Is it really necessary?

I'm a 17 year old. I learn shit in school. Physics, Maths, Chem and the regular dosage of bullshit. My question is should school really be teaching this to everyone? What if I'm only interested in some stuff? Do we really need it and should it be free? Discuss pls.

public education is fucking shit and exists almost solely to enforce single mindedness and blind worship of the state and authority
it's worse than other forms of public industry since it's not only an absolute shitshow economically, but it destroys the intellectual capabilities of the society

Yes and no. Knowledge is a good thing but not everyone is cut out for it and trying to install Windows 10 on an old 386 with 16MB of RAM and a 200MB hard drive is just futile and a waste of everybodys time. In other words, trying to teach a nigger advanced physics is probably not the best use of our resources.

You never know what information you'll need. A basic understanding of all fields is a good thing. I am not talking about being a jack-of-all-trades-expert-at-none so much as being a renaissance man, a Macgyver who can survive and thrive in any situation he finds himself in.

Of course not everyone is cut out to be a brain surgeon, some would be better suited as general physicians, and some as nurses and some as nurses aids changing beadpans and some as the hospital janitors. And theres nothing wrong with that.

If you want to be the hospital janitor then you probably don't need lots of math and chemistry. But I would hope that you have your sights higher than just being the hospital janitor.

You have to be 18 to post here

This. Fuck off.

Yes, it's extremely important and you should know all this stuff before you got to be 17. Associative learning is one of the most important things about the human mind, and you won't understand why or how to apply all that until much later in your life when your brain develops enough to correlate everything.

After school, you should know enough that unscrupulous marketers can't pray on you. An uneducated society can be taken advantage of in ways enlightened peoples can't.

It will be taken care of shortly.

Why the fuck do you say you are 17? You know you get instabanned for this right?

don't think he's the brightest lightbulb in the shed

>implying anyone actually gives a shit about age restrictions anymore.

Just wait. We'll see.

I'm testing the waters of I don't give a fuck

You just found us. You aren't allowed here.

Typical mudslime behavior

How much harder is your education than British education?

Go ask /sci/

Sorry kid, but you're a complete dumbass. You probably need five more years of school to be this dumb

are you really so fucking dumb that you just come out and admit to being under 18?

Equivalent to British education in the 60's. So much harder.

We were all your age once so it's pretty obvious. Yea, we get it you don't wanna bother learning all that shit. But it's better for you to learn it while you are young and while it might seem pointless to learn those things now there will come certain times in the future where that knowledge will be helpful and you will be thankful for the broad knowledge that was given to you in this way. With that said I am now reporting you for underage.

if you dont understand how the universe works how will you ever understand why you will die a virgin?

>oh but you're my universe user!
>i've never sat on an 18" dick before!

ahoy young user
when i was young i was of the same mind
>wtf am i being forced to take algebra ?
think of it as push-ups for ur mind
you might never need algebra but merely learning it and understanding it will help you wrap ur head around bigger things

>if it is uncomfortable, you are learning something new

and yes, school sux, and you are being taught useless things you will never need

underage b&

Your (edexcel, ocr, aqa) A levels are easy, too easy and too unfair

Considering we need 4As (maximum grade for our A levels) to enter oxbridge whereas you guys only need A*A*A

>oh no they're being sensible
>meanwhile nobody gives a shit or wants to go to your country