Military

Is it worth it Cred Forums?

Yes, sign up, someone's gotta fight off those emus

>joining ZOG

Yes. You get paid to work out, travel and meet new people. I wish I could've seen that when I was 18.

yes, for once in your life you'll know what is it like having a father.

fuck no become a cop instead
>no ieds
>no air force ff
>no artillery
>no fucking durkas
>loads of local ladies to control and intimidate
>can beat up hicks

I never got my chance to serve but if its something you really wanna do, go for it. Just remember though that there is trannies in really high places in command in Australia

If you're a dumbass

I don't regret it but I would never do it again and I'm glad I'm out early next year. Great steady pay for an unqualified kid with no experience

Sure if you want to die for the jews

It was worth it before 9/11

Dude, he's Australian. I'm sure their cops see just as much as the military now.

Why wouldnt you do it again? The fear of death?

No. Never become a cop. Join one of the easy branches.

Depends on your situation. As with any other major life decision.

It's not a bad deal but while you're in it's going to be a total shit show. Two ways you can look at it: An adventure or a job training opportunity. Figure that one out first and treat your time accordingly.

>Join one of the easy branches.
He's never gonna make it.

When I was a dumb kid fresh out of high school it seemed fun and I bought into the "accelerate your life" line. Nearly 5 years later I have experienced how awful it is and would never do it again

>cop
>no ieds
Not yet at least. I'm really surprised a terrorist hasn't called in a 911 call and then set off a bomb when the cops arrived yet.

Former Marine here. Yes its worth it. Make sure to be picky with your MOS. In the US you take a pre test and the score of your test determines what jobs you are qualified for. Nobody wants to be a mechanic and driver Humvees for the rest of their career. I jumped with a few britfags in my second pre deployment. Cool dudes.

Awful? please go on

>Nobody wants to be a mechanic
A friend of mine was a heli mechanic in the army and now he works at Sikorsky and has done work on Trump's helicopter.

no

if you go join the army

Disregard the britfag comment. I confused your flag for theirs

Wait for Trump.

I rather fight Emu's than fucking Niggers cunt.

>I confused your flag for theirs

You weren't a helicopter pilot, by chance, were you?

Lol not saying it wont pay off after you get out man. Just saying that job is boring as fck while one is in the military thats all. Im glad he was able to transition and find a job with the craft he learned inside the military. Not everyone is that lucky

Not now. Wait until after election.

Think about it, who would you rather be fighting for? Trump or Hillary?

I'd join if interested and Trump was president. If Hillary gets in lol the old hag can suck it.

Negative ghost rider

I liked my service. Don't know what its like as a career but at least you'll have based dudes as colleagues.

Lol didn't even see the flag. I guess ignore.

>merican edumacation everyone

Is 68W open to women?

I dont know what that is. Is that an MOS for the Army? I was in the marines. Not familiar

If you're a loser sure

It pays about as well as McDonald's and in addition you can get maimed and kill yourself

The upside is if you get killed outright your wife and her bull will get a nice payout

you can be a transgender muslim and go delta so yea 68w is available to women

GI Bill

Become an officer, so you can boss other people around

You should look up pay for enlisted. Its not mcdonalds pay. At least in the US is not. Usually anything above E-5 pays well. Keep in mind full insurance. BAH (basic allowance for housing) and other benefits

OP I grew up in a military family, a lot of my childhood even had drills from basic that my father made me do. At the time I hated it, i wanted to play Nintendo not run laps and do push ups while my father yelled.

Getting older I appricate a lot of the things my father taught me about survival and self discipline.

As far as joining, both my father and brother talked me out of it. Both of them served, Navy and one Army.

I always kept the army on my reserve backup plan list, if i failed out of college. But I didn't fail, i did great and left college with no debt.

I realized the only real reason i wanted to join was to play with some toys, so i ended up getting all the cool toys a civilian can get.

>boring as fck while one is in the military
Yeah lol, we played WoW while he was in Afghanistan because he only repaired things like once a week.

What a world we live in, playing MMOs in a warzone.

Don't you think foreigners should be able to enlist for the US army? I wish I could, but only if you have a green card/permanent visa.

I plan on going to AF after college and do CCT or TACP. Its difficult as shit but I been working out everyday and gonna start running once I get to 175.

My degrees are memes (criminal justice and IT) so I think it's a good way for me to go

You don't have to be a citizen I don't think

But you need a permanent visa.

Same bro. I took my laptop to Ala Asad (camp cupcake). After the SOFA agreement US werent supposed to lead in missions and stuff. All was done in conjunction with Iraqi army. There was a looooot of down time. Poker, Video Games, Movies, Gym... whatever we could do to keep occupied

Many enlisted are on food stamps. If you do pay by the hour it's actually a lot less than McDonald's since military can work 24/7 many times

I understand a lot of poor's have literally nothing but the military as a choice (service or prison) but to be honest if you work at McDs or Walmart and save your money you'll be richer than most military and have better job experience.

Some people can live with every aspect of their life being controlled.

If you have a based CO, its actually one of the best times you can live. Being a beast of burden and a fighting animal for a group can be the best feeling in world when you click with that group. Every worry in the world melts away and only the mission matters. The tasks that can range between the most mundane and the most dangerous become doable and worthy of everything you can give and more. Be warned though, when you leave that, its hard to find that sense of belonging.

Get a chick or a commander that embarrasses you, however, and its a life not worth living.

Either way, your ass belongs to someone else.

Wouldn't recommend it unless you're patriotic or have a strong feeling of serving your country.

Military can be rewarding yet incredibly restricting since everything in your life is controlled. My service was a experience worth going through but there is no way I'd ever do it as my job.

I disagree amigo. But theres nothing wrong with your opinion. I do agree veterans are not being taken care of after their service to the US. Thats why im a big believer to take advantage of the GI Bill when a person is in. And be picky with the MOS a person picks before going in. For example picking a job that a person can easily transition into the civilian sector.

>I do agree veterans are not being taken care of after their service to the US
?

>army
>accepting 18 year olds

There's far fewer vacancies than there are applicants for the ADF right now. If you're 18, just out of high school, or whatever, don't get your hopes up. Most who are accepted are between 20-24, have worked for some time in a labor intensive job, in peak fitness etc. It's not the military's responsibility to be there for you. They only have so many vacancies, and they have to give them to the most reliable candidate.
It sucks but that's peacetime on an almost strategically uninvadable island for you.

Of course even if you don't fit the bill, try, it'll look good next year if you're given feed back and you meet each of those points, show you're committed.