If Jeejee turned water into wine, why come some people on /pol consider drinking in moderation degenerate behavior?

If Jeejee turned water into wine, why come some people on /pol consider drinking in moderation degenerate behavior?

Other urls found in this thread:

netbiblestudy.net/bulletin/new_page_90.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shit in the mouth of christ

useless protestants took their aversion to alcohol from the jews.

like they did usury

Because some people aren't catholic.

They like the ego trip they get from being a straight-edge cuck. They should just admit that they secretly want to practice Islam.

Wine in Bible often refers to grape juice.

Nothing wrong with moderate drinking, I don't do it because I love booze too much, but to those who do more power to them.

Protty here
>Implying wine is not referring to non-alcoholic fruit juice.

Cred Forums is for everything Jesus was for anyway. The right just listens to Jesus as a sort of "that sounds nice" and does the exact opposite.

what evidence do you have to back up that assertion?

I don't believe that for a fucking second.

fill yourself up with the Spirit instead

degenerate

Might as well smoke crack in moderation.

Drinking isnt a sin, being drunk is. I also doubt the alcoholic content was anywhere close to the alcohol thats sold today

>Look at me changing words when its convenient for me.

Wine is wine. Stop whining. You know Im winning, Im also running wine.

The brewing of alcohol has, for thousands of years, been a reliable way to make (potentially unsafe) water into a potable drink. You can fuck off.

Potable doesn't imply healthy or nutritious in any way.

Piss is potable.

because very little of the bible actually happened unless you're a brainwashed retard. it's esoteric. Jehova was not on a fucking mountain talking to kikes that lived for 900 years.

The Bebbel
The Bebbel forbids drunkenness. Fermented wine causes intoxication. Therefore if God forbid drunkenness how could he then create and give wine to people, which would be promoting drunkenness.

Wine from that time was hardly intoxicating, they made wine and beer to purify water because of alcohol's anti-bacterial properties.

>current year
>protestants
not even once

All branches of Christianity recognise abstinence as a sign of piety.

Additionally, beer used to be cheaper than drinking water. Even those who could afford clean water were safer in drinking something fermented instead, something about bacteria types. Turning water into wine was a double whammy because wine was a luxury product, and fermentation removed the risk of onfection.

The life of an ascetic is the best chance of salvation in almost all religions. The exception is islam of course. Sura 9 is basically one big condemnation of anyone who hesitates in genociding kuffar and "hypocrites", allah doesn't give a fuck how pious you are as long as you slay and are slain.

>tl;dr
wtf i hate jesus now really made me think

PRotestants take the term "New Wine" to mean he made grape juice. They actually believe Jesus made grape juice at a wedding ceremony.

So they can keep on being against wine.

Dude, if Jesus turned water to wine then alcoholism is holy as fuck.
Seriously, that's the kind of superpower only an alcoholic would choose.

netbiblestudy.net/bulletin/new_page_90.htm

If God doesn't want me to drink he can choke on my left nut desu.

that is the dumbest and most protestant thing I've ever read

it's so dishonest a mormon could have written it

Protestants do all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify their weird and sometimes oddly specific beliefs. I knew a guy in high school that was a member of the Church of Christ. If you prodded him he would go on autistic rants about how all the heathens use instruments in church and god weeps for their souls. It's amazing how someone can hold such silly beliefs.

At least the Mormons had the balls to just make their own damn book.

true believer here i actually am an expert on this topic

you are allowed to drink alcohol, insomuchas you do not get drunk.

you can drink a glass or two for dinner like the italians and not be committing sin

but as soon as you get drunk you are committing sin

facts

no it was not grape juice that Jesus made however it did have less of an alcohol content than it does today

Ancient wine was very weak by modern standards, as in 2% alcohol or less.

It was fermented, just weakly.

The alcohol made the water safe to drink.

Oh is that so? Well well welly well answer me this friendo. If you are allowed to drink alcohol, but not unto drunkenness, what would be considered to much alcohol? In other words at what point does one become intoxicated?
>Checkmate non WASP Protestants.

To put it in perspective: Mary came to Jesus to tell him they wee out of wine. (read it!) Jesus hemmed a bit with Mom, then said "OK I'll do it" - Ordered FIVE (5) Stone Amphora Jugs each one holding about 60 Gallons (!!) EACH of water to be filled up. (300 gallons) Now remember this was AFTER they had already drunk the other jugs dry! Jesus then turns all 300 GALLONS into the BEST Dago-Red Zinfandel, Merlot and Pinot-Noir you ever tasted. It's True! Read it! *Jesus was a PARTY ANIMAL who loved a Keg Party!*

A lot of shit god forbids and says is a sin gets wiped away in the new testament.

He did it for the lulz and to impress the hoes.

that would be up to your own conscience to determine when youre getting drunk and you need to stop

like i said i would stick with the 2 glasses maximum if i really wanted to drink alcohol SOOOOOOOO badly

John 2:1-2:11

(QUOTE): "On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus [Mary] was there. Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. When the wine gave out, the mother of Jesus said to him, “They have no wine.” [Hey Son, we need more booze.] And Jesus said to her, “Woman, what concern is that to you and to me? My hour has not yet come.” [Woman, can't U see I'm busy here with my Bro's?]His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.” [Jesus face-plants...Can't argue with Mom esp at a party - Oyvey!] Now standing there were six stone water jars for the Jewish rites of purification, each holding twenty or thirty gallons. Jesus said to them, “Fill the jars with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. He said to them, “Now draw some out, and take it to the chief steward.” [the Matre-D] So they took it. When the steward tasted the water that had become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew - LOL!! ), the steward called the bridegroom and said to him, Damm niggah! everyone serves the good wine first, and then the Ripple after the guests have become drunk. But you have kept the good wine until now.” Sheeeeettt!! - Jesus did this, the first of his signs, in Cana of Galilee, and revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

There u go. Right outta the Old Book! Well sort of...

Ephesians 5:18 "And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit"
Clearly drunkenness is not permissible. That is why when the United States used to be a Christian nation people looked down on drunkards and even banned alcohol.

When your mental capacities are negatively impacted by alcohol your mind is impeded, and thus not doing its best to love God. To drink is not a sin, but to become drunk is to defy the word of God.

Wine is meant to represent the blood of christ. Much like the bread is his body.

Pretty sure this has been pointed out already.

Wow just wow I can't even.
>The current year
>Drinking the fermented Hebrew.
Alcohol is also estrogenic.Enjoy your man boobs and say goodbye to your gains brah.

In the past it was safer to drink alcohol vs water.

i dont drink m8 i have no interest in it and dont like the taste of any alcoholic drink i think its nasty

im merely saying its not a sin to drink a glass of wine with dinner

it is the truth........

even though i dont UNDERSTAND why someone would want to.

So to consume alcohol is "OK".
But to get drunk is a sin.
Regardless the fact Jesus made 300+ gallons
of Dago-red Zinfadel (Kosher too!!) at a wedding
party after EVERYONE was ALREADY DRUNK !!

LMAO your logic is so f--ked up...

>assuming wine back then was the same as today's wine
>assuming wine had alcohol back then
>ignoring the fact that wine was fruit juice back then

kek

Ok fine. If some metro sexual effeminate hipster want's to have a glass of wine with his vegan quinoa dinner I guess he might not go to hell... possibly.

it isn't
it's about moderation and self control

>not being a vegan
>not eating quinoa

you still need to learn some more stuff brotherin

alcoholic beer was invented the same time as bread

yeah their wine probably wasn't as strong, but it was definitely still fermented

This. (((They))) have been manipulating our minds to believe it was always alcoholic but the truth is alcohol is an industrial product made of Fluoride that the Jews add to wine

Doesn't make any sense since European protestants (i.e the originals) all drink alcohol

To get drunk habitually or when you are in a state of emotional instability is a sin. To get drunk at a wedding is a good thing. It means you can stand drinking with other people

I haven't taken the vegan pill yet. I was a vegetarian for a year when I was practicing Tantric Yoga... it was a weird phase. How do I get massive gains being a vegan?

I believe what makes drunkeness sinful is that you are doing it to escape the reality that God has given you. Scuicide is a mortal sin because you are rejecting life and reality. Jesus drank wine, and I'm sure many people in the bible where doing some form of hallucinagin. But they never huffed glue to escape their fast, or their penance, or tribulations.
Or I could just be talking out of my ass, I'm not a very good Christian :(

>/pol
We aren't cuckstains.
They're refugees.
They're about as Cred Forums as a somalian is german.

And they have to go back.

>massive gains

i wouldnt recommend it. having big muscles is kind of prideful and materialistic and unecessary in the modern age

1 Timothy 4:8King James Version (KJV)
8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

Jesus fasted in the desert for 40 days he was likely a very very slim dude

But if you realllllllllllllly have to do it.. its peanut butter lots of nuts and seeds high protein

Puritans got banished to the Americas for acting like crazy Ahmeds.

A common misconception about alcoholic drinks in ancient times is that they were consumed in a similar fashion as today. During the life of Jesus, around 10 - 30 AD, the common practice in the Roman world was to drink highly diluted wine. This was available to men, women, and children. This is still practiced in some parts of Europe known as table wine. It is now known as well that this helps sterilize the water which is important in locations with poor sanitation. The Romans and Greeks considered getting drunk barbaric. It makes some sense when you realize that you would have to consume over a gallon of diluted wine to become intoxicated. The event is also important. The wedding was an important event not just for the family but also for the region. Hundreds of people came to this and even drinking watered down wine they would run out eventually. In terms of Biblical doctrine the most said a bout alcohol is mentioned by Solomon in Proverbs and Song of Solomon. Simply put if you drink wine to get drunk you are a fool, according to the Bible. Most Christians, protestants especially, tend to stay away from any alcohol as it carries negative connotations in today's culture. And finally, it is also mentioned that each person has their own stumbling blocks in their lives and for some people that is alcohol so they do their best to avoid it.

I don't think I can swallow that pill. I use my muscles to force women into submission and enforce patriarchy. A cum skin nigga gotta let these hoes know that I have God given authority over them, and that they have to submit.

Non-alcoholic win. The Bible says to beware win that stings like a serpent. You can still drink alcohol, but beware that it can corrupt.

wine*

Cause turning it into wine is an easy way to sterilize drinking water. You've got water filtration systems now so you don't have that excuse unless you're from a third world country.

What? There's no flourine in alcohol... Alcohol is carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen

Jews drink wine I thought

You realize the difference between wine then and now... right? It was mainly to sterilize contaminated water back then, more necessity than "fun".

Only sissies and nu people are vegans

What they couldn't just boil it in kettles?

It's easier to pick some fruit to make wine than cut down a tree to make a fire.

This
But alcoholics will use this misunderstanding to condone their drunkness

Proverbs 31:4
>It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine, or for rulers to desire strong drink;
If Jesus is a king, then he did not consume alcohol.

John 18:37
>Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth. Every one who is of the truth hears my voice.”
Jesus is a king.

Therefore, Cuckthlics/Orthocucks BTFO