China is Losing it's Space Station

independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-space-station-tiangong-1-crash-tiangong-1-out-of-control-a7319916.html

Another article said it will land anywhere between 43N and 43S, meaning most of the globe.

What do you think Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

n2yo.com/?s=37820
engineeringtoolbox.com/impact-force-d_1780.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chinese engineering and craftsmanship at it's finest. So, where do we want it to crash for maximum keks?

what about the astronauts?

Mecca

Tel Aviv

I'm hoping we'll get to fine another space agency for littering

It has been empty for at least a year.

please hit a refugee camp

niggas you are aware it's not gonna hit the earth at full speed in one solid chunk right?

We all know its going to hit Japan.

lol. Did they ever move in?

tfw n61
good luck gentlemen
please this- right onto the box

A bunch of 100kg chunks falling from space can do a lot of damage regardless. Gravity is a bitch.

It would be nice if it did though.. Especially if it hit Mecca.

Who cares, it can make a big hole in something. Politicians will freak if it hits any highly populated area.

Repeating digits and it puts me out of my fucking misery.

Also trump wins.

will there be any survivors?

anons, is there any way to meme this into a massive happening? I mean can we physically alter this space stations trajectory with our dank meme magic?

>A bunch of 100kg chunks
>it can make a big hole in something

If it lands at my house I'm keeping it.

it can make a big hole in your kangaroo face bogan

China

The debris is most likely highly toxic from the hydrazine propellant.

Mecca

You're not that good at physics and math I guess. Ever heard of acceleration?

watch the orbital track here and pucker every-time it is projected to pass over your location?

Track available here: n2yo.com/?s=37820

>expecting china
>to pay a fine
>for littering

Is this that biting Austrian banter I've heard so much about?

north korea

>losing control
>crash
that's not how orbital mechanics work

things that get closer to the object they orbit around don't crash, unless we are talking something still well within the atmosphere/intercepting the atmosphere

it'd be hilarious if it flyes off somewhere

jesus christ

Some refugee camp.

I am going to assume that, since it is Chinese, it is covered in paper lanterns. These will burn up, but will also give fair warning to whomever is below as a large fireball (perhaps in the former of a legless dragon, shutting Tumblr up about ableism for .5 seconds, a record). The station is, if my calculations are correct, designed to function as an opium den as well. This means that kilos of opium, protected by the small ornate chests that they use to store everything, will rain down like mana from the heavens throughout the greater Chicago area. A large book of indecipherable characters will hit a black man in South Carolina that is, at that moment, carrying a gun. Killing him instantly. The irony will spark riots.

>What do you think Cred Forums?

Asians confirmed for bad drivers.

Any second now

for you

I wonder why no one is talking about this.

And pet food.

they are thinking they are as a big as a ship
common mistake
ships are empty within

They lost the ability to maintain orbit and alter the direction it falls.. There is a part of the ocean that they normally steer them to.

I can't tell if everyone's retarded or just shitposting
what the fuck did I walk in on here?

Come on guys it's 70% chance it just falls in the ocean
10% chance of even hitting a sparsely populated area. Actually crashing on something noteworthy would be as unlikely as me getting quints

>Australian education
f=ma you stupid google.

You're an idiot. Earths heat shield wouldn't completely break up the entire station. The station will eventually reach terminal velocity which would still be enough damage to enough to do some serious damage. Imagine dropping a rock the size of a basketball from 3 miles in the air what the damage would do. Now compare that to a Volvo sized rock.

Very few people in this thread know how objects fall from orbit and are talking out of their ass.

How much you figure a piece of this thing will sell on ebay. I was going to fake religious artifacts and sell them, but this has possibilities.

Yeah....Fuck Australians

You're a false prophet. I pray to KEK it lands in Helsinki.

Crashing this space station with no survivors

engineeringtoolbox.com/impact-force-d_1780.html

This user gets it.

Double dubs. Impressive
But don't get too confident Sven

TAKE THIS KEKHOLM

> Earth heat shield
Is that burgerish for atmosphere?

But otherwise I agree with your post.

Think about it,Simo: If we're lucky enough, it could crash into D.C. or Berlin!

calais

KEK has willed it. Helsinki will burn.

Sorry for calling you a false prophet though. You correctly stated that it wont hit anything noteworthy and KEK confirmed it.

Considering that it's early morning over here, he's either very tired or just drunk. It's a 50/50 chance.

think of a plastic band. You can stretch the orbit or widen it, but it's still the same length.
I know it sounds strange but due to math magik that's similar to how orbits work.

This goes out of the water if the thing orbits in LEO like the ISS though. The atmosphere doesn't magically cease to exist at a given altitude, it fades away. The ISS is well within it, it drops 50Km everyday iirc and needs to be pushed back up (or better INTO orbit, there's no really up&down working concept in space, aside the North Star for reference purposes).

It's okay neighbor

Thanks, I was trying to dumb it down for the other burgers. Wonder if anyone plays KSP?

lmao

Down a bottle of Kossu for me, Finbro. I'll see you all in Hell.

I play it, but I'm shit at physics...

>There will be lumps of about 100kg or so, still enough to give you a nasty wallop if it hit you
a nasty wallop

Syria

So what you're saying is.. Mecca might get celestial scattershot?

>I am okay with this.

(Actually in all probability it will burn up somewhere over the ocean.)

>Volvo sized rock
>Volvo is known for making overly heavy cars
100 Kg is far far smaller and projectiles don't work like that.

It's the same issue with the memerods, it'd make a pretty deep big hole, release a shitton of energy in the surrounding atmosphere but it'd be very circoscripted.

To make a BIG hole you need a BIG thing

exactly where it launched from

Here's the Space Shuttle for reference.

Trump Tower

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother

>n2yo.com/?s=37820
damn missed Saudi Arabia, go Somalia

praise kek, let it be so

You have to go. Back to Africa.

>Mecca

Please this

>Mecca might get celestial scattershot?

It would be hilarious if they build a new box (like they did plenty times before) and start worshipping the debris.

>Another article said it will land anywhere between 43N and 43S, meaning most of the globe.

Please let it be Sweden please pretty please...

>43N and 43S
So glad I'm safe now.
But man, that's right in Middle East and Africa country.

The station is a Chinese knock-off of an almost 40 year old Soviet design.. Let that sink it, combined with propellants and it's construction to "withstand any impact" as well as main power array, if that fucker hits somewhere anywhere close to a major middle eastern city I expect the silk road to become an invasion route.

If it hits Israel I'm just going to assume the jews are going to tank the Chinese economy and put better puppets in charge.

Meh, even a Volvo tractor trailer would burn up before reaching the earf.

That would be funny.

>Please let it be Sweden please pretty please...

It will be Helsinki.

Please let it be Mecca

>mfw Mossad starts shape charging Chinese aeronautical engineers in Shanghai traffic like they did with the nuclear engineers in Tehran.

Huge ass piece from skylab.

I see you fuckers forgot about skylab coming down on your heads.

This Make it happen

It's very likely that they dumped the tanks, and if they haven't they'll be the first thing to go once it heats up on reentry.

Okay a google might make it look small. Here is a satellite about the same size.

>tfw 42N
I just bought a cheapass chinese monocular some time ago, the fucker surprisingly works for sky seeing even with a lamppost in front of it, for what I paid it of course.

If it lands any close I'll get to be like pic related

Some of its gotta have some platinum or gold or sum sheet on it

ayo hol up

webouutaa rip da coppa out dat chinese space station nigga

wow americans just got REKT

I do on a semi regular basis, and the Italian has it right for the most part. Space stations and low orbiting satellites must be regularly boosted through onboard rockets or attached spacecraft or atmospheric drag will eventually pull them out of orbit and into the lower atmosphere where it will burn. It in fact is the reason why many rockets and payloads launched have their periapsis (the lowest point in their orbits) close to the atmosphere, so if something fucks up, the fucked up part will decay safely into the atmosphere instead of becoming a bigger piece of orbital debris.

The Italian got the decay rate wrong though, it takes months for it to decay 50km, and the decay rate is dependent on solar and high atmospheric activity (high solar activity puffs the atmosphere up, increasing drag). Pic related.

Sydney

Ya, I noticed that as I read the thread further. Doesn't matter, that shit hole is filled with niggers, ragheads, leftists and fennoswedes so nothing of value is lost.

I wish it will hit our parlament...

since there has been no digits yet I propose near the south face of khufus pyramid. thats where the tunnels are and we need the public to know dammit

tryin again

What if it takes a chunk out of everything mentioned so far?

see

the debate stage. Hillary's podium

It will hit the ocean

move along

This, praise kek

this makes me want to play kerbal

May the chinks be useful once in their life.