Why do liberals love snarkiness and sarcasm?

Why do liberals love snarkiness and sarcasm?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pu0rRi5Ut8k
youtu.be/4DMEekDsN2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Easier to remember, and if they get rebutted they can say it was just a joke.

Your opinions are either fact-based or feelings-based. Those are the only two options. Liberal ideas do not have a factual basis, and are therefore not defensible from a logical perspective. The only way to influence people to adopt their ideas is through feelings-based arguments. Therefore all arguments must use empathy or ridicule. Empathy isn't funny so lib comedians use ridicule.

Actual arguments wouldn't work in their favor. Once they drop the act, their malice soon comes out

Deflection tactic because their logic fails when questioned.

It's a self esteem boost to feel smarter than someone else. They have inferiority complexes.

Here's what I love about current late night talk shows; outside of it being a liberal echo-chamber.

Not only do they make smug commentary, they think (along with their audience) "HAHAH! GOT YOU!" and nothing comes from it, they think this is winning.

It's fucking confirmation bias and they don't realize it.

Late nights being unapologetic democrat propaganda has become so normalized that some got upset at fallon for not calling trump Adolf Hitler or imply he's an incestuous pedophile racist

I would agree with that. Appeal to emotion is also correct as the other user said but essentially political sarcasm allows deflection and rejection of responsibility. You see this very clearly in the US and the bastard spawns of these comedy shows here when they criticize the current "right" political developments. They can say whatever shit they can think of and partake in most obvious propaganda. And every time they are called out on that, they can simply proclaim that it is satire, only a joke etc. We can see through this bullshit, but it works for most people. "Why are you getting so worked, it's only a joke" is a frequent response.

This takes an even greater form in Germany than in the US since our "political comedy" shows here run on tax-funded state TV and they obviously try to ridicule the AfD, have an obvious agenda. It's really funny when they try to deflect all criticism of this obvious propaganda by calling it just satire.

because banter can win elections. Why would Trump be so successful otherwise?

Notice that time hillary pretended to laugh when questioned about the emails. When you have a problem you can confront and solve it or you can use emotional posturing to give the impression that it is nothing to you

Because they realize they have no logical arguments when debating conservatives.

They think it makes them appear very smart.

Because ridicule protects against having to face a valid argument

That's what cowards and betas like.

Because it makes you feel like the snarky/sarcastic person knows something you don't - it's a trick to get you to second guess yourself and lose confidence. For many, when that happens they'll simple keep their mouths shut. Quite often the assumption becomes "snarky, sarcastic asshole must be right.

It's a rhetorical tool the left uses because they have flimsy logic and wrong positions.

Because they're children. Use it against them and they'll throw a temper tantrum. Very enjoyable to watch

/thread

GOD I HATE THAT SHOW!

Who doesn't love sneakiness & sarcasm?

It's one third of the humor wheel.

The others thirds being dry humor & slapstick.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Pic related sums up everything wrong with liberal """"comedy""""

fpbp

This is exactly what's wrong with liberal comedians. They try to be pundits and talking heads, but if they can't hold up their argument (which they often can't), they will play it off as a joke.

dry > slapstick >>>>>>>>>>> snarkiness

>It's fucking confirmation bias and they don't realize it.

Do you not realize that this shitty ass cesspool of a containment board is far more guilty of being an echochamber that is just propagating and intensifying stupidity?

Oh, the irony. You guys are pathetic.

I thought liberalism was.

There's nothing funny about a condescending authoritarian. That's what those people are, and it only works (insofar as the audience is concerned) as long as they can hold up the ruse that they're still the underdogs.

the fact that you can say that at all disproves your stupid ass theory retard

Kys faggot shill.

Passive aggression is the currency of people who think they're on the right side of history, who think they are so in the right, that there's isn't even a need to justify their their beliefs, and with that assertion, that everything's so obvious that no explanations are even necessary, the sheer unbridled confidence in their opinions is what they think will convince people to join their side.

pic not related?

>liberalism
>wit

>leaf post

Colbert was better when he has the persona

>Who doesn't love sneakiness & sarcasm?
it's lame as fuck. you're like a fat kid walking around with a 'sarcasm is my second language' shirt. fuck off retard

It makes them feel superior.

sarcasm is used by people who mostly have a pessimistic outlook, and tend to see the bad things in life while trying to stay somewhat positive.

I'm sarcastic a lot because i don't see my life getting any better from here, and it feels better to make jokes about what is happening around me than to stare into the abyss without any protection at all.

>Oh, the irony. You guys are pathetic.
at what point did Cred Forums attract a literal bunch of people that come here just to insult it?

i'm just kind of amazed that an imageboard can anally devastate american style liberals so badly

I just want to take this opportunity to voice how much I fucking despise "comedy news shows". My biggest issue is that they try to play it both ways. They offer "news" that incredibly manipulated (and often outright made up) in order to paint a leftist narrative. And then when people call them out on this shit, they just fall back on the excuse of "WELL IT'S JUST A COMEDY SHOW! THIS IS JUST SATIRE AND NONE OF THIS SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY, GOY! :^)"

Bullshit. Fucking bullshit. They know damn well that millions of people tune in and watch their shlock and assume that, while they may put a funny spin on things, that they're still telling the truth. You can't fucking have it both ways. You can't implicitly pretend to be a real news station and then just fall back and say "its just a prank bro" when someone calls you on your shit.

And the corollary to this is I absolutely can't fucking stand the mouth-breathing retards who say stuff like "LOL FOX NEWS SUCH A BIASED SOURCE" while unironically getting their fucking news from the daily show and John "current year" Oliver. The lack of self-awareness is incredible.

Sarcasm is for edgy teenagers and should be used sparingly otherwise.

No one likes the sarcastic guy

>Sarcasm is for edgy teenagers and should be used sparingly otherwise.
this

failing all else it's just childish. you have terrible manners if you can't have a conversation without being a cunt.

that and it feels like only fucking idiots fixate on using it

Keep telling yourself that. I'm a relatively wealthy, (>1M net worth), 35 year old who is sarcastic as shit and everyone loves me.

These talk shows have been on the air during two Bush terms. How are they changing anything?

Because they think they are better than everyone else. It reinforces their elitism.

btw, Jerry Lewis was asked in a recent interview what he thought of some modern comics. When it came to Colbert, he said "Elitist."

bush is remembered as the hitler of incompetence when his two terms weren't even that bad

I used to not give a shit about them before this election started, but everybody i know started watching these fucking faggot comedians as a means of informing themselves on american politics. Even my dad seems to watch this guy all the time.

/thread

They only believe what feels right

So the intellectual looking (smug/glasses) guy who is acting like he is right convinces them regardless of the argument

WC Fields was snarky as fuck, but was he not a comedic genius?

Bush and Obama are pretty similar, they just needed a guy who would avoid public scrutiny so Obongo became Bush 2 electric boogaloo.

The ultimate redpill is realizing that people care more about emotions than they do about truth

youtu.be/pu0rRi5Ut8k

youtu.be/4DMEekDsN2M

This phenomenon has been a thing since the Bush II elections.

She actually did really good at that game. I'm impressed.

yeah because conservatives love facts such as the existence of a christian god

That was painfully bad. I could of done a lot better job.

and yet this cartoon frog has had more influence on both campaigns than several shows aired on broadcast+cable television.

Tell me, can you name a joke/zinger from the comedy circuit that has stuck? Pickle jars and Drumpf?

Reminder, Daily Show and any of its spinoff shows were created to push leftism.

Jon "Stewart" Leibowitz is a kike.

Someone showed me this. fucking cringy shit

they are scared of direct confrontation

obabo bombed more countries than bush did. Try to tell your normie friends this and they will waffle between "the news didn't tell me this" and " oh I don't watch television".

Is it even possible for them to think instead of employing thoughtless deflection?

said the man posting on the anonymous Laotian origami enthusiast message board ;^)

In truth WC was all three. Man was legend.

Everyone does, conservative humorists don't get hired by Hollywood.

That's the power of memes - conservative humor gets seen.

Dennis Miller can be funny.

Not really funny, but he's conservative.

The Kike the Nigger & the Mick.

You are none of these.

Being funny is overrated.

Check out Patton Oswalts twitter sometime if you want a live demonstration of this. No argument, no thought, no point, just simply "I'm right, you're wrong."

Im sick of this meme.

>all right-of-center people believe in god

They believe themselves to be above people like us.

the fact you're able to make dumbass posts like that proves you wrong faggot

This.

It's why I left rebbit, every argument was just a regurgitation of last night comedy show and when I fact-checked or called them out they always responded with "ITS JUST A JOKE BRO CHILL"

because usually gay people use snarkiness and sarcasm.
either gay people or feminine people.

Jon Stewart and conservative Colbert were alright, biased but would give a somewhat balanced view.

However, Trevor Noah, Larry Wilmore, Late Show Colbert, John Oliver and Samantha Bee are 100% propaganda mouthpieces. I can't get through even one show of theirs without getting pissed and turning it off.

You morons keep pushing the "le Cred Forums is an echo chamber" meme yet its not sticking. I wonder why?