Cred Forums we had a cool talk about housing and real estate yesterday...got me thinking

Cred Forums we had a cool talk about housing and real estate yesterday...got me thinking

If you had to choose a place to live...why not be texas?

> land is dirt fucking cheap
> you get a lot of it
> best $/per sq ft ive seen around
> surrounded by pol tier neighbors
> still have access to the water

Why not do it?

Check this house out

zillow.com/homes/for_sale/TX/pmf,pf_pt/66990627_zpid/54_rid/3-_beds/200000-300000_price/696-1045_mp/size_sort/27.662463,-97.393102,27.65334,-97.411384_rect/15_zm/

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homedetails/6916-121st-Ave-Fennville-MI-49408/74622682_zpid/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Texas#Industries
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its cheap for a reason.

Texas is a shithole. Also kek at the houses being so close to eachother and you barely having a backyard

mexicans everywhere

Tornadoes, Mexicans, and Brown Recluses.

Texas vs Arizona. Arizona wins.

The weather is the biggest deal breaker for me. Texas has some of the worst weather in the country. The unbearable humidity 10 months out of the year is the main reason why I'll never go back. That's why the land is so cheap.

Because I can't stand the heat.

The weather is a factor sure but its super cheap and you cant deny the fact that you will never have to buy winter clothing.

Its insane to think I can afford a mortgage at 26 in texas vs what i pay in rent in Maryland.

>still have access to the water
Wait till the next drought, lol

>Super cheap
>8k in property tax

There is no income tax in Texas which ultimately sucks more money out of your account anyways the higher your income is.

Do they have ganja in Texas?

I like most Texans I've met or woked with, but that house looks like somebody's nightmare

This doesnt have to be just Texas...

Anyone else got any other places they would recommend?

I want a red pill state but its hard to find them with water access.

I am a coastal guy and I can not live in a flyover state....mountains are ok tho.

Lakes > ocean

TN

red pill on lakes

> small
> no waves
> snakes and shit in them
> murky water
> muddy bottom

Unless its a huge lake...why bother?

Property tax is only 6k

>why not Texas

>Native Texan here
>Be 39
>Grew up in nice white neighborhood
>Starting in the late 80s suddenly Mexicans ~meh~
>90s, woah, more and more Mexicans
>move every 5-7 years to escape the Mexicans
>Jesus Christ everywhere I move turns brown in 5 years
>fuck why am I having to commute 2 hours a day only to escape Mexicans
>Jesus Christ property taxes are expensive as fuck to pay for all these beaner babies everywhere
>holy fuck 70% of the school district is Hispanic
Fuck this place, Texas is being coloniZed
>move to Montana

Look, you can buy a big house for cheap but your property taxes will be very high(I was paying 700 a month in property taxes) and in 5-7 years you might need to move to escape the brownout

If you must live in Texas, just rent

You're still paying federal taxes and it doesn't change the fact that you are essentially renting your home after 30 years.

Oceans have stingrays and are packed with millions of nonwhites

fresh water>salt water

I thought like you for a while user. "Texas has cheap houses and low taxes! Jobs are common!"

Texans are fucking insufferable.

I've worked with numerous Texans over the past few years. Every last one has been an annoying asshole without a shred of common decency.

> the texas meme

Arizona is probably better. I live in Summerlin, Las Vegas, however.

i have never seen many nigs at the beach other than maybe miami

they usually stay away from the ocean cause they cant fucking swim.

>more beaners than white people
>overrun with feral niggers
>outside of austin (tech) and oil I have no idea what the economy is or if there are many good jobs
>incredibly high obesity rates so the women are all busted
>bad weather

All the women being fat is the biggest deal breaker for me

Atleast Arizona doesn't like the Mexicans, Texas has embraced the colonization.

Tons of Mexicans here in southern california

i was considering PNW because comfy rain and trees but nothing seems cheap out there and i want to avoid liberal shithole cities like seattle.

Is Oregon better than Washington? Also Northern California seems completely different to the rest of CA

Michigan reporting in

>house 5 minutes from Lake Michigan
>100k

Northern Idaho and western Montana are the only options imo

I live there, wasn't born here.

It's fucking hot for a long time every year. You can't do shit outside. Most of the state is fucking barren shitland, that's why it's so cheap. There's no outdoor activities unless you go to the hill country. The school systems are some of the worst in the country, it's overrun with spics and nigs.

Otherwise yeah it's alright.

Why would you ever send your kids to public school?

Assuming the house is fine on the inside, that is a good deal. It is in a nice area. Still, most people don't like Texas because of the weather. You also have to consider property taxes, which are high but it does keep speculators out.

> tfw every single state you want to be in is ruined by non whites
> all the cheap shit is in those fly over wastelands

WHY DO THEY ALWAYS FLOCK TO THE NICE PLACES??!?!?!? cant we fucking stick them all in montana or some shit.

Yup. All white texas high school 10yrd ago is now like 80% beaner. They have kids at 14

I live in Texas

fuck off, we're full

seriously, fuck off especially if you're from commiefornia or LA

im from MD and im on Cred Forums...do you really think i wouldnt fit in there?

Also michigan reporting in

Big Lake house, 2.4 acres, woods, massive driveway, big backyard and dock/beach water front

Feels good. Everyone in te country in Michigan is Republican as fuck, as well as the wealthy areas of the cities

Not south carolina. Fml

Ice Storms, Tornados, Heat

Texans and southerners in general are very accommodating of everyone, imo.

the only thing we don't like are transplants coming here acting like we're cowboys and ride horses.

some of us may have an accent but those of us with decent degrees wear suits to work.

if you're california, DO NOT come here talking abot how california weather is better and the people dress/are more handsome

if you're from the northeast, dont come here acting like a big city hot shot because spoiler alert, more money runs through our companies than your state goes through in a decade and he have a massive urban sprawl in a lot of cities.

other than that, we are generally accommodating of most people. houston and austin have a good mix of very conservative and very liberal people while most of rural texas is conservative. its a nice balance.

Is it rural/innawoods or some wierd suburbs bullshit? Cause that sounds promising. How harsh is winter?

i just want to live in a comfy Arlen style town....pls tell me i dont have to move to like Odessa or Midland bum fuck no where ville to get that.

at the end of the day i just want to be hank hill

40 min from grand rapids

zillow.com/homedetails/6916-121st-Ave-Fennville-MI-49408/74622682_zpid/

i don't see why not. just do your research, and see what the town's economy needs. u can probably send a letter to their city counsel/community board members to answer any questions

I'd rather kill myself than live in a Texas McMansion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Texas#Industries

it's not our fault you cant develop a single marketable skill

its right next to a highway....

no fucking thank you

Is the other reason why homes are co cheap because the state suffers from dip in Oil prices and high unemployment rates?

>Why are they always in nice places
>Wants to send them to montana

Fuck you. Give them Wyoming.

If you're in the military real estate is an absolutely fantastic option. Use the VA loan to buy a house every time you change duty stations, and rent out houses behind you with a good property management company running it. You'll collect passive income like mad and if you use the profit to pay down your mortgage faster you should have everything paid off in about 10-15 years rather than 30. And if you ever move back somewhere you've already been, you have housing ready for you very conveniently.

>yall never live in Battleship Drive, Texas

that mcmansion is a fucking monstrosity

i was merely going off the price point vs. sq footage.

that same house where i live now would be 530k

Tons of flat land and little red tape = never a shortage of supply

Shit weather

no, home's are only cheap as you move further form the city centre.

the homes are cheap simply because the further you go out, the more lad there is and land is fairly cheap, it's pretty hard to overestimate the size of houston and its related suburbs (sugarland, katy, pearlland, etc.)

the dip in oil prices affects the economy at large with consumer goods and luxury spending

source: born and raised HTX, work in O&G

North metro Atlanta is far more based.

> living in Georgia
> living in Atlanta of all georgia

NO THANKS

I dont mind coastal georgia but its just as fucking humid there as well.

That's where the guidestones are near and soon to be the new Eastern capital. If their contingency planning works out...

Yeah, but you goys may prefer some nice comfy coastal real estate... Heh heh heh

Continuity not contingency*

Heh heh heh

That house is in Corpus Christi user.

I would HIGHLY advise against living within 30 miles of that shithole. And this is coming from a survivor of the east side of the People's Republic of Austin; Corpus is worse.

Regarding Texas in general, everything is amazing here EXCEPT for two things:

1. Spics are fucking everywhere; by spics I don't mean your average hispanic with citizenship that pays taxes and actually functions in society, I mean fucking aztec jungle niggers that speak some fucking unintelligible niggerized english-spanish hybrid, have no idea that dog/goat/human shit covering everything is unsanitary, and think watching cock fights and getting fucked up on meth is quality saturday entertainment.

2. THE FUCKING WEATHER HOLY SHIT. 95 degrees and 85% humidity is the standard for 8 months out of the year. Right as I am posting this, the temp outside is 90F and 70% humidity. The winter is only slightly better, the average temp is 60 degrees, snow occurs maybe a quarter of a inch every other year. However Texas winter is schizophrinic, I have once seen it get to be 90 degrees for a whole week in March and then the weekend hit and it plummeted to 30 degrees and gave us half an inch of snow, only for it come back up to 90 degrees after the weekend.

However, other than the above Texas is based. The recession never hit us, growth in everything from population to the economy is going nowhere but up, and Texan society is so right-wing in general that the average liberal here would be a conservative in New York or California.