What's your opinion on Asperger Syndrome?

What's your opinion on Asperger Syndrome?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yTU8WbTbZMI
rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wish I was a high functioning autistic individual. Would make uni so much easier.

1. Spergs get welfare money in Sweden (aka Autismbux), which they shouldn't since they are quite capable of educating themselves and holding jobs. Perhaps some cases are exceptions, but that can be evaluated on a case-to-case basis.
2. It's clearly overdiagnosed, most of the so-called spergs are just awkward dorks who needed a special stamp to get their self-esteem repaired.
3. Spergs who constantly bring up the fact that they have aspergers annoy the shit out of me, especially when they smugly compare themselves to Einstein and shit like that. God damn it just shut the fuck up, nobody cares.
4. While some of them might have increased intellectual capabilities, most of them are just laser-focused on specific interests which makes the knowledgeable in that field, but not necessarily intelligent.

are you low functioning autistic individual?

You saying "spergs" annoys the shit out of me.

Deal with it, sperg

No not autistic at all.

Those are not capable of tying their fucking shoelaces without help.

So probably, yes.

The doc says I have it. It sucks.

Fake and gay

>most of the so-called spergs are just awkward dorks

Agreed. I probably could have gotten myself diagnosed with Aspergers if I wanted. But I knew I really wasn't -- I'm just an unsocial dorkwad.

Sperg must be the only word your autistic manchild of a brain can spew out.

They have simply entered such a realm of enlightenment
they have begun to exit their own physical bodies.

Better than giving money to immigrants, Sven.

Spergs have no filter, they speak their mind either being far-left or far-right, great if you are the latter.

Oh, do you prefer "person suffering from aspergers syndrome"? I was just being efficient.

has reviewbrah confirmed that he has aspergers?

In a sense, yeah, but as I said, those with aspergers usually have quite to potential to be productive in the right line of work, unlike an analphabetic somali. So not giving them autismbux is a good way of motivating them to actually find their productive niche.

God fucking dammit, how can you faggots not see that this is a slide thread?

And if anyone is going to deny that this is a slide thread, then get your head out of your fucking asses and sage this thread anyway. Nobody cares about your mental retardation right now, and this is not the kind of post to have on Cred Forums on election day.

My therapist thinks I have a lick of Aspergers. I went for ADHD and Depression about a year ago.

I kind of agree with her but I feel Aspergers isn't well understood enough for me to identify with other spergs. I don't obsess over one thing. I talk to people frequently and am social. I do always feel like an outsider, but I just attribute that to my ADHD.

Idk. What is Aspergers, really? The over development of the male mind?

Calm down, debates haven't started yet. I'm sure the threads during it will cover 95% of the catalog, you don't have to worry.

What causes it?

Technology?
Genetics?
Niggers?

Guy who was diagnosed with asperger as a kid.
When I was 12 or so I got diagnosed and put into therapy and shit like that. I actually had a mils form of aspergers.
It was difficult cause I was really shy in nee social situations. But I never avoided them and even went to summer camps and stuff like that.
And I must say I have no problem at all maybe. I dont am the most open person but no one would think that i had asperger.

No one knows. I had a good childhood compared to others and still got it. But you can "get normal" when you want to improve

School doc tried to push asperger diagnosis on me in college because I was so depressed that I didn't talk much at all, didn't look her into eyes and only gave short few word responses.

She also printed out some unofficial online depression test which I had to fill by pen and then diagnosed me based on that.

Fuck doctors man.

>While some of them might have increased intellectual capabilities, most of them are just laser-focused on specific interests which makes the knowledgeable in that field, but not necessarily intelligent.
and not neccessarily usefull to the job market too. Just look at /natsoc/

Give me your name and home address, fight me irl fgt!

Don't, I have it and couldn't pass it because some off the compulsory classes couldn't interest me.
So I failed and became a heating technician (wich I like very much) and became very good at it.
It's just about finding what interests you.

My biggest flaw is my inability to establish intimate relationships because I sometimes doubt if I even have emotions myself, let alone figure out someone else's.
Sure, some things make me tick, but it causes something like a blue screen instead of anger/sadness or whatever.

Fuck "psychologists"

For every useful autist like Zuckerburg there's a hundred retards like CWC.

>tfw other Aspies make me look bad
>tfw just want to drink tea and eat fancy cheese in peace

>(((doctors)))

Seriously, autism/aspergers is fake.

Just take adderall

Doesn't deserve to be called 'autism', real autism is way, way worse.

if it is responsible for the world's best food and drink reviews then i think very highly of it

I probably have it but I've never bothered to find out more. What difference does it make anyway?

Them, too. Psychology is a meme science.

All that being said I don't hate aspies, I have two buddies who are typical cases.

It's only the US-elections and still some hours to go.
And it's not like we aren't going to read/view everything about them tomorrow from both left wing and right wing media.

That's a meme, I fucking hated everything about school and dropped out in year 10.

Check your flag, you both obviously have it.

Of whom is this a caricature?

DEATH TO THOSE WHO SLANDER REVIEWBRAH

how would a finn know if they had aspergers or were simply very finnish?

it's like guessing if a person is gay or british; lesbian or german

autism was created by jews in order to shame normal functional, honorable white men. jews see this earnestness and honor as an "illness" (disgusting) as jews are rats who rely on deceiving and coaxing to get by. A white who lives off the sweat of his brow or his mental skills and doesn't enjoy talking and speaking(manipulating, lying) a lot is "ill" according to jews.
Just as we cannot comprehend the fragrant, impulsive lying of the jew the jew doesn't comprehend the honesty and morality of whites and so classifies it as an illness.

>Idk. What is Aspergers, really? The over development of the male mind?
Women have it too but it's very uncommon. A girl in my neighborhood had it. She was obsessed with Pokemon and other weebshit. Instead of socializing she would watch Youtube videos of people talking to the camera.

Classic autism is by no means fake, there really are people who can't communicate for shit or even make eye contact since birth. But many on the high-functioning end of the spectrum certainly seem like shady cases.

Its not the over development of the mind, since I was a small child I have stood out among my peers.

Over diagnosed

This kid is autistic youtube.com/watch?v=yTU8WbTbZMI

It's not fake

>I was so depressed that I didn't talk much at all, didn't look her into eyes and only gave short few word responses.
that's not asperger/autism, that's just part of being a finn

I think you never saw a real autist.
Autism is a real deal.
Asperger is more like a diagnosis for shy, antisocial people

Asberger syndrom IS being an awkward dork. That is the whole thing

>Emotions
I get what you're saying, but I've found that aspies are actually really in tune with how people feel. At least from my and my family's experience.

I just don't know how to change people's emotions to positive ones without manipulation

This happened to me exactly as you put it. They tried to put me on meds as well for a nonexistent problem

I once read Cream of Asparagus as Cream of Aspergers.

That's about the extent that my sperg brain can take me.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's at the age of 3, have Depersonalization Disorder, severe social anxiety, and am a stringent anti-sexual. I push the boundaries of what it means to be a c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶a̶r̶d̶ neurodivergent.

Was it Fins or Swedes that stand few meters apart on bus so they dont get in eachother's personal space also not sharing bus seats?

so you get automatic spergbux for just showing proof of diagnosis??

im moving to sweden then

t. adhd & mild sperg

on bus stops*

It's similar, but there's a difference between lacking social skills(being an awkard dork), and lacking the brain wiring that gives you capability to feel empathy and thus failing to properly develop social skills (being autistic). The dork just lacks experience in social situations and is entirely capable of empathizing and reading social cues, while the autist has to process things intellectually to make up for his disability.

>1 person per bus

it was finns, swedish buses are filled with brown people

>inability to establish intimate relationships because I sometimes doubt if I even have emotions myself
Come on, I lack a lot empathy, and am a textbook sociopath, and I have a girlfriend.

It's tough sometimes because she used to cry a lot. I don't hurt her or anything like that, she just tells me shit and I pretty much go "okay" or "oh." Over time she gave me a chance, and I learned the social cues necessary to diffuse her problems. So now I just pretend to listen to her rants, even though she knows I don't really care that much, it makes her feel better because she can just download her day on me. It just takes some awareness of the situation going on and practice.

asperger's doesn't exist. clearly. can't call people fat, nigger, dyke, etc. etc. autistic is still okay. the autistics should sit this one out. it doesn't exist anyway.

It's both.

Yeah, you get ~900 Euros/month

Kek, not far from truth.

Every movement he makes is like another diagnosis.
He's one of those guys you can diagnose from a mile away.

I know, I do the same with my relatives.
It's just that I really don't care for it and I'm quite fine by myself.
It's easier and more peaceful.

It came from neanderthals. It was their way of thinking and acting.

rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm

Neanderthals actually had bigger brain sizes than modern humans due hard natural selection in cold enviroment. ADHD is actually good for hunting because it gives intense focus and high energy levels. Neanderthal theory also explains why aspies like me feel like different race.

More north you go, more neanderthal genes people have. Niggers in africa dont have them, thats why they are so stupid and apelike.

that sounds like me LOL (not though), it makes one feel less lonely without having to put up with real people, I suppose...

I hate this whole society. I know genuinely autistic people and they're fruity as hell but God forbid I don't engange in 10 hours of normie smalltalk every day. Then I must be seized by the government and declared ill. I just want to be left alone

autism was created by jews in order to shame normal functional, honorable white men. jews see this earnestness and honor as an "illness" (disgusting) as jews are rats who rely on deceiving and coaxing to get by. A white who lives off the sweat of his brow or his mental skills and doesn't enjoy talking and speaking(manipulating, lying) a lot is "ill" according to jews.
Just as we cannot comprehend the fragrant, impulsive lying of the jew the jew doesn't comprehend the honesty and morality of whites and so classifies it as an illness.

they are parasites. I woudnt have a problem with killing autistic people because techncally they are not people but fucking robots unable to connect. Not to mention autism is responsible for mass killings

Oh, you just called it a flaw, so I figured you had an issue with it. I wouldn't really call it a flaw unless it's something you really want but you social abilities are keeping you from attaining the goal.

>they are quite capable of educating themselves and holding jobs.

While entirely true to the point that spergs do jobs better than most people, nobody hires them because they can't handle being around them. Most people view work as a partly social gathering.

Just speaking from my own field of work, which is software development, there are certain positions where you want an aspie or two because they can be very efficient and enduring at boring, repetitive but difficult tasks. Believe it or not, for some jobs they are in demand even though they lack the social skills. It's the kind of positions where social skills are irrelevant because they don't have to communicate much anyway.

Lets say somebody is born perfectly normal but due to bullying and shit parenting decides to izolate self from society so doesent have social skill and doesent know what to do around people because never had a chance to learn it. And that person will be classified as asberger. Am i right?

autists don't lack empathy... they just can't connect to others because they think in a different way. i am extremely empathetic and sensitive

Yes, that person could eventually be incorrectly classified with aspergers. But unlike someone who is actually autistic, that person will naturally be able to adjust to society when he gets social experience since we are social creatures.

I'd guess Nigel Farage? It's not very good.

I've actually been diagnosed with it. I used to be antisocial(not so much anymore) and to this day I have appalling handwriting. I grew up having to go through all this counseling and such, and it probably has helped. Nowadays, 'asperges's' only makes my more inclined to obsess over certain things.

I was born with it.

It is a constant struggle. I am at a point now where I have a full time job and finished getting a degree from a trade school, but I still basically have no real friends, and never have had an actual relationship.

When people ask what it is like, this is the description I use- Imagine your emotions are an amplifier. Most people are set somewhere between 4-6. I am stuck at 11, with the nob pulled off so you can't turn it down. Add to that the difficulty I have forming any real connection with people, and it is a very lonely and Isolated life.

Isn't empathy literally the ability to be able to connect emotionally to others? What do you mean the difference is?

Autists do have emotions if that's what you mean, unlike psychopaths.

Fuck with running on empty food reviews again you shit tier country

The teeth are too white imo.

I was diagnosed with Asperger as a child. However, I only had very minimal symptoms.
I simply was bored at school and pissed off by my stupid classmates, so I acted antisocial.

It later turned out it's an odd combination of ADD and Intellectual giftedness, and I took Ritalin to get an A-grade Abitur. Now I'm 23 y.o. and study engineering, am still a bit socially awkward, but I have a couple of close friends and get along with most other people.

spergs piss me off, theyre parents always cater to there needs and let them get away with anything, seriously. My younger brother had a sperg over for dinner one time and the kid freaked out cause we weren't having fried chicken, that's all his mom feeds him.

how would coons cause aspergers?

Lol I have terrible ass handwriting too. I can never get it to be nicer. Also do you sign your name a little differently each time you do it? My signature is always different from the last in some noticeable way, even though I don't consciously try to make it like that.

I know, shitty parenting gets amplified by aspergers.

Both me and my girlfirned are very high functioning aspergers(not autists)

feels good man.
embrace the aspergers. It's better than normie.

THIS

Yeah, my niece is high functioning autistic and she really IS different from most people in immediate, discernible phrase. Like the explosive, sudden temper and suicidal, violent impulses. Yet she is a very gentle person. She's empathetic and compassionate yet lives in some strange, intriguing part of her head a lot. She's very creative and original but has trouble gauging the emotional responses of others and connecting. Once she does manage it she's awesome but her difficulties with that made her terribly lonely even though she's not really a shy person at all. Her physical gestures and voice betray her autism too because although she's incredibly smart she has to make an effort to remember "inside voice" and modulate her speech. She is funny and clumsy and makes unusual gestures. I like them but realize a lot of people would be weirded out.

Most of all it's this ineffable quality you sense when you meet her that she is really really wired differently from most people, aka normies. She literally scares normies. I've taught her to be amused at that instead of feeling like a freak and responding with hate and anger and wanting to fuck with them violently. Kek she's awesome but yeah, I knew she was autistic long ago. Her parents were in total denial until the school pointed it out. I'd like to think I've helped them realize that autistic isn't something to be ashamed of, and that my niece's different qualities are actually really fucking cool for the most part. At least she's not an idiot and that would be far, far worse. They get it now.

so far ive made no friends in 3 years. not being able to properly introduce myself or talk to the professors has given me depression so bad that I am on meds against my will that make me sit and grind my teeth all day.

There are physical signs of Asperger's like stereotyped motor movements. Trouble with ball exercises and hand floundering are pretty common.

Exactly. My niece is the same way. She's had some really good counseling to help her learn coping techniques to deal with social situations. Once she gets really comfortable with someone and knows them well, it is easier for her. We still sometimes have to really explain how we feel in intellectual terms but when she gets it, she really does get it.

Is Jeb a legit autist?

Yeah, I've wondered that myself. He's probably not diagnosed since that shit hadn't really kicked in when he was growing up, but he'd probably get diagnosed with it today.

Ooh nice brain dump meme

That is like legit retard autism, not Aspergers.

>ADHD
>intense focus

Yeah, and the guy he replied to said autism was fake.

well focus on non-boring shit

thanks? I'll probably keep adding to it when he makes more, just for fun.

You've clearly never been hunting.

I think he legit is. He doesn't really have any friends and marrying the first girl you date is pretty common

t. aspie

My nephew's diagnosed with it and he's a constant pain in the arse to his family

Who are the people in this image?