BAG THE FUGG UP :D:D:D:D

So you like redpills? I got your stinkin' redpills.
Enjoy these political cartoons from the 1930s.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FO725Hbzfls
s1383.photobucket.com/user/Synovexh/library/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do you have this?

Random chance. I found them in a book on a bookshelf in my grandparents' cabin in the North Georgia mountains. I thought they were pretty cool, and they seemed like the kind of thing that would really tickle Cred Forums. You guys have given me a few laughs, so I decided to scan some of the better ones and share, hoping it'd give y'all some fun.
Each image corresponded with a page of text explaining it, which I was too lazy to scan as well. Some of these have some obscure references, so if any of you has some experience that they could recognize less important political figures from WWII, I invite you to offer input.
I have a little over 50 total, posting as fast as I can captcha.

I really like some of these desu. Thanks OP

Interesting so far, thanks, OP!

Keep reading, some of these are right based!

this one is really good

Piss and scabs, I spilled a bottle of water all over my coffee table, sorry for that

>p-please no Joe please pl-NOOOO!

>Implying Adolf wouldn't sickle Stalin's hammer of the people

bump, I love this kind of stuff, thanks for posting these.

Journal entry; post 26- I'm starting to get sick of the Captcha

i dont get it

You're welcome! I'm glad some of y'all get a kick out of them.

Did you not get one in particular? These are pretty dated, political cartoons are pretty tailored to the mindset of an audience, and these are nearly a century old.

OH SHIT
SPANISH FASCISTS BTFO FOREVER
WILL SPANISH FASCISTS EVER RECOVER
>be Spanish fagshits
>get anal-ihillated by pic related
>never recover

But really, fuck those guys. At least Hitler built the Autobahn.

I really like these two

Yeah, there are definitely some I like more than others. Around half of them I'm only posting because they might be kinda interesting for some people, but a small handful are really inspired.
Pic related, it's a very simple image but what a powerful fucking message.

LOL what a bunch of goofballs. You can see the shame in the statues.

>world money problem
>no reference to international banking
>redpill

Am I missing something?

LOL Hitler, what a little scamp

Yeah that one is really good, these seem a lot more artful than any of the cartoons we have today.

good one

>one-panel political cartoon
>hardly any text, obviously addressing a specific topic
>for simplicity and artistic impact, doesn't delve into myriad causes of said topic
We can't all be as enlightened as you, Colgate sempai

I think back before any jackass with a pen and internet connection could get an artist, making and publishing these was enough of an endeavor to warrant (if you can imagine) a real effort.
ikr?

What's the source for all these?

The redpill is that liberal democracies should've embargo the shit out of Italy, Japan, and Germany before things got out of control.

Ah shit man, I scanned all these and didn't even bother looking at the cover. I remember it was something generic like 'the twentieth century in political cartoons' with a beige and brown cover, published like 1939- I'll do some quick detective work on G-word

Damn, I'm sorry dude, I didn't even think to mark down the book title. I'm planning on posting these again some other time, I'll swing back up to the cabin and get the title for next time, hopefully dumb luck will put me across your path again.
I apologize for ineptitude.
THIS one, might be my favorite; something about it is just timeless

This. Hindsight is 20/20, I guess.
Though, considering these were all published before WWII actually kicked off, it shows some of the brighter minds actually got what was up.

In the last stretch, less than 10 to go

Oh, so ALL were before WWII? that's very impressive.

I wonder what the author would think now that people bring up that the US is a republic, not a democracy, like if it made anything better.

OOP, I made a mistake. This one is sympathetic to Israeli occupation, so much for being redpilled
>into the trash it go
>/s

this one seems relevant

Would you believe I never knew the difference between democracy and republic before I saw that image macro, could you give me more detail plz?

OMG yes that one is definitely one of the top 5 best of all these.

This one, while not my favorite, is probably the best at giving an important message.

...Although, so does this one, even though I don't agree quite as much with the message

Only one left after this one...
Also, one of my favorite top 5. Pairs nicely with

This one may also be not pro-israel but anti-Europeans-sending-their-jews-out-to-somewhere-else-anyways

Basically, the idea is that a republic is governed by law and a constitution instead of what the people want, even if the majority of the people support that policy. So, if our country was composed of me, you, and 8 other nazis and me and the nazis voted to gas you, the constitution would protect you even if it goes against the majority. The thing is that the law might also have clauses that make people worth 3/5 of what others are worth, or violate the rights of others in other ways.

The thing is that the author is selling the idea of the US as a democracy against the evil axis.

Modern-day conservatives would use that image to justify bombing Iran or even Russia though.

These are amazing, thanks OP.

Fascinating! Thanks for the input.
Also, here's the last one.
I'll let y'all enjoy and bump as you like, hopefully this'll stay alive through the night, I'll check back in later but I'm bed-bound for now.
I hope everyone likes these! I'll probably post them again sometime later. Until then, PRAISE KEK AND PASS THE MEMMUNITION!
ps does anyone recognize what political figure is depicted in this last one?

Looks like Neville Chamberlain. Former British PM who tried to stop war with Germany by diplomacy and its depicted in a lot of cartoons in this thread for not taking a harder stance.

youtube.com/watch?v=FO725Hbzfls

This tickles me the most.

I now realize there was an era where Mussolini and Hitler were depicted as bros in arms.

Plus the nip is hilariously small.

Now the poor guy is used as an example that diplomacy never works too.

saved and bumping
ty bro

People in any age would use that image to justify going to war in any situation.

Favorite image here.

I'm not too familiar with pre ww2 Germany. What was the relationship of the Ex-Kaiser and Hitler?

Was it positive? I'm aware that Mussolini and the King of Italy were on reasonable terms.

Same here

Everything you hear and read about Hitler is war era

I always assumed he was loved in Germany

Anyone know why Musolinni has a pillow tied to him in this one?

>Anyone know why Musolinni has a pillow tied to him in this one?

Because he keeps getting kicked in the ass

You know, for protection

This is all some seriously bluepilled garbage (not blaming you OP)

Obviously written by jews to bend America to their wishes as usual. Shaming us into dying for the jew, again.

Put this shit on mega OP.

kaiser wanted hitler to bring back the monarchy. hitler laughed and said "is he crazy?"

Deal (switched computers for fap) Is there a trick to that? BRB learning how to mega

The Japanese faces are hilarious

Seek and ye shall find
s1383.photobucket.com/user/Synovexh/library/

Was that it?

I understand there was probably a more complicated scenario involved in that, but can it be boiled down to that?

Kaiser wants Monarchy?

Hitler says no?