilly.
Am I oppressed yet?

>tfw only people who watched star trek ever pronounce my last name correctly
Being a Picard is suffering.

So where are my reparations?
No teachers ever pronounced my fucking surname right, I deserve gibsmedats.

So if you named your child Nigger they would have to say it? Interesting..

I used to work with little googlets at a law firm for underprivileged inner city youth.

Best Google name i ever heard was Q'kshawn. He went by cuke, as in cucumber, as in cool as a. But it was pronounced cuke-a-shawn.

Hundreds of tashinaka's and lakisha's. But cuke was the most memorable

My last name is English/Irish, and is somewhat common, and no one has ever mispronounced it because I live in a country created by my ethnic group. If people can't pronounce your name, it's a good sign that you don't belong and should leave.

Irish should start using names like "Feidhlimidh mac Criomhthainn" again.

>Dino
in poland names are often after job of ancestors or attribute
Ryszard (Richard) - A man who is rich
Przemysław - A man who have knowledge
Marcin - Old Martius, This who belive in Mars (God)
Damian - another old. A man Who`s ancestors were healers
Kacper - "treasurer" - a man who`s Father is/was treasurer

so Dino,you... Pray dinosaurs? or father was palaeontologist?

I already struggle pronouncing Cú Chulainn.

My Nubian Princess wife's son's name, Tyrone Niggerhitler Kikekiller Washington, better be pronounced right or it is a microaggression!

Look, I live in New Jersey. We are flooded with pajeets. Their names will be pronnounced right when they stop having 10 letter long names.

Dino from 216?

Well, I'm oppressed I guess. Literally no one has ever pronounced my last name correctly.

please give me the website name. i remember it from the past.

>Name your child Lemon'jello'quarius
>Nobody can pronounce it right
>Dass rasissm

My name was mispronounced by teachers and classmates all the time.

It's a Dutch name, but the school I went to was in Utrecht where they don't speak proper Dutch (ABN).

I never gave a fuck.

youtu.be/Dd7FixvoKBw

The NAMES Mason?! What do they mean?

ARE YOU LITERALLY TELLING ME RIGHT NOW THAT YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE DIFFERS FROM MINE?
YOU ARE LITERALLY HITLER

We used to laugh at teachers who couldn't get a name right and then struggle and play with it ourselves, it's how new words are learned.

lol that one little blonde girl is going to get blacked so hard

>not naming your son grzegorz brzęczyszczykiewicz

What the fuck is a microaggression? Are these liberals making up shit now to bitch about?

Sweet, now when people mispronounce my exceedingly white, biblical name, I can steal some that sweet sweet oppression.

Yes.

>now

theyve been doing it for a while, my cis binary friend

My name is Dominic. Black woman and foreign substitute teachers would always pronounce my name "Dominique" for whatever reason.
>Tfw was oppressed and never knew it

You done messed up A Aron

>my name is nathaniel
>only time it's ever been pronounced incorrectly was by an ooga booga nig nog shitskin english teacher in 5th grade
>tfw i alternated between being matthew and nate-daniel

They think you frowned at them because they think you're racist.

Last name is Sebzda (hi friends). I'm white. I'm middle class. I didn't give a shit when the teachers/professors couldn't pronounce it. And now im persuing a degree in a stem field. This bitch is doing some serious projecting.

So what exactly is microaggressions? Maybe I can start using that in my country for more gibs.

Perhaps this nigger's mother was overly optimistic when she named her son.

>She should have named him Le'Don'tkillnobody

My name is French.
Almost every teacher I had mispronounced it before college except a teacher I had from South Africa that spoke 7 languages, (Spanish/English/Afrikaans/Korean and a bunch of tribal shit from Africa).

I was annoyed, but that's life.

I take great care to try to say other people's names correctly and even ask for help from them when it's appropriate.
But I don't expect others to try that hard.

Ooh, do i say like 'Sezdah'?

First day of school in France. The teacher calls each student by name.

- Mustafa Al Ekhzeri?
- Present!
- Ahmed El Cabul?
- Present!
- Kadar Sel Ohlmi?
- Present!
- Mohammed Endahrha?
- Present!
- Chanhira Amarttayaku?
- Present!
- Al Ain ben Oit?
No answer.
- Al Ain ben Oit!
Total silence.
- For the last time: Al Ain ben Oit!
A pale child raise up and says:
- I think you're referring to me, but my name is Alain Benoit.

>pretty much US case with kneegrows names.

>Microaggression

My name is fairly common, but not the spelling.

It's Mikaël, but people always write it Mickaël every fucking time, including on my fucking diplomas...

As I see it, whatever someone find offensive for any reason is microagression

>refer to “brief and commonplace daily verbal, behavioral, or environmental indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, that communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative racial slights and insults toward people of color.

So what's to stop kids from abusing this system and every time they fail a test say it's because the teacher said their name wrong and that traumatized them?

So basically my fee fees take away your rights?

Shame, Alain is a nice derivative of Alan or is Alan the derived name, I forget.

>a pale child

Have mercy on my sides

Is that you in the pic?
what a hardscoper

>
“Mispronouncing a student’s name truly negates his or her identity, which, in turn, can hinder academic progress,” according to Yee Wan, SCCOE’s director of multilingual education services.

Is it pronounced "ie uan" or "Jew Anne"?

So, is white still a color?

literally just another word for "things people do i dislike"

if the faggots who make webcomics about this shit represent the majority of people who use the word "microagressions", most of the shit they're whining about is normal ass situations they frame as offensive to them, or they make shit up that MAYBE COULD happen let's say, if the person at the coffee shop was a fucking idiot and it was their first day, as shown in my image

apologies for poor image

holy shit i should just kill myself now i think i forget my image literally every single time i go to post one

How. HOW did I fuck up that greentext. It seems today everything woes grong for me

hahahahhahahahahahahahhahah

im white british with a french name, the fucking number of times people get it wrong is insane.

will i benefit from this?

WELL THEN QUIT NAMING YOUR CHILDREN NIGGER NAMES FOR FUCKS SAKE

>tfw last name is Baguetton
>everybody pronounces it bagguete-ton
>it's bagguete-ohn
Also everybody spells my first name wrong (Charlemange, it's spelled Charlemagne)

Am I oppressed now?

In 6 years, the schools will doubtless be full of Harambe's.

Or Le-Huhrommbee's.

Or Sha-Herrumbey's.

Etc.

>Niggers cannot spell their own weird African names

Do you really think intentionally mispronouncing a name over and over isn't at least passive aggressive?

to be fair, i'd just call you charlie baguette both as a ways of bothering you and not running the risk of mispronunciation

>taken a pledge

How long before it becomes a firing offense?

Nah, I don't mind. A lot of people call me Charlie or Charles, only a few people call me Charlemagne. Only place where most people call me by my full name is Cred Forumscraft chats.

>Santa Clara County, Calif. Office of Education (SCCOE) and the National Association for Bilingual Education, a teacher who mispronounces a student’s name can cause that student “anxiety and resentment”.

this is happening because asian students bully pinoys and mexicans by deliberately mispronouncing their last names. It's really funny watching minorities fight each other to the death

t. former PAUSD student

the asians and blacks at my old elementary school, according to my younger sister, fucking HATED each other.

I knew one asian girl who was an honorary white when i went there, and not a single black

I feel bad for my sister

>White privilege
>Reverse racism
>cis-ism
>Now micro-aggression
'MURRICA FUCK OFF WITH YOUR NON-EXISTENT RETARDED BUZZWORDS

RRREEEEEEEEE

Naw man, he IS a dinosaur.

I went to a mostly black middle school (had a magnet program to attract "smart" students), it's similar between blacks and hispanics.

Also, to look cool a lot of googles pick on the scrawnier ones, I was friends with some of the shortest kids in the school. Whenever I'd leave (was one of the tallest) they'd get threats nonstop.

Is Lieske Polish?

liberals need to go, no argument there.

>Have student from Russian family
>Legal name Evgeni
>All the kids call him Eugene
>At parent-teacher conference, ask his parents, lovely Russian couple that moved to the states a few years ago, about it
>They say he loves it, makes him feel welcomed, makes him feel like an American
>They ask me to start calling him Eugene in class as well.

>Have student from Black family
>Legal name Delequandycus
>No... really
>No... I'm being completely serious
>None of the White students can pronounce his name
>All the Black students just call him Del or 'my nigga'.
>At parent-teacher conference, mispronounce his name slightly
>His mom (no dad, shocker) loses her shit and corrects me loud enough for everyone nearby to hear

So apparently this is going to be a federal crime soon.

If they're so triggered, why don't they go live in nations where that name is common? Are they all masochists or what?

No, looks God's chosen or germanic.

Incidentally, if you weren't sure, it's apparently pronounced

dell-uh-kwan-die-sus

... sounds like some kind of rare illness.

Are the ampersands actually part of the names? Good lord

I'd assume not since the only one without it is the last one.

>Yee Wan

>Live in shitty country
>Come to not shitty country
>"Man I wish everything was more like my shitty country"

>“Mispronouncing a student’s name truly negates his or her identity, which, in turn, can hinder academic progress,” according to Yee Wan
>Yee Wan
oh i got it

Oh look it's my most favorite image ever!

>oh LAAAAWS NO LOOK DEKENDRIX HE BE DROWNIN OH LAWS
>HAYP HIM LAWS JESUS PLEASE JESUS HE DROWNIN OH LAWS NO JESUS PLEASE HAYP HIM HE CAINT SWEEM
>HOD UP YO BIG BROTHA COMIN TO SAVES YOU
>OHH LAAAAAAAAAAAAWS NO HAYP I CAINT SWEEM HAYP ME LAWS JESUS LAWS NO PLEASE HAYP ME OH JESUS PLEASE HAYP ME
>I'S COMIN JATAVIOUS I'S COMIN HOD UP
>OOOOOOOOOOH JESUS NO LAWS HAYP ME JESUS NO LAWS OH JESUS HAYP ME PLEASE LAWS
>HOD UP TAKEITHA I'S SAVE YOU
>LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWS NO
>GET DE PAPER TOWELS

I have a Russian surname that gets mispronounced all the fucking time yet I do not give a fuck.
Why is this an issue? It's not hard to correct people if they get it wrong.

Do you really think that people should have to learn a new fucking language in their own country? Because many of these names are foreign.

My name is William. I was consistently called Williams by borderline retarded black teachers all the way through school.

>wee-yums?
>wee-yums is you present?
>weeeeee-yums??

Literally every foreigner understands that their name will get mispronounced. It's make them look like absolute tools because not only does a professor have to memorise 700 students but he has every continent on that list. Bitches who think it's a microaggression will have to cry them a fucking river

Why does Cred Forums bring attention to stupid people who are universally ignored even by their peers?

Here I beez

people mispronounce my family name all the time, big fucking deal

goddamn googles, always looking for shit to feel offended about

>What in the fuck is a microaggression?

It's one-millionth of an actual aggression.

they share one set of teeth

Man, I never thought I would see the day were living in a third world country would feel better than living in a first world one.
Let's pray that people here keep giving two shits about the social correctness that has tried to sprout here.

>flares nostrils

>libtards should go

How come everything is so black and white over there?

I agree but also disagree with a lot of the things both democrats and republicans say. Why is there no middle-way?

It's still better to live in the first world, but only if you never leave your house and have to interact with actual people. Our populations are seriously brainwashed.

Same but with first name (was named after grandpa)

Honestly, I don't blame people for mispronouncing my name, like come on, there are sounds that are basically not used in this language how are they supposed to know how to say that?

this

It's an honest mistake anyone can make.

Fuck's sake why is everyone turning into wimps thee days?

Please send help

Oh look, people trying to fix something that isn't broken. Good thing we have people to tackle these non issues head on!

>“mutilating someone’s name is a tiny act of bigotry.

"Drumpf"

Get with it you dumb Googles, the word for a wide nosed shit skinned watermelon slurping pavement ape is GOOGLE.

this is one of the things that annoy me about america, you guys take name pronunciations WAY too seriously, i see people all the time on tv and online struggling to pronounce simple names and when you encounter a name that looks even remotely difficult you dont even bother making an attempt. I'm from england and when i went on holiday to america literally no one could say my name. Meanwhile in england no one has had trouble saying it since i was in elementary school, probably cause we dont think about it and just simply say it.

The only Scots I hate are the filthy Campbells.

Even white people are so damn mixed that a white teacher in an all white class is going to mispronounce at least a third of the students names right out the gate.

Microagression my ass. it's just reality of a multicultural society

Well shit then, my cousins graduation ceremony was Abdullah akmed patel over and over again

>California

this is a nonissue, move along now.

youtube.com/watch?v=EmFSR2E4sCY

"Microaggression is a term coined by psychiatrist and Harvard University professor Chester M. Pierce in 1970 to describe insults and dismissals he regularly witnessed non-black Americans inflict on African Americans."

It's been popularized by feminists for things like "mansplaining" etc.

What up with this googles shit? Did I miss something?

Damned Truenamers.
They're just looking for you to give your name willingly and complete. Don't give them this power.

exactly.

the 'logic' of today's activists is basically this:

find the 'problem' of least impact, but one that you can DEFINITELY blame on someone else... and focus 99.99999% of your effort (mostly posting shit on ITwitter or taking selfies protesting) on that.

Its pronounced 'flip flop mop' you fucking bigot

Got em

I died, googles are fun if they are far far away.

>name kid Reinhard-Wolfgang-Dietrich
>teacher doesn't have five year degree in German
>can't pronounce it correctly
>sue school for $$$ over microaggression

Have a (you) for postin Johnny.
OUTLAW COUNTRY!!

women are cunts

>learning to pronounce a name is learning a new language

The answer to people whining about microagression is macroagression.

Punch a libshit in the face and we all benefit.

>My last name starts with a Ch that has a cha sound
>Everyone thinks it's french and pronounces it with a Sha sound
Does this mean I get welfare and sheet?

Many are.

Tell them you have a speech impediment that makes it hard to pronounce __________. And its them that are being discriminatory and committing a microagression.

My last name (German) is mispronounced all the time. Of course some names are going to get mispronounced. Is there anything people don't get offended about these days?

>“Mispronouncing a student’s name truly negates his or her identity, which, in turn, can hinder academic progress,” according to Yee Wan, SCCOE’s director of multilingual education services.
Why can people just claim shit like this and influence a community without any sort of study to back this up?

Also, if your identity is so fragile as to be caused anxiety and 'resentment' towards having a weird-ass name being pronounced wrongly, you absolutely have to go back.

A first name shouldn't be more that 3 syllables long. Ever.

I'm just posting facts, user.

k'naw - leh - gay

This
I remember in Sunday school, people would just completely choke-up whenever they came to a proper name while reading aloud.
Its like they didn't even learn phonics.
Even after the teacher explicitly tells them to skip or change any names they have problems with to "Bob" they still get hung-up on it.

>the irony of forcing teachers to properly pronounce "le-aywrecke-aisha" to a group of people who can barely speak themselves.
honestly time is just about up for the people making these studies and pushing this stuff into your people's education system.

Im curious if there is any nigger named "Welfare"

NIGEL ?

because people forgot you're not supposed to simply cite and parrot a study, but instead find out if the results are duplicable or in affect in other areas in real life, and get it peer reviewed before going " oh lets just start changing things and laws because obviously this is how to fixt it, despite the fact we have no correlating evidence to support this"
ya know simple stuff like that
basically to destroy a county you have to alienate 2 things from the people; their law/culture systems, and their policing forces.
and look whats happening around you

OMG I should go back and sue my french teacher for that one time she called me Sophie.

I remember I had a Shaniqua and a Q'ondray in high school. My sister has a black friend named Ta'Teona (not too bad really)

Sorry, but we don't care to learn how to pronounce Youssef or Rahman

pffffbbaahahahhaha
Somebody call the Kaepernicks!

Reno fag here (where they have been talking about this), used to be Washoe County highschool teacher.

I'm all against SJW 'microagression' shit but this is basically right. Whether its a student, or colleague. Being able to pronounce foreign names and difficult names correctly is just part of being a professional. When you butcher someones name, you need to point it out. You need to have enough interpersonal charisma to be able to ask someone to help you pronounce their name correctly. Every time you fuck up, point it out. I made a game in an AP chem class I taught that each time I incorrectly pronounced a name, the victim gets +1 on the next quiz. It made it funny, and it made it so I barely ever screwed up because I don't want to give out free points.

Being a real teacher and a professional means when you address a black student whos name is 'Ssents' (pronounced ESSENCE), yes thats two consecutive S, not shitting you -- you get it right even if it's clearly retarded.

Nightmare mode teacher here. I'm ready for any challenge. Tell me how I did.

GR-ZEG-ORZ

BR-ZESKEES-ZY-KE-WITZ

I'm white and teach in a mostly black school. This is bullshit my students make fun of each other's names.

America is so fucking embarassing I can't believe it

Check your white privilage and be happy you are only fined $1800 for your bigotry and microaggression

My mispronounced surname is my nickname among friends. Never had a problem with it. But I'm white so fuck my opinion right?

omg it's like mispronunciation is some trivial matter or something

I'm a Hawainn native and my name is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAwali

Each of the 'A's have to be pronounced or else you will be slighting my ancestors

Anyone dare try?

Sweet. I have a very ethnic Irish name that teachers always butcher. Am I eligible for gibs now

I laughed pretty hard at this.
it's fake, right?

What's wrong with just "boy"?

Tteachers usually butcher names the first day then know it by the second. Micro aggression my ass, fucking snowflake nanny state

>chink student join our class back in high school
>Ok class this is the new student, Cecelia

Top kek, why do Asians pick random names? I met one called Candy once and had to try not to laugh in her face.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv1RJTHf5fk

youtube.com/watch?v=GlOoSsfU6cM

It is according to Mexicans...

Underated

Is nigger word filtered? Why do people keep saying google

because google = niggers...

geez...

polak here

havent found a teacher who could pronounce my names right

Makes sense

Maybe because Williams is a popular black family name?

The left loves to preoccupy themselves with things that are not real(microaggressions, global warming) yet they ignore major problems that are real(third world invasion, massive debt).
When Western Civilization collapses soon at least we'll be rid of them.

its a meme you dip

>Whether you intend to or not
how can you possibly blame someone for mispronouncing a name he's never seen before?

This meme stopped being funny the 600th time

God help us.

How do you pronounce Shandraniquash, Detroitkeishaes or Lickasnichamomisha?

Maybe the retards should adopt our way of writing so shit like this doesn't happen

They'll never learn

I have a West African name, and I think this is bullshit. People almost always mispronounce my name the first time, but they get it right in the end.

The substitutes at my schools growing up were ghetto negresses. On multiple occasions they mispronounced my easy simple white person name. Can I sue for emotional trauma now?

Its not google red river drowning

Eyyy, McKellar clan representing

Nobody pronounces my first name correctly.

In law school it became a running joke (first year, all classes are with the same students) that the teacher would mispronounce when cold-calling me and I'd have to correct them.

I'm also just plain white and my name is only one letter different from Christ, but somehow it's troubling when the C is replaced with a G.

almost makes me wish i was back in school so i could come up with a retarded new name every week and torture them.

So does this mean when a somali speaks funny Funnish in Funland I can call it out for the hilarious microaggression it is?

This is so fucking sad. I wonder what their dumbfuck mother is up to.

We need to start spaying and nuetering our googles.

jackedoff johnch???cabbage???savage??

I also have an extremely uncommon name and the weird thing is that teachers from primary-Elementary ALWAYS pronounced it wrong, yet when I got the Middle School, High School, and University, I haven't had a problem.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw
Even Googles make fun of this shit

I feel the same. My last name is Schley as in sh-lie not sh-ee-lee how is it that not one of my teachers has gotten it right in over 18 years?

T. Ivan Ivansky Ivanovitch

CuckedShawn

Take the name
>Lyric YourAdorable
Could years and years of micro-aggression due to that name have caused this?
youtube.com/watch?v=FFRIbmUb83U

or maybe she is rebelling against her middle name, she is certainly not "adorable"

>Tyre King

As someone with a Hebrew name raised in WASP territory, I want these niggers to shut the fuck up and deal with it. If having their name mispronounced bothers them so much, they can use a fucking nickname.

My name is Christian and i've literally had black teachers call pronounce it chris-tee-yan, with each syllable emphasized like that. How the fuck can these people act offended when normal people can't pronounce their ridiculous meme names that don't have even have origins african languages, when they themselves fuck up the name of the majority religion of their home country?

I've noticed that most niggers name their kids with very Roman-language inspired names. Just listen:
>JaMarcus =Je (suis) Marcus (Mark, interestingly enough, dervies from the Latin Mart-kos, which means "consecrated from the God of Mars", so Mark means "God of War", or "to be warlike", which we know niggers are.)
>LaShanda = L'Shanda (maybe Shanda is a nigger-fied version of Shauna (This name is just the Irish female version of the Hebrew Yohanan, which means "Graced by Yah(Weh)", or "Yah(Weh) is Gracious".)
>Delequandycus = Del (I really have no idea) ycus (I suspect this is either a nigger-fied form of typical Greek name endings (from the way its pronounced), or a nigger-fied form of typical Latin name endings)

I once saw a nig last name that was a nigger-fied version of a Welsh last name (I forgot what it was, though, but it was ridiculously butchered.)

This being said, it would be hilarious if nig names were not "tributes to their heritage" (because we all know not a single one of them actually speaks an african language), but instead butchered white names taken through cultural osmosis. add this to the list of cultural appropriation that the uppity nigs do.

my sides
what's left of my sides

Jesus it's like they're magical beings and fucking up their name of power warps and weakens them.

This is some pen and paper RPG setting shit.

>black person names their kid Yoraniger
>teacher stutters and tries not to say it as it sounds
>black person sues the school for bigotry and racism
>teacher forced to say the name correctly
>school sued for $50 million for calling the kid a nigger
It's the perfect crime. They've got us.

>tfw super obscure Irish surname people in Ireland can't even pronounce

>be chinese
>always asked in that stupid valley girl voice "um like how do you pronounce this like not to be mean and not to be racially insensitive but i can't read this name like oh my god"

these btiches need some pinyin

>knolledge
FUCKING BITCH U DARE STEP ON MY CULTURAL HERITAGE??
[PIC related niggas]

Pretty sure every teacher, boss etc. higher-up has at least once pronounced or write my name wrong.
Funny thing is it is not even that difficult - my name is Akseli and it always turned into Aleksi.
With english names this'd be comparable to mix Axel and Alex.

Always gives me a chuckle though when my name is pronounced wrong, I let out little "ahem" and then said person has that little two second blackout and rushes to correct it.
I dont blame them my name is not that common.

vocaroo.com/i/s1VAZy8yRXyI
that's how you avoid the problem.

>“microaggression”
>In a 2014 Cult of Pedagogy blog post, former teacher....

> mispronunciation is a micro aggression
> mispronunciation destroys one's sense of self

I wonder what it's like to be so weak that your entire sense of self can be obliterated with one mispronunciation... fucking what?

Are you driving a fucking tank or something?

something with my mic

How can a name be a "declaration of self" when it's given by your parents?

and usually it's just a generic name like tom or john. and with niggers they just come up with one or they choose one but dont know what it means, but all they care about is that its "ghetto ratchet hood nigga"

>disregarding culture

Culture is not a protected class. Liberals BTFO.

Did he have a middle name?

"de le quan dyke us"
as you can see, this comes from a rich french heritage.

"of the ???? lesbian *nous"

blacks usually forget about the middle name OR it's a combination of the mothers maiden name and the (((fathers))) last name

example: Shaniqua Jamal-Harrison

>Discovering that something you do might be construed as bigotry doesn’t mean anyone is calling you a bigot. It’s just an opportunity to grow.
I fucking hate this argument. It's basically just an excuse to be a condescending cunt-rag to people and cover it up as "social justice"

Nathaniel

> Nate-Daniel

Fucking niggers, man

wow this is fucking retarded.
ive known my boss for 4 years and he still sometimes gets my name wrong.

Given how Germany is a nigger country now, so yes you're oppressed

Nice!

there's no such thing as a microaggression

So what happens to public schools when nobody wants to be a teacher because of bullshit like this?

This is bullshit. I once had a student named Orange (Oh-ron-gee). How the fuck are we supposed to know how to pronounce these stupid fucking names?

It's almost like pronouncing names from unfamiliar cultures with different languages and understandings of phonetics along with retarded-ass nigger names might be difficult for your average middle-school teacher.

>I once saw a nig last name that was a nigger-fied version of a Welsh last name (I forgot what it was, though, but it was ridiculously butchered.)
People don't rreally choose their last names.
So you said their last name was niggerfied, you can blame a white guy for that.

I have no idea why Americans are incapable of pronouncing "y" as in "building"

t. Yngve

>be nigger slave
>your master renames you
>be nigger slave's descendants right after freedom
>get asked to spell your name
>you can't into english
>someone asks you your last name
>enter nigger-fied last name

>have Serb friend at school
>his name is Sasa, pronounced sasha
>substitute teachers always say sa-sa during role call
>one day, one of the teachers pronounces his name correctly
>he is so surprised he doesn't answer for a few seconds
>teacher calls out again "Sasa? Is she here?"

its the eventuality of 1st world prestige

Why work hard and make a nice home out of your nation, when you can just move to an already good one?

Find enough of the downtrodden and convince the clueless 1st worlders you need stuff more than them

Nice proxy, faggot.

Same. Ristau.
Pronounced ris-toe but people say rist-ow.

did you fuck her bro?