I am 100% convinced that God is real and Christianity is for me

I am 100% convinced that God is real and Christianity is for me.

But I have one problem, which denomination should I follow?
I enjoy the free feeling of Protestantism but it's too decentralized and liberal.
I love the culture and morals of Catholicism but I don't want to follow a speaker of God who kisses the feet or that same God's enemies (muslims)

I think Orthodoxy is the most centralized and close the Christian values out of all 3, but there's no orthodox churches around here and I'm not sure I went to go stray away from the western Christianity my forefathers had.

What are the pros and cons of each denomination?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_succession
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deacon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_(Christianity)
youtube.com/watch?v=JOmSYHzeoNA
youtu.be/DkNhG_y-9vE?t=54s
youtube.com/watch?v=jDbOCKdSIR8
jerusalemperspective.com/2699/
jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/
wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e
biblegateway.com/verse/en/1 John 5:8
simplebibletruths.net/70-John-1-1-Truths.htm
vocaroo.com/i/s0DQNDix6EiR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Christianity is just a rehashed versions of Judaism. You're all Jews to one extent or another; so it doesn't matter.

>Christianity is just a rehashed versions of Judaism. You're all Jews to one extent or another; so it doesn't matter.

*tips Fedora*

>being a christ cuck

Yoy have to be an idiot to actually believe this horse shit

>Unironically being a Christfag

>guys help me pick the kewlest religion for me to LARP along with

Kill yourself so you can meet him quick

Pentecostalism is not a centralized, but very conservative denomination with a well defined theology.

Catholicism

>origins back to the days of the apostles
>massive contirbutions to the sciences, art and architecture
>main dogma unchanged for 2000 years

And don't listen to the "Pope is cucked" rhetoric on Cred Forums. Francis hasn't actually changed any teachings of Catholicism.

Read the bible

Well you have a denomination that evolved on the long term from a countless numbers of Europeans thinkers and under the influence of pre-Christian identities.
And then you have a denomination created by an autistic fundy that led to countless European deaths and the downfall of Christianity in Europe.

>inb4 Francis is a cuck
Francis and all the faggotry will die in your lifetime (with our without the RCC).

>you have to be an idiot to actually believe this horse shit
Still absolutely no argument against it.
Please refer to the arguments presented by Aquinas and Aristotle.

>Everything has a potential and an actual
>Water has a potential to be ice
>Water is cooled and becomes ACTUAL ice
Cold air has the potential to cool the water for it to become ice and then it actually cools the water so it can actually become ice, a freezer has the potential to produce cool air and when it is powered it produces actual cold air, a power plant has the potential to power a freezer and needs chemical reactions to produce the power to actually power a freezer, etc.
This cycle of actual and potential dependency cannot go on forever and therefore there is something at the end that is already an actual with no predecessor potential to form it. Such an actual would be considered omniscient, perfect, omnipotent, etc, all words that have been commonly used to describe God.

Therefore there must be an uncaused cause that both indirectly and directly caused everything else in the world while the potentials and actuality go on forever.

Something must exist for everything else to exist, if the universe was once nothing and then it was something then there is nothing to cause it to actually become something. You cannot create matter, you can only change and design it, such as what the "uncaused cause" does, whom we refer to as God.

>Not an argument
Nice attempt to straw man however.

Have you ever actually thought about anything more than what your public school taught you?

You are not obliged to respect or agree with everything the current pontiff says or does if you are Catholic. In fact, St. Bellarmine affirmed that it is the Catholic's moral duty to resist even their superiors should they fall into manifest error.

Pedilavium (the washing of feet) is an ancient rite dating back to the time of Christ, but it is to be performed by the bishop on faithful Catholics. This is to say that the pope was in error, not only for having performed the rite on people who clearly hate Christ by virtue of their rejection of Him, but also because of Francis' perverse grovelling over these people, kissing their feet, has never been part of the rite.

We are also now reaching a head, I think, in Francis' pontificate resultant to Amoris Laetitia and his letter to the Argentine bishops, in which he rather clearly ratified sin and the sacrilege of the Holy Eucharist. In other words, the charges of formal heresy against the pope are no longer unfounded.

Faithful Catholics are neither surprised nor afraid of all that has transpired since Vatican II; that is, the Passion of the Mystical Body of Christ. Rather, we take heart, because it means the Day of Judgment is at hand.

Catholics are heretics and schismatics. Protestants are deprived the priesthood (apostolic succession) and the Sacraments and . heretics too. You can accept orthodoxy, pray at home. Several times a year be involved in the Eucharist.

7. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
48. I am that bread of life.
49. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
(John 6:47-58)

Truly great is the shitposting upon this thread.

rlly made me think

Don't listen to this canuckold.
Catholicism is nonbiblical. Having to have, "trained" priests to tell you what the bible means should be indicator enough.
Like I said, read the bible. God wrote it for the layman.

Become a catholic.
pray the rosary.

>Catholics are heretics and schismatics.

"For it was not Caecilian who went forth from Majorinus, your father’s father, but it was Majorinus who deserted Caecilian; nor was it Caecilian who separated himself from the Chair of Peter, or from the Chair of Cyprian — but Majorinus, on whose Chair you sit — a Chair which had no existence before Majorinus himself. Since then there can be no possible doubt that these things have thus happened, and that you are the heirs of Betrayers and schismatics, I am, my brother Parmenian, sufficiently surprised----seeing that you are yourself a schismatic----that you should have thought it advisable to join schismatics to heretics."

- St. Optatus, opponent of the Donatists, 4th century

There is no biblical reference to a successive priesthood. There should be church leaders, but nothing like you blashpemers.
You'd think there's be instructions for such a thing, coming from Jesus. After all, God was VERY thorough with the tabernacle and the ark. This along with how the Israelites were to live.

>Catholicism is nonbiblical. Having to have, "trained" priests to tell you what the bible means should be indicator enough.
Which is to say trained theologians guiding their flock, as Christ commanded, as opposed to trailer-dwelling Billy-Bobs inventing their own theology based on the error of private judgment.

God wrote the Bible now?

It's funny when these, "trained theologians" come up with the whacky Catholic crap. Besides, who is supposed to train these theologians? You get what you need from the bible. Read your bible, bro.
>private judgement
Top laugh

don't be 100% convinced of anything

That's the sort of conclusion you inevitably fall to when you rebel against ecclesial authority. Protestants are every bit as revolutionary as the Jews.

Divine inspiration, He did keep it.

>God wrote it for the layman.
>God wrote it

I find it so funny when the Bible is a book that presupposes reading in a Communial group as synagogues at its time do

Not the private judgement of sola sceiptuea

Become penacostal, be a holy roller. It's more right wing than being batist.

>sola scriptura!!1!
into the oven it goes

Catholicism is the one true Church.

There is a direct line of descent from Christ to the priesthood. The apostolic authority to interpret and teach Holy Writ was conferred upon them by Christ through Peter. There isn't a single Protestant in this world who possesses such authority, and the evidence of this is no more clearly expressed than in the innumerable theological errors which Protestants have propagated since their very foundation. Said development has caused such strife and disunity in Christendom as to produce some 20,000 sects of "Christianity", all professing their own quirky and heretical beliefs about God, man, and the latter's relation to the Former.

You are indeed antichrists, and for you there shall be no salvation.

Evangelical Protestantism (Baptists, conservative lutherans, and conservative presbyterians) these 3 are free protestant churches but are known for staunch conservatism in most cases. I go to an Independent Baptist church which is very conservative and I love it I would strongly reccomend it for bible study and theological knowledge

>St. Optatus, opponent of the Donatists, 4th century

He was Orthodox. Donatists were heretics. Catholics are heretics too. Orthodox Church founded by Christ and the Apostles, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_succession
Finding the Chair in Rome is not a guarantee of protection against heresy, unfortunately.

I'm an atheist but I think Eastern Syrian orthodoxy is better. More syncretic traditions dating back to the time of Christ.

This

Poor Christcucks got the shittiest ruse of all from the Kike.

They literally worship a Jew, and have been convinced that it's somehow different.

Truly sad.

Why do you need to follow a denomination?

Did you actually bother to read what he said? I find that unlikely given that he was advocating the Catholic position; namely, that when one is attempting to determine which party is in schism, one needs refer to the Cathedra Petri - ROME - the seat of Peter, to whom Christ conferred supreme and preeminent authority and against which the gates of hell shall never prevail, as Our Lord assured.

>Finding the Chair in Rome is not a guarantee of protection against heresy, unfortunately.
This is to deny the above assurance of the Son. In so doing, you implicitly accept that Christ is either a liar, unwilling to keep His promise, or unable to do so.

By the way, please explain to me on what grounds an Orthodox Christian can dare charge Catholics with the crime of heresy when you explicitly embrace divorce in direct and clear contravention of explicit dogmatic teachings?

You can say many of the same things about Catholicism. You and your, "patron saints." Your idols. I wouldn't say all 20k are christian, just like Catholicism is NOT.
You mention peter, but Jesus went on to say to spread it to EVERYBODY.
Hilarious you talk about quirky.

Orthodoxy is the only uncucked religion against rapefugees.

Following a denomination is a good way to meet people that have a good sense of morals.

Easy. Orthodox.

>that pic
I'd be much more eager to become a Christian if the biblical figures looked like your painting instead of the shitskins who actually inhabit the region.

on the grounds you sell sins-free cards for $$ and your pope is a cuck who sucks googlenigger feet

>There is no biblical reference to a successive priesthood.

14. Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
(1 Timothy 4:14)

6. Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
(2 Timothy 1:6)

23. And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.
(Acts of the Apostles 14:23)

5. And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
6. Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.
7. And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.
(Acts of the Apostles 6:5-7)

moar?

>I don't want to follow a speaker of God who kisses the feet or that same God's enemies (muslims)

Didn't Jesus say to turn the other cheek

Southern baptist, it's the red-pilled denomination

>I understand thermodynamics and the Big Bang.
It has never been implied in the theory that there was nothing at the beginning, the singularity as explained in the theory, held all matter as we know it.
It's foolish to attempt to explain everything with God, and or science, science is a field that's always changing, the theories are not 'correct' but broadly accepted since they prove through experimentation that they give the same results.

It is natural that a Protestant, who is a revolutionary against legitimate ecclesial authority, disdains also the Ecclesia triumphans, who are our advocates and who are given the honour of veneration. As I said, you are like Jews. I cannot help you.

>You mention peter, but Jesus went on to say to spread it to EVERYBODY.
Only a Protestant whose rational faculties have been so thoroughly warped by the error of private judgment could possibly interpret the mandate to "go and baptize all nations in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost" as an exhortation to commit schism and heresy. Please, go bother someone else.

Show me were it says to have a priest class who make rules, and a pope.

>on the grounds you sell sins-free cards for $$
we don't
>your pope is a cuck who sucks googlenigger feet
not an argument, it's not theologically relevant

You are btfo Catholic scum. Go buy another indulgence

I'm afraid that doesn't pass as a justification for formal heresy.

Yes.

It really comes down to authority. A revealed religion (one based on revelation from God) is based on authority, because the prophet who claims to have God's revelation to mankind thereby claims authority to speak on God's behalf. So the question is: who has the authority to speak on God's behalf? Which man or men, if any, has God sent into the world to make his revelation known?

Now Protestantism is known to be false immediately because it has no authority from God whatsoever. It began 1500 years after Christ's ascension into heaven, none of its founders performed any miracles proving divine inspiration, and they immediately contradicted one another thereby causing confusion and division, proving that they were not sent by God. Furthermore, the Protestant idea that every man who reads the Bible automatically gains the authority to speak on God's behalf is absurd, as absurd as saying whoever reads the Law has the authority to act as judge and executioner. If every man has the authority to teach God's Word, then how are we to know the truth when one man says the Word says on thing, and another man says the Word means another? Which Protestant pastor do you follow? Do you claim yourself to be the one orthodox believer with whom everybody else must believe, like Luther or Calvin? If you read the Bible and come to the conclusion that Christ is indeed the Son of God, that is one thing; but then to go out into the world pretending that God has appointed you a shepherd to teach others is a massive leap and breach of authority. Protestant do NOT have authority. They do not have any protection against error. All they have is opinion, and opinion cannot be the basis of divine faith, because divine faith is in the revelation of God, not the opinion of men. You need someone to proclaim the Word of God with divine authority bestowed by God, not human authority.

> All this reeeeeeeeeee
> Believing any one denomination is 100% without error

Wew

Therefore, to whom has God given divine authority to preach and to teach His Word?
Christ said to His apostles: "he that hears you, hears me", meaning that whoever listened to the apostles, listened to Christ. So who are the apostles today, to whom we must listen in order to hear Christ speaking? The Church fathers are unanimous: the bishops inherit the authority of the apostles to lead and to teach the Christian people by apostolic succession. All Christians believed this for 1500 years until the Protestant Reformation.

So it is clear then, the bishops are the ones we must listen to. They are God's apostles, they are the one's we must adhere to in matters of faith. But now we arrive at the second division: between Catholic bishops and Eastern Orthodox bishops. The greatest bishop in the Catholic Church is the Bishop of Rome, the Successor of St. Peter. The greatest bishop in the Eastern Orthodox is the Bishop of Constantinople, the Successor of St. Photius. So which bishop has the greater authority? It is absolutely clear, both in the scriptures and in the teaching of the Church fathers, that Peter is the first among the apostles and that St. Peter's successor, the Pope, is the greatest of bishops. Therefore, in a dispute between Rome and Constantinople, you follow Rome.

Of course, there are many other issues involved, but this is the most important. The faith is not a matter of indifference. If you do not have the faith you cannot save your soul. So it is of the highest importance to discover which of all Christian pastors has the true faith, and to follow him. Now the early Christians sought out Peter and followed him, and this his successors. We should do the same.

>believing everything is relative
wew

The only thing that has been established here is how thoroughly private judgment perverts the mind.

>this fucking guy again

Don't follow humans.
You follow God, not men.

>It really comes down to authority
Only God's authority. Men have no authority.

The Catholic Church is not a denomination. it is One Church of Christ founded by Him while He was on the earth. Protestants have "denominations" - that is, different names for their different sects which teach different things - Catholics have the Church, the Church that has taught the same faith since the beginning.

> leaping to conclusions, the post.

Read Kant ya googlenigger, I can believe absolute truth exists without believing you're in possession of it.

There is no god, blue pill.

>don't follow men, follow God
>but I decide how you should follow God, so follow my advice
never change niggerteom

>Only God's authority. Men have no authority.

Read the scriptures. God gives men authority to speak on His behalf, e.g. all the prophets and all the priests of the Old Testament, and the apostles.

>t. Sicilian nigger

>> leaping to conclusions, the post.
pot calling the kettle black

The scientific method has nothing to do with it.
What came before the singularity then? What created it? Something had to cause the singularity to exist, right?
Ultimately there must be something that is caused by an uncaused cause.
The singularity must have been created by God and unleashed in the Big Bang if the theory is correct, and if there was something that created said singularity, SOMETHING, had to create was created it.

>the seat of Peter, to whom Christ conferred supreme and preeminent authority and against which the gates of hell shall never prevail, as Our Lord assured.
>This is to deny the above assurance of the Son. In so doing, you implicitly accept that Christ is either a liar, unwilling to keep His promise, or unable to do so.

well. Let's look at Bible.
15. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16. And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
(Matthew 16:15-18)

There is nothing about the Throne in Rome. Rock is a confession of Christ as the Son of God and Savior.

This is why Christianity is a KEK faith. Well it's all about how the zeitgeist interprets it.

Crusades: not cucked
Nowadays: cucked

That's why the Bible (and other vague religious books) are so good. Any person and any time and interpret it to fit their narrative.

Islam is different. Islam is the final truth from Allah.

It is immutable.

This creates not only a strong centralized dogma that is unyielding (which showed its advantage during the Arab conquests). But this also creates a culture that adapts to new threats very slowly. This is one of the major reasons Islam is not compatible with Western ideology. If Muslims can discount this "final truth" thing, Islam would be a lot better (in relation to the West)

>I have Muslim and Christian relatives. I'm agnostic

And yet the command to faithfully follow our spiritual shepherds was implicitly given by Christ when He conferred the authority to act as shepherds upon Peter and the Apostles.

This is to say that we follow God with the guidance of men. Only an arrogant fool makes the journey to the peak of Everest without a guide, much as only a Protestant makes the pilgrimage through life without spiritual fathers.

Right but, "trained" Catholics are right.
Just so long as you don't spread the good news of Jesus and let souls go to he'll it'll be okay and you'll make it right?

most sicilians are very religious, you should have called him commie scum

a

A church which has also changed with the wind and been manipulated by many different european nations and bent to their will. The catholic church is about as consistent as a sock puppet its the same sock but a different hand every time, right now the hand puppeting it is liberal globalists where as in medevial times it was the HRE. Go say 900000 hail marys to absolve your greedy church of its sins please.

traditionalist catholicism
marcel lefebvre
youre welcome

b

>Rock is a confession of Christ as the Son of God and Savior.
t.orthodox protestant

It doesn't even sound like you're saved. You realize that only saved individuals are counted as Christians right?

Why are you confused by which denomination to join? If you're saved you wouldn't even think about joining catholicism/protestantism.

Get a KJV bible and read it you pleb. Watch sermons by Pastor Steven Anderson.

If you're a Christian I'll see you in heaven one day bro.

Need I go on?

sounds like you never finished middle school, nice history knowledge you got there friendo

Why would anyone go to a church every Sunday and be told that they are a bad person and they should hate themselves is beyond me. Out of the three Abrahamic religions, judaism is the most based, except for choping your dick off, I have not accepted that, but for a burger, this is a non-issue.

The only way to end the schism is through based Orthodoxy, the number of Orthodox is growing, because many are converting back to the True Faith, join them, user

>implicitly
>when He conferred the authority to act as shepherds upon Peter and the Apostles
Ha. You'd certainly like for that to be the case.

Read the entirety of it many times over.
God only gave a few men - and all of them in the Old Testament - the responsibility of speaking to others on His behalf.

I don't decide shit, spaghetti. But neither do you or anyone else~

>when you explicitly embrace divorce in direct and clear contravention of explicit dogmatic teachings?

10. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11. Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
(Titus 3:10,11)

1. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
(2 Peter 2:1,2)

this

>pastor memerson
trash.jpg
>If you're a Christian I'll see you in heaven one day bro.
lmao

>I don't decide shit
that's not what your posts say, looks like you're affected by a sever case of cognitive dissonance, heretic

This leaf has it right KJV+Steven Anderson is the solution

Go listen to doo wop tracks while you and father giovanni play hide the prayer beads instead of being an ignorant daygo online

>that's not what your posts say
Really? Wanna quote me lasagna-san?

Do you not understand that Peter's See was established in Rome? Do you not understand that when he did this, and when he then conferred his authority upon his successors, that it was by Providence, by the infinite wisdom of the Holy Spirit, that this should be done? Do you believe that all of history is merely a matter of happenstance, and that God is some remote, pantheistic Being who does not manifest His will in the temporal?

The Cathedra Petri was established because God willed it so, as a source of unity and supreme authority in His Bride, His Church. And the Orthodox, like the Protestants and the Jews, betray the degree to which they disdain God and persecute Him and His people with their rabid, almost insane hatred of the Latins. Look at the company you keep.

1. Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons…
(Philippians 1:1)
bishops
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop
deacons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deacon
23. And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.
(Acts of the Apostles 14:23)
>Elder
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_(Christianity)

> a pope

Synonym of bishop.

It is clear that Christ gave Peter a special privilege when he called him Peter (rock) and gave him the keys. It is not the case that all the apostles together proclaimed Christ as the Son of the living God. No, Peter alone made the pronouncement and Peter alone was named Peter and given the keys. The primacy of Peter is very obvious in the scriptures.

The Church is ancient so of course it adapts to the various political circumstances of the time and placeit finds itself in. Most Protestant sects don't have this problem because they were born yesterday, but the Protestant sects that have lived a few hundred years have generally been far more subservient to worldly power than the Catholic Church. Furthermore, what is most important is that the Catholic Church has always taught the same faith and the same morals, which is true.

>God only gave a few men - and all of them in the Old Testament - the responsibility of speaking to others on His behalf.

No, he gave the apostles of the New Testament the same authority, and the early Christians agree that the bishops inherit that authority. If there were not authority on the earth to proclaim God's Word with divine authority, there would be no way for us to determine the true interpretation of the scriptures, we would be left with mere human opinion instead of divine faith.

This is the thing about Protestantism, is that it makes a public confession of faith and a public religion impossible. It makes faith and religion something private, because if there is no public authority appointed by God to make the faith publicly known, then there is no way of having anything other than a private faith, which is nothing more than your own opinion based on what you think God is saying to you.

Catholicism obviously

you sound scared satan, afraid of the Truth?

don't worry, I know you are a lost cause, blinded by your atheistic heresies you call protestantism. Once a nigger, always a nigger

>No, he gave the apostles of the New Testament the same authority
No He didn't. You just construe a number of verses as if they conveyed that because you're desperate for a human boot to lick.

Nice quote bro.

Not necessarily, your reasoning is there because you are unable to explain what happened, and there is no such thing as 'uncaused caused' matter/energy cannot be created nor destroyed.
The theory that could explain the singularity, and I said could, possibility, is the Big Crunch. In which gravity will be stronger than dark energy, and thus the universe would collapse again.
I believe the possibility of a 'God' might be possible, but not as an entity or omnipresent being, but as some type of energy that is completely unrelated to religions, but the possibility can't be observed; the possibility is simply assumed, which is foolish to do so.
That's the impressive part of science, it's always questioned, therefore, changing.

>And there came to him the Pharisees tempting him, and saying: Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? Who answering, said to them: Have ye not read, that he who made man from the beginning, Made them male and female? And he said: For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they two shall be in one flesh. Therefore now they are not two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.

Mt 19:3-6

The Orthodox teaching on divorce and remarriage (what is it you people arbitrarily believe? You can remarry so long as you don't exceed 3 divorces?) is pure, unequivocal heresy. There is no getting around it. It is directly contrary to dogma.

Huh thats odd I cant recall any instance in the bible of the Apostile Paul taking orders from or even refrencing a centra church in Rome. Can you? I also cant recall Peter specifically establish a Roman church with a central structure to go world wide in the bible can you? Seems pretty odd that churches were sperate but preached the same word of God until Constantine came along but hey you know the bible means nothing to catholics so i guess you should just keep feeding yourself that shit and regurgitating it like you have a clue.

Why should I listen to you when I can listen to the unanimous consent of all the Church fathers and all Christians for 1500 years? Who are you to interpret the scriptures? God has not made you an authority to teach anyone, so you ought to be silent unless you can produce evidence that God has made you an authority.

youtube.com/watch?v=JOmSYHzeoNA

My journey

> catholic
> become cocky atheist in high school
> life goes to shit and I get hooked on drugs and kicked out
> now I am becoming an orthodox and locking in

Life was always better with God and my mom and ancestors were Orthodox.

>it makes a public confession of faith... impossible
What are you smoking? You think I can't confess my faith without some self-important idiot telling me to believe everything he says?

You don't have to listen to me - I'm not asking you to. I'm telling you I think you people are absurd though. Whether you care or want to respond or not is totally on you.

> m-muh church fathers!!!!111

>Catholicism is nonbiblical.

If you follow only the bible literally you either end up LARPing bronze age kikes (old testament) or being a member of a tiny proto-bolshevik millenarian cult (new testament)

Only Catholicism and Orthodoxy are somehow valuable (speaking as an atheist) because these are whole civilizations in religious form. Deep roots into pre christian hellenic and Roman thought, the wisdom of Greece and Rome, generations upon generations of thinkers dwelling in everything from science through statecraft to morality/good living. These two churches really stand on the shoulders of multiple generations of intellectual giants and the level of mastery and craftsmanship in their art is unparalelled.

Protestantism means a local charismatic moron grabs a bible cherrypicks some quotes, makes some stuff up and starts his own "congregation" claiming its true christianity.

Do you approve of young boys getting fucked in the ass by middle aged priests? Do you live in a big Northern city? If either is true, go Catholic.

Do you live in a rural area or the suburbs? Is church mainly a social club for the weekends? Go Protestant. Do you live in any part of the South? Go Southern Baptist.

Orthodox Christianity is for the Russkies. Unless you get a hot Russian wife, I'd avoid it. Too weird, you'd never fit in on your own.

>If you follow only the bible literally you either end up LARPing bronze age kikes (old testament)
Judaizing. Protestants are infamous for this, which is probably why their countries are dominated by Jews.

Catholicism is bad because the Pope exists, and they changed scripture to fit their views.

Protestants got rid of the Pope but kept the changed scripture.

Orthodox has been unchanged since the beginning, staying true and is pretty much the only real Christian faith.

>Ultimately there must be something that is caused by an uncaused cause.
No. There could be just eternal line of causes, or everything is just going in circles with no beginning otr end.
> The singularity must have been created by God
You, as we say it here, put the carriage before the horse. It's not like that God guy is around making claims he did everything. You have to prove he exists before using him in your equations.

Lutheran Church Missouri Synod

Question for Christians.

When you pray to God what do you generally say in your prayers?

Do you have a neck tatoo?

youtu.be/DkNhG_y-9vE?t=54s

"Your Will be done."

Non-denominational.

Go to church, read along the bible with devout Christians and study it well.
It contains fantastic secrets and technology as well as life lessons.

just ask god hows hes doing, you know normal stuff.

The rosary, followed by personal intentions. Usually for my family's health, for God's intervention in the Church, for the conversion of heretics, heathens, and schismatics, and for the souls suffering in purgatory.

be noachide

also watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=jDbOCKdSIR8

Rome it's only city. The city of Rome does not protect his bishop from sins and heresy. This is another Roman Catholic mythology. Peter is one of the apostles. Favorite disciple of Jesus was John. Peter abdicate from the Jesus three times. He is the great apostle, however. His throne in Rome. But ordinary people sit on this throne. Tron does not protect from sin and heresy. The Church is one even though the output of Roman Catholics. The Church is governed by Christ, and not the Roman bishop.

SSPX Catholic, sedevacantists, and Orthodox are fine by me. Novus Ordo and mainline protestants are dying out fast and Evangelicals are too anti-intellectual.

E Michael Jones memes now? Nice.

I just generally do the thing about wishing good for family and I ask for forgiveness and all that stuff.

This... Except the Pope is 100% cucked.

Pope John Paul II ftw.

Catholicism is the only defence against Jews in the west, why do you think they've fought so hard to undermine it?

>Orthodox Christianity is for the Russkies. Unless you get a hot Russian wife, I'd avoid it. Too weird, you'd never fit in on your own.
Well you'd have Christ, what else is there to desire? you westerners see church as some social gathering while it's a relationship between you and God, the rest is pretty much irrelevant.

Why are you not redpilled on religion?

Orthodox women from the Russia area seem to always be conspiracy and red pill mode.

They all look boring compared to those amazing churches.

nothing liberal about fundamentalist baptist

>Such an actual would be considered omniscient, perfect, omnipotent, etc, all words that have been commonly used to describe God.
(1) False. Any "cause" of the big bang would not need to have any knowledge and perfect is a very subjective opinion.

(2) Besides, non-belief is not dependent on the acceptance of any science or philosophy. Infants are atheists without any knowledge of evolution or cosmology.

(3) Any philosopher who depends on supernatural explanations to make these kinds of arguments is rationalizing. Rationalizations are logical fallacies.

(4) People incapable of thinking rationally often fall for logical fallacies because their ability to reason is severely damaged from years of forgetting to un-suspend their disbelief. They can't even tell what kind of crackpots they sound like to intelligent people.

This is why people laugh at you gullible idiots.

Both the orthodox church and the catholic church are far from real Christianity. Constantine allowed people to follow idols and retain their culture while christianity spread. The split between east and west is just a cultural split. Both of which are far from jesus teachings.

>Read the bible
Please do. Fastest path to atheism

>it's too... liberal
You're thinking of Catholicism.

>I enjoy the free feeling of Protestantism

Then you're not ready for Orthodoxy.

Extremely underrated.

>fuck freedom you serve retards in hats
And you wonder why you're in such decline. Hilarious.

>Therefore there must be an uncaused cause that both indirectly and directly caused everything else in the world while the potentials and actuality go on forever.

Great, now if you fucking faggots could just admit that this thing is actually a piece of geometry you keep ignoring instead of a spooky incompetent father figure then we can move along.

The answer has been with us for over 12,500 years, you just keep ignoring it. It shouldn't be this hard.

>It is clear that Christ gave Peter a special privilege when he called him Peter (rock)
> The primacy of Peter is very obvious in the scriptures.

All of this is irrelevant to the Roman throne.

>and gave him the keys.

The keys to paradise. This is a sign that the Church and the priesthood have the power to forgive sins in the sacrament of confession.

>The singularity must have been created by God and unleashed in the Big Bang if the theory is correct

False syllogism. No one has any evidence to suggest that there was nothing or anything before the rapid cosmological expansion.

The big bang might be the beginning of how we perceive time, but only retards make the claim there was "nothing" before.

Some perfect force (AKA A force without a predecessor) must have driven the big bang to happen however, yes? We interpret this as God, don't we?

Don't even cede those first two greentexts. There's no reason to at all.

God's chosen people means chosen to make Jesus be born through the judean line. This was planned. Also when Adam was born from mud that was symbolically saying his evolution was guided up from the Earth. Learn your theology.

this. The Dead Sea scrolls prove the God has preserved The Bible.

That meant don't respond to petty personal insults. Jesus also said a lot of violent stuff.

>1. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you,

Then believing no prophets avoids making both the Type I and Type II errors.

Thanks for proving once again atheism is clearly best.

>No. There could be just eternal line of causes, or everything is just going in circles with no beginning otr end.
There could be a rope stretching backwards in time forever, but it would still need a tug to make everything start moving.

“Do not use force against an evil man.” ( Mt 5.39 )

>Some perfect force (AKA A force without a predecessor) must have driven the big bang to happen however, yes?
No,, the potential force was already there. Hot pressurized atoms smashed waaaaay too close together? It was already a periodic table powder keg.

It wasn't the sky monkey or the sun-pusher. Something was bound to happen sooner or later.

>The theory that could explain the singularity, and I said could, possibility, is the Big Crunch. In which gravity will be stronger than dark energy, and thus the universe would collapse again.
No scientific basis.

And where did the atoms come from?

This. The big bang might be visualized as the explosion of linear metric space into the matter, which was prepotent.

Unfortunately for scientists, only genesis as it was taught to Plato and Aristotle explains that explosion of spacial geometry into the matter. Modern scientists are materialists and they reject anything that goes against this, so they don't see the answer that has been up front for the last 13,000 years.

Where did God come from?

Boredom.

jerusalemperspective.com/2699/
Don't use petty evil for personal reasons. There are times when violence is justified and times when it isn't

God exists by necessity. The real question atheists and theists argue is if this external force is conscious or not.

>implying the Bible is meant to be read as one book, cover to cover
Lack of understanding creates more atheists than anything else. Atheism is religion for the ignorant.

The lack of understanding is stupendous. I could go on for hours about this quote, but did it ever occur to him that maybe The Bible wasn't supposed to be read as a wonderful story.
>Has filler
What the fuck is he talking about?

You can insert (on your own) all the adjectives and excuses you like.

“Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.’” (Rom 12.19 )

Be smart and hedge your bets, Jehovah's Witness, ftw.

he didn't come from anywhere, he always was.

Exactly don't pursue petty revenge.

You keep telling yourself that senpai

a Reformed church is the only one that is biblically consistent.

all other christian denominations are synergistic in some way, making salvation something you have to work for. there is no peace with a God that merely makes men saveable, upon co-operation, as opposed to the perfect saviour for his chosen people that the bible describes.

I didn't take the time to go through all the responses but they seemed negative and edgy.

If I were you I'd pray about it. I ended up in a Baptist church right now and I know God is present there. However, good friends of mine are Catholic and I read a lot of Catholic theologians. Also just read the Book of Wisdom which is secondary cannon. Just pray, read your Bible and go as God calls.

Your heart is in the right place and may Christ lead you to peace. Deus vult- I'll pray for you too

Also, Vatican II was a mistake

I will because I have ample reasons for m interpretations, but if I see God and he says I was wrong I will be more than happy to beg for forgiveness because I simply follow The Bible to the best of my ability.

I have ample reasons for mine. Good luck on your judgment.

Divorce (on the foundation of adultery) is always condemned by the Church as a sin. But there are a few cases where divorce is acceptable. They are in the Bible.
7. They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8. He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
(Matthew 19:7,8)
9. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
(Matthew 19:9)
>Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives
>Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another,

Jesus does not forbid the divorce as a phenomenon. This is about a specific case.

Choose whatever you like, BUT evade open heretics (mormons, Jehova witnesses). Orthodoxy is currently the best denomination, but even it is corrupted.

Same for you. I personally believe there are times where there might not be one true best answer, and what's best is what you feel like would sit well with your conscious.

Catholic --the only real choice. Unless you want to worship yourself, then protestant, or "biblical Christian" is for you.

you cannot know the nature of the uncaused cause that is responsible for the existence of the universe
you can believe it to be either God or just a physical phenomenon, but what you choose is purely dependent on what you want to believe in
so please stop asserting your superior knowledge of literally unknowable things

Go to a Latin Catholic Mass

Orthodox is for schismatics

Im not sure why but Orthodox is the edgiest version of Christianity and so Cred Forums flocks to it

But if you overlook traditional Catholicism you do so at your own peril

Your conscience is irrelevant to the Will of God

>Protestantism means a local charismatic moron grabs a bible cherrypicks some quotes, makes some stuff up and starts his own "congregation" claiming its true christianity.

this so much

>implying the Bible is meant to be read as one book, cover to cover
If they didn't want me to read it cover to cover why the fuck did they make it cover to cover

Ease of access.

the problem of catholicism is the actual pope tbqh

Sorry I late. Pic related. Jehovah's Witnesses.

Pros: A strict community of real followers of God and Jesus Christ. A community that practices the Bible to the t. We excommunicate degenerates. In other words, we kick out fornicators, sluts, chads, niggers, cholos, homosexuals and just plain problem causers that Christ hated. We practice excommunication and disfellowshipping. We preach the Good News of Gods Kingdom. You will get a community of very supportive brotherhood. We stay away from worldly events and political and social events.

Cons: No Celebrations, no Christmas, No 4th, No birthdays, etc.

Ask me anything else you want. This post is too short to tell you all the pros.

15. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
(Mark 16:15,16)

>no plot, no structure, tremendous amount of filler
you can't make this shit up

LATIN OR DIE

The key to understanding Catholicism is to understand the corruption that Vatican II caused

We are living in a post Vatican II era

Once you understand this then you can appreciate the Latin Mass

It is the only true and uncucked version of Catholicism remaining

God is letting the devil test the church and this is why the heresy of Vatican II remains

Recognize and resist

LDS, Just read the Book of mormon, and pray for answers in honesty. The restored gospel will be the best thing that happened to you.

>2016
>being a mormon

What is it like being a heretic?

>Protestantism is too liberal
nigger what

Catholics are the textbook example of worldliness and liberal degeneracy.

yes, but JW's are considered a cult that understands salvation by works.

ancestor and animal worship is the only legitimate form of religion that exists as it predates all other religions

this. there's no better option

>Likewise, the Bible indicates that Michael is another name for Jesus Christ, before and after his life on earth.
do you actually believe this?

Bretty gud my man. fastest growing denom in the world. my life is Great!

the fact there is so many to choose from should tell you that they're wrong.

"But hey, whatever you need to do you. "

is what liberals tell degenerates who need sex changes and shit. In my eyes you're no better. Have fun with your deity.

you know, denomination is about theology. non-denomination is basically an oxymoron.

Burn all the jews. And their surrogates the christ followers. jews. christians. niggers. islamists. its all the same. They are all going to be held to account for sticking their dicks in the trove of humanity.

This, people just don't understand the Bible. The Bible isn't just be read but to be studied.

The Bible is not meant to be a narrative story. It is a composite of narratives, teachings, codes, moral stories, and straight out commandments and teachings. It has to be studied, not just read. It has to be meditated on and focused on. It is a book that one must have the right attitude towards so that it can reveal itself to the reader. The Bible describes itself as both a bitter and sweet message. A sweet message to the good in heart and a bitter message to those evil in heart. So yes, the Bible can make both one either a Christian or an Atheist depending on the heart attitude of the person.

If you wish to understand the Bible here are some links:

>jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/

If you wish to study themes and definitions in the Bible even deeper then here. It's an encyclopedia on every word in the Bible.

>wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e

Protestanism is the closest religion to İslam and God.

Thanks brother, may the spirit be with you this Sabbath day

Good luck and God Bless you. Things are not good in most churches. I'm going to check out Eastern Orthodox. (raised protestant).

Crazy/ evil can be anywhere, but stay away from ''non denominational'', ''charismatics'', ''cultural Christians'', and megachurches.

Catholic. Only right answer. Do not be fooled by the memes of the newest Pope. The Tradition is where it's at.

Why can't the universe then?

>he thinks God is a Jewish carpenter

Lapsed Catholic here. I stepped away from te Church two or three years ago because I couldn't handle the liberalism and SJW bulllshit rampant within its churchs' walls. Then the new Pope just put the last nail in the coffin for me. The Catholic is is currently the most liberal and pathetic of all the Christian churches. But it's also the one with the truth and the historical lineage, the most doctrinal accuracy, the most brilliant thinkers, philosophers, artists, and politicians throughout history.
user, the Catholic Church is the one true Christian faith, and when tey finally go back to their conservative values and reunite with the Orthodox Church, Protestantism will disappear.
I for one, plan to go back myself, once the liberal cuckoldry runs its course.

Shoo, roach.

It does not matter. Read the Bible, find your purpose in life, and live to be closer to God.

You being a Cred Forumslack I would figure that you wouldn't allow the mainstream to manipulate your emotions. All of a sudden the mainstream of Christendom tells you something of us and you run to their collective support? What happened to the Cred Forumslacks that refuse to accept the mainstream no matter how much it is pushed on them? When someone says a "cult" what that means is a sect that the mainstream doesn't accept or a group non established. Ironically, Protestantism and the Reformers used to be called "cults" as well. That's just a bias towards someone that doesn't accept the mainstream no matter how wrong that POV is. Now they are an official establishment. JW have been around now for over 120 years. We are not a new religion. Yes, we dont' agree with the mainstream but that's because we adhere to the Bible and not to the teachings of men.

>understands salvation by works.

James 2:17 - Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself.

James 2:26 - Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

James 2:22 -You behold that [his] faith worked along with his works and by [his] works [his] faith was perfected

James 1:22 - However, become doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.

1 John 5:3 - For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,

Hebrews 6:10 - For God is not unrighteous so as to forget YOUR work and the love YOU showed for his name, in that YOU have ministered to the holy ones and continue ministering.

>sola fide
white trash/spic/nigger : the religion

>Atheism is religion for the ignorant.

Look, I get it. The absolute worst insult you can ever hurl at anything is to call it a "religion". But not everything is a shitty religion like yours. And especially something that by definition, cannot logically be a religion.

This proves beyond any doubt your cognitive ability is severely damaged.

Not him, but the term would refer to someone who has their own theology. People in this thread keep saying read the bible, find God, live life... theology is secondary to all of that, and all of that can be interpreted and accomplished in your own way. the moment you accept a denomination they get to start making decisions for you.

>as caused such strife and disunity in Christendom as to produce some 20,000 sects of "Christianity"

Its not that many , its usualy jesus was the son of god versus he was god ,baptism fully submerged or no baptism, there is not one denomination were jesus has gay sex with peter , altough jesus told peter to stand behind him

>you cannot know the nature of the uncaused cause that is responsible for the existence of the universe

You absolutely cannot either.

Thank you for proving this so succinctly.

We know it has a Big Bang. You can prove there was an origin since everything traces back to a single point that came into existence.

We KNOW it wasn't here forever, so where did it come from? What DOES exist forever?

The word "archangel" in the Bible is ONLY singular and never plural. There are no other archangels, only one archangel. The word archangel means "chief angel" or "principle angel".

So this shows that there is only one and not many.

The Bible contains five references to the mighty spirit, Michael. Three of them are in Daniel. Now where Daniel is concerned is where this all comes together in revealing who Michael really is.

>(Daniel 10:21) However, I shall tell you the things noted down in the writing of truth, and there is no one holding strongly with me in these [things] but Mi′cha•el, the prince of YOU people.

>(Daniel 12:1) “And during that time Mi′cha•el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, every one who is found written down in the book.

Now pay close attention to the relationship between the angel Michael and the occupied Jews. According to Daniel, Michael is "the prince of you people." and "the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people." It seems Michael is also not just the leader of the angels BUT also leader of the humans loyal to God.

So far what have we discerned:

>Michael the Archangel is THE ONLY ARCHANGEL.
>Michael is the leader of the angels.
>Michael is the leader of the Jews/Christians.

Look what else is happening in Daniel 12:1. Michael will "stand up." What is so significant about this? Because this denotes that before Michael "stands up" he was SITTING ON A THRONE. The fact that he stands up during a time of distress shows that he is in the position of having a throne as a King or Steward of some kind.

CONTINUED
COTNINUED

atheism is a tool of Marxist terrorists, for that alone I would avoid it

What's it like believing in an Ancient America that there is zero archaeological proof of?

You are not Christians. You do not recognize Christ as God. You say that Christ is the archangel. You have a distorted version of the Bible, which is contrary to the original source and archaeological papyri. Get out of the Christian thread.

Look WHY Michael stands up. A great distress that has never occurred before will happen. At the end of Daniel 12:1, Michael will be responsible for the escape of God's people.
Now lets put this all together shall we:
>(Daniel 12:1) "...And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time...."

>(Matthew 24:21) for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.

This is the Great Tribulation. The great worldwide event before Armageddon. Basically, Michael is described as reacting to The Great Tribulation and standing up on behalf of his people. JESUS will ALSO react to the Great Tribulation and stand up on the behalf of his people.

Matthew 24:30,31 - 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.

According to Revelations and Daniel, Michael is both:
>Leader of the angels
>Leader of God's people.
>Stand up from his thrown in reaction to the Great Tribulation
>Stand up ON BEHALF of God's chosen people.

According to Matthew about Jesus:
>Jesus is leader of the angels
>Jesus is leader of God's people.
>He will stand up at the Great Tribulation
>He will stand up on behalf of God's people.

CONTINUED
CONTINUED

FINALLY WE COME TO OUR CONCLUSION!!

>(1 Thessalonians 4:16) because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.

In 1 Thessalonians 4:16, Jesus and the Archangel are revealed to be one and the same. The voice of the Archangel is the voice of Jesus himself.

You're meme is shit. The strongest thinkers of the Catholic faith were questioning men.

>Augustine
>Thomas Aquinas
>GK Chesterton

Hell even Mother Theresa questioned her faith and she's the fricken Pepe of people who don't know how to meme.

>We know it has a Big Bang.

Which doesn't actually describe the beginning of the universe

Also, raising scientific theories to the height of divine revelations is the height of scientism. Nothing guarantees that the Big Bang model will stay accurate forever

Protestantism doesn't have any pros unless you're American.

Orthodox is a bit more mystical, great if you like hermeticism.
Cons are that they are still butthurt about being BTFO by catholics during the crusades and have developed a sort of inferiority/superiority complex. They seem less cucked but this is only because they are lagging behind the rest of the modern world due to being mainly situated in former communist shitholes.

Catholics are a bit more scholastic, great if you like cerebral intellectual stuff.
Cons are that you'll have to deal with a pretty serious infection of modernist heresy.
Yes, Bergoglio sucks. But he is not even close to being one of the worst. They've had popes having sex in cemetaries, fucking their niece and commiting murder.

Please, please, please learn to recognize the hidden symbolism in different churches. Orthodox and Catholic churches are satanic as hell. Every second image pertains to Sun worship which is plainly luciferian. Also, the catholics break almost half of the rules YHWH wrote down. Protestants also come up with all kinds of nonsense/extra-scriptural crap. BAPTISM is the purest and most accurate denomination. This is why you hear a lot of them say they aren't even protestant because prots are like lazy compromisers to us.

Summed it up nicely.
Catholicism is the most based, but it has to get its shit together before it gets to liberalism event horizon.

>Protestanism is the closest religion to İslam

Yeah, that's one of the many reasons they suck.

Christian candyass cuckold!
You are probably a variant of nigger. No white man would reduce himself for a Jew god.

>We KNOW it wasn't here forever,
Who told you that?

>a single point that came into existence.
Who is to say it didn't already exist in some other form?

A Jew God who called out the JIDF and merchants of his day, you mean.
Try again.

Just choose Coptic Orthodox Christianity. They recognize all denomination and have respect from all of them.

Is this JMcD?

>atheism is a tool of Marxist terrorists, for that alone I would avoid it

The Marxists terrorists invented light-emitting diodes, so you must avoid them at all costs, too or admit you're a communist muslim fascists socialist pedophile degenerate for using LEDs.

I have a question for people who know more about Orthodoxy than I do. Any insight much appreciated.

I am a lapsed Lutheran in the sense that I received a Lutheran baptism, was accepted into the Lutheran church, but later became disgusted by Lutheran doctrine. I can't be a member of a church whose female presiding Bishop (Elizabeth Eaton) has a total disregard for scripture and tradition. It's insulting. See pic related.

I find Orthodoxy interesting for its commitment to Tradition, its rejection of modernist principles, and its synthesis of initiatic methods and symbols with Christian belief. Very old Catholic doctrine is also appealing to me (I mean extremely old - before the Ghibellines and Guelps came into conflict).

My question is whether I can join an established Orthodox church even though I was baptized Lutheran. And further, which is the most traditional, and which features an emphases on the Hesychasm and the importance of initiatic ritual? These things are very important to me, and simply don't exist in Protestantism.

You know what the real sad part of the hebrew trilogy(judaism, christianity, and islam) is?
How utterly low-brow and unimaginative it is.
It's like the pro-wrestling version of religions. Like the NASCAR version of auto racing.

Hell, Dungeons and Dragons has better lore and theology FFS(probably why christfaggots got so butthurt over DnD back in the day, they thought it was competition).
At least when Europeans were still our original Pagan selves we worshiped something with substance, valor, and true Godliness.

>You are not Christians. You do not recognize Christ as God

Even outsiders admit that the Trinity and Oneness are not true.

“The impression could arise that the Trinitarian dogma is in the last analysis a late 4th-century invention. In a sense, this is true . . . The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Volume 14, page 299.

“The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title the Trinitarian dogma. Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.”— The New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Vol. XIV, p. 299

“The trinity of persons within the unity of nature is defined in terms of ‘person’ and ‘nature’ which are Greek philosophical terms; actually the terms do not appear in the Bible. The trinitarian definitions arose as the result of long controversies in which these terms and others such as ‘essence’ and ‘substance’ were erroneously applied to God by some theologians.”—John L. McKenzie, S.J., Dictionary of the Bible (New York, 1965), p. 899.

>Also, raising scientific theories to the height of divine revelations is the height of scientism.

It's the other way around.

Religious idiots are constantly trying to rationalize their beliefs and conflate their insane hallucinations as somehow the equivalent of critical thinking and logical thought.

>I'm not sure I went to go stray away from the western Christianity my forefathers had.

All the western saints before 1054 are Orthodox saints

seems like the cons are pro's but i will never sign up for jw its to much of a cult , and jw change the bible,but with many doctrines i do agree

The Bible teaches otherwise

5. Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
(Romans 9:5)

7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(1 John 5:7)

28. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
(Acts of the Apostles 20:28)

16. And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
(1 Timothy 3:16)

Why are you tipping a fedora?

Oh look, it's another episode of Americans equating Christianity with their own specific brand of snake-juggling, in tongues speaking, gasoline-drinking, grass-eating, art destroying, jack chick cartoon tract reading protestant heresy.

Sorry bud. Christianity is like the Harry Potter of fictional reading.
Overblown childish bullshit. But it's not alone. Judaism and Islam are worse. Not by much mind you.

1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(John 1:1,14)

or

30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
John 10:30-33

or how about

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:14

or

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
John 5:18

I love the gospel of John because it always BTFOs JWs and muslims so hard.

Great passage, it has fallen into my lap just in time to avoid thoughts of doing great damage.

God judges all souls senpai. You don't need to worry about justice being served - justice has been and will always, inevitably, be served.

Just because these things weren't formally established until the Council at Nicea doesn't make them any less valid. That was kind of the whole point of having a council in the first place, to clarify what bishops had been teaching from the beginning of the early Church, and to anathemize Arian and Gnostic heresies.

Yes, gospel of John is the best.

I have the exact same situation/problem as you. I like Orthodoxy the most, but I don't think there's lots of Orthodox churches here to say the least either.

when did i claim i can?

Why do atheists always feel the need to invade these threads? Yes, okay, you're soooo intellectually superior to us Godfearing peasants, but you've already established that anyway so why repeat it again and again?

Probably because Christians feel the need to solicit at every shopping center and even in neighborhoods.

You annoy them, and they return the favor.

Can't take the heat?

Catholicism. Pope Francis is the anti-pope though.

Baptists have the culture, morals and the freeing feeling you crave.

Please never engage in apologetics.

Science is just a tool we use to gauge our physical universe.
Unfortunately for the desert trilogy, there are no actual messiahs.

the reason Christians worship "a Jew" is because he's the one jew that saw judaism for what it truly was and is and broke free to pursue his own way of praising god

Cathlicucks are literally the Pharisees and scribes of Christianity:

Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. 5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; 6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Also, the catholic church said that darwinsim, ie all live evolving through natural selection from bacteria, is compatible with the Gospel. That means that sin, death, and disease must have existed BEFORE Adam rebelled and placed the curse on mankind. And it makes Christ a liar when he said that his death was to undue the Adamic curse which would bring and end to the very things Catholics believe caused evolution. That is a much bigger heresy than anything protestants have said.

Also, reminder: gene mutations, natural selection, and speciation are not examples or proof that we came from microbes. All known cases of natural selection involve removing undesirable traits so that pre-existing traits become more common. It is not a creative process that explains how all the vast information came about.

Thanks!

You're an American, so you're situation is obviously different than me.

Jesus never spoke in closed buildings, churches or whatever. Also that's the only time he even mentiones the word "church" and I don't believe he meant it as a structure.

What do you mean by this?

Catholicism, obviously.

Catholics have a habit of bending the knee to everything that's popular or that figureheads tell them.

It's often why they're Catholic in the first place. They love the taste of boots and feel-good reinforcement by meatbags they mistakenly regard as better than themselves.

Exactly what I said is what I mean. I would rather you remain silent than try to engage in apologetics, since I think you being silent would be more conducive to preaching the Word of Christ than you saying anything at all.

Joseph the Betrothed was cuck.
Jesus loves whores and sluts.
Judas was gay.
It's all you need to know about Christianity.

ITT: newfags who fall for this bait thread every fucking day

jesus is the master and king of the universe
if you dont accept that, well.. id advise you to start reading everything you get your hands on. if you are truly seeking Him, his pattern will be revealed to you.

>Jesus never spoke in closed buildings, churches or whatever.

Yes, the Church is primarily a community of Christians, but not the of building in which they are collected and praying.

>Also that's the only time he even mentiones the word "church" and I don't believe he meant it as a structure.

no, f.e. 15. But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
(1 Timothy 3:15)

>what is spiritual death?
Maybe you wouldn't be so confused if you didn't believe only priests are qualified to interpret the bible for you.

Whatever you do, don't choose Catholicism.

>all those british posters saying that catholicism is the best option

>7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(1 John 5:7)

NIV 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

>NIV Footnote: 1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

>(not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

KJ21 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three agree in one.

ASV For there are three who bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and the three agree in one.

AMP the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three are in agreement [their testimony is perfectly consistent].

>“not in any of the early Greek MSS [manuscripts], or any of the early translations, or in the best MSS of the Vulgate itself.” footnote in The Jerusalem Bible, a Catholic translation

Here's the rest.
>biblegateway.com/verse/en/1 John 5:8

The rest are all that easy. All the rest of your verses are also all mistranslations, spurious verses, or out of context verses. None of them mean what you think they mean nor do they support a Trinity. Pick one, any one.

>30 I and my Father are one.

(John 10:30) I and the Father are one.”

(John 17:11) “Also, I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world and I am coming to you. Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name which you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are.

(John 17:21) in order that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth.

(1 Corinthians 3:6-8) I planted, A•pol′los watered, but God kept making [it] grow; so that neither is he that plants anything nor is he that waters, but God who makes [it] grow. 8 Now he that plants and he that waters are one,…

(Galatians 3:28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus.

(Romans 12:5) so we, although many, are one body in union with Christ, but members belonging individually to one another.

>Regarding John 10:30, John Calvin (who was a Trinitarian) said in the book Commentary on the Gospel According to John: “The ancients made a wrong use of this passage to prove that Christ is . . . of the same essence with the Father. For Christ does not argue about the unity of substance, but about the agreement which he has with the Father.”

>In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
>John 1:1

The correct Translation is either "a god, a divine being, the word was divine, what God was the word was, the word was godlike."

John 1:1 isn't talking about WHO the word was but WHAT the word was. All these other translations back this up.

>simplebibletruths.net/70-John-1-1-Truths.htm

Orthodoxy general in disguise
stupid christians

>In the beginning was the Turd, and the Turd was with Dog, and the Turd was Dog; the same was in the asshole of Dog in the beginning.
>Through him, all things smell like shit, and without him not a shitty thing was made.
>In him was cum, and that cum was in the cock of men, and the assholes of men all over the world awaited it.
>The true cum that cums in all the asses was cumming into the ass of the world.
>The cum became a faggot and walked among, full of cum.

Keep going, that meme never gets old.

>(not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

my thoughts on religion
vocaroo.com/i/s0DQNDix6EiR

come on, you got nothin better to do lol

God doesn't have any enemies, if you're serious about converting, I'd suggest attending 3 masses, 1 Catholic, 1 Protestant and 1 Orthodox.
See what you like best, talk with the Priests afterwords too

In chapter 7 of the book of Daniel starts the visions that Daniel had, what other prophets of the Old Testament have similar experiences, or visions, or dreams?

>I am 100% convinced that God is real

keep us posted

FRESH BREAD

>main dogma unchanged for 2000 years

what is vatican I, vatican II, the new latin mass, additions to the niocene crede

Come home to the true and unchanged Orthodox Church

I read the Bible and am no longer atheist.

How do distinguish a real religion from a false one? Whilst this is easy with things like Scientology and the Occoult it starts getting difficult when it comes to heresies and heathens like Mormons and Islam before getting real hard when it comes to things like Hinduism.

What metrics should I use to figure all this out?

>I enjoy the free feeling of Protestantism but it's too decentralized and liberal.

Decentralized sure but Protestantism is not liberal. Some Protestant denominations are liberal but most aren't and in the USA protestants tend to be more conservative then Catholics. Conservative protestant denominations would be:

>baptist
>evangelical
>non denominational
>Anglican Church of North America or independent Anglican (stay away from the Episcopalian church they are ultra liberal)
>Pentecostal is very conservative but they are all about speaking in tongues which personally I find very weird but maybe that is your thing
>Lutheran and Presbyterian depend on the church

>protestantism
>missing 7+ books of the bible after some idiot tried to butcher the bible to fit his own narrow, ridiculous beliefs

By that logic Catholics are also missing several books. Even orthodox are missing one book because the Ethiopian Coptic church has an extra book. Also all the "missing" books are from the old testament.

1. only through the Holy Spirit, Jesus reveals as God.

"Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
(1 Corinthians 12:3)

2.Antichrists say you that Jesus is a man, a prophet, an angel, etc, but not the God.

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
(1 John 4:3)

3. False religion is deprived of the Sacraments (the main medication and presents from Christ)
They will talk about the symbols, allegories, translation errors, etc
51. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
(John 6:51-58)

26. And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28. For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
(Matthew 26:26-29)