Why did humans start making art?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R8wnSbCg_vo
youtube.com/watch?v=6zRyubvOzio
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why are you sliding? sage

Why did humans start making memes?

We got bored.

What else you could do sitting in a cave without electricity or internet?
Painting shit on a walls and carving wood was great to kill some time .

Neanderthals were, archaeologically, the first civilization to have art, carvings, jewellery, etc.

When the Europeans and Asians mixed with them, they adopted some of their ways.

Googles, well, I'm sure they picked it up at some point.

abstract thinking

>that shit on its face

earliest instance of hotgluing?

all art is politics, if it's nto it's just decoration

They embraced sin and hated God's perfect law.

paleolithic era

That sculpture reminded me of this masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=R8wnSbCg_vo

AUTISM

Same reason you shitpost. Boredom.

FUCKING FURRIES REEEEEEEEEEEE

Mushrooms

As a form of expression. To find perfection

Example: We study the art of medicine to perfect our health

Jewish propaganda to keep the men distracted.

It's the result of free will. Think about it. If we were all per-programmed creatures like plants and animals, then we wouldn't do anything different. We'd just keep doing the same shit over and over again, least of all make a wood carving for fun'.

But because we are creatures of free will, we can choose to do things that may seem unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.

found the mooslim

Exodus 20
4. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

5. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6. And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

youtube.com/watch?v=6zRyubvOzio

>It's a "you have have to do everything in the old testament because I didn't bother reading Galatians or Hebrews" post.

Stupid Christians, am I right guys. Their not enlightened like us right guys.

Functionality. Most, if not all, "ancient art" served a purpose to either communicate (cave paintings, hieroglyphics), serve a purpose (pottery, Greek vessels) or used for religion (basically every civilization ever). Art for statement honestly didn't really even become a thing until the invention of the camera.

>self referential definition
>over generalization

Confirmed mouth breather