The Falklands

Can someone explain all the falklands shit to me? How can a tiny, freezing, windswept shithole cause all this divisiveness? Do Bongs and Argentines actually get riled up over this shit? Genuinely curious.

it's not the islands so much as rights to the natural resources surrounding it

It's not even that. As was proved by our offer to share the resources with Argentina before the war.
It's because British people inhabit them and wish to remain so.

Natural resources. Also ideologically a fight between the rights to self-determination, and well, third world mentality ITS NEAR US SO ITS MINE.

Nobody talks about it here. Only the Argentinian government occasionally use it as a diversion to create unity when their chimp nigger piss poor hilariously incompetent and corrupt governance fails.

In 2013 they had a referendum. 98% of the population said they wanted to remain British. A few months later their hysterical perma-period cunt president tried to harass David Cameron and shoved a letter to him demanding "discussion" on it. He threw it away immediately lol.

They aren't that tiny.

So they just want to flood it with their brown scourge because fuck whitey?

Until 100 years ago the world ran on the idea that a nation could have what it could take and hold. Britain did this very well, and spread itself across the globe.
After we Europeans destroyed our own nations for no gain in WWI and II we agreed with the Americans that the world would let people choose their own destiny, and the Europeans gave up their empires.
The Falklands, however, is full of people who are, and want to be British, and the Argentines have no right to the islands.
They need to realise that the world has changed, you can no longer take what you want. If they try again, we will drive them into the sea.

No one cared too much although Argentina cared a little more

To distract from domestic troubles Argentina invaded

By re-conquering the Falklands, Britain then became invested, before 1982 most Brits couldn't find the Falklands on a map

Possibly if Argentina had not chimped out in 1982, a Hong Kong-style arrangement would have happened in the early 2000s and no one in Britain give a shit

I wonder, if someone posted from the Falklands, would it have a Union Jack, or a Argentinian flag?

Argentina was ruled by a military clique, and they had to show power, so they choose to attack there.
Britain was a dying empire that was just recently told off by the USSR in Egypt, so it had to make a show of strength, and that was the first opportunity.

Basically two injured dying beasts trying to make themselves appear strong, and ended up shitting themselves, Britain by destroying a ship before declaring war, and in international waters, and Argentina by failing their objective.

Argentina is mostly white.

Why does Argentina's government suck so much?

It would have a Falklands flag - they have their own

I know that, but I didn't know it would show up as their own flag.

>Digits

Argentina uses its claim of the islands to distract its own people from the dire situation their country is in. When the shit hits the fan, they actually blame the Brits for it. They brainwash and indoctrinate people to believe that the islands are Argentine and that the people who live on them are planted there by the Brits (despite them being descendents of those who settled the islands hundreds of years ago - no Argentines have ever lived on the islands).

The whole thing is purely political. It's propaganda to say "look how great Argentina is don't look at the shit look at these islands which we own but the pirates took them from us". Everytime there's a Malvinas rally, thousands of Argies turn up and sing the government's praises when otherwise they would be protesting against the government. It is effectively a psyop weapon that the Argie government uses to control their people.

Gives them an argument to claim their portion in Antarctica. I feel bad for the Kelpers who think Brits honestly give a fuck about them.

Idgaf about those islands desu, we don't have a chance since that retarded invasion in 1983, only good thing to come out from it was the end of the military dictatorship.

>angry brits incoming

Because its ours and fuck you

Because of all the corruption. Argentina used to be one of the richest countries in the world. Then came the dictators and the corruption and they were unable to compete with the rest o the world.

Yeah. I've seen someone post from there before

argentines are googles so were all 'gibs me dat' and britain had to slap them down

We care about what the Kelpers want. They voted to be British by 99% so that should be respected. It's called democracy.

The british destroyed that ship after Argentina had already invaded and conquered the islands, by that point a state of war had already existed.

>They voted to be British by 99% so that should be respected. It's called democracy.

Agree.

It shows up as its own flag but all our banter stamped countries look somewhat the same, so you need to hover over it to check it's not Montserrat or Anguilla/Cayman Islands/Turks & Caicos.

He's a buttblasted Bulgarian, upset that we left the EU and he'll no longer get his gibs.

Forgive me for sounding sycophantic, but I'm glad to have found an Argentine who actually gets it. Personally I just wish that they'd drop the claim and try to fix relations with Britain. We used to be allies before the war. I say that as a Brit who loves the Argentine people, but not so much their government.

The only way I could possibly see what Argentines believe, is to imagine if the Isle of Wight was ruled by Argentina. Everyone there spoke Spanish and it was Argy clay. Wouldn't we be doing the same? I think we would desu

I guess that's a bit like the Crimea/Russia/Ukraine situation desu.

>Argentina
>doing something because fuck whitey