Hey pol

Hey pol,

How reliable is the Koran? Also what's a good version of the Koran to read?

I'm two pages from finishing reading all of the bible. I pla. On reading the Koran and Torah as well now. I like to be educated when I argue, and I like to learn in general. Pol seems like a smart group of people so that's why I'm asking.

Are here any Muslim bros on here?

Before the end of the 2020s all of you demon-religion zealots will be deported into the Sea.

TF am I a demon zealot for?

For reading the bible, obviously. Too many people bought into the fedora meme.

If you're researching Islam, it's VERY important to read/compare several translations/commentaries on the Koran. Do not just read one and assume you've got the whole picture, as translations are interpretive and highly dependent on the particular school or bias of the translator.

For example, there's a "poetic" translation which whitewashes the entire book, making it sound like a Khalil Ghibran book. There are others that make it sound like an ultra hardcore turror manual. The truth is somewhere inbetween.

An interesting one is "Muhammad Asad's" Glorious Qur'an. He was a German Jew who converted to Islam after living with beduins in Arabia for a while. Read his book "The Road to Mecca" for an interesting account of his experiences. I believe his conversion was genuine, so his translation is sympathetic, but it has interesting notes based on some traditional commentators that aren't typically represented in most translations.

Also useful/essential for studying it is to at least get some idea of the emotional impact of recitations of the Arabic. Traditionally it was never a book to be read, intellectually, sitting in an armchair. It was something recited, heard during ritual prayers, and it had an emotional impact prior to any other, which is one of the sources of Islam's power over people.

Note: I don't support Islam in any way, but one should be informed about it in the fullest way possible by a well rounded study of it from every angle.

>Glorious Qur'an
oops, got mixed up with another translator; Asad's is "The Message of the Qur'an". It's been a while.

Thanks, I'll look into that version. I'd assume it would be hard to find at a bookstore huh? Ordering online wouldn't be my desired option

The burnt one.

Muslim Bros? I think you misspelled human garbage pieces of shit

infinichan has a board for that

islam is cancer though, whatever you learn you will end up at the same conclusion

You know there's the same lying or misrepresentation propaganda for the bible too right? I'm not going to ignore the book because of a few pictures, I'd be committing intellectual dishonest

which version is MOST used in the world?

>I plan on reading the Koran and Torah as well now
You already read the Torah. The Torah is the first five books of the Bible.

The (((Skypes))) actually don't use the Torah as doctrine by the way: they use the Talmud.

As for the Qur'an, you'll never find a usable English translation, as it's supposed to only exist in Arabic. This allows Muslims to defend it in English by using whichever bias of translation fits their defense: it's a mistake to assume that you'll ever get to argue with one honestly.

You plan to read the Torah? You know thats the Old Testament a.k.a. part of the bible right??
Anyways the Qu'ran is pretty good book. A little repetitive but the Bible has the same story 3 f*cking times
It also is to the point with the truth that Jesus is NOT God. No trinity. Which is true.
I am currently reading the Book of Mormon it is highly red pilled

I would also mention that its very hard to read because they refer to events and battles without saying what happened or what it was about so you dont really know whats going on

In brief:

Muslims believe that the Quran was written by Allah himself, by Allah's messenger/embodiment Gabriel taking over the body of Muhammad and writing.

This is very different from Christianity. In the Christianity, it's like... the writings of human beings. Or human beings writing what Jesus told them.

So in Islam, Allah wrote the entire Quran. It's the eternal godly all-knowing superbeing's personal words hewn in the stone of the universe for all time.

But he wrote it in Arabic. So translation is an issue. But if you compare multiple translations you will see they look quite like each other. Shitskins like to say that the Quran can only be understood in its original language, but just look at 3-5 translations and it looks quite similar.

But there's more. There's also Hadith. Hadith are like stories from the time of Muhammad. Muslims consider them sources of "What Would Mohammad Do". It's where the real juicy bits of death for apostates are.

>the Bible has the same story 3 f*cking times
>Jesus is NOT God
Thanks for invalidating your own opinion by first showing that you clearly haven't read the Bible.

read the talmud next

you will be a full blooded nazi by the end of the thrid book and there are like 7000 pages of horrible things afterthat.

the only good part is there is a prophesy that a european will get pissed off and kill them all.

i guess germany hasn't found out the gas chambers are fake yet.

satan wrote the old testiment
our god wrote the new one who have avatared as jesus and kek and... that one guy 80 years ago.

he makes an appearence in the devils book. gods name is lucifer, he wouldn't torture his people like the kike god would.

I've seen horrific excerpts from it, but it sounds like such a chore to get through all ~63 volumes. Is it really worth reading any of it when I already have a basic jist of what the Talmudists are all about?

Should I just save the first 3 books for if I feel like some rage-bait?

I'm pretty sure there's distinct differences regarding the translations between the ot of the bible and the Torah. Don't forget that the Catholic Church and many kings changed the original compilation of the bible made me Roman emperor Constantine to make it more relevant to their agenda. If anything the bible is he least realiable book out of the main 3 religions.

>satan wrote the old testiment
You believe some of what you read in the Talmud, didn't you?

I'm not an idiot, don't treat me like one.

The skypes greatest and most frequently used subversion tactic is to steal words for their own use and redefine them through their evil actions. Taking what they say at face value will leave you calling good evil and evil good.

Pic related is how they ideologically subverted the west by first causing a rise of atheism, then swapping out 'God' for 'Equality' in people's minds.

islam is cancer and muslims are mental infants

the arab world has been irrevocably tainted by the inbred stink of islam, it's really a shame

Point being?

I know Cred Forums is all about Evropa and Christendom.
Supporting ISIS =/= supporting an Islamic State

as reliable as a woman

don't read my book.
it's too complicated and simple minds will not understand.

also all of those verses except 3:56 are history passages and commandments for what to do against the pagan arab tribes.

The first 5 books kf the bible is the pentatuk (i dont know how to spell it) then a few nore books makes up the tanak not the torah. He probably means reading the oral torah which is totally seperate from the bible.

it wasn't written by allah himself. we don't believe that.

it was made by allah himself. the person who directly wrote it was some other guy.

you do know that it's forbidden for us to change the book, right? we can only change the phrasing, but never the meaning.

This desu.

I bet they were really smart before the 600 years of inbreeding.

*the word of allah, preached through muhammad, recorded and written down by another guy

btw it's the fucking saudis who ruined our religion and spread extremism. they're the ones that destabilised afghanistan, iraq, and all those other countries.

muslim bros. ok bye lady!

Not reliable at all. It is literally Mohamed transcribing from a DEMON.

>If anything the bible is he least realiable book out of the main 3 religions.
Based on what metrics? It has the most copies, the shortest timespan between key events and the earliest copies of recordings of those events, and the least possibility for corruption and revision (due to its quick proliferation and all of the documents we're able to cross-reference to spot potential corruptions/revisions).

You don't have me convinced that your speculation is worth considering at all.

>I'm pretty sure there's distinct differences regarding the translations between the ot of the bible and the Torah
That's due to differences in the languages of Hebrew and English, and the KJV (and some other translations too) actually italicise words that were added in for the same of grammatical clarity, so it's easy to see how the original would have been phrased if you care to do that!

exmuslim here, its an interesting read. Poetic but very disgusting.

What point are you trying to make? I'm feeding you quotes from Islamic scholars, and you are acting as if I'm being a bigot or something

isn't this why you made the thread?

The only good one Koran.

>hating Hopsin
Absolutely haram

I won't ever read the koran, but damn that was the most solid post i've read in a while.

Check IDs. I didn't make the thread. :^)

What you're doing though is disinformation. Don't we call out Skypes for doing that all the time?

Mudslimes are eternally ass-blasted, they make a thread like "what do you think about Islam? I'll answer questions" and the second someone posts something mildly offensive or contrary to their religion, they can't handle it.

Beyond anything, the Koran is of no literary merit. It reads like a dumber version of Joseph Smith tried to copy the old testament. How can people believe that God directly wrote it?

>you do know that it's forbidden for us to change the book, right?
Sure, and that's how you can get away with what I mentioned. By translating it in whatever way suits your whims you can pretend Islam is a religion of peace on the one hand while plotting to overrule the infidels on the other.

>What you're doing though is disinformation.
How is posting quotes from Islamic scholars 'disinformation'? Are they misquotes? If they are, why don't you call user out on it?

>"what do you think about Islam? I'll answer questions" and the second someone posts something mildly offensive or contrary to their religion, they can't handle it.
Well, it must be difficult to constantly have to defend a pedophile warmonger as being 'perfect'. The cognitive dissonance required must be staggering so it's no wonder they lose their cool so quickly.

All I know is that tonight I am abnormally horny and going crazy. Did someone slip me some flakka?

Addendum

For muslims, it is actually quite dependent on your social network. Certain assemblies will favor one interpreter and be done with.

Asad's version is known as to be favored by scholars. Also I recently learned there were a group of theologians who criticized the interpret heavily.

On the topic, archaic Islam teaching strictly forbids "learning from the book".

For example this Is bullshit, because you can't strawman a single quote, nor can the interpreter. If you check the notes you will see that one line will be compared to shitton of other lines and analyzed under the main principles.

>inb4 religious shitstorm