Italian General

This thread is for Italians all over the world, primarily full-blooded Italians and Sicilians.

For Italians in Italy
>What are your thoughts on the Five Star Movement?
>What are your thoughts on the recent election of right wing mayors?
>Should Italy leave the EU?
>Should we return to the Lira but back it with Silver?
> How do we solve youth unemployment?
>How do we solve southern poverty?

For Italians Abroad
>Why did your family leave Italy?
>Why haven't you returned to make Italy great again?

There are massive, massive numbers of Italians living in North and South America. The Italian government generously offers full Italian citizenship to Italians living abroad under the principle of Jure Sanguinis (Right of blood). Why haven't you moved back yet user to help your people in these troubled times? If you speak English natively, you are extremely valuable. Teach English in Southern Italy, user, and let's make Italy great again!

Sincerely,

A second generation Sicilian immigrant who is thinking of doing just that.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_diaspora
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_nationality_law
youtube.com/watch?v=zAx0t3O55Zo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_diaspora

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_nationality_law

Google the Sicilian Project

I'll bite because I'm a bit bored.

>What are your thoughts on the Five Star Movement?

The worst possible ones.
Every other country except Spain (they have got Podemos which is worse) got some good anti-system and anti-globalist party, from AFD to FPO, from UKIP to PVV. Usa got Trump.
Instead we saw the rise of a party of retarded leftists with generic collectivist policies (basic income for everyone, overpowered state to impose every kind of shit, guilty until proven innocent and idiocy like this).
In addition to that, they are also bumbling buffoons, anti-scientific to the point of tears, incapable, unprofessional and inconsistent.

>What are your thoughts on the recent election of right wing mayors?
There's very few right wing mayors in Italy. The last local election were a disaster for the Democrats, it's true, but they managed to hold on Milan (SHAME) and Bologna. Rome and Turin went to 5stars, which are leftists, and Napoli went even further left.

>Should Italy leave the EU?
Yes, immediately. Any SANE country should leave the EU right now. (Maybe not Belgium).
The EU as it is is a totalitarian nightmare in the making, and it's creeping even closer to us

>Should we return to the Lira but back it with Silver?
We should at least detach our currency from the one of countries like Germany and Netherlands. Having the same value from 1€ from Italy and Germany has been killing our industrial exports.

> How do we solve youth unemployment?
Slash the bloody taxes, cut back on the state, stop bailing out cronies. We are taxed to hell.

>How do we solve southern poverty?
See above, plus a strong crackdown on Mafia and Camorra, prefetto Mori style.

>See above, plus a strong crackdown on Mafia and Camorra, prefetto Mori style.

Nothing but fascist propaganda.

Thanks for your response. I'll ask you this: Would Italians abroad be welcomed back if they returned to to the motherland. I know it is considered cowardly to leave, but that wasn't my decision. Surely we would be welcomed more than African refugees, right?

Hasn't the Mafia stepped up to combat African crimes sibce the Gov't refuses to act?

>>See above, plus a strong crackdown on Mafia and Camorra, prefetto Mori style.
>implying the mafia is a bad thing for Italia

They basically form your economy, treat them in a good way.

Refugees are perfect footboys for unpopular work.

Love Italy. Why is Naples such a shithole? How hard would it be to get that volcano working again?

No, completely the opposite. Mafia imports the africans and use them as drug sellers and such

anyways

youtube.com/watch?v=zAx0t3O55Zo

Terroni pls go and stay go

What's so wrong with Naples? It used to be OK ~ 20 years ago. Haven't been since.

1.Some really good men and honest and passionate young politicians, but as a whole it's cancer
2.fascism never died, wait and see
3.it should because it's right but it's shouldn't because it wouldn't be good right now
4.no
5 and 6. Go back in time kill Camillo Benso of Cavour, Giuseppe Garibaldi. Go back to the present, now the country is united and the gap between the north and the south is close to non existent. Still slap the youth in the face and force them to stay rather than emigrate, invest more in education, health, hi-tech and tourism. America, NATO and EU need to REEEEEEE the fuck off, this is paramount.

Go and stay gone you mean. This is why you need me to come and teach you English.

>Five Star Movement
Better than the rest, but that's not saying much really, good people against corruption, their greatest merit is that they convinced a huge number of people to vote again
>Right Wing Mayors
They are not that many, remember that left and right in Italy are different than the States and besides that, they are mixing their values together
The modern PD for examples has lots of members from an old party of really corrupted right wingers
>Leave EU
Yes, as it stands now the EU is nothing more than a master-puppeters that values the interests of the few over the interest of the Nation
Optimally the EU should be a market that should benefits its members
>Lira backed with Silver
Better not too even if it would feel good
We would never have survived the modern crisis with something as weak as the Lira
>Youth unemployement
The majority of youths without work are usually people with only high school diplomas or people that got degrees in oversatured fields
We also have an older people unemployement problem, many factories have been shut down and father of families have nothing to feed their children with
Keep also in mind that in Italy there are workers that are treated better than others
There are people that keep getting money after five years that they lost their jobs, others instead are left with nothing
>Southern problem
Its corruption, i live in Sardinia so corruption is not as big as Sicily but its still present
I wish i had an idea that isnt militarize southern Italy and let people buy guns to kill their oppressors (alias Mafia et simila)
we unironically need a purge

>Roman/American abroad
My parents are back in Rome, where they (and I) lived most their lives. I'm one of the many basically exiled to start and develop a career that isn't underemployment, since the financial crisis hit in 2008, when I was just turning 18 (am class '90)

M5S is pathetically incompetent, overly cucked towards international positions and disorganized. Raggi was elected only for her vagina and made world news to then appoint executives with 230k (official) salaries - I've been travelling around the world my whole life and I've never seen anyone give a half fuck about our politicians, especially just a mayor.

Not like other parties offer decent alternatives, PD is shit, right wing is non existant and Salvini is Trota-tier stupid.

>why haven't you come back to Make Italy Great Again?
Because there is literally no hope of improvement within this decade, or realistically, a few of them.
>but muh economy gains

I work in capital markets as a trader....No. Just no. Things will get worse, trust me on this one...

>how do we solve youth unemployment
a - Lower pension age back to its previous standard
b - Remove all benefits, incentives, expenses, gibsmedat associated with niggers and arabs; use them to lower tax brackets of workers and businesses proportionally
c- outlaw usury from banks on debt/loans
d- internal policy reviews (weed, prostitution, corruption)
e- pursue legal rights abroad (the french in particular copy and sell our products to the world, while their products can only be legally produced in their territory - i.e. champagne)
f- corruption in public office/mafia collusion = death penalty for high treason

>leave the EU?
Of course. Europeans are being pushed on the brink of exctinction. We are one of the most ancient, glorious and influent civilizations in history even though the international community barely recognizes our contributions nowadays...we have a duty to our ancestors to preserve our land eternal.

Connazionale, with the lira in 2008 we would've made a killing, it would've depreciated (((further))) and attracted businesses and investors literally from around the whole planet.

>youth unemployment

Dude seriously what the fuck, are you a boomer? This is a huge problem, and no its not undergrads getting no work, it's everyone who doesn't win the concorsi a numero chiuso.
My brother's a 32 yrs old doctor forced to do ambulance shifts because he can't find a god damn place and is too stubborn to leave the country. I was a top grade international student even with high-level work experience and couldn't find anything that wasn't an unpaid internship without emigrating - I speak 4 languages....just saying...

>Southern Problem
Is partly corruption, another part is your reputation, another is the local culture, another is the lack of educated personnel. The biggest part is corruption though, indeed.

what degree you got and what languages do you speak?

Is Kek telling us that we will be the ones starting the fire AGAIN?

I thought pasta niggers were the arch enemy of the negro. Why arent you fuckers doing anything

>Why did your family leave Italy?
The north is shit, the south is literally africa.
>Why haven't you returned to make Italy great again?
It's beyond saving.

>>What are your thoughts on the Five Star Movement?
Idiots who should be gassed.
>>What are your thoughts on the recent election of right wing mayors?
Meh, nothing really right wing in Itaky.
>>Should Italy leave the EU?
Yes, immediately
>>Should we return to the Lira but back it with Silver?
Yes to leave the Euro, no to your stupid silver.
>> How do we solve youth unemployment?
Stop free movement with Europe, kick out all foreigners. New jobs in security services.
>>How do we solve southern poverty?
Can't, they are African tier faggots.
let them be poor, they like it that way.

half itailian american national here on 2 week trip in italy

americas better

Abroad:
1) We wanted to become American, ever heard of Liberty? Corruption was awful there.

Why? Italy has been lost since the end of the princely states. The homeland is majorly screwed up and that's why we are more than happy to stay in the Diaspora.

>>>What are your thoughts on the Five Star Movement?

criptoleftists. They abolished the crime of illegal imigration voted for the ius soli

>>>What are your thoughts on the recent election of right wing mayors?

Still not enough

>>>Should Italy leave the EU?
Yes
>>>Should we return to the Lira but back it with Silver?

We also have the 4th largest gold reserve

>>> How do we solve youth unemployment?
Mandatory coscription when they reach the 18 years old in order to get some high school shit out of their brain...we will have less idiots in universities and more businessman and workers in the street
>>>How do we solve southern poverty?
Less econoomic aid and less taxes, cut jobs in the public sector

>a strong crackdown on Mafia and Camorra, prefetto Mori style

That's your last problem for now.
Actually it's almost a good thing.