How does this building make you feel, from a stylistic standpoint? It makes me feel.... optimistic

How does this building make you feel, from a stylistic standpoint? It makes me feel.... optimistic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ppr-CePm_WQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Zoning_Resolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googolplex
mcmansionhell.com/
nmaahc.si.edu/explore/building
aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/david-adjaye-african-american-museum-160922170433117.html
vogue.com/13449270/architect-david-adjaye-national-museum-of-african-american-history-and-culture/
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473871034173.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Normally I wouldn't care.
But it actually makes me boil with fucking rage.

They could have put it ANYWHERE ELSE and I wouldn't care. Good for them.
But this is spitting on the flag.

Did they make it look like a slave ship on purpose?

>National Museum of African American History & Culture
>Shaped like stacked dumpsters
Good one OP.

Supposed to be an african woman's hair style.

100% serious.

Its ugly as sin,just like niggers

So it fits i guess

It's the only architecture they have to reference.
I bet they wanted to use Egyptian designs but then they'd probably get a lot of heat from actual Egyptians.

Fitting. It looks like a failed attempt to build a pyramid.

Why not make it out of traditional African building materials?

Architecture thread? Architecture thread

kek

I'm not even a nigger and this triggers me, you ain't getting my ass on nothing about "African American history" that looks like a giant boat.

It looks like a pile of shit. Brown and barely structured.

Would have made more sense to make it a Hindu Museum.

Stop letting kids design your buildings in Minecraft.

It looks like mcdonalds trays stacked up on one an another. Its hilarious, tbqhwy fampai.

Praise kek!

On the other hand why can there be a black museum but not a "white" museum. Double standard much?

youtube.com/watch?v=ppr-CePm_WQ

Too accurate for sandpeople

Blacks have a museum in Detroit that is honestly gorgeous, but because they ripped off that Ver Sacrum thing in Vienna, the gold-decorated black dome on a white cube.
This angular tantrum looks like the bad guys' hideout in an 80s cartoon.

check'em

kek wills it

There is one. Hermitage is goat.

It looks like as they're trying to build a pyramid but failed abyssmally

Looks like a huge slave shed.

Like it's of the communist brutalism style.

Makes sense since Obama's a commie.

Should have made it a straw hut tbqh famalam. Googles can't build shit like that in real life.

looks like an african mud hut / ugly as shit.

It literally looks like a stack of pizza boxes like you'd see on top of a garbage can after a party

Wright Museum in Detroit.

>Museum of African American History and Culture
So that's why the building looks like a garbage dump.

So.. Niggers literally cannot into Egypt? Cause thats the most ugly ass poorly designed pyramid ive ever seen

>ugly
>primitive
>super-sized mudhut
Why do modern "artists" get away with building stupid shit like this? It could be a giant fucking concrete box and it would look better. No architect needed.

Is that the pyramid thing they keep bitching about?

>Juan N Only
kek

Going to be a good day when that gets to be demolished

Looks like a prison. Which is very fitting considering googles

Looks like a Minmatar freighter, and coincidentally is also full of niggers.

It's literally one of the ugliest buildings I have ever seen.

Maybe all the Googles will get in and it will fly them home?

>right next to America's BWC they put an effigy of the slave ships

Ebin. Rly maed me think.

I'm going to love watching the leftist narrative construction be crushed and burned.

I wonder if the architect played EvE online?

ruined a national monument by putting an eyesore next to it.

The whole fucking thing looks ugly as shit. The top is suppose to be thinner for a fucking reason. They even banned structures like this in new york for being obscene, YET some british "architect" nigger said it looks good so the media gushes over it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Zoning_Resolution

>is less stable than a flat fucking building in the wind
>has huge amounts of stress on the outer joints thanks to geometry
>blocks the skyline for no other reason that making you look at it.
>is clearly a retarded ripoff of asian design
>is so fucking unstable that they had to put holes through out it so a light wind wouldn't collapse it

I'm triggered as fuck at the location.

I think a Liquor Store would have been more representative, smaller, easier to maintain and rebuild if looted.

Niggers gonna nigg

It feels out of place surrounded by the white marble of the other Smithsonian museums and monuments on the Mall.

Like it's meant to stand out for the sake of standing out. A token tribute to draw attention, but ultimately it's like a coffee stain on the white dress shirt of America.

Seems appropriately sized. It looks just big enough to fill all of the african history that doesn't exist. Can't wait to compare it to the holocaust museum to see how much better the Jew one is compared to the Black one.

Hope it has a water park. With no shallow end.

why are hamburglers so mad about this buildings location. is that giant concrete dildo imporant to your stupidi contry

what is it going to show peanut butter and mud hut ooga boogas?

>why can there be a black museum but not a "white" museum

There is a "White Museum". It's called the "Smithsonian".

I don't even know what it's trying to look like so I can't really say much.
retarded modern architectural work/10 I guess.

Pretty big building for a single jar of peanut butter.

Brutalism is commie tier

Looks like a futuristic prison or crematory.

Looks like I don't want to be anywhere near those edges or on the floor of each layer when the rains come.

What are they going to put in it ?

>peanut butter

I don't have any pictures but an user walked through and gave us a tour.
It's basically
>Here's a spear
>Here's a famous persons car
>Some pots and pans I guess
It is a mockery unto itself

>The black man invented peanut butter meme.

I assume there will be Texas Roadhouse rules where you can throw peanuts on the floor and stomp them into peanut butter, yes?

what did the invent? then

Let's make a reconstruction thread instead.

within five years they'll be a spending crisis, sequestration and this iron turd will be the first thing out of business

because, spoiler alert, black people don't go to museums

OBAMA'S LEGACY

It makes me feel like I should gather two of every animal before the flood comes.

Funny thing is there is a law that no building in D.C. can be taller than washington's monument. This eyesore is....THEY DON'T FUCKING SAY.

I can't find it's height and compare it to American monuments at all.

FUCK D.C. fuck nigger fuck this place I want a purge.

>look at this majestic view of the monument of our founding general and president. It was meant to never be obstructed.

>when your history museum looks like Quake 2

Pre-Columbian Incans or Marcellus Gilmore Edson

Depends on where you draw the line between mashed up peanuts and peanut butter

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

Those statues are gorgeous desu

God dammit. Why does it have to be right next to the Washington monument? I loved how solitary it was.

just wait. it will become the least visited of the Smithsonian museums. then they will start getting all the local public schools to have mandatory field strips to it.

Well it's about blacks. A race known for being loud all the time and constantly demanding shit.

A+ user

>then they will start getting all the local public schools to have mandatory field strips to it.

Fuck, that's exactly what's going to happen. Poor kids.

>That obelisk in the background.

WE WUZ ANUNNAKI KANGZ N SHIEEEEEET

it looks like a triple layered steaming pile of shit that my asshole could reproduce.

>using a crane to build a google mud hut

Negroes pls.

loos like someone flew an aztec pyramid into the ground, upside down

This desu

What does the skyline look like with the slave ship?

You think my child will be ostracized if I refuse to let him go on that field trip?

It's obviously shorter than the Washington monument.

In your pic, I can tell that it's shorter because you can still see the top of the monument over the garbage pile despite the rusting collection of shit being in the foreground.

It's still a racist waste of money that nobody will visit, but at least it's smaller than the Washington monument.

If they really were Pharoahs n shieet they'd know the blocks are upside down.

It looks like something from a PS2 game.

If anyone is in the DC area, find the place where photo was taken and show the new skyline. Need to know how angry I should be.

The overall design is alright, not too weird looking. But placing it so near to the washington monument seems a mistake, the architecture really clashes quite horribly.

Obama hates America. This is like the muslim way of doing things. Build their shitty buildings on top of Christian or Jewish or "Pagan" shrines.

So people will look at that nigger building blocking the Washington Monument and realize the nigger did that on purpose to get back at the white man.

Fun fact, the design is supposed to emulate an African styled crown. The building is literally WE WUZ KANGS.

Shit graphics tbqh

it's an eyesore.

It looks like the ark. Noah saved the slaves.

That was my thought. The National Mall is supposed to look the same. This eyesore just sticks out.

It honestly looks like some sort of dystopian prison.

that was moses you FUCKING UGHHHHHHHHHHH

Nigger design will have drainage problems that white people solved thousands of years ago.

Or perhaps he is wondering why you would shoot a negro, before throwing him off the boat.

katawa shoujou is such weeaboo betafaggotry

It looks pretty gross. A lot like the De Young here in SF.

top kek

>*record low turnout*
>*least visited museum in the US*
>*looks like a huge google took a shit in Washington dc

That's near an obelisk not a flag ...you fucking retard.

you're a nig guy

Gonna have to wait a while mate, it's mid-day atm, I'll bet photos of what you want will be filtering out soon.
I'm interested in how the lighting will look.

>how do I feel about it

literally reminds me of an african/brazilian favela, looks like it's coated in rust.
Fitting.

This kills the aesthetics of the obelisk

jesus it is ugly as fuck

Will there be a section to hold the tears of all the Bernie supporters who lost their candidate because of these smelly apes?

What's a nigger? Is taht a type of chicken?

Googles don't build things.

I could have sworn Google was a misspelling of googol and why they named their headquarters Googleplex, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googolplex

The joke is over your head.

Is there a map of where it is relative to all the other buildings?

I didn't see the light until I was a man, by then I was just picking cotton all day

mcmansionhell.com/

Horrible. Ugly. Disgusting.

Pic is a building near to where I live. It's Durham Cathedral.
It was constructed many years ago. Started about 900 years ago.
The interior is amazing - the acoustics, the light from the stained glass, the sense of history and the silence.
I would challenge any atheist to visit and not be moved.

Looks like a slave ship.

They should've chosen Neo-Classical with a Tribal African influence. Not this post-modernist...whatever the fuck it is.

As long as the aesthetic remains the same I won't mind, but a shit colored building surrounded by white monuments has got to look awful.

It looks like one of those trailers that haul gravel. Or a commercial incinerator. It's a little prison-ish. It does have something of a Mayan vibe going on- if you squint, because of this. . .because of the door like things on the ''second floor''. It's. . . brown. Sorry. It's not the worst architecture I've ever seen, though.

It looks like 3 pizza boxes stacked on one another

intentionally getting something wrong isn't necessarily a joke... But it is funny.

Looks totally fuckin sweet

I missed the first part of this thread, is this some sort of gas chamber for black people or something?

Well, if it is, then it's about damn time my tax dollars got spent on something useful.

underrated

Not even once

Its cool like an alien fortress in a 90s scifi game.

It reminds me of a honey comb for some reason

beat me to it

These structures alter the ley lines and suck your soul out.

fuck this another jew brutalist eyesore,thought people moved on from them back in the 70s

Googles found a city made of marble and left it brick.

Fuck Washington DC anyway.

Looks like a stack of woven hamper trays.

Awesome

>museum of african american history and culture
>it's fucking tiny and ugly as shit
Perfect design desu

What the fuck

why would anyone change that to something ugly?

The people that did that have nothing but ugly in their souls.

What the fuck's this? Google zoo?

It literally looks like a piece of shit. A huge, ugly, brown piece of shit right on the National Mall.

Pretty much sums up the contributions of niggers to American society. Why oh why didn't Able Lincoln ship the googles back to Africa when he had the chance?

holy shit. what a fucking eye sore.

The entire Washington Mall is a confusing clusterfuck of meaningless bullshit. The only museums worth a shit are Nat'l Gallery of Art, Natural History and of course, Air and Space Museum. That's it. The nigger building is a disgusting insult. It is ugly, pointless, offensive and has no business existing next to great halls of art and science.

It looks rusty. Like most history regarding african-american historians regarding history.

For what purpose?

>£30m
>£30m
>£30m

It looks like a supermax prison.

oh,wait

it looks like something made by the vogones from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

>a fucking banana

London is full of plain sudo-futuristic bullshit architecture like this.

Looks like a scene in the movie 1984

Now this pisses me off.

American architecture fucking died the moment Art Deco went out of style.

may I remind you that it cost £30m
for a fucking golden banana
A FUCKING GOLDEN BANANA

>sudo
Murder yourself.

I think the funnies thing is how the windows have bars over them, so you can really get the inner-city McDonalds feel when you're inside.

Kind of a rad bluilding.

reminds me of the slave tank thing the jawas rode around in

That hurts my eyes.

Looks like a giant slave ship

hopeful and inspired...not

>Calling the Washington Monument "an obelisk"
Go back to whatever smelly, shit-filled country you fucking came from.

I thought that was one of those slave land cruiser things for Star Wars at first

>Postmodernism

Looks like it would collapse in January if it was built here.

> post yfw somebody mods this into Fallout3 and it's populated by nothing but Super Mutants

£30m
think of all the tracksuits the council could fund with that money

A shit tier attempt at Brutalism, was my first thought as well.

i would be impressed if the architect was a black man.

r8

Wow, they should've just built a giant toilet for 1 million £, then flushed the rest. That would've been a less appalling use of the money.

Looks like the Flintstones burger place.

what the fuck

It resembles a thatched hut. The triumph of African-Nig architecture. How long until a couple of nigs get into a gang shooting at that place?

WE WUZ KANGS literally
>the corona is inspired by the three-tiered crowns used in Yoruban art

nmaahc.si.edu/explore/building

you can't make this shit up

Actually this would make a lot more sense for an african culture museum

Im 15 minutes away but its about 5pm atm

aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/david-adjaye-african-american-museum-160922170433117.html

offended tbf

>Smithsonian
>Museum of
>African-American
>History and
>Culture

SO YOU BE SAYIN, UM....

Kind of like how shit colored people look awful next to white people?

vogue.com/13449270/architect-david-adjaye-national-museum-of-african-american-history-and-culture/

looks like a stylish fire camp. you can easily imagine a yuge fire rising in the middle. it's great.

>Some stupid failed pyramid shape

WE WUZ MEDIOCRE ARCHITECTS N SHIIEEET

Who cares, it's a big brown shit in DC. Guess what, DC is full of brown shits and their kike masters. Richmond was always better.

What is it?. Shitty looking rusty box.. Oh, study of Coonology.

>nmaahc.si.edu/explore/building

atheist here, visited last year

not moved, though the trip to the top was fun

Also this is one thing I always love about "museums", they're always retrospective devices oriented towards the past. Why the fuck do we have an "air and space" museum when we could be going to space? As applied to "culture", it just goes to show that niggers are fucking done and that this is going to be their mark on American society: a big brown box on the mall that will eventually be repurposed into a "hispanic and chicano" history museum in 50 years.

>this is how they will justify painting the Washington Monument black

screenshot this post it will happen.

You understand that's their exact goal right? Their rhetoric is full of complaints about being "ignored" by the white man.

In reality, whites have been trying to get away from them for the past century.

Democracy was a mistake.

Thanks for the chuckle, good bants compadre

NOVA (and DC) were always shit. We tried to warn you.

It makes me feel like a Chinese takeout restaurant built Noah's Ark.

Why!?!?!?

How does this shit get improved?

You mean human shit?

Clearly this shit needs to be vandalized. Any ideas?

>Why the fuck do we have an "air and space" museum when we could be going to space?
Because the technology of tomorrow builds on the technology of yesterday. Also, you must live under a rock if you are not aware that we are going to space all the time.

I saw this in my trip to Washington.

It makes me feel pity. Every building around that was so brilliant, large, and stylistic. That felt like someone trying to be different, but not understanding why the buildings around it look the way they do.

Literally the best public schools in the country.

Convince black people to visit the museum.

It will be a ruin in a month

Its completely appropriate considering what it is.
Its ugly
is a waste of gov't resources
Is a waste of time when monuments to REAL historical figures are next door
Insists on being completely different from all the other pretty white marble buildings.
On an artistic level its self serving, pretentious and lazy....
Yep...perfect nigger monument.

Technically, every museum surrounding that one (barring the native american museum) is the white history museum.

National Air and Space museum is only a mile away.

Underrated

Give blacks free admission and speed up the process.

It's hideous. The National Museum of the American Indian, which is enormous too, at least looks nice, but I do have a hard-on for cantilevers.

The building is all right, but the name doesn't seem proud enough to reflect the vibrant spirit of African American culture. Why not call it the Nationalarius Museumique of L'African De'American Historelle and Cultriculicious?

It makes me feel oppressed.

Are you retarded? The most famous museums are white museums

Please don't tell me it was sponsored with tax payers dollars

why do you think liberals love brutalist architecture so much
it's completely nihilistic and has zero aesthetic to it

A museum is not about preserving the past. Though that can be a function. It's about inspiration. Hence "muse". The original museums were basically show pieces of the wealthy of their travels and collections. Wasn't until the 20th century did it transform into a vehicle for public education.

Though lately museums are basically becoming the new discovery zones for the middle class. A play place for little kids.

This brown box represents the slave pussy that washington likely plugged on the regular.
I wonder if the shadow penetrates it daily?
At what times of the year?
Blacks still getting fucked by the white mason cock

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's a hideous eyesore; a carbuncle of filth and despair that is displeasing to mind, body and soul.

>WE WUZ KINGS: the museum.

This gun be good.

Lucas truly is the greatest poet of our time

WE

Dumb nigger your building the peiramid upside down, start ove4...

Your sill doing it wrong, start over..

For Fuck sakes three times. .. just stop...

I was down in DC with my two sons to go and see the air and space museum. We parked on F St and 11th and walked. There were black lives matter shirts being sold everywhere and there were googles in kangz N queenz garb straight outta Africa. The national guard was out in force with police near the mall, expecting some activity or in the area for another function? I don't know. But it was perfect to see the NG downtown on the mall on today of all days with it being opened. Also, I took a cab back to my car from the mall and the cabbie was an African (accent and all). Talked mad shit about African Americans and BLM and said that the museum only serves to further the divide between the lazy googles and the hard working googles and hard working other races. He said it was a shame to see a monument to ignorance be erected. I kek'D in response to his banter agreeably and tipped him a crisp Ten when he dropped us off.

It was.

It looks like some downy put together his Lego pagoda together wrong.

My tax dollars going to a literal shrine to white guilt. Burn that shit down.

>Architectural pandering, the photo

Did you buy your wife's son some astronaut ice cream at the Air and Space Museum?

Wait.. It's finished?

Wait till you see the proposed "tomb of the unknown bicycle thief".

snarky reply

kek'D

Should I go back to the mall tomorrow by myself and visit the Google museum and take pics inside of it and have a live Cred Forums thread as I do it?

damn tyrone

damn have you britbongs not invented the pressure washer yet?

You are joking here, are you?

>tomb of the unknown bicycle thief

>beautiful old Victorian building replaced by a shitty concrete box
this really makes my blood boil

the 3 pyramids of giza, inverted, stacked on top of each other, and stuck into the ground. Symbolizing the injustice done to the great kang race by the evil white devils

brilliant!

into my heart an air that kills

Is it seaworthy?

This is why civilized countries have building codes.

Looks like a mud hut.

Doesn't Wales have a building that is kinda like that?

It's gonna be very crowded, I think you needed to apply for a ticket a few months ago to actually go inside for the first couple months it's open.

It's probably shit anyway like the native American museum

Don't worry, he'll soon start posting picture of old german buildings and the concrete boxes that replaced them.
But never mention that all of these (including a lot of the brit buildings already posted) were bombed during WWII.

>233 whites triggered about a building their taxes went to building

KEK

Holy shit I thought that guy dropped a pizza before I realized what I was looking at...

Next step:

Start whining about getting African "artifacts" into that museum for cultural purposes.

Goddammit.

upboated

Yeah, but the confederate flag is shit anyway.

I wish I was.

The intersection of N Broad and Girard Ave in Philly was once the sight of the Widener Mansion, one of many symbols denoting the (once upon a time) affluence of North Philadelphia.

Philly has voted solidly Democrat since 1952. Wealth started leaving. Riots started breaking out (see the 1964 Columbia Ave riots for reference).

That beautiful mansion was burnt to the ground in the 70s.

In it's place stands KFC, Checkers, a Metro PCS, and a mural showing da struggle.

Makes me get a headache.

you mean the welsh assembly building?

that's nothing, feast your eyes on the scottish parliament building.

GOTT STRAFE ENGLAND

Make America Great Again. :')

Liberals ruin everything

Looks like a prison..

Fitting, considering the subject matter.

is it supposed to look like leaves in the wind or something
Christ that's awful

Looks like one of those Star Wars things, the Jawa's sandcrawler

it looks like what the goddamn jawas drive.

That's just gorgeous tbqh

WHAT THE FUCK? WHY?

Why does the Washington Monument look like a Klansman?

it gets worse

Jesus Christ dude.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473871034173.webm

What the fuck???? This is the same place, is the lack of shithole highrises anti-modern now? You would hate my city with the three story height limit but we enjoy seeing out of the rathole here.

Member when there were old buildings?

I MEMBER!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Is that the finished design? It looks like a rusty, bulky steel skeleton. Like a smushed version of one of those high-rise flats in cities which were sitting half-completed for years because of the recession.

Very odd design choices.

>kangz get their own sandcrawled-looking museum
>there still is no such thing as a functionnal sandcrawler
>you will never gather a hearty crew of pollacks to go roam through the middle-east in an armoured and weaponized sandcrawled and remove kebabs from the source

> advanced tickets to this museum
I wouldn't be surprised. Also, today there were so many googles who were uppity. I'm talking like walking down the sidewalk and not moving for anyone out of the way. The drivers were extra shitty today as well. I was stuck in the tunnel by l'enfant plaza and these car of queenz and KangZ was to the left of me riding this other cars ass closer than normal for this area and hootin and hollering. When I parked the car it got worse; I about shoulder checked multiple people even as I was holding my kids hand. Rude and disrespectful Jesus Christ. Drivers in MD and DC are some of the worst but have a bunch of googles in the mix and it is pandemonium. Fuck.

this is the actual seat of scottish government

kill me

>pretty muc hdeserted since the 70s
>already falling in ruins
>was about to crumble on its own
>no money
Why is it so hard to understand? Yeah it sucks but maintaining that sort of building is a money-pit, especially when nobody even uses it and when it's in an empty town.

fuck, it looks like a 100% functional no-frills urban subway station

because you've been trained from birth to see "racism" in everything by your liberal government

Came here to post this.

{continued}

I was on 10th an G street and a group of 15 googles all with matching black lives matter shirts were walking south and a lone white guy was going towards them. I was on the other side and just watched. They shoulder checked the guy and one of them turned around after passing and pushed his chin forward and slapped his chest. The guy looked scared and got out of there fast

So, are Native Americans getting one? (p.s i dunno if they actually do i've never been to DC)

Incidentally, i do kind of feel that one countermeasure to BLM and the undue attention blacks are trying to grab in America (and exporting your bullshit to us, incidentally) would be throwing support behind Native Americans. Who from my perspective are still genuinely marginalised and forgotten by pop culture, while blacks have taken the goddamn oppression crown and are showing it off to everyone making a big deal out of it.

I understand why from a financial point of view, but it's still depressing as fuck. That gothic baguette architecture is beautiful and the fact that it survived WWII, unlike so many buildings, and then gets destroyed just because no one can be arsed to care for it makes me sad.

there are some beautiful buildings in edinburgh, you might notice some of them behind this £400 million eyesore (initially projected to cost only £40 million)

They have one

>So, are Native Americans getting one?
Yeah they have more than one. Here's the inside

Came here to post this.

I'm an atheist and I love classical Christian architecture. If I ever get a chance to visit Rome the Vatican is going to be one of my first stops, even though I have little love for Catholisism.

WEW lad

They have one and it looks okay. The interior is similar to the Guggenheim and takes a lot of inspiration from Frank Lloyd Wright imo

>the fact that it survived WWII, unlike so many buildings
Very few buildings were actually bombed here.
A lot of the works of art were looted by the germans, but there were not that many bombings in the first place.
And that sort of church is still very common. There is at least one in every town over 100 000 inhabitants.

The entire purpose of modern art is supposed to stimulate the viewer's way of thinking not just master A E S T H E T I C S.

That's for children and Disney cartoons. The masters of art figured out realism centuries ago. It's no longer a challenge.

Sorry, that modernism is literally too deep for you.

Saw this thing the few times I was in DC this summer. Had no idea what it was and thought it looked ugly as shit.

They had a chance to make a building that was attractive and positive, but instead they built something that accurately represents african american culture.

The Mansion House on 5th & Penn was a landmark visited by many famous people - including Presidents of the US - throughout the mid-late 1800s and early 1900s.

It was then demolished in the 1930s for a two-story office building.

By the 1970s, McDonalds was running the building, which caught on fire around 1978-79.

A new one, resembling the old one slightly, was built in 1980.

Even McDonalds has left now.

>Sorry, that modernism is literally too deep for you.
WEW LAD. You went all out on this b8
youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI

Well, it's good that so many are still in repair. I meant more generally that a lot of architecture across Europe was destroyed though, and as such seeing any building that old be torn down is a bit depressing. Don't let mudslimes or complacency destroy all your lovely architecture, mon frere.

>youtube video
>an actual argument
k bud

True, but those go to far sometimes.
In some places in Germany houses are requiered to have the same colour as their neighbours.

oh, my bad. Would you rather me write out a whole page about it so you can say "huehue tldr" instead?

We got so paranoid during the 60s, so worried that american culture would take over and destroy us from the outside, we took loads of measures to maintain buildings of cultural or artistic relevence, subsidize local cultural production, etc. Which is fine in itself.
Sadly it mostly worked when we had a growing economy.
But I'm not too worried. Unless they bomb stuff from the inside, our monuments are safe.
it's the rest that isn't.

PS I'm pretty sure the design of this thing is a distinct part of postmodern architecture. This is basically a rejection of the Bauhaus school. However PoMo wants to remain simple and 'pure'; without influences from the past (e.g. classical) just like Bauhaus did. So as a result, you get... this. Basically Bauhaus with a veneer.

t. Art graudate

looks like rust

i was just shitposting, i posted without seeing the video, its actually p good.

im entering in arch uni next year and im full triggered with this thread

Possible.
But I think it's pretty funny that the museum for black history has this thing looking at it.

topkek

>Mild earthquake hits
>Museum reduced to rubble and destroyed
>Powerless against nature just like Africa
Pottery