Why do Burgers look down on 9mm handguns?

They kill too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wXwPtP-KDNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

9mm is for little girls

like choosing a butter knife instead of a machete

I like my 45 because even when a guy is high, a 45 is going to make him stop.

They don't kill fast enough

Because 9mm was designed by dirty krauts and .45 was designed by a strong American.

If the round is smaller than my 7 inch dick, then it's made for women.

If you don't roll .45 you are a cuck.

>Ninelets

>handgun cartridges

Because it has little to no stopping power whatsoever. You ever try to take down a drugged up nigger with a 9mm? You need 45 pr .454 casual if you wanna bring down one of those concrete gorillas

Oh and Azns look down on 9mm too

why 10mm is not pointy like 9 mm?

I've only ever shot a 9mm handgun a few times in my life, and they feel just as deadly as any other firearm. Don't really see the problem

Do you want to stop a burglar from raping your family or do you want to prick them with thumbtacks?

I don't, 9mm can be better for getting more stopping power down range since there's less recoil and you can take more shots and typically have a higher magazine capacity.

so will a 9mm.
Except I get 50% more rounds per magazine.
.45 is literally a meme round

>not powerful enough to reliably penetrate bone
What's the point?

>what are double stacks

we don't we laugh at retards who like .45
pretty soon 9mm will be the new .45 as 5.7x28 dawns as the true master race.

Because 7 8 9

t. Leafy manlet

Because they're measured in metric, I would have to guess.

I'd get banned for trolling if I asked /k/ this, so I'll ask here: why wouldn't the tip be aerodynamic?

>I like my 45 because even when a guy is high, a 45 is going to make him stop.

handguns don't have "stopping power", you fucking retard.

Becuase pointy rounds are gay

9mm have better handling and with modern ballistics the effect on flesh is extremely minimal.

.40 is a meme round.

thats a good story grandpa

>Not having the round ricochet off the bone and cause even more internal damaging.

You mean if you shoot them in the face, and if it hits bone or skull it will actually bounce off?

Wtf?

We really don't give a fuck, it's a meme. People say shit now like .38 special isn't enough stoppan powahh.

Yeah that's why most law enforcement use 9mm

What are hollowpoints?

Because 10mm are used to take down animals and gigganigger 5000.

I like .45 ACP and 10mm

Isn't that the point? Not to cause lethal damage, just to get rid of the threat the target poses.

>a frog round

why

t. man who has never been shot by anything other than a paintball.

Because even a .22 is more lethal

>Stopping power

Stopping power is mostly a meme, but there is some truth to killing somebody without incapacitating them.

In a close range, self defense situation that handguns are designed for, you want to incapacitate your aggressor so they can no longer harm you.

Punching a fatal hole that causes bleed-out in 60 seconds is still 60 more seconds that your aggressor can cause harm. If they're worth shooting once, they're worth shooting more than once.

Because it doesn't have to follow Geneva Convention regulations as it is not a military designated round. Geneva doesn't like hollow points

/k/ is like Cred Forums and will answer anyways even though they hate it and have a thread for it

stopped Trayvon

>>t. man who has never been shot by anything other than a paintball.

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=wXwPtP-KDNk

My guess would be penetration. If the bullet is pointed it'll penetrate more, which in the case of shooting someone isn't necessarily a good thing.

10mm isn't just for when you've absolutely got to liquidate a nigga, but also when you need to knock a hole in his wall to get to him, first

I don't look down on them. +p hollow point is sufficient for carry

In Yurocuckea a 9mm is more available round

They're a kind of bullet that expands after hitting the target, lessening its penetration.

w-what
muh 5.7x28 mofugga

This isn't the 90s anymore. The internet and glock love has put a severe dent in the .45 interest.

Now instead of glock many are getting M&P 9mms, also the popularization of subcompact pistols in the US has boosted 9mm.

its spinning in the air so fast it really doesnt need to be more aerodynamic, theres even completely flat rounds called wadcutters.

Flat nosed bullets impart more energy on impact, even though they are less aerodynamic than normal ball (rounded tip) ammo which makes them supposedly more effective for self defense

cant conceal a double stack .45 readily, they're the size of a third trimester fetus.

Isn't there some "assault magazine size" restriction in place in the states anyway? But anyway, it's not about the size of the bullet, it's about the amount of powder.

Can 9mm even compete?

Causing lethal damage is the best way to eliminate a threat though

9mm is supersonic and therefore doesn't leave large entrance/exit wounds, the round is better for maiming.

45 is for real men, I'm jealous of all you amerifats for your sick guns

no thats a meme

.500 S&W or go home

>twn be a sub-compact CC single shot for .500 S&W

9mm are less likely to kill the target, so yes.

That type of bullet is called a "semi-wadcutter". It's for target shooting and makes a nice clean punch hole in your target. The flatness of the bullet doesn't really affect the trajectory of the round at the short distances you shoot handguns. Rifle bullets on the other hand are almost entirely "pointy" with the exception of cast lead bullets (no copper jacket) and those are usually shot out of lever action fudd bullshit.

ballistics favor blunt noses with mass located in the forward third of the object. Or conversely for more aerodynamic drag in the rear of the object. A rounded nose would be slightly more aerodynamic, but not much more, plus it makes the round shorter for a shorter magazine and action.

That's why arrows have fletching in the rear.

>frog
Waffle. Belgium made A LOT of weapons you know.

Are there any studies that prove .45 has more stopping power than a 9mm?

If it's too aerodynamic, it goes right through the body and out the back. The most lethal rounds actually create a shockwave cavity in your body upon penetration, which wrecks your internals. That's why hollow points kill so much

Ask in the QTDDTOT
Good chance someone will answer

>tfw too poor to own a Five seveN

Why even lifes?

>Giggagoogle

>>Causing lethal damage is the best way to eliminate a threat though

lethal damage from handgun wounds is caused by blood loss, not penetration. where you shoot someone and how many times you shoot them is much much more important than the caliber you shoot them with.

see

when you shoot someone, an extremely underrated damage source is the kinetic energy that the body absorbs. it can cause enough damage to shut down all organs near the bullet wound.

when you shoot someone with a 9mm, this doesn't happen. you could even land 2 shots on someone's chest and he could still stay on his feet for some seconds. this is a bad thing when some albanian with a kalashnikov enters your house. you would want him unconscious as soon as possible.

Why do all bullets and missiles look like penises?

is it really just the aerodynamics? this isn't a subconscious projection even a little?

nothin personnel, kid

9mememeter is European
.45 African Chest Perforator is American

But I carry a full size 9mm in my car and conceal my 45 compact.

That's a silly argument. Why do police use hollow points then? Why not FMJ if they're trying to wound but not kill?

There's nothing on the federal level, only shitty states like California have shit like that.

>>when you shoot someone, an extremely underrated damage source is the kinetic energy that the body absorbs. it can cause enough damage to shut down all organs near the bullet wound.

100% bullshit in the case of handgun rounds

Haha yeah everyone who is into guns has a tiny peepee and is also gay am I right hahaha

Google please! For handguns (excluding magnums for purpose of this talk) .50 GI is where it's at

what this guy said its called stopping power it means a bullet can enter the body with such force that it snaps the spine and ruptures organs and it never even touches em

.45 and 9mm have yield near-identical results.

Stopping power is a meme.

you dont want it aerodynamic when shooting a handgun, you want it to expand on impact.

a rifle round has a higher velocity and thus, needed aerodynamics.

bullets, like penises, are built to penetrate

These. Basically they're supposed to banana peel back upon impact (expanded bullet on the left) due to the hollow middle (on the right). This makes they way more damaging than a normal bullet would, given they actually expand properly.

*smirks* Gunlets think their puny bullets have stopping power. Nothing can compare to the stopping power of an authentic Japanese katana, which can cut an M1 Abrams tank in half.

>B...b... muh sniping

Only cowards snipe. Face a man face to face or receive infinite dishonor for all your ancestors.

what do you want them to look like? vaginas? Boobs? Asses? None of these shapes are remotely deadly

Stopping power is a meme. The only handgun round that actually has "stopping power" is a .454 while 9mm will perform as adequately as a .45 with today's technology.

Keep in mind that one year half of Philadelphia's murders were done with .32 ACP and the FBI doesn't even think it's an adequate round.

Wrong
My aunts boyfriend shot himself point blank with a .22lr. He SURVIVED the first shot, to the fucking side of his head, long enough to pull the trigger a second time after clearly saying "Oww" outside her house.

Get Lehigh. Same damage as a hollowpoint without the need to expand.

>9mm

I wasn't aware so many little girls posted here.

Glad to see you getting your feet wet in the wonderful world of firearms though.

wat

Who /.380/ here?

I'd get those just to look pretty damn

I carry .380... I don't really think MUH STOPPING POWUH is a real thing unless you're carrying a magnum round or a desert eagle of some shit like that. If you put enough holes in them they will stop no matter what round you're using.

What an idiot. Why would he do it again if it hurt the first time? Like ow that hurt lets do that shit again. What a fucking retard. Is he okay?

The point of drawing a weapon on an aggressor and if the situation calls for it, firing upon the target is not to kill, but to neutralize the threat, dummy.

Less stopping power than a .45