What should i watch Cred Forums?

I want to watch an action movie.

Finished up the matrix series a few weeks ago and it was amazing. (yes even the second one, third one eh but still a decent finish)

I want something that has some political stuff in it maybe, perhaps a little si-fi?

Help me out Cred Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nWfh0OuTKKE
youtube.com/shared?ci=-VN-m47R0A8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Equilibrium.

Collateral and John Wick

good pick.

I suggest Dr. Strangelove

Event Horizon
Gladiator
Troy
Hard Times
Rundown

Snowpiercer. All the philosophical bullshit is worth it for the scene showing production of protein bars.

Yeah, been looking into this

Hey red-pill me on rotten tomatoes.

Should i consider them a reliable reviewer? or is it tainted by (((them)))

Try Kubrick's Paths of Glory or Full Metal Jacket.

It the skypes for sure

Dr strangelove is fucking boring.

All of Stanley kulbrick films. THX 1138 was George Lucas's first major film and kinda like Equilibrium in some themes.

John Wick

>Troy
>Rundown
KYS?

13 hours

i love event horizon but god damn troy was so fucking boring. I'd rather watch Rome.

This is another good one.

The new Judge Dredd is decent too. Not really political but a good action flick.

Stupid, anything pre 1999 era is not worth watching.

>Rome
Great TV SHOW, bad example for (You)
try again

TIL
pol has pol taste in movies

its dry humor. I found it hilarious.

Please see

13 Hours

The Bourne Legacy, the one that does not have Matt Damon in it, is Pol the movie. It could serve as a first redpill for newcomers. And it has an extra late in the film who looks an awful lot like a certain loud Texan radio host.
Oblivion is stunningly redpilled and has reasonably good action.
Zulu, but then I assume you've already seen that.
I'm crazy about The Spy Who came In From The Cold, but it's less about action and more about alcohol.
First Deathwish movie, specifically the scene at the range in the dark.
Bialy Tigr is very good but very uneven.
Brotherhood of War is very good.
There is an excellent doc on Vietnam called The Ten Thousand Day War.
And the Rhodie stuff on I believe it's Johnny Shoot Stuff at YouTube.

I liked that one too. Everyone else I know doesnt like it.

Rotten Tomatoes consistently shows the same big difference between popular and critic tastes that everyone knew about before the site was started. It's mainstream media online, recreating the confusion once generated by newspapers.

Consider Le Cercle Rouge or Armee Des Ombres by MELVILLE, or the deliberately cheap-looking but stunningly effective Rolling Thunder.

Hard Boiled

Vision Quest

Total Recall
youtube.com/watch?v=nWfh0OuTKKE

Look up dystopian movies. Generally action with some political stuff, usually in the future. Movies like equilibrium, blade runner, minority report, dark city, demolition man, all fall in this category.

Not a film, but Jean Claude van Johnson is a great show. Only 1 episode is available, but it looks great.

JCvD plays himself, the 80s action star, but has a secret identity as an killer agent with lots of comedic references to his filmography.
youtube.com/shared?ci=-VN-m47R0A8

You know what the problem with Hollywood is. They make shit. Unbelievable, unremarkable shit. Now I'm not some grungy wannabe filmmaker, that's searching for existentialism through a haze of bong smoke or something (slight chuckle) No, it's easy to pick apart bad acting, short-sighted directing, and a purely moronic stringing together of words than many of studios term as prose. No, I'm talking about the lack of realism. Realism. Not a pervasive element in today's modern American cinematic vision. Take 'Dog Day Afternoon' for example. Arguably Pacino's best work, short of 'Scarface' and 'Godfather' part one of course. Masterpiece of directing, easily Lumet's best. The cinematography, the acting, the screenplay, all top notch. But they didn't push the envelope. Now what if in 'Dog Day,' Sonny really wanted to get away with it? What if - now here's the tricky part - what if he started killing hostages right away? No mercy, no quarter. "Meet our demands or the pretty blond in the bellbottoms gets it in the back of the head." Bam, splat! "What, still no bus?" Come on. How many innocent victims splattered across the window would it take to have the city to reverse it's policy on hostage situations? And this is 1976, there's no CNN, there's no CNBC, there's no Internet! Now, fast-forward to today. Present time, same situation. How quickly would the modern media make a frenzy over this? In a matter of hours, it would be the, the biggest story from Boston to Budapest. Ten hostages die. Twenty, thirty. Relentless, bam bim, one after another. All caught in hi-def, computer-enhanced, color-corrected. You can practically taste the brain-matter. All for what, a bus? A plane? A couple of million dollars that's federally insured? I don't think so. Just a thought. I mean, it's not within the realm of conventional cinema...but what if?

Demolition man

Commando(just feel good action, no 2deep4u)

Save the Green Planet

Oblivion if you want a more recent sci-fi movie.

I was also a big fan of Live, Die, Repeat since it reminded me of my American vidcon