ITT Countries with blue or green-water navies only

Countries with weak bathtub-tier navies need not comment

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw&app=desktop
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_the_Brazilian_Navy
globalnews.ca/news/427985/55-years-later-biggest-question-surrounding-avro-arrow-remains-what-if/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw&app=desktop

Was looking for that one boat navy with a crew that can't even swim but whatever

>tfw you remember Britain doesn't actually control the waves
Why live?

Pretty surprised Poortugal doesn't have a navy

Hey kid, see that map? Two of your colonies are blue, and your prison island is green.

Portugal's armed forces are not great, google their airforce for example. Then again as long as Spain stays calm, Morocco stays irrelevant and no one stirs shit up in europe, they're fine

Estonia stronk.

UK is blue, one of only 6 countries that are capable of operating in the whole world

Joo.

Ma armastan Sind.

>dat comfy blue

Hey dont feel too bad, you guys still have the best navy in all of Europe

chill. we're green-water.

we have quality, not quantity. check the news and you'll see there is currently a huge debate about portuguese comandos. These guys go through hell to become one, and recently 2 young guys died in the course. They're not even special ops, they're more like a shock or chaos last resort.
But again, why would we need a army at the moment?

>Tfw, you remember your country's name used to be bigger than the French navy and the British navy combined.
Why even life?

navy*

I actually remembered an old news article I read some time ago. It said some other NATO member (some of the baltics I think) was so weak portuguese aircraft had to patrol it, but I switched it in my mind.
And yes, I don't really see a reason for Portugal to have a really strong navy, but then again why does Italy need one? Are refugees sailors?

>green

We have a single destroyer and were letting it get rusty. Plus is has an absurd fucking name 'Athabaskan'

fuck you nigger. dont tell me where i can post and where i can't.

That's why you never base your entire economy of tulips.

Diversify, bitch.

America and Britain are the same nation so you can take credit for all our accomplishments and superior navy.

You finish prepping your fallout shelter yet?

It's about operational capabilities only
>Green-water navy is terminology created to describe a naval force that is designed to operate in its nation's littoral zones and has the competency to operate in the open oceans of its surrounding region.[1] It is a relatively new term, and has been created to better distinguish, and add nuance, between two long-standing descriptors: blue-water navy and brown-water navy.
Wikipedia has this on Canada
>According to the criteria as outlined in the 2001 publication, "Leadmark: The Navy’s Strategy for 2020", the Royal Canadian Navy had met its description of a 3rd tier "Medium Global Force Projection Navy" - a green-water navy with the capacity to project force worldwide with the aid of more powerful maritime allies (e.g. United Kingdom, France and the United States).[9] In this context, the Royal Canadian Navy ranked itself alongside the navies of Australia and the Netherlands.[9] However, as of 2016, the recent decommissioning of obsolete ships has left Canada without replenishment or amphibious capable ships, as well as the lack of a credible air-defence capability. The RCN's submarine capability consists of four second hand vessels of unreliable availability, with only one available for operations as of June 2016. This has led critics to view the Royal Canadian Navy as being more akin to a brown-water navy.[13]

why? is your mother going to fart in my direction?

No, Pajeet is going to fling nuclear poo at you.

I'm not in position to discuss why Italy needs a navy or not, but I'm guessing it's because of the mediterranean zone.
I'm not too into the navy scene, because my parents were in the army and air force.

Goddamn.

JUST

wikipedia says it's for NATO operations and foreign interventions, same for the dutch

pajeet does not has the balls.
they'll just beat their chest for a while, then they'll take a huge shit and will go to sleep.

More details

We have two large harbors and one of them is the biggest harbor in the entire western world...

Nah, they're "Kashmir rightful Indian Clay!" serious this time.

The latest sat images I've seent show expeditionary forces being staged at 4 mountain pass locations with air support elements being group at frontier runways.

you missed germany with green

they react that way every time.
their media is nuts. totally fucking nuts.
they have been moving their army close to the border.
pakiland gives so little fucks that we haven't even moved our army.
the only thing we did was flew some figtherjets and that's it.

shut up primitive monkey.

This is a REAL map

We really need a larger Navy.

I want 20 Ford-class carriers.

you missed india with poop water

I didn't make the map, it's from wikipedia. They explain why they included each country there. Searched for this other classification from this Todd guy, but seems like it's either changed (it's from 2015) or has different criteria (I think it's more inclusive, given how it makes Brazil and others blue-water, when most people consider them to be green but transitioning - or trying to - to blue)

that's funny xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
kys

Exchange pictures of your ships.

Don't be sad Paco, we hues actually like mexican food and shit, your girls with that dia de los muertos makeup are also cuties.

This is a floating naval base.

>china
>india

They bongs or even the frogs, without any assitance, could roflstomp both of them at the same time.

Look very nice, but it's still very edgy.

>20 Ford-class carriers
this please

Not Cred Forums, fuck off monkey boy

Eh, it doesn't need to be stealthy since it's not a front of the line ship. It was cheaper to build her on the Exxon Valdez tanker platform than to design a hull from scratch.

There is one big guy who is gonna rebuild the armada

>That's why you never base your entire economy of tulips.
Kek

>Geert de Ruyter will be elected in your lifetime
Can't wait

its weird because germany is explicitly named as an example of a blue-water navy and the picture doesnt even show up on the wikipedia page for blue-water navy, only on "power projection". I think its badly done.

>Korea

well I'll be damned

Japan-Korea should be a duel country like Austria-Hungary was, none of this Japanese Imperialism bullshit, they're strong as an island nation and that's that.

>blue-water navy
seems like it only includes the ones with subsections about them on the green-water and blue-water articles

This

pajeet bringing some heat

>Argentina

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, shit, if COBRA ever produces that machine that can stop electricity, G.I. Joe can call you guys if the USS Constitution is in dry dock.

(Sorry for the incredibly esoteric joke.)

Blue water navy ahead of schedule

how fucking retarded do you have to be to paint your life-boats silver, simply for aesthetic choice, instead of a colour that can actually be seen at see from a distance?

>That pic
Fucking kek

it's for diplomacy and stuff, these are the actual ships we use here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_the_Brazilian_Navy

>have decent navy

>only ever gets used to pick up refugees.

they call it a black water navy, because its at the bottom of the fucking south atlantic ocean

we use ours to take doctors to indians and other people who live by the rivers and are far away from any kind of civilization, kek

Godverkanker, dat is chemo voor de Troslim

Britannia will rule the waves once again, do not despair

Do Bolivians post on here?

Our ships simply never sink, so we won't need them anyway.

they're actually quite stronk

Those are LCPVs I believe, they're mainly used for troop transport.

in the RCN can confirm

Not on my watch brit bong

>Athabaskan or Athabascan (also Dene, Athapascan, Athapaskan) is a large family of indigenous languages of North America, located in western North America
>Iroquoi Class ship is named after native languge
Read
A
Book

I'd have sex with that ship, if it was possible.

>That feel when most Canadian naval shipyards are on the verge of bankruptcy
>That feel when the Federal prefer buying rusty second hand ships from the UK instead of commissioning ships to the shipyards in the country

The federal i a gang of cucks when it comes to military equipment. Never build, always pay for second hand. The last time Canada did something right was with the Avro Arrow, and they scrapped it.

>avro arrow
Gib info

RULE

BRITANNIA

>china
>navy
they bought their one and only aircraft carrier form Ukraine

what a joke

globalnews.ca/news/427985/55-years-later-biggest-question-surrounding-avro-arrow-remains-what-if/

A Canadian aerospace made a hypersonic fighter that was advanced as fuck for it's time. The federal government scrapped the project stating it was too costly, then gave the three prototypes and all the plans to the USA.

It's like saving up all your paper route money for an Xbone, only to have your parents steal the money and buy your little sister a Wii.

I wonder what Naval Rearmament will look like... for the events that will unfold in the future.

Hey atleast it wasn't wasted, could be worse

>Help the human traffickers who kill thousands of people and destroy our continent.

Fixed.
The volunteers down there should be tried for treason. Leaving thread now