rt.com/news/360331-tokyo-southeast-quake-reaction/

Tsunami yes or no?

Other urls found in this thread:

earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us10006rte#executive
jma.go.jp/en/quake/
mitp.ru/en/default.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Ka4hYDiVs
enenews.com/
earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/#{"autoUpdate":["autoUpdate"],"basemap":"grayscale","feed":"1day_m25","listFormat":"default","mapposition":[[32.008075959291055,-223.04443359374997],[37.34395908944491,-212.288818359375]],"overlays":["plates"],"restrictListToMap":["restrictListToMap"],"search":null,"sort":"newest","timezone":"utc","viewModes":["list","map"],"event":null}.
burycoal.com/blog/2011/03/18/zircaloy-is-a-problem/
deepmeem.freeforums.net
fdada.info/en/currentstatus/decommissioning-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oy vey, we didnt have to do anything this time

aw man. i hope japan is at least ok.

It was incredibly mild. Hopefully not a foreshock though.

hopefully you are safe japbro.

The map has Saitama in it xD

> F

My last 2 digits determines the follow up quake.

>6.4
Lmao this isn't Italy. It's fucking nothing.

Dude calm down it was just a 6.4

Doubt they even felt it

>xD
You aren't even one of the good anime faggots.

Why do people outside japan always freak over every baby quake here?

That's not a good spot. Near the triple junction.

If that's a foreshock, Tokyo had better watch the fuck out.

>earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us10006rte#executive

Take it easy mate, wishing your country the best

6.4 is nothing.

because we're always worried about how it might trigger earthquakes around the world also.

Jesus strikes again! Haha take that nips

>My last 2 digits determines the follow up quake.

better not

>6.4
Might be a problem for most countries but I doubt Japan is worried.

You are too kind. I wish you the best also, with your black people, and your spiders.

I wouldnt think thered be a sunami if the earthquake happened close to japans shore

Japan has made me hate anime.

I'd rather have the aggressive deadly spiders desu

holy shit is this real?

IMPOSSIBRU

Did you touch yourself when it happened so you could make love with the earth?

Well Japan is fucked.

JIM CHRIST IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

Is this what Cred Forums was sorry about?

thank you. are you a formula one fan by any chance?

Barely felt it.

Isn't Korea still freaking out over that 5.8 last week?

That'd only affect how fast it hits, there has been tsunami damage from quakes in Chile in the past. Strength/depth determine the tsunami size.

>hiroshimoot sells Cred Forums
>he gets quaked
KEK IS FIGHTING BACK

And let's not forget about Fukushima you fucking google

Yes it is a great sport in Japan.

Just like all your sexual partners m8

>9.0
REST IN PISS NIPS.

Depends on the moment magnitude and the type of fault.

One on the Wadati-Benioff Zones of say, anything over 7.8 and you want to be leery.

Whereas the same size strike slip quake will not produce a tsunami.

eek thats a happening

>6.4
>baby quake

Goddamn. Won't even lie, you're certainly more adept at handling that than us burgerbros. I'd shit my pants 10x over if a 6.4 quake hit me.

Good on you guys, wishing you the best fella.

Do they ever drift for fun?

i dont

because we want Fukushima 2.01b

praise kek
bring japan 9.0!!!

which team do you root for, and which driver?

personally, i root for the Williams just because the team owner is based.

Anime subs might get delayed

>tfw a tsanumi washes away Tokyo
NOT MY ANIME
NOT MY MANGA
NOT MY NINTENDO
NOT MY SONY
NOT MY JRPGS
NOOOOOOO

Because people can't grasp that a 6.4 several hundred KM out to sea is different from one right under your feet.

>6.4
that's moderately heavy. Heavier than the one that occurred in 2013 600 miles off of the coast of South Carolina. So I don't think it will be tsunami-tier.

The mangaka is such a lazy nigger, that character looks like the guy from the instruction drawings of my university's firetubethingies.

the fear fades away

6.4 is just a foreshock.

8.6 INBOUND SOON, KEK WILLS IT!!!!

PRAISE KEK INFLICT MAXIMUM KEKNAMI!!!!

I do this

Me too

Oh fug

location location location

Don't!

Jenson Button McLaren/Honda

Rolling for Keknami and 8.0+ main quake to follow soon.

PRAISE KEK!!

KEK IS GREAT!!!!!!

Fuckin' kek. Be safe.

Considering the location, I suspect that this 6.4 is a foreshock and a much, much bigger one will strike soon. If I were a Tokyo resident then I'd get the fuck outta Dodge.

Here's their monitoring site:

>jma.go.jp/en/quake/

9.1 and super keknami.

Kek wills it.

Stay safe glorious nippon
Resist the jew

this is what they get for pearl harbor

You get raped by a Muslim.

Oh fuuuuuuu

K-K blesses us.

nice, its a shame that they cant be competitive. but im pretty sure 2017 is going to mix things up.

Hail Kek! A tsunami of that magnitude will surely wipe out massive numbers of California voters! With the low lying coastal cities destroyed Trump can win the state, Japan you are truly our greatest ally!

It's legit. It's a small one though.

Note if the Fukushima reactors actually spill their cores outside of the buildings, the northern hemisphere is uninhabitable for a few million years.

SPILL THE BEANS!

Person identified near the quake Epicenter wanted by the Japanese as a person of interest.

Frog knight/brook?

Yo. This ain't funny anymore. Someone fly Kentaro Miura outta jpan rite noww

Fuck off kekfaggot

>Kentaro Miura
Cred Forums is going berserk!!!! REEEEE

Good lets all hope theres stronger aftershocks and another tsunami.

don't worry. kek wills that everyone that is based will be protected in this world.

stay safe m8, hope you're well
安全に

Japan has had way worse in the past.

I wouldn't worry about it guys.

Or at least making sure I knew the direction I'd be taking in the event of a larger quake/tsunami if unable to leave for up to a week; if there's going to be a larger one, I don't see it taking more than that to manifest.

You might find this of interest:

>mitp.ru/en/default.html

We're already seeing a global fish and foul die off from the small amounts of material that managed to spill during the tsunami. If somehow, some way, there is a tsunami that hits japan this will be the end.

Memequake confirmed.

Jap anons best get scrambling for the nearest happening shelter, it's not going to get much stronger than a memequake and keknami.

We pray for the safety of Jap anons and also praise Kek for glorious chaos and destruction.

PRAISE KEK!

KEK IS GREAT!!!!

Yeah, the cores are nasty, but they're likely belwo the plant by now in the mudstone.

The spent fuel rods would fuck us royally, however.

How fatal will the 8.0 in cali probably be? were pretty prepared, and no there will be no tsunami because the SA is not on a subduction zone.

You must be happy right now >:((((

It's an intentional reference to the shitty drawing of the webcomic. Murata, who draws the remake, is quite good.

>Spent fuel rods

They removed them all, if you mean Unit 4.

This quake was a 1 by the way.

Californian here, I'm ready for the big one. I'll see you at the bottom of the pacific when it happens Genji!!

Please.. tell that all the Anime girls are OK,I to FAP tonite

Jenson again need Japanese gf to regain glory.

That's true, I'm sorry. The cores China Syndromed. The fuel rod pools, that's what I was thinking about.

Daily reminder the Japanese are already killing themselves.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Ka4hYDiVs

>6.4

literally nothing

they're out of the reactor but they're still onsite and still need cooling for a few decades before they can be placed into dry casks.

>Nips on suicide watch
This isn't news faggot

Fuck sushiniggers

>spill during the tsunami

It wasn't just that. They would run cooling water through the fuel rod pools, collect that water in external tanks, and then discharge that water from the tanks into the Pacific Ocean. It contains Cesium and Strontium. They are still doing it. It killed almost all life in the Pacific Ocean.

Underr/a/ted.

Look at this latest map.

user-kun, an earthquake just struck my city and I'm scared! Will you promise to keep me safe senpai?

You're one of the only countries in the world where earthquakes that big happen on a regular basis senpai

Most people never even felt any earthquake in their lives

>Brazil

Theyy haven't unloaded the fuel rods from buildings 1, 2, and 3, right? I thought it was going to take 40 years.

Basically just fucked Japan's shit up with some meme magic there.

Soz guys.

But still, Kek wills it. Praise Kek.

>decades

spicy

I guess KEK doesn't KEKARE.

but seriously 9.4 on the 25th the foreshocks will grow in number as the weekend progresses.

i dont think a japanese gf will even help him in regaining the glory. it has to be mclaren itself, they cannot produce a competitive product to beat the field like they did in 1988.

Japan bros pls tell me how not to be scared when the cali quake comes along. I live near the fault line and am paranoid of my one story apartment collapsing

>It killed almost all life in the Pacific Ocean.
if that were true we'd be seeing trillions of dead sea animals washing up on shoes.

nice magic you got there

DOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIFUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUUUU

We kinda are. But because of the natural flow of the ocean they are being dragged to the north (alaska and the arctic) and south (chile and antarctica.

Look up mass dead animals washing up on shore. Alaska has had millions of seagulls and fish for months now.

Chile doesn't give two fucks tho.

No bitch I hope you get swept out to sea

Judging from the looks of the building and containment unit I saw on the news, I'd say they're pretty safe.

Fuck you, regular nigger.

Fuel in use melted. Unit 4 was where they stored the used rods.

Turn off all flames and get under the sturdiest piece of furniture and hold on until the quake stops. Grab your go bag and get out to your designated shelter.

Having no heavy shit above you and securing your furniture is a good idea too.

Don't bother, some people aren't aware the ocean is soaking up a lot of heat and acidifying, easier to blame Fukushima, despite the fact they're still fishing around there and no one's getting sick from eating it.

He had a full 100 posts to do both of those.

Japan, have you prepared anything should it get much worse?

and the coriums will need to be quenched for longer than we have written records of civilization.

Yep.

I'll use the leftovers to make the ensuing keknami reach and cleanse the West Coast of libshits, cucks and spics.

Praise Kek!

KEK IS GREAT!!!

Oh, and here's an extra high energy rare pepe just to ease things along.

Will my anime get delayed?

Lord kek's will has been said, it will be done. Japan will meet its fate at the hands of a memequake.

enenews.com/

Lots of skyscrapers are being retrofitted to reduce shaking, and they've been doing drills and prep based on a magnitude 9 quake, not a 7.9 or so like they did before 3/11.

About as accurate as Jim Stone

>Land of the Rising Water

No, we'll still get the last episode of shitty Macross Delta and they'll sing Do You Remember Love into oblivion.

>pretty safe.
as long as they have power to run the pumps. That has to come from offsite.

No electricity, no pumps, no cooling, no good.

They have generators for backup and batteries after that, but generators are as finite as the fuel supply. Batteries even less.

If this is a foreshock to a megaquake, it is a good possibility of massive power loss. Those rods loose cooling long enough and they'll boil the water off, then combust.

That would be the point we would say goodbye to the northern hemisphere.

I mean they're never gonna find the corium. They tried to send drones into the room containing the pressure vessel, and all of the nucleon emissions destroyed the drone's electronics. The drone's just quit working.

He's white you fucking piece of shit Loser weeb

Yep.

We need to turn this into a Kek thread and build up the meme magic levels to memequake levels.

Yeah, I know. They literally said that unless we invent new technology, we will never be able to fix it.

Even covering the whole thing in a mountain of concrete wouldn't do any good.

is wishing for another person's safety make me a weeb? if so, then i am a weeb.

glad you're safe buddy, we all love you guys

This is quite literally something we should get technology like Michelangelo's back for

oR...... What TI F WE nUKED the plANT?

This is why we come to Cred Forums.

Look at the number of earthquakes around that triple junction: earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/#{"autoUpdate":["autoUpdate"],"basemap":"grayscale","feed":"1day_m25","listFormat":"default","mapposition":[[32.008075959291055,-223.04443359374997],[37.34395908944491,-212.288818359375]],"overlays":["plates"],"restrictListToMap":["restrictListToMap"],"search":null,"sort":"newest","timezone":"utc","viewModes":["list","map"],"event":null}.

It's going to turn into a memequake, this is just the beginning of the bigger stuff.

c-cuz i like japan

Neat. Stay safe.

Are my Japanese animes okay?!?!?

There will be foreshock though.
Your kind will be punished for unleashing pic related onto the world.

spiders ?

I like how Japan/Turkey relations started

>Relations between the two countries started in the 19th century. A foundational event occurred in 1890, when the Turkish frigate Ertuğrul sank off the coast of Wakayama, Japan, after having an audience with the Meiji Emperor. The surviving sailors were taken back to Istanbul by two Japanese frigates. A monument commemorating the Ottoman sailors has been erected in Kushimoto of Wakayama Prefecture, near the Kushimoto Turkish Memorial Museum

>That would be the point we would say goodbye to the northern hemisphere.

Does anyone know the specific chemistry of this? The rods get hot and react with O2 or N2 in the atmosphere? And then what? Newly formed molecules of cesium, strontium, other decay sequence elements, and other stuff, start floating in the air? But wouldn't those molecules be heavier than most air components, and this settle around Japan only?

yeah i know the event, i grew up in a street called kushimoto.

Hiroyuki, will die if he really sold Cred Forums!

PRAISE KEK!!!!

It's because of what they're made of and the properties they have:

>Fuel rods in many types of nuclear reactors consist of pellets of fissile material (uranium and plutonium) sheathed in a metal alloy called zircaloy, made unsurprisingly from zirconium.

>Zircaloy seems to be one of the major reasons why the Fukushima crisis is scary. When the earthquake happened, the reactors automatically inserted neutron-absorbing control rods to stop the nuclear chain reaction. This process is called a SCRAM. Despite this, the fuel rods are still producing heat because of other ongoing nuclear reactions (decay heat). This is what makes Zircaloy so worrisome, because when it gets heated up it can oxidize or burn exothermically, producing even more heat. That adds to the risk that fissile material will end up in the wider environment. It also adds to the risk that the nuclear fuel will melt, dribble down to the bottom of the reactor containment vessel, and re-form a critical mass.

>burycoal.com/blog/2011/03/18/zircaloy-is-a-problem/

deepmeem.freeforums.net
>Chinese board gets promoted by Chinese man
>Japanese earthquake
You japs deserve it.

>Alternative coolant injection equipment, such as concrete pump trucks, having been deployed so as to enable sufficient time to restore cooling function if the fuel pools become unable to be cooled due to damage to primary/secondary pump pipes, etc., by an earthquake or tsunami.
In this instance, it has been concluded that a minimum of 16 days (Unit 4 ) would be required to reach a point where fuel pool water level is maintained at a certain level (2m from top of active fuel: water level at which shielding is deemed effective) since water temperatures will rise and water levels will decrease.
>Even if it is difficult to cool the pools using emergency coolant injection equipment, and concrete pump trucks, etc., are used to cool the pools, cooling could be restored in approximately 6 hours even if cooling function is lost.

I'm not saying it'll be fine no matter what happens, but it's not like they have them sitting in some kid's wading pool either.

fdada.info/en/currentstatus/decommissioning-4

Neat, considering they were probably the first non-Japanese they'd ever seen, it could have gone another way real easy.

somebody fuckin make an account

>It also adds to the risk that the nuclear fuel will melt, dribble down to the bottom of the reactor containment vessel, and re-form a critical mass.

That would be so fun. If we all had to watch it happen, could do nothing to stop it, and a small nuke detonates.

Could you not?!

when there is earthquake i always hold hand arround the dick

when earth began to shake the dick strobe itself

is like sex with the earth

>I wish you the best also, with your black people, and your spiders.
You work at Hallmark?

Is the anime ok?

>6.4
>earthquake
Pick one.

>it's not like they have them sitting in some kid's wading pool either.

Yeah, I know.

It is something to consider, though.

It's about 100km south of me, I stay up to date on it. 3/11 was biggest happening since 9/11 for me

>tfw watching the reactor buildings explode on live TV, than an earthquake warning blares too.

fucking kek

wow, I'm sure it must have been a life changing moment for you, user

I watched from afar and it made a deep impression on me and then the way JapGov and Turdco handled the whole thing really angered me for the people of Japan.

Yep, had a bad few years where I drank a lot because of some of the memories of IDing people, etc., but I'm pretty much better these days, married and everything.