Retirement in Australia

G'day pol

Im getting close into retirement, I am very lucky to be wealthy, have been earning thousands a week for years.

But what I want doesn't exactly fit in with my lifestyle at the moment

Id like to:
>Buy at least 5 acre block or less at reasonable price.
>Be in neighbourhood thats quiet, not over populated.

Where I live at the moment:
>Live in Sydney/Penrith, its too populated with people, traffic gets worse & worse everyday, its too busy, lots of noise.
>Homes are too expensive, any land is 1/2million to 5million.

So id like to move before I retire, where is the best place to buy a little land at cheap price, at decent local suburban area?

Other urls found in this thread:

realestate.com.au/property-other-nsw-korora-7842062
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My parents retired to Canberra which seems to be suiting them well, I also like the place. Quiet but everything is there, decent people, can park and drive easily. Has a reputation for being boring but once you know the place it's actually pretty nice. Just an idea for you to keep in mind, good luck.

In all honesty I'd retire to tassie they hardly get any immigrants it's a beautiful part of our country.

Just retire to somewhere just outside Sydney like Kiama, that place is nice as fuck

Whats your price range OP? And what state are you looking to buy in?

HIi - My Dad was in the same situation 18 months ago.

He moved to Cobram, Vic (on the Murray) and bought a property with 10 acres. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a bungalow, and a bigass rumpus/hunting room. I would look into that, you might find something you like. Good luck m8.

Something thats at least 1.1million (which I can do)

Thanks mate :)

^BTW he spent 490k which is a bargain relative to what you pay in the big cities.

Tassie got overpriced a decade ago when Sydney retirees realised they could sell off their fibro 3br in Bankstown for a $1m and buy a mansion in Hobart for half that. Now the prices have caught up.
Fucking freezes in winter, and no jobs.
Not a job issue for you retiring, but all the dolebludgers will b&e your stuff to buy more ice.
Shit hospitals if you get old and crook.

Haven't been in Penriff or MtDruggitt for years, but maybe over the BlueMts? Lithgow or Orange or Bathurst.
Smaller laidback country centres and still in visit distance of Sydney.

Iv heard good things about Canberra, ill look more into it. Thanks for advice :)

Sounds nice :) will look into it

never heard of that place, ill check it out

Thats pretty fucking good mate

Do you want land to build your own house on or a property with a house already on it?

Either way, but id prefer a house already on it

Forgot the
> picrelated

Cause if you want some land to build a house on mate I have a fucking beautiful piece of land I've been eyeing up that I could show you. ( Out of my price range so I'll never get it ).

How did you earn 1000s p week m8?

Carpentry.

It pays a shit load of money

Meant to say I 'have' heard of nice places in Tassie

fucking hell, it's always the carpenters, plumbers, sparkies, people you wouldn't assume to be millionares. But good on ya mate, good luck. I'd look into tassie as well.

realestate.com.au/property-other-nsw-korora-7842062 Get amongst this mate. Already has a house on it, but the house is small and you could easily build a larger house on it. I grew up in Korora, it's an absolutely beautiful little known, minimum number of shitskins apart from some Nips that've been fishing there for decades, I swear on my life you'll never breathe any air better than the air you breathe in Korora. It pisses down rain in Winter and Autumn, but in summer and spring the town is gorgeous, only problem is it's smack bang in the middle of no where essentially. You're two hours away from port macquarie with is a semi-city, has around 40,000 people. Great town though and the piece of land in question is beautiful.

Cheers mate

Look into the areas around Brisbane

Will do, thanks bud

Central coast bud..

Somewhere around Ettalong or Bateau Bay will suit your needs. Pick somewhere cheap.

Sounds promising, i'll check it out

It's only an hours drive out of Sydney so you're always near the good stuff, but it's far away from the city that you get the 'country town' feel.

I figure you don't want to move halfway across the country or the middle of bumfuck nowhere, so it's definitely a decent place to live. Only problem is property is hitting 500k in some areas so it's no cheap.

Thats sounds amazing.

Well thank you all for the great feedback, just wrote down all locations that were listed in the thread. I will definitely check them all out. Thank you fellow aussies & foreigners.

Id like to get more places listed, but iv gotta go now, getting pretty late, gotta get up early for a hard day of work, you guys know how it is. Well thanks again, cheers & goodnight.

night bro, being an assuie foreigner, thansk for including me in both :)

>Penrith
>earning thousands
Yer narr

I retired last year because of a spinal injury. I'm 48.
I don't have anything like your wealth. I''m a single dad with two kids ages 17 and 8.

My wife died in 2012 from a car crash. I live on about £500 per week. I have savings and investments worth about £200,000. (not sure what that is in Australian coin)

My home is small. I live in the middle of nowhere in the mountains of northern England.(pic)
I'd recommend moving away from the city. Life in the countryside can be very quiet and the pace is slow.
Stop copying our town names. I live near "Penrith".
You cunts even have Newcastle.

All the best, mate.

>£500 per week
disablity payment or? that's pretty fucking good.

Go rural m8, north Richmond, Lithgow, Bathurst, Orange or Forbes? I've got myself some land out back and it was one of the best decisions of my life. Country life, best life.

i live in orange and can confirm its boring and shit.

Oi nah m8, city life is fucked would trade it for cruisey country life anyday. Orange is pretty run down, driving through it is pretty depressing sometimes aye

It's a military pension and and insurance policy.
I also get a disability allowance from the government. I'm ex army. (Royal Engineers).

It's enough to live on and make sure my kids are well fed and clothed. I just wish I could walk properly.
Lack of mobility can get me down at times.

But we all must eat shit sandwiches in life. It's how it goes.

Trump wada baabbi'iyey iyadii.

Waxa uu ka hadlay qorshaha dhabta ah iyo siyaasadda iyo Clinton oo kaliya ka hadlay Trump.

Oo isna wuxuu lahaa iyada on xadhko jeer oo dhan. All ayay samayn kareen ahaa iskibrin smirk halka iyada waxaa laga badiyay. Waxa ay ahayd ceeb iyada oo xisbiga Democratic.

Ku dhowaad dhammaan doorashada marka laga reebo LOL (((CNN))) heshiin.

Trump heysatay qaniis ah

It can't be disability unless he has 18 little niglets running around.
He probably meant he has £500 a week because thats what he's calculated he can spend from his savings

Sounds like that's what he gets per week.
>Lack of mobility can get me down at times.
Must be hard man, all the best to you and your kids.

This or look into Tasmanian property. If you're retiring then you gotta look into alot of factors. If you want warm then go Brisbane, closer out Camira way. There's also some alright places in Beechmont down near Gold Coast.

Tasmania is also nice if you like nature and is where all the white people are fleeing.

I also live in Penrith.

Penrith has been dropping in population the last 5 years. It's a ghost town.

OP is delusional.

However, if you want to retire and you don't have a wife, i recommend japan.

It just occured to me that there are people who use Cred Forums in the same town as me.

Wow.

Thanks mate. I'm content enough.
I have wonderful children, a great girlfriend, cozy home in a nice area next to a castle and a river, my mum lives nearby, and brings cakes.

My little town has the lowest crime rate in western Europe, and stunning scenery. My mobility could be worse. I have two hands, my arms are intact and I can stand up.

I'm fortunate.

>my mum lives nearby, and brings cakes.
Sounds good man, I wish my mum was alive. Sounds like you're doing alright man despite everything else, good luck man, have a hug.