Remind me again what happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War#Aftermath
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no tanks
we were pretty much on equal ground since all we did was spray at the jungle. They were born in it, molded by it. Planes dropped bombs without knowing what its going on. Navy was uses, didn't even go near north vietnam coast line

Look, the US army doesn't like it when people hide instead of facing them on an open field in formed ranks

you know that Australia was in Vietnam too, right?

Rolling Thunder was a retarded tactic.
>hurr durr let's give them plenty of time between bombings to regroup and repair everything

When we swapped to Linebacker, the bombers fucking wrecked everything.

It was also a bit more like a few million Vietnamese farmers, many of whom had East Bloc weapons.

The politicans dictated military strategy. Imagine playing boganball where you can't play in the other teams half.

> Entire population of Australia against a couple hundred flightless birds

They charged us with tanks and we lost.

>australia talking shit about military failure

we laid the socio-political groundwork for best korea to rise up

sounds like a win to me

If nothing else the yanks got to test new weaponry and tactics. A bit like Russia with the conflicts they've had recently.

Are you a veteran of the Emu war?

58K American casualties
1M+ Viet cong/N Vietnam casualties
Air Assault bitch.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War#Aftermath

That picture was inaccurate though. Even during escalation we were fighting a limited war the whole time. We didn't even invade the North and fought the VC the whole time.

Your move.

It was a whole shit load of viet cong, and they were wiped out. The remainder of the was was against the North Vietnamese Army and China. Which we also slaughtered.

Did guy know south Vietnam fell two years after the US left?

They sure beat us. We weren't even there.

Why does everyone act as if the US military in Vietnam is the same as the US military today? I'm pretty sure the Vietnam farmers would have a different aftermath.

Not saying that the loss against them is any good, it was pretty shit.

Nepalm cant burn raw earth

and all vietnans were like worms, in holes on the ground eating their own shit

What happened was
>If you let your enemy claim victory both territoriality and ideologically, you win.

Then the same happened in Afghanistan.
T B H the
>If you kill your enemies, they win
was started by Americans, because of how shit they are with winning.

That's happens when you send a bunch of pot heads to the jungle, crawling with blood thirsty communist niggas who been killing since they were old enough to hold chop sticks.

$140,000,000,000+ in inflation-adjusted military and economic aid from USSR and other communist countries including the latest soviet anti-air weapons resulting in over 1,000 US aircraft shot down in Vietnam as well as thousands of military advisors.

Chinese govt. recently admitted in one other their official state run papers (in the PLA Daily IIRC) that they sent over 500,000 fighters to Vietnam.

Basically a coordinated effort of international communism.

The viets were taking more causalities than we were and actually getting the shit kicked out if them, but the media and the hippies convinced enough people otherwise to force us to pull out.

Seriously if you look at the results the Tet Offensive had more causalities for them than us, we would have had them beat if we'd kept it up

Unless the spirit of the Bronze Age invigorates the soul of your army, you will never "win" a guerrilla war.

bump

more please

With modern technology, they'd be destroyed.

Also, it's important to note that the VC actually did have some very sophisticated weapons. It's true that in the beginning (40s) they were literally using homemade guns. But by '68 they were getting tons from the Chinese. In addition, they had top-end American-made military gear which they had stolen from the South when we were trying to help the South Vietnamese help themselves under Diem.

Such is why I was so against the funding of "moderate" rebels back in '13.

We killed a bunch of gooks and stopped the spread of communism. Liberal niggers are still mad about it to this day.

Why didn't they just nuke them?
That worked brilliantly just a couple of decades before with Japan.
Don't tell me America developeda conscience, they haven't to this day.

us didn't lose numbers wise. They just pulled out.

leftist media lowered morale, support, and army was on the brink of mutiny

>58,000 US dead
>untold millions NVA/VC dead

You tell me.

Since WW2 the rules have changed. ISIS, the Vietcong, even the Crips are not real armies with a homeland to capture. If you kill a general, he gets replaced. It's an idea and ideas never die. You see this in ISIS in the way an American born Muslim will carry out attacks in their name in spite of no real affiliation. The only answer to a guerilla army is to kill every single man, woman and child

nice meme

The same thing that happens with every East-West proxy-war, from Korea to Syria. The U.S. goes strong, then the faggot-ass civilians get fed up and they pull out, leaving a huge mess for the rest of the world to clean up.

Civilians only back a war when they are directly threatened. Otherwise, it's muh peace and tolerence.

Don't forget that most combat the US saw in Vietnam was against the NVA - North Vietnamese Army and not the Viet Cong guerillas.

The NVA was a modern Second World army fully backed by the USSR and China, in their own land that they'd held for thousands of years. Also, after the US left and North Vietnam took over the South, Vietnam turned around and kicked China's ass. Again.

>Viets are some tough motherfuckers.