What ever happened to gamer gate?

What ever happened to gamer gate?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-23-nintendo-denies-paper-mario-color-splash-link-to-online-hate-campaign
archive.is/Smxjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw no Ostrogothic-QT3.14-future-GF

GAMERGATE GAMERGAAAAAAATE GAMERGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Certain people are still deeply triggered by it.

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-23-nintendo-denies-paper-mario-color-splash-link-to-online-hate-campaign

>ITS ABOUT ETHICS IN GAMING OPINION BLOGS!!!!

It was a bunch of whiny virgin boys bitching about political correctness.

>still buttblasted after all these years

delicious

it almost killed Cred Forums

Reminder Gamergate is the scandal where game journos were colluding in a journo-list type fashion.

#Gamergate is a hashtag some people still support but is a hollow shell of its former self.

Most people who were part of the initial momentum have moved on to bigger and better things, like electing a president that makes SJWs want to sudoku.

>Journalism

>Literally art critics giving OPINIONS

Cuck.

It was simply a catalyst. People moved onto bigger fish.

> moot is a massive cuck

ftfy

Gamergate brought lots of newfags, yes, but it was instrumental nonetheless.

If you're audience is limited to an Australian Basket Weaving forum, you're not going to gain much traction anywhere. Look at the effects of meme magic.

Hillary is SCARED and ATTACKING fucking Pepe. Do you think that would have happened without the events that have all led up to this point?

I don't believe in coincidences. Everything happens for a reason, it's just a matter of finding those reasons and separating truth from lies.

> the list was gamejournopros
> They call themselves game journalists
> NAH GAIZ THEY JUST ART CRITICS
> this much moving of goalpoasts

kys subhuman nigger

Can anyone explain to me without sperging out why gamergate was impoetant?

"Integrity in video game media" is a tiny, insignificant issue that has no bearing on the real world whatsoever. I hate SJWs as much as the next person here, but I don't see any reason why it matters.

A chink was revealed in the armor of an otherwise impenetrable warrior tbqh

Isn't that what we do here every day?

If you can't fight cultural Marxism out of something as insignificant and gay as vidya, what fucking hope do you have of stopping them on a global scale?

At least that was the mindset of the time. Now we have Trump and AfD and such to back up.

Giving your opinion isn't journalism you google loving fuck.

Nu

If you don't mind a read, sure.

I don't care post more lewd Vivian.

Gamergate itself doesn't matter. What matters is what it represents, i.e. that there is a large and previously silent subset of millennial men and women who do not approve of leftist silencing tactics and "inclusive speech" and who aren't so easily cowed by the left's use of "-ism" labels.

> running a game news site isn't journalism
> still trying to move the goalpoasts

>>>/suicide/

On one hand, now videogame reviewers state where they got their early copies. On the other hand, nobody should give a shit about videogame reviews and most modern games, and SJW faggotry is becoming the norm in the west, and not just in game. And GG retards have the courage of saying they won.

>hurr durr gomblygayers lost hur da durr
Did the hulk slam give you a concussion, pastagoogle?

It matters because one of the new strategies for influencing the youth is to control the games and to gamify everything. However, games currently are very libertarian and follow the audience (mostly men) as such there is a general tendency for characters to be attractive and for games to be fun. In order to make money it must be fun.

The whole point of starting the ethics crap was to sell the idea that gaming is dead or that people are moving away from it. In fact there was an article produced on that exact topic for the sole purpose of convicing tech markets to shift their attention to other purposes.

Tech startups and businesses are future oriented. They work for emerging markets or on emerging trends. If "gaming" is dead. And the newest trend is educational gaming. They are basically trying to shift the commercial activity from games regulated by cultural capitalism and libertarianism to games regulated by the govt.

Common core initiatives are tech inclusive. The whole idea was to do to gaming what SJW's had done to society. To fuck it right up and cuck white men in their last resort escape land. Its all part of creating a shitty SJW liberal culture and destroying white identity. Whether or not you see it as that.

Just remember, children are very easy to manipulate. If you have games filled with SJW content you manipulate the masses at a very young age.

Soros directly funds the SJW's and his liberal ideas are involved in over 50 countries through Open society foundation. He controls FEMEN, funds BLM and influences every major liberal organization in america.

The reason gamergate is important. Is because its the FIRST TIME america beat soros and it started a massive clusterfuck of investigations that currently result in donald trump being elected and hillary being BTFO'd by /cfg/

It probably knocked his faggot arse so hard he got an errection

It's still around, but not much going on.

It did end up costing SJW websites millions and millions of dollars, expose corruption, and caused tons of asspain, so it was worth it.

Marxist scum must be resisted wherever they rear their head, even in vidya.

>No one does anything
>Everyone just takes it like a bitch
>EVERYONE
>IN ALL PLACES OF SOCIETY
>and then they tried video games.
>through a series of strange and complicated events
>it's now all falling apart

The fact that this is reality destroyed my concepts of other people that were natural. I try not to think about it but it's always there. The combination of how unreal and stupid it all is with the realization of just how many people had never opposed this and let it have their way with them, even if they knew how bad it would be for the future generations, killed me inside. I'm not sure I even still view them as people.

As their panic sets in I feel nothing for those who let it happen. They deserve everything they get.

>an article
Try 20 of them.

It's been dead for like a year, libshits like to bring back its corpse as a target every now and again but there's no real force behind it anymore like there used to be.

If it wasn't for GamerGate, despite the burning train wreck it became, we wouldn't be here carrying Trump.

The tactics and the incestuous relationship of the involved established party is the same of GamerGate except it's not gaymes and gayman jewnolism, ITS THE MAINSTREAM AND THE GOVERNMENT.

This is the evolution of that movement. Instead of the embodiment of Cred Forums being a little girl, it's the embodiment of Cred Forums as Pepe, KEK, and glorious GOD EMPEROR TRUMP!

Kek, they are still blaming it for modern happenings. Even the wikipedia page calls it a sexist hate movement.

I actually read all that at one time and it said nothing. It just turns into a huge rant about shitskins and Arab Spring without clarifying how its involved in political censorship of video games.

I wish she would be more relevant, it seems she has more drawfags on infinitechan though.

archive.is/Smxjk
It lives on as the boogeyman lurking beneath every libtard bed. Worth it just for that and the best Law & Order episode of all time.

>And GG retards have the courage of saying they won.
>On June 10, 2016 Gawker filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, and reports suggested that the company may be negotiating with potential buyers, including a stalking horse offer from Ziff Davis for "under $100 million".

>On July 29, 2016, in a meeting with the courts, Denton was chastised by the courts who stated that Denton's valuation of the company had been inflated by him (Denton) to give the impression that the company was worth more than it actually was. In the court records, the judge stated that Denton had informed the court that the value of the stock he himself held was valued at eighty-one million dollars. This valuation was used to give the court and Hogan that the offer of turning over Denton's stock would cover the majority of the money owed by the company. However, the stocks were found to be valued at thirty million, and not the cited eighty-one million. In the wake of this revelation, the court ordered that Denton had not acted in good faith, and issued an order stating that Hogan could begin seizing assets from Gawker.

>On August 16, 2016, Univision Communications paid $135 million at auction to acquire all of Gawker Media and its brands. This ends Gawker Media's fourteen years of independence, as going forward it will become a unit of Univision.

>On August 18, 2016, it was announced that Gawker Media's flagship site Gawker would be ceasing operations the week after. Univision will continue to operate Gawker Media's six other websites - Deadspin, Gizmodo, Jalopnik, Jezebel, Kotaku and Lifehacker. Gawker's article archive will remain online, and its employees will either be transferred to the remaining six websites or elsewhere in Univision. On Monday August 22nd 2016 at 22:33 GMT the final article was posted tittled "How Things Work" by Nick Denton.

I'm sure it counts as "won" anywhere in the world.

Well, most everybody interested in it went there after luggage lad nuked Cred Forums

hulk hogan did that lol, gamergate autists aren't the only people with a claim to hating gawker

True, but we also cost them millions of dollars in ad revenue, and many sponsors.

That's true. Hogan is somewhat of an unsung hero of the GG movement. He also likes Trump.

GG is still going on. It's also moved into anime, now.

They won't stop, ever. Trump will just be a way for us to laugh in their faces for 4 years.

>we
what did you do?

hogan doesn't care about gg, he cared about his sex tape being leaked, stop trying to co-opt everything to feel better about wasting your time sending those emails

Don't ever fuck with weaponized autism.

The generals that were posted for ages on Cred Forums, with Cred Forums joining in?

Shekel shoah?

Emails to advertisers telling them to pull out?

Ring any bells?

Hulk was final nail in the coffin. If GG and then Daily Shoah didn't started destroying ads revenue, Denton wouldn't be so desperate and stupid to gain as much clicks as he could no matter what, and that wouldn't lead to Hulk tapes not being removed, which would result in lawsuit, which they couldn't pay because they didn't have money or the same worth as before, etc. It's all goes together.

JDIF detected. Remove marxism.

Nope, never did any of that. I did, however, use the term 'unsung hero' inappropriately - which likely caused your misinterpretation.

>which wouldn't result in lawsuit

We won. Gawker is dead.

>If it wasn't for GamerGate, despite the burning train wreck it became, we wouldn't be here carrying Trump.
speak for yourself redditfag

This. Nobody gives a shit about video game journalism. It was about lefties going after a group of people who don't have a voice. Now they have one and it's evolved beyond games.

you forgot to add sjw cuck was replaced by hirohito

>redditfag

GG was a Cred Forums thing, it was banned on reddit and pretty much everywhere else.

Nice try tho

GamerGate was retarded.

Your campaign to remove ads from Gawker was stupid, you took a few out of rotation, and the only effect was a minor inconvenience for their server admin who probably already hates his life. Meanwhile you convince yourself you cost them millions lol.

At the same time you fuel every femishit on the interbutts and act as their useful idiots, if it wasn't for fucking Hulk Hogan they would have been made rich by your hard work to give them a platform.

Jew faggot worshiping manchildren useful idiots, you should have voted with your money, instead of acting like spoiled millennial children. Video game journalism has been making paid reviews since the C64, and critical theory is nothing new either.

Also moot is a god, he put up with our shit for over a decade and all he got for it was bs. If it wasn't for him you would be logging into SA as SephirothXCloud1337 and self-censoring on some faggot sjw infested shithole forum unable to redpill anyone.

>you took a few out of rotation

15 big name advertisers, including IBM.

>And the only effect was a minor inconvenience, Meanwhile you convince yourself you cost them millions lol.

They admitted the campaign cost them millions, actually.

>you fuel every femishit on the interbutts and act as their useful idiots

Resisting something is being a useful idiot eh? You might want to look up what that term means.

>Jew faggot worshiping manchildren useful idiots

Kek, to be against jews and faggots is to worship them? Nice try JIDF.

>Also moot is a god, he put up with our shit for over a decade and all he got for it was bs. If it wasn't for him you would be logging into SA as SephirothXCloud1337 and self-censoring on some faggot sjw infested shithole forum unable to redpill anyone.

Moot is a cuck and SA is for faggot goons, I suggest you go back there.

>15 big name advertisers, including IBM.
It doesn't matter, they pay google, not Gawker. New ads simply replace the ones you remove. Big names or not, they get the same per view/click.
>They admitted the campaign cost them millions, actually.
Of course they did, "boo hoo the evil men took our money, we only make 77 cents a dollar!" Did you expect them not to play victims?
>Resisting something is being a useful idiot eh? You might want to look up what that term means.
Allowing your cause to be used for your opponents gain is well within the definition of a useful idiot.
>Kek, to be against jews and faggots is to worship them? Nice try JIDF.
I was talking about that coalburning jew homo Milo in case you missed it. And was Gamergate really against jews or faggots? News to me.
>Moot is a cuck and SA is for faggot goons, I suggest you go back there.
Typical newfag talk, i agree about SA, but if you don't like moot you are no better than every other dramafag afterbirth in Cred Forums history. Go to 7chan with the other outcasts.

>Allowing your cause to be used for your opponents gain is well within the definition of a useful idiot.

I guess everyone in the whole world with an opinion is a useful idiot then. Thanks for the insight, shlomo.

>Typical newfag talk, i agree about SA, but if you don't like moot you are no better than every other dramafag afterbirth in Cred Forums history. Go to 7chan with the other outcasts.

Fuck luggage lad and fuck faggots like you, along with Milo.

>lel you don't agree with me so you must be new

Nirvananet ring any bells, kid? &T? How about October first, 2003?

Get out with this shit.

>Moot
>Good

Pick one

Gaming is the only media that's "ours". It was shunned by the MSM all the time. Only in late 00s it became accepted by the mainstream... and immediately got tainted by SJWs who used previously reviled media as their platform.
What's worse, they chase off the old-timers who made gaming what it is today.

Gamergate is akin to Native Americans protesting against a pipeline on their land. We were stuffed into a reservation, and now The Man has come to shit it up.

SJWs are no different than Joe Lieberman and Jack Thompson.

It is still our bastion against sjws. Can be re-ignited as needed.

>Of course they did, "boo hoo the evil men took our money, we only make 77 cents a dollar!" Did you expect them not to play victims?

Yes, I'm sure the vast majority of their partners telling them to fuck off did nothing. Pic related.

It was hushed down because people connected to it were connected to shady Air Force/Darpa project on manipulating social media. Hence such strong reaction.

About your Bill Gates bit.
You are overthinking it. My guess is that the Gates told the elite what rotten shits they are. And since money won't do any good to a dead, cold corpse, why not donate it to secure good PR for yourself during your lifetime, and get slightly colder boiling pot in Hell after you die on the off-chance Hell exists? There is no downside to something like this.
And doing so also secures the billionaire from being killed by his heirs.

Remember this fine progressive feller?

I seem to remember reading a few weeks ago that Five Guys lost her movie and book deal.
Considering her infamy I doubt she'll be able to find any stable employment anywhere.
After the sympathy bucks run out she's going to be totally fucked.
Jewnita is now having to drop her prices for public speaking events more regularly.
Both of them packing on the pounds.
I guess all that take out is taking it's toll on them.
The enemy is burning out.

You failed to prove you're not a newfag, and all you did was talk shit. Try not to take it out on your mom okay?

>What ever happened to gamer gate?

Basically, they won.

The video game industry realized that all that PC nonsense was bad for business.

Aneetuh's 15 minutes of fame is over. 5 Guys girl is irrelevant. The video game industry is still making games with big tits and objectified women.

All the SJWs in the press gave up and went home. Many of them moved on to new jobs. Even Sony got hurt by siding with the SJW community.

And honestly, I thought the GG people were all autistic faggots. But in the long run, they won. It's pretty darn hilarious.

(Not an argument)

Have fun

>pol

you dumb nigger

It finished after fulfilling its goals.

Gamergate was important since it was one of the only real victories in the greater culture wars, and could be theorized that it was a staging point for The Great Trump Offensive that lead us to somehow memeing Donald Trump into a 50/50 chance to take the presidency of the United States.

The (((media))) firestorm against gg reminds me of hown they treat Trump now...

Butthurt SJW detected. No, nobody misplaced your stairs muffin.

So who won in the end? It looks like SJW cancer now is more prevalent in gaming as it never was before

>(Not an argument)
Basically what i said, you're an faggot.

>That comic

Fucking KEK

I showed you exactly how GG won and you cried N-N-N-NEWFAG!

I'd say you're pretty BTFO, please go back to SA.

Died down. The subreddit is still active, but it's mostly generic anti-SJW stuff now.

I would say Gamergate was fairly successful. It has exposed corrupt journalism and progressive infiltration in gaming.

No, it's just more visible now that more people know what to look for.

There's a board deep in a hidden corner of the web specifically devoted to GamerGate.

Won't say anything more because its a sekret cllub

not only exposed, but pushed it back a bit
but only by a bit

the SJWs were partly successful in defense by steering the narrative; making people think GG was trying to be all about "ethics in journalism" (helped along by inarticulate GG supporters spilling spaghetti when pushed about the topic)
and lampooning that
they would've been more successful if not for the momentum GG had because of the amount of resentment against progressive oppression that built up

But everyone already knows about the darker side of /po/

it became so popular that we got flooded by normies that proceeded turning it into an autism fest, oh and the Internet Aristocrat is a fag too.

>that fat claw
absolutely disgusting

>On the other hand, nobody should give a shit about videogame reviews

They should though, as long as you can put a "10/10-masterpiece" rating on your game, it will sell. a majority of people who buy games are easily impressionable.

This leads to either having to bribe big reviewers for sales or get a rating lower than 7/10 and watch your game turn into a blunder.

gave way to breitbart and the (((alt-right)

pretty based

Don't let the Cred Forums normies know about us faggot.

it happened when moot wanted that sweet, sweet job at google

it never stood a chance there

>Aneetuh's 15 minutes of fame is over. 5 Guys girl is irrelevant.

I recently heard about those exact two giving a talk to (((Google))) about hate speech, which has something to do with their new censorship AI. So there's still more to fight against, though probably not under the Gamegate banner.

>literally the Illuminati sign
What did she mean by this?

It digivolved into the alt-right when everyone realized that the corrupt as fuck videogame industry was beyond repair, and that it's ultimately just a symptom of a larger disease anyway (though Hogan destroying Gawker was a nice consolation prize). Has now thrown in with stuff like Trump and Brexit.

- it redpilled a lot of young guys about MSM bias and collusion (basically showing that's not crazy conspiracy tier and that it can exist even at little scale)
- it generated a backlash against the insanity of liberals, mostly the feminist and social justice scam (basically fueled on mysandry and anti-white discourses)
- it created places for people to meet outside of places controlled by liberal bullies

Basically it generated a reactionnary movement in video games against SJW infiltration.

I don't know about gamergate, but I do know that Slade aka "Roguestar" never finished FleetComm. His kickstarter and steam pages are trainwrecks of hilarious misery and bad reviews.

Also, Slade credited himself with popularizing "cuck" in its present form on one of his youtube videos.

GG taught Cred Forums how to jew in preparation for trumps campaign.

>The video game industry realized that all that PC nonsense was bad for business.
Except it hasn't? Games are still being censored.

It was the moment tones of weeaboo faggit gamers realised that there was a problem and started to redpill themselves.

>Some slut who changed her name 3 times and has rich parents and a ton of beta orbiters in the indie scene cheated on some other beta
>All her friends quickly started censoring any discussion of the fat fuck spreading her legs. Everyone thought it was weird a purple haired slut was so important
>Then the gamejournopros google group was found, and the childish videogame media was exposed having corruption and an insular clique on a smaller scale how real media does
>Because they're fucking manchildren thirsty for pussy, the bloggers chimp out and start publishing weird articles calling their audience dead and sexist and over, because of some whore called Zoe Quinn
>To this day SJWs are almost as triggered as hearing "TRUMP" if you mention Gamergate. They can't stand the idea that anyone was able to say no to the little darling snowflakes.

The only reason its relevant is that games target children and SJWs still want the monopoly of controlling whats exposed to kids, and rich middle class white kids practicing nepotism while crying about diversity and privilege.

This.
Wouldnt be even on Cred Forums if I didnt see how news reporting can be easily affected by personal agenda alone.
Made me question how many people or groups were mislabelled as worse than isis just because they disagreed with someone on twatter.

Later started noticing that govt narrative is being pushed and how much it resembled opinions hold by people in media.
Realised that media cannot be trust because all and every thing ever pushed by them is written by someone with agenda and without any control can be tainted by it.

Every day. Maybe even worst.