Appalachia

Can we talk about Appalachia? Specifically the best part of it?

I am originally from southern WV, now living in California and every day since I've been here I've wanted to neck myself.

I want to go back to my mountains but not WV. What part of this area is the best to live in?

I dunno what part is best but I spend a lot of time in Appalachia and it will be a great place to wait out civil war 2.0

Asheville

>republican
>traditional
>nondegenerate

Harrison County here.
How did you get out?
I love my forests and mountains and often feel like I couldn't live without the solitude they provide.
Sadly I am sick of the bullshit WV consists of and don't want to die here with regrets.
There is nothing here, towns are so small everyone knows your business and it's gay.
How2leave?

I live in the northern panhandle.

It's ok I guess as long as you stay away from the black/heroin ridden cities.

Comfy as fuck in the middle of the woods tho senpai

Saved money, found job opening for something I'm trained for, took it...

Don't go to California. Stay innawoods

Top of my list but I've heard it be called the SF of the East

What part of Cali are you in senpai. If you live in LA I wouldn't blame you

Last week a bunch of bad dope was sold here in Clarksburg and 24 people overdosed in a matter of hours.

This week there have been nine busts already.
It's sort of funny to be honest.

>Stay innawoods
But my only friend is a opossum here.
:(
I may go to Florida soon.

It's hillbilly as fuck and not the sweet country girl type. More like the practically white nigger type. Unfortunate but it's ghetto in a lot of places.

Sacramento.

Sorry ID keeps changing, work's wifi is a faggot

nigger

Google*

Central PA is pretty nice still.

I grew up in Parkersburg WV now in TX. If I had to go back it would prob be to Marietta OH. Nice bit of Ohio river and it's OH so automatically better tha WV

Also looks like Greenville SC is considered Appalachia so that is definitely the nicest city

Pittsburgh? are you fucked in the head? I swear on my life this pot isn't b8 or flame, I just honestly can't believe someone would think that. It's a shithole

Well no shit then, Sac is one of the lamest parts of Cali. If you want quality of life, go south. San Diego is definitely the best but LA or even SF arent bad either

Yes he must be nigger slinging crack in East Liberty. Pitt is shit

I want to believe your trips, but I can't live somewhere with a higher population. Too many people.

What's the deal with Greenville?

The answer is East TN
>Innawoods anytime you want
>Beautiful Lakes, mountains, hunting, woods
>conservative people all around
>Within 6 hours of beach
>Asheville, Chattanooga, all in less than a days drive.

Any of you folk ever seen one of those Appalachian mud squid? Some kind of endangered species or something, I hear they're real ornery critters.

But that place is nothing but meth and murder.

nothing wrong with white trash meth heads, and black on black murder

Yeah, there's some up my holler.

Just a young and growing city with a good mix of jobs, affordability, nature, nice things, hot girls from Clemson coming to bars 2 b pounded, lakes, hiking, guns, etc.

It's how a city would be if there was a city designed only by 30 yo white males

Family over there and I don't even know.

It's got an awesome downtown with bars, fancy restaurants and nice Riverside parks interwoven with each other. Lots of factory work, but a lot of prep and post prep types in the area due to Clemson.

One black is too many blacks

I have to drive an hour to find a basketball American and want to keep it that way.

NY Southern Tier / Fingerlakes are the unfracked crown jewel of Appalachia.

I live in the Ohio part of Appalachia, and its one of the best places on earth

>Stupid college students
>Ugly hippies
>Drunken rednecks
>Meth/Crack heads living in trailers
>Googles(Niggers)
>Occasional chink

The nature surrounding the area is pretty nice, but the people sure love to shit it up

Its all localized to specific counties. For example, Cocke County. You pass that county line and you can tell.

Agreed.

t. Southwest Virginia

Where abouts. Used to bang sloots up in Athens. Lots of dumb hippie chicks but u aren't giving enough credit a lot of them are hotties with bodies.

I like old mans cave in Logan. Beautiful. I go there everytime I go visit family in the area

Is it really like the documentaries portray it to be?

Boone county WV, back of the backwoods middle of nowhere but still has internet. Got my creek, got my hills, got my trailer parks regular black bear. I love it here. Hell, my dream is to start buying as much land in these hills as I can to develop it for rent and businesses.

I spent some time there at the GE plant a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. Small town with plenty to do.

Yes. There are people who have lived their whole lives without running water. Still shitting in out houses and showering once a week when they drive out the holler to go to the dry cleaner and ymca

Sorry m8 I'm not gonna come back and live somewhere like Boone county. No.
That's the same as saying back to McDowell County

>Boone county

Oh dear God.
I know a white from there and she thinks she's famous
Lmao......
Your mating call really is a rattling pill bottle and your accents are fucking hilarious.
Please never vanish because you make a northern white trash west Virginian like me look like a rich Californian.

>tfw want to move to another state
>don't want to move somewhere less white than current state
>don't want to move to a blue state
Looks like i'll be staying in Cabell County for now

I didn't even know my town was included in it.

Ohio fag here. Went to WV for the first time last weekend. Never really been near mountains. Beautiful place, trecherous as fuck roads and should I have stopped ar a Tudor's Biscuit World? Apparently they are all in WV except for one in Xenia Oh which is about 30 mins away from me. 10/10 state will go back to see Kaymoor.

Marietta for the win.
Very vibrant downtown, just all around pleasant area
a lot of fat people though

>Tfw did shots with Jesco at the Empty Glass in Charleston

That guy is fucking scary.

U go places at Christmas and kids are thrilled that Santa brought them a 24 pack of Mountain Dew as their only gift.

Yes. Go to Tudors its fucking amazing but never go to Gino's. Gino's is fucking disgusting

The only good thing about WV is cheap whores and pepperoni rolls.

They always have beer around though, how in the fuck do they manage to get enough to last for a week. How do they buy gas, what the fuck it seems like living on Mars to me! Also how come it seems they do not by any means want to leave?

There are a lot of scary guys like him in my little town.
I wouldn't know what to do without them.

I understand where your comming from man.
But, just somthin in me wont give up on my home you know?
I want to see the buildings restored, the shops flourish, the people happy.
We are a good lot here, most rednecks are really. Just not fair shitty folk like the cali libs and northern city trash get to flourish while they suffer.

yep, been to Knoxville several times, beautiful place

Tudors is god-tier
Fat Patty's is great too if you can find one the next time you come

Because they are happy with their minimalist lifestyle.

Sheeeit man me and the woman stopped at Ginos. We were fucking starving and it was alright. But I like garbage pizza. Will definitely stop at a Tudors when we go back.

Asheville is full of hippies and white trash, you fucking mong.

"""""City"""""
lmao greenville is a tiny dangerous bland shithole that barely counts as a city. Stay flyover

Its not nearly that bad, but their are a handful of powerless communities.

At a gas station on my trip thru WV saw a sign that saod "Dew Country" every bottle on the side of the road was green.

Yeah to be fair we dont even like the Whites around here, gave us bad name. I mean I know two that are fine but their rep is like it is for a reason.

I can respect that, but I've lived my whole life in big city south fl so this way of life just seems fuckin crazy, off the rails drunk and high on flakka crazy. I know how to deal with every dreg of society down here but those places truly scare the shit out of me, as in go in an outsider never come back shit

One post by this id
Sage.

You have to be completely retarded if you think there aren't grocery stores in Appalachia.

Be honest, Dont trespass, and dont touch their things without permission and they are the friendliest lot you will ever deal with drunk or no.

Read thread faggot. I'm still here

I've thought about coming down there a few times.
I like small towns because I have that city vibe and the girls freak out over it.
Places like Parson, Thomas, Durban and others like them are easy mode for a guy like me.
I can sling my six string over my back and load my pockets with pills, then I'm Mr popular in those small places.

It's a whole other world down there, reminds me of poor as fuck Russian towns.

The world becomes more and more intimidating the longer u r stuck in the same sphere of influence

Like I said I know nothing outside of the way film has portrayed it and acorrding to the people themselves "we're out in the middle of nowhere no running water ect...". I figured nearest store was 10 plus miles away, for me the store is down the street, on bike round trip 5 mins max

Western Marylander here

objectively the best part of Appalachia

other states can't compete!

The fuck are you talking about. It's the most liberal city in NC and has a bad drug problem. Also the job market is shit there.

Patriots? Big Reds?

....it's really not like that.

It's a really beautiful part of the country with some simple yet really nice and generous folk. It's God's country.

I live in western PA and there have been a fuckload of OD's here, judges are starting to charge heroin dealers with murder and attempted murder, it's hilarious

OP here again with another ID because shit wifi.

I took my California gf back home to WV last summer. She loved it. Appalachia has a feel no other place in the world does

She feels the calls of the mountains

I just sit in my Mountain fortress giggling at the morons.

We need snow this winter I wanna snowboard.

Asheville is tree hippie central. I enjoy the town, but it's got a college/modern (aka liberal and nigger) feel to it.