What did Brexit even do?

How exactly did Brexit give uk the control of immigration? What reform couldn't they make under the eu? And what eu laws stopped it?

Other urls found in this thread:

eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2004:158:0077:0123:en:PDF
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36467725
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing since we haven't actually left yet.

I'm talking about when you guys leave

It allows them to have their own immigration policy, thus controlled borders.

It stops Dutch or German fisherman fishing in British waters legally, thus allowing Britain to use its own resources.

They are freed from the increasing federalisation of the EU, any reforms that could possibly be made would of been shot down by other members.

It din du nuffin.

Shieet we waz kangz.

Shieet we once had empirez and shiet.

Shieet our bank iz broke nigga.

Where can I find a source on the legislation behind that? I used to agree with Brexit until I saw some posts saying that there's nothing the eu does to stop tighter immigration policies for Britain, and without immigration policies I see no reason to support Brexit (besides the fishing of course)

>See no reason to support Brexit
I don't have the exact legislation, but the EU is a beurocratic mess, I believe they even made legislation that those with "harmful opinions" can literally get sent to a reeducation camp, not only that but EU courts are the highest court in the land, said court is unaccountable to the British people.

Perhaps getting a Britbong willing to discuss this would do a lot better then me.

Oh and it allows Britain to pursue its own trade deals, rather then have the profits of one deal intended to to to Britain go to Poland instead.

Also look how unaccountable EU beurocracts are, they have luxurious offices, a shit load of expensive dining areas, shops ect reserved for them and all at the expense of the taxpayer.

Ask yourself this, why does a trading block have its own flag, national anthem, parliament, plans for an army, issue its own taxes, have its own courts?

That comes at the price of bargaining power though.
Not sure if it's actually worth it.

It made the globalists shit themselves.

Democratic accountability.
I'd be worried if the EU was like NAFTA also known as "USA fucks you over".
It also stands for the long term commitment, which is a good thing.

Look at Britain now, already it's got a bunch of nations looking to make trade deals with them once they leave.

Such as my Nation for example, we were the first to line up, and there are rumours of some Brit politicians wanting to put us at the top of their trade priority list.

How many MP's in the EU parliament did you vote for?

Doesn't trump also want to give the uk some tasty trade deals if he gets elected?

Currently one from my voting district.

>It allows them to have their own immigration policy, thus controlled borders.
we already have control of our borders though, we're not in schengen, we can turn anyone away

I believe so, having Nigel redpill the masses overseas should merit a reward.

Any person from an EU member state is able to live and work in any other EU member state as if they were a naturalized citizen. Naturally this meant that lots of people from poorer EU countries (ie: Eastern Europe) flocked to richer EU countries in Western Europe, and there's no way to control it or impose limits if migration is too high.

It's one of the core tenets of the EU.

>perhaps getting britbongs willing to discuss this would be better
Il let you take the spotlight

The EU by definition has freedom of movement within its borders. You can't control your immigration if every single person who is a citizen of any EU country can decide to move to Britain tomorrow. And since we all know how brown loving Sweden and Germany are, remaining in the EU is allowing them to set your immigration policy by proxy since anyone THEY let in then has the right to go fuck your shit up.

Not only that but MUDs could just get citizenship in the Germany then move to uk

You're confusing MEPs with the European Council. MEPs are democratically elected, however they wield very little actual power.

The EU doesn't stop us from controlling immigration from outside the EU, but membership requires free movement within the EU. That means we can say no to all non-EU migrants tomorrow if we wanted to, but we can never say no to a single EU migrant. With all the refugees in Europe, the possibility of Turkey joining, and the fact that a lot of Eastern Europeans move here to work and then send their wage back to Lithuania or Romania; we want to be able to control our border against European migration. Brexit means we will not be accountable to any European law, and we will have regained total control of our borders. We will still allow migration from Europe, but we will no longer have unrestricted access to our country for half a billion people to move to whenever they like.

Actually the legislation says that we only have to offer free movement to current EU citizens. Refugees don't count for 3 years (I think, may be different time frame) after they're given refugee status, so refugees who arrived in the past 18 months could still be turned away at the border.

Actually the only difference with regard to immigration / flow of people into UK is the exoneration of obligation to comply with EU regulations that govern the free movement of people with the EU.

UK has been fully in control of its immigration and border laws with regard to external borders for all this time. However one could say that this right has been faded a little because non-EU citizens who might have had difficulties with entering UK, can have some residual rights under the EU regulations. Then again, UK is not even part of Schengen-treaty, which has given UK more power with regard to immigration than countries party to the Schengen-treaty.

So yeah, UK has been pretty much in control of immigration all along with some exceptions towards mostly EU citizens.

The legal basis for intra-EU migration are articles 45 of TFEU, originally workers movement rights, which have been extended to non-workers as well, and clarified, e.g in the Directive 2004/38.

Its important to note that even though there is a concept of free movement, EU states have a right to regulate it as they see fit provided that they comply with some general principles.

Workers enjoy the highest right, then comes people with financial means (rich ppl), then comes job seekers, then comes tourists, then comes unemployed people who can easily become subject to deportation without any problems. All these rights are also extended to the given persons family members

These include the entry and exit rights of mostly EU citizens and in some cases TCNs. EU citizens have a right to stay in another member states territory for 3 months with the only requirement of holding a valid identity card. Residence from 3 months to 5 years basically requires another member states citizen to not become a burden or a threat to society, so if you have a job, money or are otherwise not a threat to the country, you have an enforcable right to stay at another EU country, like UK.

>so refugees who arrived in the past 18 months could still be turned away at the border.

Leafbro is right though. It's unlikely those refugees will be going home within the next 18 months, and while we're in the EU, they'll be free to come over here once they're given EU passports, whether we like it or not.

continuing..

All sorts of white papers submitted by the EU Commission or Council about immigrant relocation have no legal basis, thus no legal authority and subsequently a Member State is not obliged to comply with such measure.

Basically UK has gained very little in terms of border control.

One should remember that Economy and general sovereignty was a motive behind brexit, not immigration itself.

eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2004:158:0077:0123:en:PDF

Basically this is the only thing that UK will lose after brexit, everything else has been under their own control.

Given the job market in this country at the moment, being able to control the flow of labour is actually a reasonably good thing for us.

Loads of negotiations.

We Brits HATE the EU. In fact we hate every country and we don't give a fuck.
We couldn't give a shit what other countries think about us.
It isn't hatred - just disregard.
We have an island mentality. And we are the most arrogant people in Europe.
My superiority as an Englishman is unquestionable. So fuck off.

So if that's true then Brexit doesn't help immigration at all

Can't Britain still turn away whoever they want using visas and passports?

Not really. As the dutchposter pointed out, there's some protection in the legislation to stop people from coming to your country to leech off welfare, but aside from that, everyone in Europe has the right to live and work anywhere in Europe. If someone from an EU member state intends to come and work in this country, we cannot turn them away.

There are a lot of other driving factors behind Brexit (ie: political union that we never signed up for, inability to negotiate our own trade deals independently, horribly protectionist EU trade and industrial regulations, the severe democracy deficit within EU institutions, etc), but there is a lot of potential benefit for us in ending free movement.

>bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36467725
Britain has control of its immigration from outside the EU but currently has to let anyone from inside the EU live and work here. We can't even send convicted criminals back to their own countries.