Why are Millennials not going to theaters anymore?

Why are Millennials not going to theaters anymore?

Hollywood is dying...

>theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/hollywood-has-a-huge-millennial-problem/486209/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e4KSF8e578k
snopes.com/leo-the-lion-mgm-logo/
imdb.com/name/nm0326040/?ref_=tt_ov_wr
hollywoodreporter.com/news/sausage-party-animators-pay-dispute-922259
imdb.com/title/tt4357198/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>(((Hollywood))) is dying..
Yeh but that oven ain't hot enough yet

hollywood sold out, when they stop beating dead horses, i might go.

because video games

Movies are in a fucking downward spiral in quality.

Half of the movies put out are solely created to spread a political message.

The Jews over there are really getting out of hand.

This combined with the fact that the few movies that don't have a political message aren't worth paying $15 to watch once.

>go to theatre
>spend 12-14 dollars a ticket
>$24-28 bucks
>factor in at least $15-20 more dollars for food and drinks, maybe more
>can only watch it once and then youll have to pay full price again
>wait a few months instead and buy the dcd for $15 bucks
>watch it however, whenever and wherever you want
>omg why don't people go to the movies anymore?!?!?!?

Who fucking knows

Then they aren't dead enough, OP. They are still in positions to spew their propaganda in films, that they have no care about loosing money.

They must be boycotted to utter ruins!

Because you can't expect millennials to sit for 120 minutes and not look at their phones

I KNOW LETS SPEND AR BUDGET ON SPECIAL EFFECTS! WE CANT AFFORD PROPER WRIGHTERS BECAUSE WE SPENT ALL THE MONEY ON TOM CRUISE!!!
I've started listrning to the radio again to be frank. close your eyes next time you want the TV and you'll see how void it is of content.

I have a 55 inch TV in front of a reclining sofa, why the fuck would I want to go to a theater

No one (not just millennials) is going, because the movies suck dick. John Wick, Dead Pool, The Martian, the Revenant and Sicario are the only good movies I can recall in recent history out of many dozens of movies.

They're looking at the TPP as their next meal ticket—so they can just cash in by suing virtually every participating nation for not having stricter enforcement of piracy laws.

Why are you posting an article from June 8?

TV is better than movies these days , as is shitposting. plus you can just pirate shit and be comfy instead of spending $10 on popcorn

To be honest, cinema seemed to go downhill after The Dark Knight. It was like they gave up and felt that they would never compete.

normies use netflix
savvy people use couchpotato/kodi
theaters have a similar clientele to malls--young, nonwhite, loud, disgusting

there's literally no reason to go to the movies

Movie aren't good anymore.

"Oh boy! Another super hero movie!" - who the fuck cares?

Also too expensive.

$12-$14? Shit nigger, the most expensive theater in my town has tickets for $8-$9

Make an artsy dystopian film or a 1984 remake... something of quality which is respected as art. Fight Club ... something along those lines. That will pull me into the theatres because I think we do all enjoy going!

This film genuinely made me angry.

Probably because every movie released now is recycled garbage.

And the millennials who do watch movies love this shit. I'm sick of seeing Marvel films being churned out on a monthly basis now.

Bro, just stream it online. Don't waste you money.

Because the service is shitty and uncoordinated at places where you can eat and see a movie. Food is cold, Servers running around taking orders and not delivering until near end of the show that costs as much or more than the tickets, and to not sit in front row you have to buy tickets online in a theater that seats maybe 50 people, servers want their fucking tip while the movie is still showing, can't go get your own popcorn, have to listen to 20 minutes of previews, ads and trailers and its fucking dark as hell and loud as shit. That's why.

>2016
>still paying for movies/tv
only a leaf

quit making re-makes, sequels, trilogies, prequels, and movies based on stories already established in other forms of media

have an original thought for once this decade and i'll give you some damn money

The same reasons they're not reading comics.

Hahahaha looks like those faggot Hollywood liberals will have to get real jobs.

Would you, Cred Forums?

If no one else was in the room?

Would you?

um well lets see.. MOVIES SUCK ASS

has anyone here actually been to a movie in the last year ? honestly i want to know... leaf ?

The millenials steal movies and music because they are entitled, and think all of they're desires should be filled on demand, otherwise you're committing a micro aggression.

The problem is the Jews still want their profits despite the fact that they have more competition today so profits aren't going up like they used to so they compensate by juicing theaters more and theaters raise prices on tickets and concession goods. How about these jews pay actors less, pay less for advertising and right away the savings are passed on the consumer and good goyim continue watching your movies. They won't though

dirty italian savage

>Get expensive cinema tickets
>Buy severely overpriced drinks and food which are *always* stale or out of date
>Watch 15 mins of commercials followed by 20 mins of trailers
>Be lucky if you get a decent seat
>Cinemas are typically filled with pakis/blacks/chavs who can't shut the fuck up during a movie

Why would people want this when they can instantly stream their own entertainment in the comfort of their own home?

I only go to the movies for dates with grills, like I did yesterday, because I'm too unoriginal for a better date.

Pet the kitty?

Hell yeah :3

>12-14 dollars a ticket
Do you amerilards have to exaggerate on everything?

Here they cost on average 6-7 bucks. Some nights just 4.

Lol, is that really how they got the lion's head there?

theater near me it's $12.50 for normal admission i don't remember how much it is for 3d but probably at least $17

The movie theater I frequent keeps showing high quality dank shit like 35mm prints of old kung fu flix and silent films and 70mm runs of Lawrence of Arabia and the occasional decent new film like Hell or High Water instead of the recycled garbage that passes for most movies and lo and behold there are shitloads of millenials attending. The pizza and beer help too.

Hollywood doesn't have a millenial problem, it has a shitty movie problem.

tell me this is fake

Because it is like $12, $6 on half of tuesdays at my local theatre

I live on Long Island, movie is usually $12-15 and the matinée is like 9. It's a ripoff.

Revolting..

Oh well..
>unzips

no shit it's like $20 for me to go watch something once

millennials are the most redpilled generation

Why not?

it is, the lion is having an xray done i think

In some cities I believe it. My city is less expensive. America probably has a more Jewish film industry than you Spaghetti Niggers do.

Are they really trying to blame their lack of creativity on millenials?

Cred Forums is getting the word out to ditch kikewood movies and stop giving them money.
I've definitely spread the word.

>2006
>have to overcome all your social anxiety to ask some 5/10 girl out
>spend 20 bucks on two tickets and maggoty popcorn to watch some boring ass kike movie
>eventually get a hug

>2016
>pull out cellphone
>ayo bb u up 4 sum netflix n chill
>sure

X ers can suck duck

So either spend 8-20 bucks on a movie (depending on if you want drinks/food or not), or wait a fucking week for some guy with a 700 dollar phone to record it and then put it on the internet

this isn't Cred Forums, you should leave this terrible b8 there

no, he is a having a cat scan

Things cost more in first-world countries, you greasy dago. I'm surprised you have time to go to the movies when you have to shave your sister's back every thirty minutes.

The theatres I go to charge around 11.50 or like 15 for that 3D bullshit

You have an AFI in your city? I loved the one where I lived in Maryland. Saw Lawrence of Arabia and 2001 in 70mm. Gorgeous.

>(((Hollywood))) is dying

I couldn't care less

youtube.com/watch?v=e4KSF8e578k

>pay $20+ for an ((experience))
>be surrounded by judgemental normies and obnoxious googles (DON'T GO IN THERE GIRL YOU GONNA GET KILT)
>watch it at home for free
>get drunk and be comfy

>buying the dvd

>Cinemas are typically filled with pakis/blacks/chavs who can't shut the fuck up during a movie

Jesus...so it's not just American Niggers huh? It must be genetic, something in their DNA.

my sides

Because movies are shit, and Kodi exists so I can see the movies that don't look like putrid shit for free.

#sorrynotsorry ya fuggn kikes

why don't millennials realize they ruined everything?

Aus movie prices....

true that

you can get a decent game for about the price of a movie ticket and some popcorn, it'll keep you entertained for longer, and its more sociable then sitting in the dark quietly watching a movie

Hollywood isn't entertaining anymore. Everything is a rehash or just jew shit.

Kek'd badly

What will motivate millennial to watch movies?
If the movie is pedaling towards non white males being the protagonist. Especially women protagonists being depicted as a strong independent woman. Heroines that can be beaten up, bruised, decapitated yet stand against all odds and achieve their objectives in the most decisive battle. A lot like the David and Goliath archetype storyline but instead of David, it is Davinia.
Movie s that promotes gender role exchange. The best will be androgynous gender characters, LGBT lovers, minorities races going against cultural appropriation and politically correct plot lines.
That will definitely do the trick.
If that don't work, kill some neo Nazis or characters that are anti-Semitic and get some of that Holocaust money.

A cat is fine too.

>steal

I don't think that word means what you think it means

snopes.com/leo-the-lion-mgm-logo/

Hollywood nowadays is synonymous with garbage. Hollywood made some genuinely good works until the 2000s, when everything went to shit. All movies are shitty formulaic reboots and CGI garbage with assplosions every other seconds. Gone are the days of Terminator and the likes.

>What will motivate millennial to watch movies?

Oy Vey man, why don't you just act like your parents and spend you money and anything shiny? We spent 6 gorillian dollars on this movie and we need a break even!

No they aren't it's called a generational shift. Millennials don't want what boomers liked and boomers are freaking out over it. Boomers are fucking retarded children who can't accept that newer generations don't play with train model sets and watch less TV. I played destiny with a teenager yesterday and made a back to the future reference and he had no idea what back to the future was. That kinda startled me for a sec and made me feel old but I'm not going to berate this kid and be like "HOW DARE YOU NOT LIKE THE GREATEST TIME TRAVEL COMEDY OF MY YOUTH". I just shrugged and said meh thats life. Boomers as you can see are incapable of doing this.

why would they pay for a CGI shooting when they have plenty for free everyday in the media?

Appropriate? What do you call taking someones work without payment or attribution?

BREAK THE PROGRAMMING

terrifying op image btw, is that real?

They're going all out now that they realize the monopoly they have on the media is diminishing.

The next few years of politics and news broadcasting will determine whether we will be free of jewish subversion forever or be strapped in for round two. Expect uncensored, anonymous, pro free-speech websites like Cred Forums to face an immense amount of criticism in the coming times.

Jews hire Jews and most Jews cant act. Source: That bitch from SW episode 7.

what the fuck is wrong with movie reviewers

are u being sarcastic lad?
just look at ghostbusters

What is date night package also wtf you have high minimum wage but ticket prices are so high what's the point?

It's a shopped picture of a lion getting a CT scan.

Radio is pretty void of content too. Most days it's listening to commercials then listening to a talk show that only employs idiots who talk about nothing.

>mfw "such a nerd xD" types are allowing the Jew to recycle shitty old franchises over and over.

SW?

Heres why Hollywoods dying.

>$10+ for tix plus overpriced snacks
>movie I can download in a month anyway
>literally 0 original stories
>every over-hyped movie is a remake of a remake of a remake

gee I wonder.

I love reading articles about how industries are failing to adapt their business model to new audiences and technologies, and just blame millennials.
It gives me a good ol' capitalism boner.

They have some really good movies that come out, but the vast majority are shitty cash grabs. To boot, it costs me $20 just to get a ticket and a pop. Double that if I bring a date *implying*

Tbh would really like to fondle a lion/fuck a lioness

Would have to get rich or own an african lion farm though. Feels bad.

I don't actually know anyone my age, 33, or younger, that even really goes to the movies anymore. Many of us don't even have television services. Just internet.

Probably has something to do with the fact we can watch whatever we want, whenever we want, however we want, without being subjecting to a bunch of (((their))) product shilling.

I'm genuinely surprised anymore when anyone goes to movies or has television service, outside of sports bars.

Red box + Netflix.

Why spend $16 bucks per person ($8 per ticket, $16 for concession for 2), when you can spend $2 for everyone, and $1 power person for food/drink in a private setting with no lines?

>Terminator
this is shitty CGI and explosions too

What would you guys value a good movie-going experience at? I'd pay about $5 per ticket and only if it was white people only. $10-15 per ticket is just pure nonsense, and I don't feel like sitting with a bunch of niggers.

Use common sense why would the words be inverted? Why? That means someone pointed inverted words there for no reason.

>be average Americuck
>be best goyim ever his whole life
>go to the theater on a beautiful saturday night with his obese gf
>two tickets for Normandy II : the American Soldiers Awakening, remake by Aggamemnon Goldstein featuring Mike Hilldeberg and Bilderberg Salomon in 3d tmax please Sir
>sur thing kids that'll be 39,99$ :)
>mfw starting to sweat but whatever
>Hello sir, how may I help ?
>Yes Id like one coke and a small popcorn, same thing for her
>Oh yes, right away Sir, that'll be 37,99$ :)
>mfw starting to stutter to the max but pay nonetheless
>he handles your food
>mfw feelsgood mode because from now on there's nothing else to pay till the end of the movie
>Excuse me Sir, didn't you forgot something ? Here is the tip jar =) Enjoy the movie =}
>its a "Im in debt for going to the theater" episode
Americucks, you could not have made that shit up

I'd rather get a beej at home watching netfilx than getting one at the theaters.

The stories are all unrealistic political cucktales, with faggy numales pretending to be masculine, and minorities shoe-horned into comically unfitting roles. I like to think that I have a good imagination, but I don't believe it when the 5-foot-nothing female FBI agent beats a 280lb biker in a bar fight, and I don't believe that some mouth-breathing nignog is an elite computer hacker -- I just don't, and no amount of jewing will change that. 99.95% of films aren't even worth the two seconds it takes to pirate them, because I'd rather stare at the fucking wall for 2 hours than give an audience to such blatant propaganda. When Mel Gibson and Clint Eastwood make movies, I watch them -- otherwise Hollywood can fuck right off.

>Hollywood is dying...
good

cos they in there in their fuckin sky high mansions whatever glorifying minorities all day when ppl on the ground see minorities doin more bad than good thats y

They made a "The Dark Tower" movie?

I saw star wars episode 1 in 3D and the quality was shit. Got our money back. If I had a larger screen I'd almost never see a movie in theaters. IMAX is the big draw.

Not the first one, kid.

Movies nowadays are terrible. Incredibly badly made, annoying, preachy, full of liberal agendas and brainwashing bullshit.

Plus they cost an arm and a leg. Fuck that. I'll stay home and read a goddamn book.

Maybe if they make some nice 2D films again it'd be worth it. Cut the toystory crap.

Everyone i know stopped going to movies after we went and watched spider man 3

That movie was so bad we vowed never to waste money on a theater again

How did that even get approved for theaters it was literally just 2 hours of people crying for no fucking reason

Why? I never saw it.

i see... i haven't been on a 'date' with an american woman for over a year (proabably way longer), i like foreign women now

Don't forget the niggers you have to sit and watch the movies with too

These are 2017 movies. The list goes on with more and more sequels. The well's dry lads.

Good riddance.

A dozen and a half comments and you are the only one addressing my curiosity.

Is this legit?

Movie reviewers are either stingy assholes or easy to please morons. Just make a movie with the same tired old tropes and cliches and change ONE thing about it and movie reviewers will eat that shit up. (example: Make a 'Knight saves the damsel in distress' story but with a girl as the knight and a guy as the damsel)

There's rarely good films made these days.

This , The whole experience socks. I would pay the 25 bucks to watch at home on release day

When you steal the owner is deprived of something

When you copy something no one is deprived of anything

All of your arguments boil down to "muh fee-fee's"

You actually want a big government to pre-occupy itself with protecting 1's and 0'd

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T MAKE MOVIES - DON'T MAKE MUSIC - LITERALLY NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST - GET A JOB FAGGOT

Where on LI? Levittown here

>thought provoking story line

This really makes you think...

Honestly everything Christopher Nolan does is fantastic and that's because he makes engaging movies based on original content and even when he was stuck doing Batman to build cred again that was great. They need to give more directors free reign to to original ideas. The last movies I enjoyed where interstellar and Looper both original ideas. Civil War and Batman V Superman were like junk food. Loud, empty and leaving you feeling sick.

Seriously. Hollywood has always been dominated by Jews, but at least the old school ones had actual talent and vision, and some of them were even redpilled. Modern Hollywood Jews are shit just like most other modern things. It's all about their political causes and their super seekrit pedo clubs, instead of making great entertainment. They deserve to go bankrupt.

You mean 37.99 plus tip, of course.

Local theater is $12 for normal price ticket. A medium popcorn is literally $8. Small drink is like $5. Theaters in the US are ridiculously overpriced I'm surprised anyone goes at all.

Paying $10 to watch a movie in the comfort of my own home any time I want is better in every way than paying $15-50 depending on snacks and drinks to watch a movie once in a hard seat crowded amongst talking niggers and crying babies.

And Hollywood is dying more because they keep making leftist shit in the hopes that people's taste buds don't work than the other draws away. It's not just millennials.

>I would pay the 25 bucks to watch at home on release day
don't give the jews any ideas

Golden Age of TV.

I think they are just ass blasted their remake of Ben-Hur(GOAT) failed horribly

Fucking image related all they want is coins

Contrary to what many people believe, Hollywood Jews didn't always put out such garbage.

Jews have owned the film industry since it's inception. Back in the day, Jew owned studios produced wholesome family movies like It's A Wonderful Life and Westerns showing brave, masculine White men like John Wayne fighting Injuns and niggers.

Hollywood has only been producing cinematic diarrhea for the past two or three decades. What's with the change you say? Simple. Because people have degenerated to being retards. Don't blame the Jews for making films that entertain retarded people, they're just in it for the shekels. If people wanted to see wholesome family movies or majestic works of art again like they used to, the Jews would make them because there would be more shekels in it for them if they did. But since people are retarded degenerates who laugh at fart jokes and sexual innuendos, the Jews make their movies appeal to that market. Nobody wants to watch those movies anymore, they want to watch movies about socially awkward, numale hipsters getting hot girls to like them.

Spengler predicted this. In the last epoch of a civilization, art becomes degenerated copies of previous works that are meant to shock rather than invoke a sense of awe or beauty. It's just like the end of Rome.

Imagine a dick joke drawn out for the length of an entire movie

But you did make that up you French faggot

Copiague >inb4 Mexican
I moved from massapequa

>Implying movies aren't prolefeed

Hollywood is a fucking Satanic cult and fuck giving that shit money.

Why would I pay 10 bucks (plus whatever insane prices they charge for snacks/drinks) to see a 5/10 remake of a 9/10 movie, when I could buy the original for the same price?

This, if it wasn't marvel remake after remake I might go

>close your eyes next time you want the TV and you'll see how void it is of content.
Plus TV is even more of a globalist brainwashing tool than movies are. The fucking ads are the worst.

Ya. Roland is a nigger.

Star Wars

Why do all these faggot news outlets blame Millenials for shit when it's not Millenials jobs to prop up shitty media, it's media's job to appeal to Millenials.

>not using kodi...

The size of peoples home TV's can't be ignored as another reason. Once everything went LCD the whole size restriction was demolished. Lots of people can get a pretty close movie experience at home now.

1 Movies suck...yeah why waste $15
2 Ticket prices continue to rise
3 Dangerous as fuck...most are gun free zones in the middle of "economically" depressed areas
4 Dirty as fuck...minimum wage goes up, less pizza-faced twerps to clean
5 Have to deal with asshats that use phone in theater
6 Have to listen to black people talk to the screen
7 Have to listen to people open candy wrappers in the middle of dialogue
8 Its stupid fucking loud in response to previous complaints

9 We realize that technology moved on like 10 years ago, but we're still being forced to use the antiquated model that benefits Hollywood far more than it does us. My living room is a far nicer theater than anything offered by the megaplex downtown, plus the floor's not sticky except on anime waifu night...but that's another story children.

>The Year of the Movie Rehash Part 5

So much this.

The place by me costs $13 for a normal ticket, $17 for 3D IMAX. Only time tickets cost less than that is if you go in an off peak time like a work day in the morning then you might get it for $10.

You fucking wop, I can get a gigantic meal for under 10$ here in America. In Eurostan, it's 25 dollars for a teaspoon of bean curd with fig leaf sticking out of it. Eurostan is much more expensive to live in since you're all crowded as fuck and have 40 billion sandniggers running amok to feed.

>tfw at the start of every mgm production you're reminded that lion is roaring because of you

>theaters have a similar clientele to malls--young, nonwhite, loud, disgusting
checked
and this is also a good point.
Modern theatres are also ugly and suck generally. There is a tiny old theatre with super comfy seats, a great cheap snack bar and a beautiful, inspiring Deco interior in our town. It has live music, lectures and sometimes shows quality old movies. I go there frequently.

Just buy a projector and nice screen and you will not need to visit the theater again, unless you have to see something as soon as it opens.

for $1000 US dollars you can get a decent 1080p projector and 120" screen.

No more cell phones, people talking, expensive food, lines ....

First one was fucking awesome second one was good as well. I don't know maybe I'm hipster or something but movies made in the 80s were much better and way more fun. They made movies like Hell Comes to Frog Town which I fucking love now its just really shit and boring movies.

Hollywood would be in a much worse place without these superhero movies. There is a reason why every major actor wants in on them. I think they see the end coming and want one big payout before it's over. Tom Hanks has been begging to be a villain in a superhero movie, Tom fucking Hanks. Why? Why is Robert Deniro in so many stinkers? Why did Anthony Hopkins lower himself to be in Thor? These are all canary in the coal mine warning signs.

>Make a sequal thats just a shitty ripoff of the old movies but with CGI
>Hire a google and a Jew woman as main characters
>Make billions cuz muh star wars

Goys are so stupid

Not AFI but similar programming. Hollywood Theatre in Portland OR. It's been cool watching it evolve from being a burned out broken-down shell of a theater to being one of the top theaters in the nation and maybe the world.

more like hollyberg

Because Hollywood can't produce a decent movie. There hasn't been anything within the last year or two that I've felt motivated to see in the theaters. Not to mention theaters are also really over priced, and the "experience" is shit now that everyone is so self-obsessed they can't stay off their cellphones.

>wait for movie to come out on dvd
>sit at home and watched on my 60in, in the comfort of my own home while shit posting on Cred Forums...
>vs.
>pay 40 bucks to watch a movie that going to probably disappoint...

Start making shit worth paying at least $15 to see, and maybe I'll go and see something.

It is on the movie industry to make the movie tantalizing enough that I can't wait for it to hit Netflix.

There is literally nothing wrong with watching Steven King's The Gunslinger with a black man playing the part of Roland that was written and produced by Akiva Goldsman

imdb.com/name/nm0326040/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

It is because Hollywood is dying. They need to undergo some serious business remodeling or they'll end-up becoming next local bubble to burst.

This is the worst. Hollywood acting like star wars making billions is a win for diversity fuck no star wars will always make a billion dollars no matter what you do. Why don't those sneaky fucks make diverse movies based on new IPs and see what happens?

Go to one of those cafes where you can order a pizza and shit. Thats pretty fun to do some times.

I would go to movies for good shit. Nothing is watchable anymore.

>my theater lets me go free and free food & drink because I saved the owner's kid from a house fire

I pity you mortals.

no movie theater i've ever been to has had a tip jar but those prices are more or less accurate

>live in Michigan, about 45 mins away from Detroit
>shopping for cars
>can get a Honda Civic for 15k or a Focus for 20k (both bottom line with similar features)
>I know the Honda will last longer based on experience and statistics etc
>buy the Honda
>It's a nice car and gets me from A to B
>get berated constantly by everyone
>constantly see bumper stickers, "OUT OF A JOB YET? KEEP BUYING FOREIGN"
>HURR BUY AMERICAN user UR DESTROYING AMERICA
>but it's not my responsibility to sacrifice 5k to subsidize some shitty company... also we could just, you know, elect some nationalist politicians and impose...
>whatever user I'm buying a Focus, and shut up about your racist shit! we all bleed red!
>mfw her focus has transmission problems under 30k miles and she has to argue with them to fix it
>I know three different people with Focuses and all three of them have had transmission problems, only 2 under warranty/recalled
>two other people with Chryslers, same thing

HURR DA KIDS IS DESTROYING THE COUNTRY DURR
jesus h christ I hate everyone over the age of 40 so god damn much

Faggot you forgot the greatest movie ever made.. THEY LIVE came from the 1980s...

So let me get this strait.

You want me to clear out my schedule, and find a buddy that has free time at the same time I do. You have to go to the movies with other people, or else your a creep.
Then you want me to sit next to this person for like, 2 hours, not talking to them, because I'm not a google and I don't talk at the theater.
During this entire time, I can't check twitter or Cred Forums or even text message. because the rest of the audience will lose their fucking minds if there's a glow coming up from my lap.

Oh, and I have to pay $10 to do this, and concessions are outrageously priced, and I can't even get properly shitfaced because I have to drive there and home.

I don't care how good the movie is, going to movie theaters fucking sucks.

Also, fuck Hollywood. the last movie I saw in theaters was Absolutely Fabulous with my Mother.

I hope they die and I hope China really pressures them today.

Portland? El Cerrito? I love the whole rep theatre with pizza and beer thing.

>Baywatch

Jesus fucking christ. Pass.

If it helps she is of mostly German ancestry

HAHAHAHAHA this

>Do you amerilards have to exaggerate on everything?
It depends on the theater, but last time I went to the movies (5+ years ago), tickets were $10 at the cheapest, with some tickets creeping into the $15-16 territory.

True story...every body that goes to the movies alone is probably masturbating at some point

If literally all the conservatives in this country boycotted Hollywood, it wouldn't be long before they would bend over for us. Money is their God.

Good old Goldsman.

He also did the movie Hancock about a Black god with superpowers, I am Legend about a Black scientist with disease immunity who saves all of mankind.

Thank you Mr. Goldman! You are my greatest ally!

>Prices to see a movie in theatres ramped up due to piracy
>economic situation for millenials is terrible. See: moving out, owning cars, having children, etc.
>General quality of movies is in decline. Half of movies have a "whitey is evil" message ranging from subtle to not at all. See: The movies they release about slavery and racism annually.

There's a few reasons.

Yea, plus they are reasonably priced. The ones around here only carry older movies though. Still would go to one of those over a conventional theater.

Harry potter and the Lord of the rings were good. A lot of the stuff today is remakes of old good movies. John wick, which I didn't see in theaters, is really the only modern day move that was awesome. Oh and the first few mockingbird movies.

Because theaters cost a fuck ton of money for what you get out of them.

>Hollywood keeps churning out remakes, premakes, sequels, threequels, Nyquils, Dayquils

Not interested.

I'd see Lego Batman desu

>I have to pay $10 to do this
Where do you live where a ticket is less than 15/person?

Legit, even if I didn't take my wife, and didn't buy any food or drink, that shit would still cost about as much as just buying the movie 1-6 months later.

And, considering how so many movies just suck these days, they usually aren't even worth pirating or Netflix-ing.

Haha thought so. One of the very best things about Portland.

>I can't check twitter or Cred Forums or even text message.
This is why movies are shit. They are made to target people like you, who have no attention span. We can't put in a more complex story than "blow shit up" for 2 hours, because the tard has to check his twitter feed every 3 minutes.

Wasn't Hancock also about how the main characters were Egyptian Gods too? Didn't they go full we wuz in that?

Becuse it's mostly trash.
There's no "art" or "fun", it's almost all soulless product
That's why the last year and a half Disney has been rolling in the money, even more the usual .
> Star Wars 7 - 2 billion
> zootopia - 1 billion
> Civil war - 1 billion
Was deadpool under Disney? That made near a billion too

Couldn't have said it better. Every year more remakes, and remakes of remakes, but with added degeneracy.

this is so fucked up

... Every single fucking thing is wrong with that. All of it. Every letter and most of the punctuation makes me utterly sick. The revelation that it's true makes it even worse than if you were just fucking with me. The asshole that shat out "I, Robot"? Really? Someone gave him another chance to fuck up a (mostly) great story?

Dammit, I was hype but now I'm fucking depressed.

The gaming industri is just as diseased.
AAA games with zero innnovation and lots of SJW'ism.

>we wuz mafia n' shiet

that is some next-level shitposting, Steve.

And the cowboy main character is a google.

> netflix
> internet piracy
> youtube
> new movies are shit and obvious propaganda even to the most blue pilled average normies

Why the fuck would you buy a god-damned faggoty chink car when you could support American manufacturing and get a manly American vehicle? You deserve to be berated constantly by everyone for buying some gay rice-burner you dirty gook-loving Commie bastard.

It sucks that John Carter movie didn't make good, it was a kids movie I enjoyed lately.

They make boring fucking politically correct dog shit and project it 5 stories high.

you could at least take some solace in knowing that this film pissed off SJWs because of all the racial stereotypes

In other words you communicate and act like niggers now.

>the greatest
>THEY LIVE
That's a funny way to misspell "Big Trouble in Little China" but I'll let it slide.

There is literally nothing wrong with Hollywood forcing interracial cuckolding down your throat.

The (white) main characters wife was a goddess and she used to fuck Hancock.

*Mr. Goldsman rubs hands together greedily*

>Hancock
and the MC played by a black guy is with a white woman who he steals from (cucks) her white husband

fucking jews

>Current (((Ford)))

So American right there. Henry must be in perminent unrest.

Jewish tactics also apply to cinema/theater operations too. They typically hire 16 year olds on significantly less money than the 18-21 minimum wage, only to have them work for 2 hours tops.

Popcorn is typically kept for at least two weeks before being thrown away. Oh, and it costs about $20 for a cinema to make a weeks supply.

To be fair...I think a lot of the remakes bullshit is because literature is fucking dead too...Nobody's publishing decent stories these days...its all fucking lame serialized sciFi / fantasy or SJW rape fantasies...fucking yawn fest

Even the article calls them out on it:
>What’s really happening? How did Hollywood become overrun with sequels, and why does it suddenly seems as if nobody wants to see them? The short answer is that the movie industry has over-learned the lesson that sequels perform well at the box office and has tried to sequelize every marginally successful movie.

People have been bitching about it for the past few years. Looks like enough of them are starting to put their money where their mouth is.

Man these threads about people asking why inconsequential and not very meaningful stuff is changing get old, especially when directed at millennials.There are plenty of things happening in society to justly criticize and worry about shit like malls and movie theaters are not one of those things.

>Harry potter and the Lord of the rings were good
What? You are the cancer killing cinema.

Hollywood movies are all shit. Every single one. Sequel or not.

There's nothing interesting, innovative, intellectually engaging, etc. Just lots of guns and explosions and superheroes and sad stories about slave niggers or something.

Why would I willingly go see something that sucks?

Don't worry, lads. China is buying up all the Hollywood production companies.

Jewish domination of the media is coming to an end.

Franklin Square here. LI stand up

video games and netflix

>Deadpool
Yes it was. Anything under the Marvel banner will be Disney.

new movies are fucking shit thats why

you don't understand things are priced differently in different places?

Two great movies...but I still hate you

>Hollywood is dying
>MSM is dying
>Malls are going vacant
>Twitter stocks tumbling
>Gawker gets hulk-smashed
>Jeb! will commit suicide in your lifetime
>White nationalism is on the rise
>Liberals are scared of a cartoon frog from a macedonian basket weaving website
>The great race war is coming
>KeK (praise be) has arisen after centuries of being dormant in another plane of existence

Is this truly the greatest time to be alive??

no it's not

I don't want to watch:

>Shoehorned niggers, interracial couples, or gangster movies
>women trying to be funny
>hypersexual party movies revolving around hedonism
>repetitive hero movies
>shitty horror movies
>holocaust movies
>sequel/prequels that rehash old movies

Thus, I don't realyl watch anything the Hollywood jew produces.

>the current year
>watching Hollywood movies

shiggydiggy

I haven't gone to a theater for years. The only good thing there is the sound, but it's too expensive and the shitty 3d fad just made me angry.

screw hollywood. i mean, seriously. let it go.

I didn't think hollywood could get any worse...

Moreover, (((they))) are worried about losing the film industry in their faggot LA.

Today's media isn't produced in a static location and any fucking idiot with a cellphone camera can become a star.

Hollywood Hill's is going to lose all the glamor and LA will just return to being a gang infested shit hole. Meanwhile some fat fuck cunt in a Houston suburb can earn millions in Adsense monies for funneling farts into his own mouth.

The same reason everyone else does: to check out of your head for 2 hours and forget how utterly boring your life is in comparison to explosions and death.

I don't do it either. If I need to check out, I could do it just fine at home, whether its via video games, Netflix, or a book.

Henry would be pissed that blacks were driving his cars...let alone working at his company

People don't realize that the Jews are just opportunists. They will do anything, literally ANYTHING, to make shekels. Shekels are their sole motivation in life. If there weren't a market for degeneracy, they wouldn't sell it because they wouldn't make shekels. If family friendly Bible movies were a hit, the Jews would make those. But instead, people are retarded so the Jews make retarded shit to capitalize on society's retardation.

What great insight from someone who has no clue how the auto industry works. American manufacturers outsource as much of the work the law will allow. The only thing Americans do is assemble. As for those Chink cars. Majority of the parts are made here and shipped overseas for assembly. Its one big fuck you to everyone and automakers are laughing everytime a stupid redneck opens his mouth and helps along their agenda. Way to go dumbshit...

>surprisingly thought-provoking story

Lol my cousin lives on Hempstead turnpike. It's ghetto as fucking hell where you live. You remember where boulder Creek restaurant was years ago? He lived right down that street.

being able to talk shit is a life skill, its better than being able to sit in silence.

How little popcorn must they sell to keep it around for a week? I used to work at a theatre and we had trouble making the popcorn fast enough. Also the seeds and oil used were so fucking cheap we just threw out whatever little popcorn was left at the end of the day. The bags we sold it in were probably 90% of the materials cost of making the popcorn.

>be lion
>get CAT scan

Fantastic news

Sure, it's all interrelated

I pretty much only go to see disney-marvel capeshit. I like me some quipvengers superheroics. It's fun and fluffy, sue me. Don't particularly care for whatever marvel reboot sony is putting out day to day though.

Don't cry Hollyjew, you can't all win all of the time.

Video Games have better stories than even old movies.

Also, movies today really are shit. Almost every single one is a cashgrab with no story or a remake/reboot. The only reason people see them is so they have something to do with a friend/date.

The only movie i've seen in the past 5 years that actually had a good story was Interstellar.

Most millenials aren't dating and don't have a reason to go.

Those that are dating are probably fucking niggers who can't afford the theater.

yes

>50 shades darker
>inb4 BBC shoehorned in

Maybe if they stop makin shit movies then they might boom

everyone already loves that movie hell comes to frog town needs more love

Kinda scary to think how retarded people actually are. These are the people that are going to voting in November, at least some of them.

What is the point indeed. Next time some burger flipper complains that the minimum raise should be raised just remind them that it will just raise the cost of everything else.

Pushing too many niggers. Niggers FUCKING SUCK AS PEOPLE. DONT PRETEND THEYRE HUMAN.

>go to theater
>get shot

desu make it have boxes like an opera house and then it might become more popular

Hempstead tpk is ghetto itself yeah, I live a block off of it. The town itself is not ghetto. But you'd think it was driving through it lol

Kek. What a disgraceful cuck.

I love female protagonist and all the propaganda movie that is shitting out from Hollywood. It tells me how corrupted they are. It teaches and help me gauge on how I should act.

>Video Games have better stories than even old movies.
being this delusional

>Hollywood has always been dominated by Jews

Nah, that didn't happen until the 60s' or 70s'

It used to be all Italians

I'm like 6 blocks west from where Boulder Creek was btw haha

No, I'm definitely NOT being sarcastic.
Ov vey

>What great insight from someone who has no clue how the auto industry works.

I think I know better how the auto industry works considering the fact that my country actually has an auto industry and was the birthplace of the auto industry (Yes I know the krauts made the first car, I'm talking about assembly line mass production by based Ford).

>The only thing Americans do is assemble.

We mostly assemble. We still make some parts here but you are right, most parts are made in Slantyeyeland. Congrats, you told me something I've known for years.

>As for those Chink cars. Majority of the parts are made here and shipped overseas for assembly.

Because they don't trust syrup-drinking faggots and poo-in-loos to assemble their vehicles. Basically, Canada is to Japan as China is to us. Making all the stupid little shit while we do the real work because we do it right. Kill yourself Justin.

They Live isnt even in the top 5 john carpenter films. Its good but not a defining film of its time

I think it's a TD Bank now where he lives. Sent on Blvd is where he lives. You close to that?

Priacy is a symptom of a big problem.

Hollywood is too damn big for its own good and needs a lot of the fat cut off.

You don't need "200+ million budgets" to make a quality movie.

The industry needs a serious overhaul if it wants to survive or it will end-up going bust like Big Auto for the USA in the 1980s.

If Hollywood doesn't change course it will become Detroit 2.0

I drive a fairly new (2014 or 2015) Honda Civic and it is honestly a nice car. Good fuel economy, comfortable to drive, fast enough for me, and it has Bluetooth so I can listen to decent music while I drive instead of the crappy local stations (my phone's headphone jack is broken so aux isn't good enough)

I agree, I love films of that era the most as well

>dont go to movies alone
>dont like "cringe humor"
>dont like american forced humor

Pretty much covers why i dont movie anymore

>not knowing the year of your own car

That pic is fake, right?

awww poor baby. What are you? a chicken dick or something? haha!

i genuinelly choked a bit when i saw that image.

A FUCKING CARLOS

Yeah Semton Blvd. I'm 6-8 blocks west, a 10 min walk

That sounds.. awful.

Cred Forumscksucker here, and this really. I only go to the movie if it's a movie that I want to give money to.
The only movie I saw this summer was Kubo and the Two Strings. Okay story but the stop-motion was incredible
>niggers are funding Laika with every pair of Air Jordans they buy
Oddly Europe and Asia keep chugging out good 2D shit that's mostly jew-free, but we never get in the US.
Looking forward to The Red Turtle though

TV is great now

Kek. Alternative version ...

hollywoodreporter.com/news/sausage-party-animators-pay-dispute-922259

(((they))) wanted the cheapest animation they could find.

America doesnt actually aseemble much now.

Ford are moving their auto plants to mexico meaning the largest american auto manufacturer is now toyota.

Here in Canada a regular ticket it $15. Then most movies are now 3d. Add 3 bucks $18 each. But wait there's more. Blockbuster movies are now shown in ultra AVX so add another 3 dollars for that $21 each. Would you like your two 6 dollar drinks and 8 dollar popcorn? How about we add a small candy and make it a combo? $22 dollars. A movie date here is now at least $50 to see shitty movies. Wonder why I haven't been to the theatre all year?

I fucking love Terminator. OST is also great

Ok I'll give you a ring next time I'm in the area we will hang out.

If they were made to target people like me I wouldn't have to check Cred Forums though.

>this is what anime FAGS actually believe

This is how it was actually done

Most of the people who actually watch new movies are niggers who are obsessed with Spiderman, old people who already like Trump taking advantage of the senior discount and acne-ridden teenagers who can't vote looking for an excuse to get a blow job in the back row of the theater by the cute redhead they've been talking to in chemistry class.

I honestly can't think of any other reason to go to a theater nowadays other than using it as a generic date idea while hoping she'll be horny afterwards.

>John Wick
Mah nigga

WTF is this shit?

imdb.com/title/tt4357198/

>pay $20 per person for tickets/snacks
>torrent movie for free and pay like $3 per person for snacks

>we wuz mafia n' shiet

it's worse, it is "wez beats the rayssit mafia n' shit"

We are living in accelerated idiocracy.

Did that Holocaust denying movie come out? I'd love to see its numbers and what awards it wins.

>new IPs
What sucks is that basically every remake that comes out that could be a new IP is instead shoved into an "adaptation" since it's theorized that the fanbase will put more guaranteed butts in seats

really though I want mass media to die already.
Let movie theaters be privately run and show public domain movies and shit on the big screen

Do you talk back to the radio in your car?

>Star Wars

Plz no

I heard about Ford. Hopefully the God-Emperor gets in and changes that. We still got some cars made here though. And they're manly vehicles, not faggy teenage girl cars like a god-damned Honda fucking piece of chink-nip-Jap-sushi-slanty-eyed-zipperhead-gook-shit Civic.

When they start making something like Apocalypse Now again... then I'll start going to movies.

I liked Interstellar and the Martian, but otherwise 99% of movies released are shit. And also fuck going to the movies.

Im not even sure if the movie medium is a death sentence in itself. I think movies are just mostly crap. I saw Don't Breathe really recently and really liked it (I don't watch many horror films so I didn't find it derivative). I looked for other movies at the cinema and there is one other good film out of about 7 and one meh looking one.

Also I think tv writer driven formats with long plots that take many hours are maybe the death sentence. So many films don't really bother to tell a plot. Jason Bourne, High Rise, hail caesar, everybody wants some are films off the top of my head that gave up on plot (I liked the latter two though)

That's right, I forgot Henry Ford wrote the International Jew

>Two whole movie series with not even one black or openly gay character between them.
>Not Even One. Have you ever even tried to imagine how hard it was for Hollywood not to insert some gay joke awkward moment into LOTR?
>HP movies even notably omit Hermione's SJW bullshit from the books.
>HP movies omit the subtle evidence from the last book that Dumbledore was a closeted gay.
>HP books themselves were pretty fucking redpilled.

Just because it's new doesn't automatically make it cucked.

Unless you're thinking of the Hobbit movies which were a total shit sandwich CGI clusterfuck Hollywood circlejerk to the very core.

The Martian was a goddamn fantastic movie.

I learned this from anti-Semitic Elmo.

>WE CANT AFFORD PROPER WRIGHTERS
I think they can afford them but consider audience too retarded for it to be important.

yes.

This. Movies ain't what they used to be.

Is this the dumbing down they were on about?

>Hollywood is dying
>MSM is dying
>Malls are going vacant
Those were going to happen and everyone knew it would happen, all those industries became stale after the late 80's and have been falling ever since

>Twitter stocks tumbling
Bound to happen, can't run any 'social media' website without it either crashing, being controlled by shills, or it becoming irrelevant

>Gawker gets hulk-smashed
There was absolutely no way they would've won the suit, especially after Hulk lost his job for the comments

>Jeb! will commit suicide in your lifetime
Please Clap...

no

>Liberals are scared of a cartoon frog from a Macedonian basket weaving website
Because they can't control memes, as well as the younger generations

>The great race war is coming
More like the middle east vs the world

>KeK (praise be) has arisen after centuries of being dormant in another plane of existence
KeK will stay in his slumber, this year is just him proving his power. Read Cthulhu for better understanding

>mfw Im still waiting for this to finish counting down

>anime waifu night

hearty chuckle was had

>no

What makes you think that isn't the case? Boomers and Gen Xers are shit but they are dying off as well but I think millennials with change that and those who come after us will.

have a cookie

No doubt

Shit movies
Coward studios that have to cast white handsome males or white skeleton females in every important role
15 dollars popcorn
10 dollars soda
AMC gold member lines bullshit
Shrill grating adds for an hour before each movie
Classless disaster movies about 9/11 and deepwater horizon
Action hero genre is dead
No original content, only remakes
Horror genre is dead less soulless guro chan alternative
Sex scenes with skeletal women with no ass
SHITTY MOVIES

Is everything a sequel, reboot, or adaptation now?