How do we fix democracy?

How do we fix democracy?

>Mandatory minimum voter turnout for election to count

>Loss of voting privilege if you choose not to vote

>Penalty for not voting

Just spitballing here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_pOgKEwO0gQ
swissinfo.ch/directdemocracy/schaffhausen_democratic--the-canton-where-voting-is-compulsory/38299724
m.gazette.com/dead-people-voting-in-colorado/article/1586300
youtu.be/xoQttIgNMmw
vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starshiptroopers/images/b/ba/FederationFlag.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081210214556
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>must have paid taxes within the last 3 years
>term limits for everyone including supreme court judges
>preferential voting to encourage schisms and discourage power consolidation over generations
>head of state must have military background

she's a coalburning slut

>Only married people are allowed to vote

If you don't pay taxes you shouldn't vote.

>penalty for not voting
>everyone turns up and votes for meme candidates

Should it be legal for one group of people to vote to take money away from someone else?

Peter Steele RIP

You can't fix democracy.

>People that have no interest in voting will basically just vote randomly so they don't get punished

Fucking terrible idea.

Make people pass a psychology exam to ensure they're not leftist before allowing them to vote. You know it's the only way.

>nobody who receives money from any government (payroll, welfare, contracts, etc) may vote while receiving money, and for five years after they stop
>nobody who has worked in government for the last ten years may work in media (TV/newsprint/etc)

would be a good start, from my perspective.

discouraging poor and google voters is the way forward

Only straight married couples that own property
One vote per such a family.

These have to be legal and morally neutral ideas. Banning niggers and women from voting isn't conceivable

More Meritocracy

Imagine if Trump said this during the Debate:
>I Donald J. Trump declare the Republican party a failure to the right and vow to push it to the center and claim the right in it's stead.
>Well dear progressive, of these 3 statements which is true? Our society is a Democracy? Our society is a Republic? Our society is a Meritocracy?
>The correct classifier is a Republic. So if we're going to pretend the ""center"" even exists; let's push the only party with the correct name to it.
>I, Donald J. Trump, would like to invite all Libertarians, Constitution Party members, as well as every Paleocon disgusted with the GOP and form this new Meritocratic Party. All Neocons, RINOs, cuckservatives, (heh as some of my more... colorful supporters are fond of saying), crypto-Democrats, "centrists" and moderates; stay in the Republican party, we don't want you.
>Understand that I am of the belief, scratch that, KNOWLEDGE that the center is essentially a giant middle ground fallacy.
>It is not so much the "Left" and the "Right" so much as it is the WRONG and the Right. You will call this partisan or biased; that's fine.
>I would also like you all know my pet name for the left: The Ideology of the path of Least Resistance and that I am also coining a new phrase: "Full Right". A term to oppose the lefty go-tos of "Far" and "Extreme Right" which we will undoubtedly be labeled. "Full Right" refers to the entire thing; that is to say, both lightly right and as right as one could possibly go, and everything in between.

>I'm not stupid; I know not to abandon the Republican Party (and therefore ruin my chances of being elected) so out of sheer respect I am letting you all know my intentions BEFORE I take office. If I am elected I will start nurturing the Meritocratic party and plan to run my second term under this banner. The party's animal with be the piranha. We are going to completely eviscerate the corrupt Progressive left and GOP. MAGA

youtube.com/watch?v=_pOgKEwO0gQ

Democracy is fundamentally broken, it assumes all the people know about what they are voting on

Autocracy is also flawed because it relies too much on a single person, if the leader is shit the whole system fails

the best form of government would be some form of Meritocratic Oligarchy

Democracy was a mistake, it can't be fixed.

Instate an American monarchy and call it good.

>discouraging
>Banning

Bring back the city-states.

How do you propose to discourage blacks from voting

> Poll tax

Only those engaged enough to spend money will vote

Only those that have a reliable belief that candidate a is better (more valuable to them) than candidate b have reason to vote.

Simultaneously increases the value of the vote (percent chance of affecting the outcome) and the quality of the voters (those informed about and potentially effected by policy vote)

I feel like he would he would go down in flames, but I am honestly 100% okay with this.

white land owners

Nah, keep it simple. Just married. Degenerates can't keep stable marriages anyway.

>How do we fix democracy?
>>Mandatory minimum voter turnout for election to count
>>Loss of voting privilege if you choose not to vote
>>Penalty for not voting

All of those assume that people who do not care enough to vote deciding to not vote is a bad thing. I disagree.

To fix Democracy, I would limit the franchise to those who have demonstrated some commitment to out the good of the body politic ahead of their own good. A term of public service with something on the line would be a good requirement, a la Admiral Heinlein, but I would be open to other ideas.

The quality of a democracy is not determined by the number of people who vote but by their quality. If we simply wanted to increase the number of people who vote, we would make it mandatory across the board and lower the minimum voting age, at which point we would have a lot of voter of very little quality.

>Banning niggers and women from voting isn't conceivable

Why not? It worked okay for decades.

That said I still believe democracy is flawed.

If anything we need to discourage voter participation, not increase it.

free fried chick on the other side of town?

Mandatory Military service from 18-21 all males and females.

I dont even want ware just give them shit to do like guard the border or inspect cargo or dig holes and fill them.

The military gets people thinking the right way from the beginning.

I think Serbia has this, and had to keep re-running elections.

I don't think they got better candidates for it, just government paralysis.

Not-voting is a perfectly valid option. People should not be penalised for this.

Nor should there be any sort of monetary requirement to vote. Universal suffrage is important.

Now I know that this means you can't vote far right nut jobs into power and I'm sorry about that. But that's not how democracy works, you'll just need to find candidates who will appeal to blacks and whites and men and women.

Petet was pretty based guy, made metal and doesn't afraid of anything.

+1. In most democracies there are more liberals than conservatives, but conservatives turn out to vote more.

Plus mandatory voting just means more low-information/apathetic voting.

Limit voting to those who contribute to the commons and the national polity.
You could start by remmoving the vote from less-than-3rd-generation immigrants, single women (and men), anyone less than 22.

>democracy
>fix
Democracy is mob rule where the majority oppresses the minority. It cannot be fixed.
If you think USA is a democracy, you're fucking wrong. It's a republic.

You do realize that if this was mandatory then all the shitty millennials would vote, right? This means no Brexit, no Trump and probably Bernie

You don't "fix" democracy, you either have a polity that is worthy of it or you don't.

Yeah you're probably right.

Finally, a post that makes sense.

>how do we force people who are evidently immune to propaganda to participate in the charade of "democracy"

Only registered Republicans and Libertarians are allowed to vote

>>Penalty for not voting
It doesn't work in Australia, so why would it work for you?

>far right nut jobs

You discourage blacks from voting by offering anyone a choice of either voting or taking an instant $250 gibs to turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Huge numbers of retards who do not understand the importance of their vote would take it and such people should not be voting anyway, the monetary cost of such a thing would be small in governmental spending term and it would have an immediate impact on the direction of policy.

No
all of these can and will be used for massive manipulation

>Universal suffrage is important.
Bullshit or you'd let non-citizens and minors vote.

Fuck you.

Wow you should be on the Supreme Court, user. That is smart.

everyone pays taxes retard, even the nigger who buys a pack of cigarettes is paying tax

>valid I.D. is required
>citizens only
>Citizen's United overturned: switch to a system of partial and fair government backed campaigns mixed with private individual donations which are capped (no citizen can donate more than let's say $5,000-$10,000 to any one campaign).
>tax break or credit for those who vote or who contribute to a political campaign

So military can't vote?

>get rid of it and just be a normal constitutional republic again

YOU
DONT

Someone did a study of ancient greek and roman culture and found out that democracy (or republic) only lasts until special interest groups figure out they can influence voters or existing politicians to give them favors from the public coffers.

More or less until you get Lobbyists. Then its over.

Keep money out of politics, or figure out a way to have truly unbiased reporting councils for public advertisement of candidates.

Get rid of parties don't let candidates air ads don't let candidates accept money

feel free to move to a non-democracy. there are far more of those in the world

Make voting unanonymous and responsible.

Vote for shitskin immigrants and refugees? Enjoy paying for them.

Just two words: direct democracy. Nuff said.

1). Make the candidates put their programs on their web sites according to the specified standards.
2). Make failure to adhere to those programs a crime for them.
3). Make citizens take tests on ALL major candidates' programs. Those who don't participate/pass don't get to vote.

Repeal the 19th amendment

>If you pay taxes you can vote
>Increased voting age to 21
>10 year limit on Supreme Court justices
>Heavy fines on deceptive mass media when evidence is there of intentionally provoking unrest in the populace.

Direct democracy is stupid because it is mob rule

non-citizens do vote in regional elections. so do 16+ year olds. next.

Hillary is doing pretty poorly with millennials, especially compared to past librul politicians and youth vote.

I agree though, it shouldn't be mandatory. And there should be some form of citizenship test, where you understand the history, the morality, basic civic structure, etc... Suppress the shit out of the stupid vote and suppress people who utilize any form of civic participation. There are people here, without a valid form of ID, that we can know if they're a citizen or not. But these cucks want to give them democratic power too. Its fucking unbelievable.

Also add

>term limits to every elected office
>Presidential terms are limited to 1 6-year term rather than capped at 2 4 year terms.

mob rule is better than elite rule

Everyone who is eligible to vote, but doesn't, gets an immediate cash payment of $1000 and a lottery ticket for a $100 million drawing, which is made one week before the next election (to keep it fresh in everyone's minds when they decide whether to vote).

The only people left voting would be people who are highly informed and passionate about the issues.

Only religious people can vote
only religious people can run

it's funny because right-wingers tend to do much better at user voting booths than at public polls

The same way you fix something that's flawed from its conception: get rid of it all and start with a new concept.

No. It means the opposition is not one bogus, corrupt party or another, it's the people.

There is no truth in politics, only answers to specific problems. It's better that these answers are given by those to whom they will impact, i.e. the people.

>That post
>Those digits

He's talking about income tax, mate.

>>Loss of voting privilege if you choose not to vote
>>Penalty for not voting
Do you know how many people still wouldn't care?

Given the recent positive results with referenda it in Europa, I'd say the solution is more direct democracy trough them. It's already always been a success in Switzerland. Which is filthy rich, clean, equal, happy and uncucked. It allows people to directly influence government and steer it in the right direction. So when you have some progressive idiots going into maximum multicultural mode, you have the people to stop them.

A Californian model should of course be avoided. And referenda should only be held according tot he following principles:

1. Items withing the constitution of a country
2. About existing laws, law proposals or government policies
3. Parliament has to by majority agree with the referendum, but it is legally binding

This way, like the ancient Greeks already concluded, you mix different systems of government with the referendum system. And you: 1. Safeguard against a privileged political elite that dominated elections and once every 4 years just tries to win an election. Followed by a period of not giving a fuck and just doing whatever they want without any popular concent. 2. Safeguard against too great popular interest in the state system about things that shouldn't even be voted about. You protect against going overkill on popular opinion, like in California. You only pick core and important issue's to hold refferendums about, like the whole migration from Syria. Membership of the EU. Specific laws or major government policy.

Another great increase in the democratic system would be to localism it. Give specific cultural or economic regions real political power that is overwatched by local citizens who know and care for the reason. Not some random dudes in a far away capital. This increase motivation of voters to vote, because it hits close to home. Government is less foreign to them because it close by.

Mother and father have to be born in said country

Turn it around. Military service is voluntary, but you can't vote unless you serve a term.

>same shitposter that talked about his spade tattoo yesterday

So? One has to do with social stigma the other with sociopolitical consequences of the vote casted.

no

Between them they form a sizable majority of the current electorate. It is not feasible that they will vote to disenfranchise themselves.

This should be the only stipulation. I don't care your age, race, sex, whatever, but you have to contribute money to the government to be able to decide what happens to the money it gets.

State law overrides federal law in all things except matters of the constitution.

If you take more money (including goverment work) than you contribute to the government, you should not be allowed to vote. There's too much conflict of interest plus you shouldn't have a say in the spending of other people's money.

Universal means universal, shitbag.

Where's my vote? And what about my 4 year old daughter, where's her vote? Fuck you.

I'm not really into azn but this image is amaze

Remove universal suffrage is the only way to fix it

And you need EXPLICITLY RIGHT WING values/laws/policies or else they will inevitably shift left wing over time.

>only land owners can vote.

>>>Loss of voting privilege if you choose not to
>>Penalty for not voting
nice way to keep niggers voting you retard

Specifically for American Democracy
>1 year term limit for all elected legislative officials.
>1 term maximum for all elected legislative officials.
>house of representatives changed to a state wide proportional representation. Each state has a number of representatives based on last census, and the top x votegetters are elected to the house of representatives.
>Federal judges elected by state legislatures in regions over which they preside.
>executive power reduced, constitutional amendment passed clarifying power of executive.
>electoral college abolished. Presidential election is now a popular election.

muh military

sounds like high potential for more government indoctrination

End universal suffrage- only landholders who do not take money from the government or who are not employees of the government can vote.

Too bad democracy is the best form of government we have available to us at the moment.

Increase voting age to 22 or 24.

Elections are expensive and it wouldn't be viable to have an election every year.

>I'm not really into azn
Google them and by the time you'll get through to #5, you will be into it.
>this image is amaze
I agree.

Outlaw lobbying and lobbyists

> ban campaigns
> PhD with mathematics and history required

You need a IQ of a least 120

you can't fix a shit system

College is just paying for indoctrination

No? What coal did she burn?

Military service is fucking retarded
90% of the people in the military are just essentially on welfare, the circlejerk over vets is a fucking joke too, some woman who never left the country can call herself a "veteren" ? Gimme a break.

Republic

So married for a certain amount of time 5yrs, straight still.

Yearly elections would be viable though. Make the filing a complete election form, including choices, or a check box signifying conscientious abstention a part of the tax return form that nearly everyone fills out.

>He doesn't know about the tyranny of the majority

If you force me to go vote, I'll vote to kill you

slowly
and all your family

fucking dumbass

That's just a meme. It really isn't.

Monarchy had been going on in France for a lot longer than we've had democracy and besides a better technology now, I think the ruling system was probably better with Napoleon.

Checking in from a country where voting is mandatory - it's a terrible idea. It means that the major task in winning an election is getting the votes of people who don't know, don't care, and don't want to be there.

Not voting is valid.

How to fix it:

1) Voter ID
2) Stop basing state delegates on census, use registered voters instead.

This idiot thinks the USA is a democracy.

Let's all point and laugh.

remove womens right to vote duh

this is how it worked for thousands of years and then all of a sudden 20th century they think they know whats best for women? retards

democracy isn't so much a form of government as it is the engine under the hood
the earliest kings or thanes were voted into power by the tribe's clan heads or households
as time went on, in order to retain power, the ruling clan or family would use the excuse of divine right, to deter future rebellions from any legitimacy

This, just means bus in the apathetic sheeple to win.

works for worst korea and switzerland

going back to the ancient Greek ain't a progress, it's a regress and in no time we will stand in the same point as we're standing today

I'll extend the last part to include the likes of individuals like Soros too.

My only real suggestion:
Make Voting a Holiday that Shuts Down everything but the most essential stuff

> Mandatory minimum voter turnout for election to count
Wait until the politicians turn the dial down from 70% of the population of an area to 1%.

How would they deal with cases where the person is too sick to vote and what not?

>Penalty for not voting
Tax Kickbacks would help.

How about sortition?

Democracy is trash. It's a bandwagon fallacy in politics and nothing more than the masses subjugating everyone else by virtue of their superior numbers.

Thankfully this isn't a Democracy, but it might as well be when the executive branch oversteps their authority since Lincoln.

By having an informed population and a highly transparent government for the people. Oh and a dash of socialism for good measure.

scrap it for right-wing fascist military rule

Found the Democuck

>>Penalty for not voting
That has worked in Schaffhausen in Switzerland for ages. They charge you 6 Swiss Franc or about 5 dollars for not voting. And even though that is a very low amount, it works with voter turnout being a lot higher than elsewhere.

swissinfo.ch/directdemocracy/schaffhausen_democratic--the-canton-where-voting-is-compulsory/38299724

>going back to the ancient Greek ain't a progress, it's a regress
regression would be feudalism going on borderline barbarism
republics tend to have short lifespans however
I'm surprised America hasn't transitioned into an actual Empire with an emperor
inb4 Trump is the god emperor

We upgrade it..
Direct Democracy 2.0 NOW !!!

> TIL sortition
this shit is sweet, choosing government by roll

Make it so land owning white men are allowed to vote. The second we let women vote was the beginning of the end lads.

Heavily urban areas that vote Dem due to giant hordes of gibsmedat googles get a separate set of laws and government and can't pull gibsmedat welfare money from the rest of America.

Federal service or bust.

>land owning

no thanks
how about just white men

the homeless white males will thank you later

Are you kidding me?!??! People who aren't citizens can vote?!?!? What the fuck?!?!? I've here weeks before any sort of election each citizen receives a special card from the document with his name on it and not the day of the elections he must go to a voting station with an official ID and vote with that card, otherwise you simply can't.

>Democracy is fundamentally broken, it assumes all the people know about what they are voting on
This, even if you make a law in which people who pass a test on politics are the only ones to vote, skypes will get on who makes these tests

Nope - part of the commitment to the country that you make in electing to join the military should be to pursue the will of the electorate, the "citizen rulers" that are supposed to be in charge (instead of the elite).

>Thinks the problem with democracy is that too few people vote...
You are horrible

Only net tax payers are allowed to vote

NOW !

>1 person gets 1 vote
>at the end all the votes are counted up and whoever gets the most votes wins

sound straightforward but you'd be surprised how many seemingly first-world countries get this one wrong

nobody is a "net" tax payer
ur social security money you get back and ur income tax money goes to services like the military which in theory protects you which you are benefiting from just as the person directly on welfare payments is benefiting

make voting a privilege that you have to get a license for
>must pass background check to ensure your not on government aid, and you pay income tax
>take a voter's ed course or pass a 50 question written test that you can study online or a booklet you pick up at the dmv
>50$ registration fee
>voters must renew their license every 8 years
>your voting privileges can be suspended or nullified if you've commited a felony

Make full-citizenship contingent upon successfully completing a certain number of years of military service. Voting is a right for full-citizens, period Even blue-pilled whackjobs give a shit when their life is on the line, plus nobody bands together to protect their own interests like the unionized cucks of the left. The good news is that most libtards will sit out military service. Everybody else fuck off

Have a "jury of juries" - 144 people in 12 groups of 12 to make decisions for the country.

>limit it to well educated people
>every single vote goes against typical pol views
>endless entertainment and triggering

>raise the voting age to 25
>welfare hags can't vote
>require ID, only let citizens vote
>ban MPs from serving in the senate
>term limits for senators
>don't allow proportional representation because it allows more women and minorities to get elected (according to Elizabeth May's research)

Also sterilize non-whites and fat people like we do

It's not about who benefits. It's about who is actually paying. If you're getting 100% of your taxes back on a tax return you aren't paying into the system

mine.

Ffs how many of these celebrity cunts are fucking niggers? Is it a fetish

Dead people vote.

>Local officials in Colorado acknowledged "very serious" voter fraud after learning of votes cast in multiple elections under the named of recently-deceased residents.

m.gazette.com/dead-people-voting-in-colorado/article/1586300

Try to bring this up over here and you'll be called racist for wanting proper documentation from voters to cast a vote.

what im saying is , youre getting 100% of your taxes back too!

whether its the military thats protecting you or the police thats protecting you, thats what youre essentially getting for your tax money you pay

whether the value is worth it or not is another story but the whole thing is, were in massive debt 19 trillion. so everybody is in theory a net burden on the tax payer . part of that 19 trillion is something that they spent over what you have given in taxes ... you yourself are way above budget even if you dont receive welfare

Oh also

Have some sort of oversight committee at the end of a major leaders' terms

During their term they get some maintenance salary, maybe the median salary of the nation

The committee arbitrates as to how well they achieved the goals set out in your campaign platform

If they did gud then they get some large bonus, maybe backpay them for a salary at a substantially higher percentile

If they didn't do gud but they tried then maybe they get some smaller bonus, maybe not

If they didn't try at all they get no bonus and are barred from holding public office

There's literally no point in democracy if the people you vote for aren't going to do the things you vote them into office to do

youtu.be/xoQttIgNMmw

Give the military a vote and they may vote to refuse to take orders.

Sauce?

The purpose of democracy is to make sure that everyones voices are heard, so I don't think you can restrict that part.

What you could change very well is the politicians. I'd put a few years maximum for a person to be able to be a politician in their whole lives.

Another thing that can be changed is how politicians are chosen. They could be chosen completely randomly from all people and replaced every year.

The biggest problem in doing any changes to the current systems is that the current leaders do not want to give up power.

Cant be fixed. Authoritarism is the only way to command the masses. Of course you need a leader, thats the hard part.

Make it something you earn. (Excuse the phone posting please.)

vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starshiptroopers/images/b/ba/FederationFlag.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081210214556

If you pay taxes you get to vote! It's that easy and you win.

bls be pretending to be retarded

Too much happening. I mean it's all well and good, but who would make up the committee? Who would make the rules? How do you enforce the committee? Etc etc.

Simplicity is the best. is a good idea for the simple fact that it is SIMPLE, FAR REACHING, and GENERAL.

Likewise, offers an interesting solution, but WHO CONTROLS THE LOTTERY?

Personally, I think we should do away with First past the post, set voting regions in stone for anything bigger than a city, and make it so representative positions are two man instead of one man. I don't know the specific term for it and don't feel like looking it up, but each person should be given "points". The number of points is equal to the number of candidates for the position summed up counting from 1. If three people are running, you get 6 points (1+2+3), if 4 people then you get 10 (1+2+3+4). You don't have to vote all of your points.That way, people can rank politicians in the order they'd like. The two politicians with the most votes win.

>The purpose of democracy is to make sure that everyones voices are heard

Not historically. Not currently (good luck having your voice heard when you're not of voting age).

Will Smith
both on camera and off camera

Best post I've seen here all year.

You burgers don't have that?

You can't fix it
It's giving too much power to the people which is like letting the crazies dictate policy

There needs to be an authority that has the best in mind for the population based on logic and listening a little bit to what the population is asking for.

The answer is to ditch democracy as the only way to run the show and just take little bits of it that work.

Sigh. Exactly what is wrong with anons statement

nope, and there is no good reason for us to have it

>chosen completely randomly

yes, completely random.

I should have put this first:

The system should run with as little human interference as possible in the actual mechanisms of it. Things should be "automatic" if you will. If you allow people to make subjective decisions in, say, reviewing whether an elected official did their job well, then you allow corruption to set in.

But if you set a far reaching set of objective things a leader CANNOT do or else he faces prosecution from multiple agencies, you run into less issues as "Did President X do Y?" is much less subjective than "Did President X REALLY try his hardest at doing Z?"

Only landowners get the right to vote.

First stop saying America is a democracy, we're a constitutional republic you dumb shit.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

AFD günther stahlhelm

Well memed have a you my hwite brother

republicanism is a form of democracy

like bratwurst and kielbasa are forms of sausage

Sales taxes aren't paid by the consumer. they're paid by the business that sells directly to the consumer.

The only reason you THINK you pay sales tax in the US is because marketing Gurus wanting to make prices appear lower to encourage buying began posting the prices on their goods "before tax." This practice is dishonest and is actually illegal in most western countries.

Lets put it this way -

To give you a practical example - When you fill out your Tax return, do you have to declare value of all goods bought during the year, and the tax paid thereon? No.

It wouldn't make sense anyway, as you're LOSING the money you exchange for the good. Taxes are traditionally levied against the profiting party.

Lrn 2 tax before you post shit.

Hu dat smn dmn?

>mfw I take the money and donate it to my favourite politician

In all seriousness this could probably work, it'll never happen but it would work.

True redpill:
>only able to vote if land owner, have a child, male, over age 50.

Having children and land invests you in the current and future of the country
Being over 50 and male allows you to use logic over feelings. Women never acquire this ability

What if public service was as compulsory and random as Jury Duty?

How could that be made to work?

>over age 50.

in my opinion 13 year olds should be able to vote

as long as theyre white men

i dont know why you want to be a cuck to old people so badly

also land ownership is biased against people who dont own land....... they still have a working brain
if they rent temporarily thats stupid

Education.

Businesses collect sales tax from consumer then remit to state. There's no value added tax or anything similar in the US. It's the consumer paying sales tax although it's the business which is required to collect and remit to state.

It's not an addition cost to the business which they would then pass on to the customer through higher prices.

Besides that, you're forgetting social security and Medicare - 6.2 and 1.45 percent respectively.

people have floated this idea before. the problem is that 50% of the population is legitimately, statistically stupid. you could vet after initial selection, but then that starts to get political and biased real quick. and who then does the vetting? they would have a disproportionate amount of power. You could put it to a vote, but that's sort of the clusterfuck we have now.

I've always been intrigued by the idea of voting as a Compulsory public service. This has been legitimately experimented with, and I think it has potential.

>Every year, roughly 1% of the QUALIFYING population is randomly selected to vote.
>Qualifications would include age, minimum education, citizenship
>Once selected, designated voters are isolated in regional groups, in similar fashion to grand jury.
>designated voters are presented with a set of issues, and the various stances on each issue
>As part of their responsibility, these voters are required to hear each side of each issue present arguments and facts for its respective case
>Once they've been fully informed on each issue, they are then put into mandatory discussion panels about the issue
>After discussion, the voters all vote on the issue
>This take place over a few weeks or so, hammer out all the issues for the year.
>Call it good.

Experiments with this system apparently produce more consistent outcomes, and more satisfied voting populations.

it's called informed designated voter system or something, you can google it.

Additionally to your practical example - when filing taxes you would do just that. You are required to declare the value of items purchased and pay either sale or use tax on it.

You might have realized that online retailers are now collecting sales tax when you buy something online. That wasn't always the case and that's when you were supposed to self report. Most people did not and they could get away with it. It's not worth it for the state to chase you down on a 299 dollar purchase.

There is a case where a wealthy individual - I'll find name and post later - bought millions of painting and shipped to a state without sales tax. Then he'd move the paintings back to his resident state. He did all that to avoid paying. If it was as you say, and the business was the one actually paying sales tax then that wouldn't be necessary would it?

Also, there is also self employment tax and excise tax that poor people pay.

>Businesses collect sales tax from consumer then remit to state

In the most prima facie way possible

>There's no value added tax or anything similar in the US

Never said that there was

>It's the consumer paying sales tax although it's the business which is required to collect and remit to state.

While strictly true, final liability under audit or failure to asses is always on the seller, not the consumer. it's a false premise at best.

>Besides that, you're forgetting social security and Medicare - 6.2 and 1.45 percent respectively

. . . .Which are both assess as a percentage of income. if you don;t qualify to pay income tax, you don;t qualify to pay SS and Medicare.

really not sure what you were trying to say there, that's pretty obvious.

Tyca CEO kozlowski - sales tax evasion

Government service guarantees voter rights if you contribute nothing to society why should your vote count the same as mine? If you are currently on government assistance no vote either.

Citizenship and the right to vote awared only for those who served in the military

>Additionally to your practical example - when filing taxes you would do just that. You are required to declare the value of items purchased and pay either sale or use tax on it.

No you don;t -m what fucking state do you live in? Have you ever actually filed taxes before?

>To your online point - too long to green text

If you were correct, then why is the tax collected by the state in which the business resides, and not the consumer?

Beisdes, the case law on online sales tax is increasingly placing the liability on the business, not the consumer.

>Also, there is also self employment tax and excise tax that poor people pay.

1) Bullshit. you only pay self-employment tax if you are legitimately self-employed and have a taxable income.

2) the only valid point you've raised so far.

i would probably start cumming and pooping if a girl that hot looked at me

Okay, you're wrong on a couple issues. You say if you don't qualify to pay income tax you don't qualify to pay social security and Medicare. There's two basket of taxes at play which are totally different. Income tax is paid by filing your federal or state income tax return. SS and Medicare are required to be withheld out of your paycheck however small.

The process of federal tax withholding is a little similar to sales tax. You pay but the employer collects and remits to treasury. You wouldn't say the employer is paying taxes on your earning would you?

Finally, with regards to SS and Medicare taxes paid, there is no refunding that so how can that not be a tax that is being paid?

Abolish democracy. Nothing is made right just because a majority of people vote/agree on it. One genius' vote is worth more than 1000 average voters opinion

Paper ballots.
Don't announce results until all votes are counted.
Outlaw lobbying.
Two term limit.
Invade Britain and hang the Rothschilds.
Repeal all Constitutional amendments after the 13th.

This, also bring back the draft.

if there would be a fix, then they wouldn't let us have democracy

There's a difference between income tax and self employment tax. There are instances when you owe no income tax but are still liable for self employment tax. Any profit over 400 dollars and then you would be subject to self employment tax.

Search for you states sales and use tax forms.

Businesses are required to collect or they're liable for paying. Imagine a situation where a business does its duty and collects and timely remits sales tax. Who is the one paying then?

Repeal the 19th Amendment

Holy shit the one thing we need is mandatory service after school.

The idea is alright but needs some refinement, obviously it isn't preferential to let constant welfare grabbers to be able and vote as well as ex-government types to end up in cushy jobs they got through less than savory ways.

In Australia we have mandatory voting, so everyone must vote, which means that candidates can focus on their policies and why you should vote for them rather than spending months just to get people to vote at all.

> Okay, you're wrong on a couple issues. You say if you don't qualify to pay income tax you don't qualify to pay social security and Medicare. There's two basket of taxes at play which are totally different. Income tax is paid by filing your federal or state income tax return.
>SS and Medicare are required to be withheld out of your paycheck however small.

Okay, I will concede this point.

>The process of federal tax withholding is a little similar to sales tax. You pay but the employer collects and remits to treasury. You wouldn't say the employer is paying taxes on your earning would you?

Apples to oranges. who is giving money to whom?

>Finally, with regards to SS and Medicare taxes paid, there is no refunding that so how can that not be a tax that is being paid?

Again you have a valid point, but I will ping you - technically, SS and Medicare are both intended to RETRUN value to to the taxpayer at a certain point. they aren't technically (in theory) gov't revenue. It's the taxpayer paying himself, not the system.

If we are talking pure loss, contribution to the system, then those that don;t pay income tax do not contribute to the system.

>There's a difference between income tax and self employment tax. There are instances when you owe no income tax but are still liable for self employment tax. Any profit over 400 dollars and then you would be subject to self employment tax.

yeah, there are probably 0 poor people actually obeying this.
those that do are to be commended, but my point remains valid. it also doesn't stop those people from collecting welfare and being net drains on the system.

>Businesses are required to collect or they're liable for paying. Imagine a situation where a business does its duty and collects and timely remits sales tax. Who is the one paying then?

The Business. they're the one that actually sends the money to the Gov't. you could make an argument of agency, but it's still a false preimise.

Failed to perform 19 push ups during your application process, eh?

Gas the kikes that run the Zionist worldwide govt.

you don't fix democracy you get rid of it because it is the mask of judaism ruling America...fucking NEET! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE Normal fag questions!!!!!!!!!

you don't fix democracy you get rid of it because it is the mask of judaism ruling America...

By having a fair and impartial media that isn't subversive kike shit. Literally the only failing of democracy is the ignorant masses voting on things. Everything else is a far secondary problem.

abolish freedom of the press

Americans have the right to not vote you fuckng mong.

You are implying they did literally any research
>Loss of voting privilege if you choose to not vote
nah, enforcement is pretty bad
>Penalty for not voting
read the first point

leave shillbot