UK will oppose plans for EU army

bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37482942

Hey, britfags, what is your opinion on this?

Is Fallon right in opposing creation of united EU army?

Will NATO be obsolete if EU manages to create one after all?

Bonus Question 1: Will UK be able to kick EU army ass?

Bonus Question 2: Lion on your army logo looks slightly retarded, what`s up with that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xtdqp30dJlE
theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/07/mod-admits-british-submarine-dragged-fishing-trawler-through-irish-sea
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

An EU army would be awful just ask the Austro-Hungarians how a multi language and ethnic army works out.

its another step towards the united states of Europe.

of course nato won't be.

ahh ahh hah no

tradition

It won't prevent it because the provision in the Lisbon treaty that they plan to use allows for individual countries in the EU to form these kinds of miltary co-ops.

Inherently undemocratic. The retards will bomb the next Qaddafi and Assad and then force the refugees along with massive amounts of economic migrants upon the European people.

Why do you doubt your military might Britain? I mean, I don`t expect you to invade France or anything, but you can BTFO anyone who tries to invade you at least.

I think it's a bad idea but if NATO goes under it might have some merit.

Not likely, EU military budgets except the UK are pretty low because they depend on the US to prop them up. If Trump got one thing right last night, it's his analysis of NATO.

Depends on the scenario. I'm no military theorist I don't think an invasion of the UK would go well for them considering the strength of the Navy and RAF but we'd struggle to wage a war on mainland Europe in our current shape. Germans have great equipment and training and together with the French they'd be enough to defeat our army militarily if they got together quick enough

He's happy to serve Queen and Country

It would be cool if we had a traditionalist government that seeks to respect the traditions and ethnicities of its diferent peoples, however i am opposed to the EU as it is now just as i am opposed to the spanish state and to the NATO as they are now

the UK punches above its weight in terms of population, but we are a big spender and the populace is mad at austerity, so there've been a lot of cuts lately

It's hard to justify a standing army in 'peacetime' to people who see defense spending figures and wonder why their tax credits and NHS budgets are being cut

Fucking Brexit already, ya bunch of cotton headed ninny muggins.

Would you resort to using nukes if you are desperate enough or would you prefer defeat to using nukes on European soil?

>Michael Fallon: UK will flail around impotently at plans for EU army

Fixed that for you

I was wondering about that too. What kind of leverage does UK even have when it comes to EU army?

>Is Fallon right in opposing creation of united EU army?

Yes. It's another step in the EU's road to "real country" status at the expense of its member states.

>Will it make NATO obsolete
Highly unlikely. Only a handful of EU countries actually want to shell out money on military things and one of the main ones just left...

>Would the UK be able to kick the EU army's ass.

That's a complicated question, the answer to which depends on what the situation is. Are we attack or defending, and where?

>The lion looks like it's retarded
Yeah a bit. Don't know why.

Absolutely zero post Brexit.

Brexit means Brexit.

The EU army is the premier reason I wanted out of the EU.

It's such a bad idea with so many potential pitfalls. I mean, ALL armies are controlled by the corrupt puppetmaster heads of state regardless but this is just going over the heads of the greatest countries of the old world; age-old rivals and allies and ignoring their actual merits in order to say "you're all equal and you all serve equally under me".
You want an EU-sized army? Fucking take over Europe by force, not by gay shit laws and technicalities.

Don't really know why. Defence isn't even in the top 3 most expensive things in the government budget.

Good thing we haven't actually left yet, so we can give them a final "fuck you".

Well, let`s say they try to invade Britain proper through establishing Air and Naval superiority and then launching Sea Lion 2.0. US stays militarily neutral, but supports Britain`s economy and sends weaponry. Would you be able to stand your ground? Will you resort to using nukes?

The EU army is just Germany's way of getting around all the limits that were placed on their military after WW2.

Since UK is out; the only countries that matter in the EU are France and Germany. Germany runs that shit.

Yes we could defend our own country from pretty much anyone. The island is a natural fortress.

What if France starts to launch immigrants at you? Your defences seem to be utterly uneffective against them so far.
On a more serious note, would you protect your country with a gun in hand or try to flee to US/Canada/Whatever.

I would do what I could to help defend the place.

That isn't the problem.
It could work fine as long as the general staff and the officers have a common formation.
Problem would be more than it would make leaving the undemocratic corrupt piece of shit that the EU is even more difficult and I don't even speak about US influence over Germany which will make it basically a vassal army for the burgers.

And desu I don't want czech soldiers shooting on real french people under EU banner when SHTF because they are "fascist rebels".

A wild Frenchman appears!

What if EU army tries to cuck France into nothingness, will YOU fight for your country or prefer to flee?

>medium rare

Our defences seem weak because we're not yet allowed to shoot at illegals, we have far too many "human rights" leeches, leftists, and bigger players throwing their money around to make effective defences...yet.

EU vs Commonwealth Realms bring it on

just as I like em.

Prefer EU army over NATO. Juncker is a bit crazy and dangerous, but guys like Gen. Breedlove are even more dangerous.

Now post your face when French troops are ordered to shoot Basque separatists on the orders of a Spanish General from Madrid.

UK current standing:
150,000 regular troops total
85,000 combat troops
30,000 reserves
80,000+ Army Cadets & CCF

Our only issue is we only field 400 Challenger 2s, but I think expansion of the brigades is happening just a tad slowly.

if the UK goes to war against the EU the Commonwealth realms will fight with her

Much appreciated. Going in for sf signals reserve while at uni, lets just hope some nutter doesnt declare war on Iran anytime soon

Do you realy believe the EU would go to war with Britain, when there is already lots of tension etc in the world

Also the UK alone matches Germany and Frances defence budget combined, not as many total troops but we make up for it with excellent logistics, recon, intel gathering etc

i'm going into reserves here next year so i don't want the yanks fucking up the situation and starting a war with china

No of course not, that would be retarded. Another big middle eastern war wouldnt surprise me though

Naval wise you should be able to stop any euro troops getting over

We can veto it while still in the EU, you pleb.

Nice one, what branch?
Yeah war with China would be horrendous. Modern day island hopping doesnt sound pleasant

We are preparing to march into the ARYAN NATION and sweep the last of the wretched ARYAN PEOPLE from the face of Europa ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Our armies will be lead by MECHA-HARRIS, our most deadly weapon. You will all bow low before the might of your new gods.

No it doesn't. We do spend more than them, but not THAT much more.

UK = $55bn
France = $50bn
Germany = $40bn

>tries to leave EU
>blocks EU army, blocks inquiries into war crimes in syria before leaving

true to life shitposters

infantry there is only a rifle company near me so thats all i can join

In theory the Federal EU as a USA copy is a good idea.

In practice it couldn't have been implemented any worse. All you had to do was make it a Federal Republic. But no, you had to go with Brussels virtue signalling bureaucrats and zero checks on power.

My bad, thought i saw different in an infographic someone posted.

>UK vote to leave EU
>still think they have the right to oppose internal EU politics

wtf are wrong with you shitbongs

>Sweden

then why the fuck would you britbongs wanna oppose it?

Fair enough, you learn all the proper fieldcraft and soldiering in the infantry anyway. Some tank reserve blokes are a tad too tubby for comfort

How does that make sense unless field-craft is how not to completely fail at camping.

>bring woobie and poncho
>shit in a cathole
>baby-wipe "shower"
>wear boots that is so difficult.

>wear boots that is so difficult.
what

Fuck off. Europe is not like America get over it.

rogue spellcheck deleted half a of two phrases:

>wear boots that fit
I don't see what is so difficult

I would support the NWO if it had the spirit of the US Constitution and the complete Bill of Rights.

There is nothing wrong with a unified Earth. What is wrong is that Jews and might as well be Jews are trying to enslave us all.

1. Fuck the EU army, the EU should have been purely economic, you should be loyal to your nation but an EU army might be used to suppress member states who want to leave either through force or because they will be too reliant on the EU for defense and their military will be too intertwined to leave.
2. Micheal Fallon is alright I guess.
3. NATO is already obsolete tbqhfamalamadingdong,it's too aggressive towards Russia forcing Putin to react as not to look weak despite Russia no longer being a threat. We (USA and the Western European powers) should make a new 2% mutual defense pact without Turkey and with Australia, New Zealand, and the Nips.
4. No, our standing army is meh. Well trained but poorly equipped due to the multiplying effect meme. Against the industrial and logistical power of a EU army we wouldn't be able to win but we could maybe stop them crossing the channel with our navy classic English style.
5. The traditional flags of England had lions with their forked tongues out. the Army logo looks retarded because it is not a profile of the Lion but rather head on so it looks like its panting like a dog.
Safe Czechbro, good luck I hope your national pride and army isn't engulfed by fucking globalists and the EU military.

>There is nothing wrong with a unified Earth
the inequality of the races would create a few problems

>EU army
One that will be used for peace keeping duty's used only within the boarders of The E.U.

(well that's the pledge, it wont happen, they'll rampage across the world under the guise of peace.) lot like the usa & britian does now kek

An E.U Military,
Ein Volk, Ein Reich,

Now that's an plan that even Hitler would've loved.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xtdqp30dJlE

Just keep it separate but unequal.

As in, in other reserve units you dont do long overnight tabs or yomps, dont have as much emphasis on camouflage and stealth or SOPs for when encamped out in the field.

>Lion on your army logo looks slightly retarded, what`s up with that?

He's a Czech lion who got the job under EU rules.

>I would support the NWO
>here is nothing wrong with a unified Earth.

>There is nothing wrong with a Unified Earth

Great in theory, ultimately poor in application.

I didn`t want to offend your national pride, britbro. I really do think that it looks a little retarded (and so do some brits here). But I do not doubt that you are STRONK and all. This is just an emblem.

Wow, I looked that article up and I can't believe everyone in the comments are up their own asses believing that horseshit.
The UK is way outgunned by Russia and China and that's not even taking into account the potential they have when they mobilize their industry.

>United States of Europe
>We instantly become 50% shitskin like USA
>Pic related becomes a thing here as well

NOOOOOOOOO FUCK YOU

Outgunned, yes.

But the UK can sustain it military anywhere in the world, some estimates say the UK can get 40,000 men on the ground a sustain them within a very short amount of time, Russia struggles with that and China cant even launch it's aircraft off it's carrier, let alone manage it's large army.

>UK will oppose plans for EU army

Oh wow very relevant, let's ask fucking Argelia what they think too

When the EU forms its own army, you wont have any more Brexits. Or else.

Our corrupt leaders will never allow the Navy to sink refugee boats in the channel. This is the only sane reply to a Camp of the Saints scenario. If the Euro tanks, and the Pound survives, they will head our way.

>the 4th reich will happen in your lifetime
>it's going to be a leftist abomination

I'll fight against the EU army if it happens. You habe my 400 lbs of NEET.

No worries, they will use you as a bomb.

>Hey, britfags, what is your opinion on this?
Not that bothered by it, especially considering every current EU member minus Britain and maybe Poland have a competent military. They won't get far, and even if it does happen, it'd be a joke on par to that of the Warsaw pact during the Cold war.

>Is Fallon right in opposing creation of united EU army?
Considering the EU was made primarily to oppose another German rise, yes. EU shouldn't be involved with military matters at all.

>Will NATO be obsolete if EU manages to create one after all?
lolno. Most if not all current EU members are braindead retarded when it comes to military matters.

>Will UK be able to kick EU army ass?
Perhaps. It'd be a slog, but I could see the UK winning. Especially considering most EU members will probably leave NATO and their opinion of a "ridiculous military budget" once this EU military thing happens. When that happens, EU would've just declared war on NATO and British commonwealth nations.

>Lion on your army logo looks slightly retarded, what`s up with that?
It's culture.

t. bong squaddie

EU wouldn't fuck with an independent UK because that's like fucking with the US as well. Also UK is nuclear armed, that fact alone protects them if for some reason we abandoned them.

why did you lads send a snapchat of a bunch of squaddies putting dicks in eachothers mouths to the Pop Smoke admin?

top banter i guess, but pretty faggy

bants m8

The next wars will be civil wars, at least in Europe.

What a time to be alive.

We need a New Commonwealth. Canada and Australia will put their shitposters rivalry aside in the name of Anglo values and form a political and economic union with Great Britain.

>especially considering every current EU member minus Britain and maybe Poland have a competent military

This 100%

The only reason NATO works is because the US props up all the nations of Europe that have pitiful defence spending.

>going to war agains the 51th state

For what purpose

what a great time NZ will be fine because chinks don't cause much trouble but for my OE i get to kill mudslimes in europe

Or just ask Switzerland, french german and italian???

>Considering the EU was made primarily to oppose another German rise, yes
When did they fuck up this point anyway

UK is no longer in position to enforce their old diplomatic stance in Europe. Their Military-industrial complex is slowly getting eaten by the US one; their nukes are build upon american technology, and the only remaining vector, their subs, are no match for fisherboats:

theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/07/mod-admits-british-submarine-dragged-fishing-trawler-through-irish-sea

Germany managed to prevail in mainland Europe. France is but a mere shadow of it's former self, only retaining a decent, battle hardened army who can't be put in use for something else than bashing a bunch of retarded sandniggers, since we lack political unity. Our military-industiral complex is eaten by the German one, we're building shiny aricrafts, but our assault rifles and main battle tanks are going to be german ones. We're one step away from being properly vassalized by the krauts (you'll know it will be done when France will disarm their nukes, it is but a matter of time before the german traitors in our politics manage to slay the program for budget's sake).

At this time, the rest of european countries will be put in a dilemme by Germany: either you buy German guns, and it's good and all, or you still retain your bad habits of buying american shit, and then Anschluss Zeit, Greece-style.

Pic related, new european flag by then.

Sure, I think Britain has a sophisticated albeit relatively small navy, but it feels like it's really underestimating quality of sheer quantity. The Soviet Union deployed deep battle tactics until it sharpened the red army to a razor edge. They took horrible losses in the process, but they were left with the best land army in the world.
I understand that's more of a great power vs great power type of scenario and this is more about ability to project power into brown people countries, but I feel like if either country actually mobilized against a traditional non-guerrilla war then they would steadily beat the UK. I think the UK might do better against guerrilla warfare. It's the old scalpel vs hammer analogy where the UK's ability to organize, communicate and use information warfare would likely outdo either China or Russia.

>tfw no Imperial Federation
>122 million citizens
>$53,734 average GDP per capita
>$6 trillion GDP

"but I feel like if either country actually mobilized against a traditional non-guerrilla war then they would steadily beat the UK."

Depends, the Russian Navy and Chinese Navy are not that large and have some very outdated ships which would be a duck in the water.

Also, if they UK does start getting beat back, we will go to SAS style Hit and run and Guerrilla tactics ourselves.

Really it depends on the situation, currently in a long drawn out battle, the UK would lose, because Thatcher saw to the destruction to our industry and to maintain an army, you need industry infrastructure that can manufacture good's.

That's why if Russia did invade Europe, our best bet would be the UK and Poland hold them off from Germany long enough while Germany builds up its arms and army.

Makes sense that a religious person would be a cuck, the whole of christianity is based around nothing but Joseph getting cucked by god and his desperate attempts to rationalize that.

>nah guys it's cool, this kids gonna be the messiah and save us all!
>whatever cuck

And then things got WAY out of hand.