Just got done rewatching the star wars movie series and I had a thought, was the empire really that bad...

Just got done rewatching the star wars movie series and I had a thought, was the empire really that bad? Sure they were a dictatorship but they kept the peace, everything was fairly peaceful until the fucking rebels screwed it up. Thoughts Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/EmpireDidNothingWrong
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice id

I have had that thought to. Maybe if the Empire through out the sith lords and it was led by non force sensitive people it would have been good.

>destroyed a planet

was the empire really that bad?

dunno, what do you think?

Led by non force sensitives but they still have a place, seeing into the future is a godly resource for a government to have.

Nyyyyce ID

Don't believe Princess Liar! Alderaan wasn't peaceful and unarmed. It was a legitimate military target.

That's the realworld equivalent of bombing a city, a thing which many countries have done.

that's the equivalent of genociding a whole populator and nuking the land.

What an ID

Motherfucking QUADS

SITH LORD

Would never hold together without the emporer. Too large would fragment.

You just made this shit thread

Sage

A fucking rebel planet, hiding rebels and whatnot

They deserved it

That's the purpose of Vader, replace the chancellor when he dies.

Compared to the previous government? The slow death of every planet versus a clean death for one isn't a particularly tough call.

Having watched all the clone wars recently I have to say OP has a point

[spoiler]Lea, and Luke as well as Anakin were all collaborating and working together all along so they could make hundreds of quadrillions in galactic federation credits from the war that happened in some secret unholy shadowy alliance. meanwhile everyone was dieing off in the war and losing everything lobbing trillions after trillions at the galactic war machine trying to keep the effort sustained totally unsuspecting[/spoiler]

Whose really the bad guy tho, the Jedi kept its knights emotionless robots, limited and weak mentally.
Sith were told to just use the powers at your own volition, seemingly dangerous but no more than a guy with a gun. Sith aren't evil, so how you use the power is up to you.

I think star trek is superior. Fuck star wars, it's for kids.

For the now defunct expanded universe the empire wad the only institution that could readily fight off some extragalactic invaders that luke ended up fighting.

Alderan was the Turkey of Star Wars

Nothing of value was lost

Nice syria allegory
>emperor bashartine assad

Dubs has spoken
>and getting fucked over by 80% of the time

>even to be actually comparing the two in the same camp and not keeping them separated

>spotted the normie

Yes this.

Sure the Empire seemed a little draconian about some things, but having them to protect you from true horrors like the Yuuzhan Vong is probably worth it.

I'm honestly not even aware of most of the policy differences between the empire and the alliance. I haven't seen much to suggest the empire was oppressive beyond trying to control and tax systems for their own good. You know so they could build huge weapons actually capable of fighting things like the Vong.

Nah, Sheev 100 percent did nothing wrong.

It was a delousing laser.

> be young humanoid guy
> fighting everywhere throughout the galaxy
> droids vs clones
> sign up to defend my planet and impose order
> ruthlessly attacked by rebels that fly out of the desert on a suicide mission
> the worship an ancient barbaric religion
> glory in the destruction

made my synapses fire in a surprising but pleasant manner

Yes, the empire was the good side.

Jedis are hypocrites too

Dude, the Jedi were religious zealots. Part of Anakin's fall was due to the Order's rigid control on expressions of emotions. Their use of the Force can influence how someone acts and is shown to be done against a person's will. They also insist on the own versions of morality regardless of the legal structures designed to administer to a galactic social structure. When the Empire started thinking that maybe someone should imvestigate the emotionless space monks who carry deadly concealed weapons and train in ethereal powers that are often used to sway people's minds or cause physical harm, the Jedi foment a resistance that leads to rebellion. Dont forget that it was the Jedi Order's choice to perform risky training on an underage amd unsuitable candidate based on mystic prophecy of their own imagination that created Darth Vader and ended the peaceful republic. Jedi are pretty much Muslims in space.

weapons of mass destruction
evidence they had plans for a 'death star'
no fly zone for gungans etc

Thank goodness the empire stepped in.

Jedi are Roman Catholics.

Sith and gungans are muslims.

Now you know why everyone gets pissed off when you intervene in the Middle East. It's because democracy isn't the answer.

>Reply
>doing whatever, ruling a seemingly peaceful universe
>only disturbances come from rebels and smugglers
>watching your designated space zone, making sure nothing fishy flies by
>SUPER FAST SHIP HYPERDRIVES INTO OBLIVION
>chase it
>gets sucked into, conveniently, the death star
>leia happens to be rescued
>"oh, fucking great"
>rebels somehow escape, using kek bullshittery
>squadron of rebels begins attacking
>blows up death star

arguably, they never should have made the detah star plans public, but thanks to faggot ass edleia snowdorgana, some murders got the plans, killed a fuck ton of folks, and made the peace that helped smugglers and low lives thrive.

guh, empire for life.
seig zeon.

I'm not big into non-canon star wars lore, but from what I understand the empire is working to unite the galaxy against a common enemy that is known/expected to otherwise slaughter everyone in a couple hundred thousand years in the future. So they kind of are the good guys, but have to be the bad guys first. Maybe we can get a /tg/ nerd or whoever would know more about it in here to clear things up.

Not canon anymore lol

Disney fucked everything up

I never liked Star Wars. Part of it is that you never see life for any average Joe Imperial nor how the war has dragged on or how the Empire is oppressive. The damn Holiday Special did a better job of showing the Empire fucking with the little guy that any of the movies. It's sad that the theory Jedi are actually the bad guys makes the whole series much more interesting to me.

>or how the Empire is oppressive
what about when they destroy that entire planet

Watch the legend of the galactic heroes anime . its like star wars but without the alian and magic stuff , also the empire actually kinda wins

To be fair, the first movie (the real first movie) focused on this tiny group of, what, 8 characters? Imagination just starts filling in the parts of the scenery not in the camera frame and soon you have this autistic thunderdome of bullshit that doesn't make sense but is hugely complicated for no good reason.

its fucking fiction, and you know exactly how the author meant it to be interpreted.

One instance. It's hard to sympathize with a planet. They needed to show stormtroopers rounding up infidels, cities crumbling and burning, families being torn apart by secret Stasi, total East Germany kind of shit. Show us the progression over the movies as things become worse and worse. Right now I don't really see the Empire as all that bad.

All the other planets would have starved to death due to the blockades.

The Empire saved trillions planets by blowing it up forcing their surrender.

The Yuuzhan Vong.

They were rebels.

Fuck Disney.

Who gives a shit about Disney? They make a movie about a chess nigger with a 1600 rating and portray her as prodigy. If Disney decided to mash Star Wars, Mickey Mouse and Winnie-the-Pooh together and call it canon, we wouldn't consider Donald Duck cucking Eeyore by fucking Princess Leia as part of the Star Wars universe either.

They went repressive mode because Sheev had to get the galaxy under one banner before the Vong got there. The New Republic got a ridiculous number of people killed in that war because they fucked over the Empire

Shhh, normie, this is Cred Forums we know what we're doing.

Siths are a more rational order, much less mystical than jedis, especially during and after Darth Plagueis.

Jedis are basically the abrahamics of Star Wars, not necessarially only muslims or catholic, but both.

after like 30 years of war

I swear someone told me the empire was racist since it only put humans in positions of power.

Member guys?

underrated post

Galactic Game of Thrones really

A word to the wise, take no one side, no one is on your side.

Jedi are more rational because they don't draw power from their emotions, you have it ass backwards

>rational
>religious zealots

come again?

Why wasn't the Empire blunt and honest about the Yuuzhan Vong, and their galaxy's need for unity?

>Sure they were a dictatorship but they kept the peace

Nyyyys

I swear I've seen this before.

reddit.com/r/EmpireDidNothingWrong

Rational is the opposite of emotional.

The sith gain power from their emotions ergo the sith must be emotional in irder to be strong in the force.

Jedi code states no emotion.

Probably not the first time someone brought this up

Nigga what

Dark/Grey Jedi may not be evil, but if you're a full-fledged Sith that means that you were inducted into an ancient and cruel order propagated by the most ruthless dark force users in all of galactic history

And there's only two Sith at a time, which means that your ass is super-qualified to be evil

And "cruel" and "most ruthless" basically meant encouraging a tax rebellion and killing, uh, Jedi.

It's just badly written bullshit. The author says Jedi = Good so anything against them = bad. That millions of wheezing autists can be captivated by this beyond the 2 hours of a movie is beyond me.

Yes but look at how well that worked. They bottled up their emotions and eagerly rushed off to lead a war with a movement imposed entirely to get away from the corruption in the senate. The CIS will rise again!

>not understanding the nature of the dark side