Why you think math important schools to teach?

Why you think math important schools to teach?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=combinatorics
g.e-hentai.org/s/e4ea0736c5/979067-7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you mean "Why do you think math is important for schools to teach"?

Why you think English no taught in Japan?

Yes, Canada thank you very much.

>phd in pure math
>any job I want
>300k starting
We're in your midst and we're just plain better than you. You're welcome by the way.

I am not good at math :(

>not being taught math
>pays full tax rates

I agree, but you don't see the point. My idea is, for example, if school classes become anime, and book become manga, you think students become more interested in subjects, like math? It would help the economy. I think.

>TFW no pure waifu to teach me pure math

I want to fuck him.

>beito imasu

there's a difference between what you are teaching kids and how you present it to them. if you can make an anime that makes math fun, i'm all for it

Because otherwise people will watch a retarded chinese cartoon featuring some basic elementary mathematical concepts in it and think that the retarded author that put thos things in is a talented, inventive individual, instead of the a lowbrow mouthbreather he really is.

English you do not speak.

You either got it or you don't. Honestly idk mathfags are pretty useful but we'd probably do better with more doctors and engineers.

It's supposed to filter university-able people from university-unable ones. This is particularly important because modern education system is geared towards having 90% of the population being college-graduates which is simply idiotic. Even here in Poland, there's lots of work for qualified welder or mason but there's none for sociologist.

Math is beautiful. I despise anyone who doesn't see the beauty of mathematics.

The problem is children are taught math without context.
I don't mean "what is this used for" either, I mean that most people don't realize that mathematics is a form of philosophy and should be approached from that angle of understanding.

Instead of being taught that math is the foundation of the universe, people should understand that mathematics is just a way of thinking that sometimes seems to describe reality but doesn't always.

Can't fuck your ワイフ prior to someone materializing her using math

Sodachi a shit.

Trains the brain to see patterns, find solutions to given problems and objectivity.

>tfw love the beauty of mathematics but still suck at math
I love the YouTube channel Numberphile.

God might've made the universe, but we made math. It's our greatest achievment and every human should take part in it

That's such a complicated idea tho that sort of understanding of a topic doesn't come around until a student is more mature

>teach 'math' in schools
>it's just simple arithmetic, easy derivatives, barely integrals, a bit of probability and combinatorics
>kids think it's hard
>cry every time you have to grade
>kids hate math because they suck at it
>parents of kids think their kids are geniuses nonetheless, it has to be my fault
>get shit because kids are retarded
>these retards might someday be put in high-level positions because of connections
>cry some more before going to bed

I don't despise them, but not gonna lie, i do think they're worse

>implying engineers don't get math

Most take the required calculus, algebra and differential equations courses and that's it. Meanwhile the rest of us are zipping around cohomology classes n shit

it's been a long day

>My idea is, for example, if school classes become anime, and book become manga, you think students become more interested in subjects, like math?

Well, first of all I think you're a weaboo with either a Jap proxy or you're a soldier or an English pronunciation teacher trying to be cute from the way you type.

Could be wrong, doesn't matter, just felt like pointing that out.

More importantly, your idea is pretty irrelevant to the subject matter you're trying to teach. It's nothing but fluff that only children and weaboos would even feel any kind of excitement over. Whatever positive feelings they have towards studying the materials your ideas would provide would be monopolized by the anime/manga distractions, rather than actually understanding the lessons themselves, unless you are very fucking careful. Don't rely solely on "look the anime girls think this is cool!" to build up any kind of hype for learning. You'll be better off doing something like Shirobako, giving the viewers some insight into a career related to one of the given fields of study, focused on the experiences of a new hire and maybe some of their friends or relatives working towards getting where their senpai is. Including a kohai to focus on could give people a character they could identify more with, but more importantly they could be used as a tool to clear things up where most people have problems understanding things. Just don't go too heavy into this, or it'll feel like a bore and you'll lose your viewer's interest. It should be more of a stealth education thing supplementing regular classes, with emphasis placed more on what you can get from learning than just trying to cram entire lessons into a season, that way students find their own motivation and naturally make more of an effort.

>be shit teacher
>blame the kids
wew

You can't just teach math to a class of underprepared students. Lemme guess you're bad at math and never took responsibility for your own education

Because math = facts. Cold hard facts, which are something most liberals have a time dealing with or accepting.

Because us westerners gotta invent stuff for asians to copy

>Combinatorics
that's not a real word you retard

Because knowing mathematics is what separates humans from filthy hikki nip monkeys like faggot OP here.

Ougi is best.

>Combinatorics
>Not a real word

Well cuck my wife and call me Sven, it IS a real thing!

Anything beyond junior high algebra is worthless to anyone who's not going into engineering/physics/mathematics really. Up to algebra helps people out I think. Knowing and understanding variables is handy in a lot of ways, unlike limits and differential equations.

If someone likes math and wants to go past algebra, I'd encourage them to do so. Otherwise people ought to be able to leave off it - if they already dislike math by algebra they're not likely to magically acquire an interest later. And if they do, they can return to it themselves.

so we can know the secrets of the universe

Maths is the basis of all of our technology.

Maths built your house, makes your car go, allows you to browse this website.

If you want to do anything in any way technical, you will need at least basic maths.

>be shit pupil
>blame the teacher
parents demand kids to be pushed onto higher levels of education because of the stigma that kids won't succeed without a degree and schools require a certain graduation rate in order to not get shut down

>so smug
google.com/search?q=combinatorics
here, learn a new word

i want to headpat sodachi

>sci memes

A FUCKING NOTHING

function limits is the farthest I ever got in math and I'm a professional programmer

there's very little in math you actually need in IT

I SINCERELY consider Time Travel Shoujo as AotS.

And I'm so fucking thankful for that.
God damn I hate rote memorizing shit-shallow formulae.

that depends on what you're working on exactly, if you're building a recommender system from scratch (or even maintenance of) then you'll have to brush up your probability and statistics knowledge each and every time.

You still need at least the basics, and the more technical you get, the more you need.

When you are at the point of writing your own algorithms, you are not even getting off the starting line without it.

If you ever want to get into certain sciences and you don't start on it early you will have a really tough time catching up I'd imagine.

I'm gonna take a materials science class soon and if I hadn't taken math before, I probably wouldn't understand what is happening.

Is anime/manga actually popular in Japan? I always assumed it was for a niche audience, like in the west, but apparently not, if it warrants a series of children's educational books.

You're either Japanese or a big enough weeaboo to use a Japanese proxy, so I know you can answer this for me.

Not in network admininstration.
Fuck all programming.

Kek confirms

everyone engineer takes calculus, algebra, statistics and numerical analysis as a bare minimum, and most also take differential equations. if you don't have these you're not an engineer

>memorizing shit-shallow formulae.

Not mathematics

g.e-hentai.org/s/e4ea0736c5/979067-7
Law of supply and demand

Learning mathematics requires a person to memorize shit-shallow formulaue. Actually utilizing those formulae often requires actual critical thinking, but the fact that I have to fucking memorize shit bothers me to no end. I fucking hate rote learning so fucking much.

you need math to understand economics, accounting and other basic entreprenurial skills, so yeah

>Math was my worst subject
>Only felt comfortable in jobs where I don't talk to people that often
>tfw most of the careers for introverts are math focused

Anyone know IT jobs are math heavy?

I agree with this

>Learning mathematics requires a person to memorize shit-shallow formulaue

As someone who has been studying math, this is only true up to a point. Most people involved in math barely consider things prior to that point mathematics.