Is being outdoors important for people's well being?

Is being outdoors important for people's well being?
I am 34 and spend less than a month each decade outside but with my first kid on the way I was unsure if it needs to be outside more or less.

Get a garden.

What do you do with it? I can buy food.

No. You only need to be outside for a minute or two to get your daily dose of Vitamin D and maybe to do physical activity such as walking or running. But if you have a treadmill or something then those things aren't needed.

sunlight lowers cholesterol op and is important for your health, exposure daily in moderation is recommended....

Spend time outside and learn to grow your own vegetables.
Also it's incredibly peaceful, buy a few beers and bring a book - best place on earth.

>less than a month each decade

wtf kind of measurement is this

That's prob why I have pre hyper tension. I guess I need to force myself to stand outside. What's the minimum minutes I need to spend put there? I work from home so I can work it in.
Hell, I haven't left my house in4 months so I have time.

No wonder the Syrians and Angela are fucking you Deutchbags over.

I go camping with my mates few times a month all year and at least for me, it works wonders.

It has been scientifically proven that beuh outdoors lowers depression and in general is good for your health.

Outdoors is a great way to bond with a kid. Keeps them away from distractions, no artificial stimulation, and you encounter real challenges that require problem solving and team work. All the skills you develop are practical and useful and you will create good memories that list with your kid forever.

Seriously just take your kid fishing

I was curious so I times how long it takes me to walk to my car and extrapolated from that.
Literally the only time I am outside is walking to my car and I go no this without leaving my house aside from BK runs.
I haven't left my room in 5 days but like I got a kid on the way so I guess I have to change that until I can get the kid involved in video games to pacify it

>less than a month each decade
What did he mean by this?

I would like to add that because I have the gear to be outsideall year and I'm a fan of bushcraft so I know what I am doing in the woods.

We have "everyman's right" which means that we can go almost anywhere we please

Humans were never meant to spend 95% of their lives indoors

Time spent outdoors and in direct sunlight is one of the best things you can do for your mental wellbeing

>go outdoors
>get skin cancer
wow so healthy

I am worried I have no skills to teach my kid. I can't fish, throw a football or baseball, hunt, fire a gun and have only shot basketball once.
I am really eager to get my kid I evolved in vidya and plan on getting him a NES or something at 3.

I just don't understand what people do out there. I would go insane without wifi and video games. The outside is just so Damn boring

>I can't fish
you tie a hook to the end of a string and throw it in the water user

5 mins per day in strong sun conditions

expose forearms and wear a hat

Don't you have to bait the hook? I am not really comfortable killing a worm and worry I will hurt myself with the hook.
Also I am co soldering raising my kid a Buddhist and teaching the doctrine of pacifism and non violence

Well, we craft all kinds of stuff, start a fire, cook, fix our tarps and camp area, make some fine ass coffee, sit down and talk. If there's a possibility to fish, we fish. Usually we take some "luxury items" with us, which tends to be really good meat, whiskey etc. and enjoy.

It's quite simple, user. Sometimes it's nice just to breathe fresh air, talk and listen.

>Don't you have to bait the hook?
no, you don't need to. Lures don't need to be bated, you can get spoons that just reflect sunlight to attract fish. Pacifism is irrelevant to fishing even though I understand this is a joke thread now

...Ok, I suspect that you're just trolling

I guess that sounds nice, I bet my life.of sitting in the same chair every day for the last 12 years for 15 hours a day would bore you.
Different strokes for different folks.

Change the way you eat. Standing outside isn't going to fix hypertension.

I'm not. I follow the path of peace. I want my kid to be religiously not Christian so I am learning about Buddhism figuring it will be unique and cool for the kid

I know man, I am 35 and this is my first kid, I can't be eating 25 times a week anymore but have no clue how to eat healthy
No shit I spent 3 grand on fast food last year for a few months it was all I are but now I get chest pains after a double whopper meal.

>I am 34 and spend less than a month each decade outside

It really might. I was a NEET for a year and would leave the house for about 5 minutes every month. Now I have a shitty retard job (cart pusher at a grocery store) but I feel better than I ever have.

Is that really weird? Pretty standard in America. There is nothing outside I can't see on the internet.
Some time I go on mini vacations where I yse google street view to see all kinds of places around the world I will never get to go. It's nice and I get drinks from the place I am pretend cationing and make believe I am there. I pretend my bed is a hotel room.
I cut on talk radio to simulate having friends.

Teach your kid about stocks, financing, how to do taxes, pick up girls and make sure he learns at least 3 languages by the time they are 16. Also do everything in your power to make sure that they are active and social. So let em meet the neighborhood kids.

Don't let them be a shut in no matter what.

I don't know anything about any of those. The only thing I know how to do is ample weed, do tech support and play Vidya I am gonna raise my kid to broke or us, even if he is half black.
I cant marry the mom because we need the benefits and programs but Ubanbgoibg to be around.

Then learn the skills you mong. Don't be a deadbeat dad.

And how old are you?

Is it your wife's son?

>Is being inside OP's mom important for people's well being?

It's mine, she is 25 so at least Autism risk will be down

Hahhaaha best troll ever.

put in some headphones and go walk around for an hour each day. I don't see why you're consulting Cred Forums

found the neet

It's not a troll. I visited Berlin last night with Glen Beck.
This so the closest thing I have to friends. Been here since 2007 every day for about 8 or 12 hours, sometimes more

Being in your car is being outside