This is what American education has become

This is what American education has become

Other urls found in this thread:

texastribune.org/2016/02/02/unt-ut-arlington-and-texas-tech-reach-carnegie-tie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was thinking about majoring in meme science, but I heard it's a meme degree

this isnt real, it cant be.

I'm a professor of media psychology and do, in fact, teach a course on memes, among other things.

>tfw your long, hard work of making hot, steamy memes has changed the world

I wonder how much the professor is paid to teach cancer

I wouldn't be surprised. There's a 2 year college nearby that was offering classes on the study of anime. Just fucking sad.

U /unt/ too?

I'm still finishing my PhD so I only make 20k for the two-three classes I teach a semester, but looking around it's not unusual for new profs to make 40-50k in our field. Most of the time it depends on the cost of living in the area.

There is a college I think is Glasgow that's teaching people how to be successful at making a YouTube channel. You can now get a degree for YouTube

Can't wait to get my degree in memeology

Texasfag here. UNT is a fucking joke of a University. Everytime we recieve an employment application at work from a UNT grad we immediatly trash it.

Meme doesn't mean what you think it means, dolt. It's a scientific term.

>MEME 3200
>MEME 1040
>MEME 1050

I graduated college just in time.

no bullshit courses
no SJW madness
no outrageous tuition hikes

Is UNT really that bad?

Yes. We laugh about people we interview because they went to UNT. Every person I've met that went there is a fucking idiot.

ayyy unt boiz

i sense a buttmad a&m fag. u mad your school is down in t3 with us?

Ayy my alma mater.

feels good

And no, believe me, UNT is getting fucking cucked fast.

what's you and your coworker's opinion on UTD? Most likely gonna go there next year.

SMU

>University of Texas
But Metal Gear Rising taught me only hardasses go there

Depends on what you study.

Graduated from unt in May, it was a good stepping stone to get into a higher tier graduate school. Denton is pretty comfy, not many black people. I was in STEM and there was maybe one per class, and they were the well mannered anime watching kind.

It was always fun watching the fedora tier atheists get triggered by the preachers that would come almost exclusively to fuck with them and get a response, they always got one.

Anyways that's a fake screenshot

Planning on Software Engineering. If not that, something closely related.

I'm okay with this. Let the idiots waste their time and energy with this drivel.

Not many back people, but I've been seeing more and more lately. I think they're coming from Dallas.

oh, that makes sense too. you know everybody else in north texas makes fun of you, right?

Kek

>that pic
I don't get it, what's it supposed to illustrate?

Hope you like the smell of poo in loos.

We have all the good jobs though.

>SMU fag making fun of someone else's school
SMU is just a party school. No one learns anything there. What a joke.

I mean seriously who wouldn't fucking take that as an elective over other gay boring shit

if you say so. i would honestly rather go to a&m than smu, lol.

If you have room in your schedule to take worthless classes like that then you need a better major.

we have a class for drinking alcohol, though.

If people are willing to pay for it, then what is the problem?
Having to take mandatory classes on feminism or gender studies is probably a much bigger problem
Also having to check your gender identity on college forms is an issue, that's a completely unnecessary question made for tranny fruitloops

*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...

meme professor shitposting on Cred Forums
i really hope this is real
Did you have a class on pepe yet?

You shouldn't go to ANY college that has a course like that or any bullshit "gender studies" or "SJW" or "art history" degree. It's a horse shit college and it's not worth the debt or money for it.

SMU is basically for rich kids who couldn't get into any other school. The highland park crowd uses it as their community college. I knew several people who got kicked out of other schools and just signed up for SMU because it was a short walk from their parents overpriced house. Fun parties though.

are you implying that i'll only be qualified to clean toilets? Alright. What's your recommendation?

UTD is full of indians. Over 50% of the student population is form India or asia. Most barely speak english and smell terrible.

This is disgusting because it's probably an actually important class that should be focusing on what colonization was and accomplished, rather than OOGLA BOOGLA EVERYTHING IS MADE UP BETTER WATCH YOUR WORDS

i got an associates in Hawai'i, this honestly sounds like a moderate improvement. I'd take 100 indians over one micronesian desu.

Was implying you'll be surrounded by smelly foreigners that barely speak english and stink really bad.

Its not that you'll clean toilets, but rather tech companies almost 80% of the time hire h1-b curry niggers.

>There are highly educated people spending years studying and teaching courses on shitposting
>they'll still get it wrong
>nothing I've said in this post is ironic

A single class is not a degree, you idiots.

>university
>north texas

pick one.

No but I have them do an participation project where the students create a meme on Twitter and try to spread it to see how memes are transferred socially. The course is just 4 tests but if they participate in anything they can get up to 5% grade boost.

The project ended up with several students using Pepe in their memes.

It's a 100 level intro to Mass Media course, so it's pretty much bullshit. You can't talk to freshmen about the actual empirical research we do - they just zone out, so you have to entertain them with memes.

>Literally a meme degree

Lmao your shit-tier school has nothing on A&M. Go caw somewhere else.

-Aggie

Hahaha I'm glad your school got the death penalty for football. Effectively destroyed the spirit and future of your school. Also I really regret that one of your cheerleading faggots didn't get skewered by that Corps senior.

honestly, what field does Cred Forums think is still accessible to white men? If even software is stacked as you say, what alternative is there?

well, again... last time i checked, you guys got downgraded to t3 with us, so...

My sister has a class in high school that talks about memes. Keep in mind its an ((alternative)) school but it still means something.

A forewarning to anybody applying to University of Texas system schools, the majority of your classmates will be poo-in-loos and chinks. Foreign fucks flood the system here because it is comparable to California and Texas has a great economy (that's why California leaches are coming here). Honestly you're better off applying to a private school if you get scholarships (rice, Baylor, trinity) or go to A&M.

I would gladly accept anyone of you as members of the Aggie family if you respect traditions, able to get your shit done and conservative values.

Literally high school

MEME 3200... This means that this is an advanced meme course. There must be a MEME 1000 introduction to memes and some other 1xxx beginner courses and MEME 2xxx intermediate courses.

What? This story contradicts what you are saying. Are you sure you haven't reached our level rather than us going down?

texastribune.org/2016/02/02/unt-ut-arlington-and-texas-tech-reach-carnegie-tie/

TTU is the best school in north texas.