CATHOLIC PARISH HOSTS PRO LGBT EVENT

>NEW YORK, September 23, 2016 (LifeSiteNews)—A Catholic parish is promoting a pro-homosexual “Pilgrimage of Mercy” and not planning on denying its participants Holy Communion when they attend Mass as part of the pro-LGBT event in October. The parish is also hosting a speaker from the nation’s leading homosexual lobby group, the Human Rights Campaign, today. The Archdiocese of New York declined to comment on both events.

Reminder to go Orthodox
>On September 22, the parish sent out a mass email advertising the LGBT event.

>“Join us on Sunday, October 2 for a pilgrimage to celebrate and recognize LGBT faithful Catholics in the United States during this Extraordinary Jubilee Year of Mercy,” the announcement to the parish email list said. “The pilgrimage begins on the Upper East Side at 69th St and 5th Ave, proceeds through Central Park, and ends at St. Paul's in time for the 12:30PM mass. This event is organized by the Gay and Lesbian Alumni of the University of Notre Dame and St. Mary's College.”

lifesitenews.com/news/notre-dame-alumni-organize-pro-gay-pilgrimage-of-mercy

Other urls found in this thread:

stmarys-waco.org/documents/Grounds for Marriage Annulment in the Catholic Church.pdf
ewtn.com/expert/answers/marital_consent.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All Chrisfags are the same, you can't escape it. you have to go pagan and leave Jewish international anti-racial trash behind.

Pagans are awful, they are swamped with feminism, LGBT, promiscuity, and "inner goddess" crap

Not sure what that has to do with the Church, since the Russian Church and the rest of the Orthodox in Eastern Europe are extremely and actively against abortion.

Paganism is folk-based, and folk-based as in nationalist "volk", but as in local customs and superstitions. It's absolutely incompatible with nationalism, let alone as a racial religion.

I don't get why this bothers people. You do know of the origin of catholicism right? Doing this is 100% in line with the original intent and creation of catholicism. What's the problem?

Catholicism originated with the Donation of Constantine, what's this got to do with that?

wtf, bring Ratzinger back

>Reminder to go Orthodox

This desu

How do I know orthodoxy won't get cucked eventually?

FUCKING DISGUSTING

I WANT OFF THIS RIDE

ORTHODOXY NAOW

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i've met lots of pagans, i liked them as people, but the more you find out about them the more horrified you will become.

I remember when furries had just started to become a thing. all of the pagans in this group immediately got into it. they were already going to the state parks a few times a year for orgies.

they were degenerates like i've never seen.

The Warhammer memes are real. Literally heresy. In the god-emperor's name, let none survive.

Paganism isn't real. There is no record about what real pagans believed. Current year pagans are degenerate godless hippies.

Because Christ sent the Spirit of Truth to guide the Orthodox Church, and promised the gates of hell would not prevail over her.

Life is surreal

Really? Norsism seems pretty masculine-based to me.

Maybe in Icelandic Sagas. Not how it's generally practiced by neopagans, though.

We don't believe in the development of dogma and haven't had a great ecumenical council since the 8th century.

>cucktholics
lmaoing @ your lives rn

There's (((pagans))), and actual Odinists like Varg Vikernes (although a LARPer)

Remember God loves poofters too.

Francis the grinning goofball will probably kiss their feet and give them a rim job

Its the compassionate thing to do

>go Orthodox

Your understanding of the problem is called

Everything was caused by Vatican II

Once you overturn Vatican II Catholicism can go back to normal

The only people fighting back are the traditional Latin Catholics

Find a Latin Mass

Hold the line good times are coming

catholicucks LMAO

antipope

need a christian reformation now

warrior christianity.

jesus died because all the plebs around him were weak and didn't fuck up the guards and behead the kikes.

>Once you overturn Vatican II Catholicism can go back to normal

The term ‘Roman Catholic’ refers to the heresy formed around the person of the Pope of Rome (who broke away from the Orthodox Church in 1054 A.D.), which strives to subject the world to the incontrovertible doctrinal and decretal authority of this man, declared to be the “substitute [vicari] of the Son of God”, “Christ on earth”, etc. This is the fundamental and only truly unchanging doctrinal aspect of this sect and its essence; all other characteristics may be changed or ‘developed’ in new directions, of which history already records many examples.

In addition to the dogma of the Pope, the Roman Catholic heresy currently holds the heresies of the Dual Causation of the Holy Spirit, God as a Tripartite Energy (with Created Grace being a further heretical consequence), Purgatory and the Papal Treasury of Merits, Development of Dogma, the Divine Inspiration and Salvific Nature of all Religions (a heresy stemming from the 20th-century Freemasonic takeover of the Vatican), the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary, the Sacramentalogy of Opere Operato, etc., as well as the canonical violations of claiming jurisdiction for the Pope in all dioceses, adding to the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed, Rejection of Married Priests, Mutation or Mutilation of the Mysteries of Holy Baptism, Chrismation, Confession, and Lord’s Divine Liturgy and Eucharist (unleavened wafers, removal of the invocation of the Holy Spirit, etc.), and the papal decrees ordering or sanctioning the robbery, torture, murder, enslavement, and other forms of inhuman maltreatment of insubordinate or non-Roman Catholic persons.

Vatican II was supported by the Pope and an overwhelming majority of RCC bishops

Divide and conquer thread.

If you are Orthodox and live in the likeness of God you wouldn't mock our Roman Catholic brothers.

The Orthodox Church doesn't meet Cred Forums standards either.

But forget those political schisms. Forget gays and immigration.

How often do you go to church?

I wasn't even able to get myself to go to church today because I lack faith. How could I ever judge someone else's sins?

Do you go to church more than twice a week?

Do you pray and read Scripture as much as you could?

This is what's important. This is what I hope to have the faith to do.

If you have faith, you wouldn't worry so much about such trivial things. What is life here and now compared to eternal life in God?

Anyway, I respect all who are pursuing Christ in good faith, even though I would urge them to join the Orthodox Church.

I'll pray for you all and I hope you will all pray for me.

I go to Church at least once a week, my parish doesn't tend to have more than one service a week except for Feast Days. I go more than once a week where work permits.

I pray and read the Scriptures, but not as much as I could.

Why would you not attend Liturgy because of struggles with faith? Liturgy is helpful here.

This

We need clarity now more than ever brothers. Don't get mindlessly swept up in the staged divisions. Don't jump from sinking ships.

do you even know what an antipope is? baka an antipope is what we need right now.

Baby boomer priests can't die fast enough, the young priests are super traditional

>not planning on denying its participants Holy Communion when they attend Mass

they're literally feeding them their damnation. i don't understand how this is merciful unless they believe jesus encouraged fags and adulterers, which he obviously didn't.

>Be Odin
>Be the ultimate alpha
>Even though divine somehow run out of semen
>Only way to regain semen is to jerk off corpses of dead warriors
Totally masculine, user

>Why would you not attend Liturgy because of struggles with faith? Liturgy is helpful here.

I met my girlfriend during that time. She's still anti-religion. I'm trying to balance bringing myself into the Church and trying to find a way to bring her with me.

So I'm trying to attend services when I can and read Scripture and theology on my own time.

It seems that many Catholics would like to see their church go the way of the Episcopalian church, which I grew up in. I think it'd derived from the Western notion of sin--- that's it's something one is guilty of and be punished for. So a lot of people think "Well, I wouldn't want to punish them for that, so surely God wouldn't either. So I guess it's ok."

The reality is that homosexuality is sin. It's a sin no different from any other. It's that which goes against the Way of God. It doesn't mean gays are guilty in the court of God. It means they're not following the Way of God. Their desires, derived from their altered brain chemistry, are the result of the first sin that separated us from God. Their acting on those desires are a result of their personal sin. Both can be repented.

FUCK

REAL POPE WHEN

*met my girlfriend when I was an atheist

Just go on your own at least once.

Nevermore, the Cardinals are terrible.

I've never been one to pay much attention to people always spouting off that we're in the end times, but the ones these days who construct thorough arguments that this is in fact the last pope are getting spoopily believable.

Blame the cardinals
>In April 2012, the election of a young gay man who was living in a registered same-sex partnership to a pastoral council in Vienna was vetoed by the parish priest. After meeting with the couple, Schönborn reinstated him. He later advised in a homily that priests must apply a pastoral approach that is "neither rigorist nor lax" in counselling Catholics who "don't live according to [God's] master plan".[38]

>Schönborn is a member of the Elijah Interfaith Institute Board of World Religious Leaders.[31]

>Elijah Interfaith Institute is a nonprofit, international, interfaith organization which was founded by Rabbi Alon Goshen-Gottstein in 1997.

>In 2014, addressing a question raised on the family, he argued that church doctrine can change over time, and "doesn't depend on the spirit of time but can develop over time." "Saying that the doctrine will never change is a restrictive view of things," Marx later clarified at a Vatican press conference. "The core of the Catholic Church remains the Gospel, but have we discovered everything? This is what I doubt."[12]

>We have to respect the decisions of people. We have to respect also, as I said in the first synod on the family — some were shocked, but I think it’s normal — you cannot say that a relationship between a man and a man, and they are faithful, [that] that is nothing, that has no worth,

>He said it was up to the state “to make regulations for homosexuals so they have equal rights or nearly equal . . . but marriage is another point,” adding that the state “has to regulate these partnerships and to bring them into a just position, and we as church cannot be against it

>The history of homosexuals in our societies is very bad because we’ve done a lot to marginalize [them],” he said, adding that as a Church and as a society “we’ve also to say ‘sorry, sorry.’

Yikes. Yeah, if the cardinals are generally crap anyway these days then that kind of puts a damper on future expectations.

Oh well. Guess whatever happens with the Vatican isn't really much in my hands anyway.

Pope Francis needs to drop dead already

At least he didn't kiss the Quran like John Paul

Francis will never be half the Pope John Paul II ever was

>Reminder to go Orthodox
No, reminder to go muslim.
Everyone here is becoming a muslim because of how much of a shame the christian church is.

Kissing the Quran, dude? John Paul did that

People find the Christians shameful precisely for tolerating and even advocating Islam

I'll get my execution video taped and posted on the internet before I submit to Islam.

I see Dolan had declined to comment. He's usually very verbose; he talks about everything under the sun on his radio programme but keeps his lips firmly shut on matters of controversy, evidently.

This is scandal, plain and simple. Fr. Martinez has already received his reward, and when he stands before his Lord and his crime is laid bare, he will be rebuked for having led souls to mortal sin, and to hell. But this is very much in keeping with the Church of Francis and its false mercy, and no Catholic who falls into such traps and snares has the least excuse, having long been warned of the Passion of the Mystical Body of Christ.

Catholics - do not abandon the faith nor fall into the evil of schism. Steel yourselves, clutching to Christ and to the Holy Mother for dear life and your very soul. Look to the Magisterium for guidence, and pray diligently for the souls who are being led astray by our fallen ecclesiastics. The Church is now the boat in the tempest, and if you lose heart you will be admonished by our Lord much as the Apostles were. Do not scatter to the wind.

So much for the See of Rome being the Rock

Christianity stands in the way of the Satanic World Order. We are the rock.

No, it remains the Chair of Peter as it ever was and ever shall be. Indeed, Christ's assurance that the gates of hell will not prevail against it implicitly conveys that attempts will be made, even inroads, but that it will ultimately fail.

Nor have the saints remained silent on the matter. Read the prophecies of Bl. Anne Emmerich, who saw clearly all that would befall God's people. Look to Fatima, where the Blessed Virgin warned the three little ones of the great betrayal of the laity by the clergy. Look to the words of Paul VI, who knew what he had allowed to happen in his weakness.

And look also to yourself with that uncharitable attitude. It is a grave thing to mock others in their sufferings, especially when those others are the faithful of Christ.

Thanks Francis

SOMEONE KILL THIS FUCKING POPE

KILL HIM NOW

KILL HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM FUCK

this

Fuck Christianity.

Hating and mocking heresy is quite Orthodox and always has been.

It quite rich that an Orthodox, whose Church embraces divorce and remarriage in direct and unmistakable contravention of dogmatic teaching directly from Christ, has the audacity to charge anyone else with heresy.

>And why seest thou the mote that is in thy brother' s eye; and seest not the beam that is in thy own eye?
>Or how sayest thou to thy brother: Let me cast the mote out of thy eye; and behold a beam is in thy own eye?
>Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam in thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother' s eye.
Mt. 7:3-5

AFA isn't bad. They pissed off the faggot hippies because they don't let LGBT or non-whites join.

This is all a scam. They're deliberately pushing for LGBTQIAP rights so that paedophilia will be eventually accepted, and from there the paedo priest thing will be 'progressive' and 'tolerant'... thus the pews will be filled up again.

Valid grounds for annulment of marriage in the Catholic Church include, but are not limited to:
*you married for social status but the person did not have the status you expected
*you didn't know marriage was a "permanent relationship"
*you married intending to have the option of divorce open
*you did not know marriage was an "exclusive relationship"
stmarys-waco.org/documents/Grounds for Marriage Annulment in the Catholic Church.pdf
ewtn.com/expert/answers/marital_consent.htm

But adultery isn't one of them. Neither is abondoment. So if your wife gets knocked up by another guy, you are obligated to stay with her. Or if you are a mother of three and your husband leaves, you are obligated to raise them as a single mother. But all these stupid reasons are allowed

Your Pope recently said most Catholic marriages aren't even valid (and I guess that means they're living in fornication), because they don't 'understand' the commitment. Catholics can never be sure if they're actually married until they try to get an annulment, they might very well be living in fornication.

It's actually worse than that user. It's all about transhumanism in order to become god and reinvent reality itself.

That sounds quite entirely insane to most people at first, but if you put in the time to look into it, all of a sudden you begin to understand that maybe even the big thinkers in that arena really grasp what they're a part of, but that this is where the convergence is from just about every dimension of life as we know it.

>Catholic Church acting very Christ-like recently, between the new pope and its general policy shifts
>Gets shit on by other Christians
Do you Christcucks not read history or your own teachings?

I have doubts that they've put that much thought into it. It may be one of the deep, unconscious motivations of certain clerics, but I think it's much more straight forward: people like Fr. Martinez are acting in accordance with the variety of mercy - that is to say false mercy - which has been promoted during Francis' pontificate and which finds neither founding nor precedence in the teachings of Jesus Christ. This false mercy exhorts the faithful Catholic to embrace the sinner when he has not repented of his sin, nor amended his life, nor been reconciled with God. It's an ongoing theme of the current pontificate, perhaps its defining characteristic, and now Francis has left himself rather vulnerable in light of Amoris Laetitia and his recent letter to the Argentine bishops. It will be interesting to see how this develops in the coming months. I suspect a number of bishops and cardinals who were thought as heroes by the traditionalist faction will be outed as cowards.

>does not fulfill the responsibilities of marriage
This, by the way, means if your wife refuses to have sex.

they've been hosting these in private for 9 year olds for millennia

Truly, the last "pope".

Well, there might be a schism in the future - at least in Russia, with the old faith. Not at all certain, though, as I only know the limited stuff that I read (past multiple filters).

The trouble with your equation of annulment to divorce and remarriage, which is invariably the Orthodox response to the charge I have made, is that annulment finds Scriptural precedent in Mt. 5:32, in which it is affirmed that if a marriage is to be found unlawful in accordance with Mosaic Law - specifically, regarding forbidden degrees of consanguinity - then an annulment is not only acceptable but necessary.

Thus, there is nothing troubling about the practice of annulment in and of itself. What is troubling is the abuses of annulment which can and do occur, and these are not unlike any of the other abuses which exist in the Church and have since her foundation; they need to be confronted and dealt with.

However, the general embrace of the Orthodox Church on divorce and remarriage is, flatly, indefensible and plainly heretical.

>Your Pope recently said most Catholic marriages aren't even valid
Indeed, not unlike the innumerable idiotic remarks he has made since the beginning of his pontificate. Something which was subsequently edited out of transcripts for that interview for being obviously erroneous.

(You)
So, to sum it up, the Orthodox Church only permits divorce under the following grounds

>adultery or good reason to suspect adultery
Christ overly made an exception for this

>abandonment or something else that causes massive hardship for families, children included

and finally
>your spouse refuses to have sex
Marriage is, according to Paul, precisely for people who can't go through life without sex, so that's a very serious issue

The RCC would not allow marriage to be dissolved for any of these reasons, but the ridiculous reasons they would allow it for would not be allowed in the Orthodox Church--your husband didn't have the social status you expected? Tough luck (note in the RCC it doesn't matter if the wife was deceived, it just has to do with whether or not her expectations were satisfied).

Catholic annulment is divorce, it's not "annulment" by any reasonable grounds. Not secular court of law would grant annulment on those grounds.

Annulment is for something like if you marry a guy who turns out to be a woman in disguise.

Leviticus 20:13

>However, the general embrace of the Orthodox Church on divorce and remarriage
What the hell are you talking about, divorce and remarried requires you to do serious penance, and second marriages have a penitent ceremony instead of a festive one.

It's not, and much has been written about this.

In any case, it's bed time for me. Pax vobis. I pray that, as you mature, you learn to shun the malice and mockery which you have so proudly put on display ITT.

>Levis strauss 5:01

Meh. My Catholic high school had a buncha outreach things for gay kids in the late 90s and eadly 2000s. Though there was some resistance. I also had a devout Catholic teacher whose brother was a priest and she was a (closeted) lesbian.

It is, you're just playing semantics on the level of the Pharisees. "Annulment" is just used as a loophole to get a divorce--no secular court is granting annulments in these cases, only divorces.

heresy

2017 will be the 100 year anniversary of the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima.

ITS HAPPENING

Man, I'm not even trying to be a fedora, but why not just give up on Christianity? I know none of you are REALLY religious, you just think that you ought to be. I've tried very hard to believe, and ultimately, I just couldn't do it, and I'm fairly sure neither can most of you. This doesn't necessitate some radical break from Western or Christian culture, but putting this much effort into a mere show.

It's easier that way, instead of going all "what would Jesus do", make your own judgements. Christianity, when taken to its logical extreme, is cancerous. You all laugh at people like Justin Trudeau, and yet attempt to follow a man who says "love your enemies" as the pinnacle of morality. It's insane.

So glad I left this cuck church, acting like pulling out or using a condom is murder. I'm glad I left this church which proclaims those died without having been administered sacraments ambiguous in terms of salvation. I'm glad I left the church that was founded by martyrs, and later burned heretics at the stake. Fuck this church and it's sodomite pope.

OP here
I would sooner die than deny Christ.

I'll entertain that you are indeed authentically religious; what the hell are you doing here? Outside of the Christian general threads (which can be pretty good), there is nothing but temptation on this board. There is smut, swearing, backbiting, racism, anti-christian stuff and all sorts of other sinful things going on here. While Jesus may have kept the company of prostitutes and tax collectors, I find it difficult to believe that a Christian would consistently post on this site.

This site is probably the most fertile place on the internet for bringing people to Christ.

I cant stand googles and skypes, I cant stand micro-aggressions and SJW's but if a man wants to stick his dick in another mans asshole, I honestly could not give the slightest of fucks as long as I have nothing to do with it. who cares if faggots want to fag?

If im lucky they'll move into my neighbourhood, gentrify the place and raise property prices

>Reminder to go Orthodox

I don't want to go to hell, so I think i'll remain a catholic.

you are ok guy

Orthodox are bros and they are definitely not going to hell.
They will take back Constantinople after great kebab purge, and everything will be fine again.
We only have to stay alive.

I dunno man, orthodoxy has a lot of spooky slav crap infused with it.

they spread their degenerate lifestyles

there is nothing spooky about it, I assure you. In my city, You are either Catholic, Orthodox, or do not practice religion at all. Sure, they are some smaller sects, like Adventists of 7th day, whatever kind of shit that is, but everybody mock them.
Life is glorious in eastern Poland, my total niggers seen is 3

This pope is a cultural marxist plant, they are making a joke out of their already cucked religion, and chasing away more people then they gain with accepting shitskins and faggots. Catholic church will end in a massive fagfest, about the time the first transnigger muslim pope will have a gay orgy with the priests dressed up as furries sharing altar boys, people will decide to just wipe these people out, along with the kikes who were doing the same shit since forever. People should have realised that there is something wrong here, when preachers started to say to turn the other cheek, and obey your masters.

JUST my religion fama