/og/ ORTHODOX GENERAL

Last thread
If you don't have a church in your area, send an email to Ancient Faith Ministries and ask them to put a mission to your area

>Orthodox pastebin
pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

>Form for converts
saintandrew.net/files/catechumen info/Catechumen_Renunciations_and_Affirmations_Form.pdf

>Orthodox cartoon
youtube.com/watch?v=XP0J2eDPIjU

>Comparison of Orthodox and Catholic services
youtube.com/watch?v=fHZtbnaXuGk
youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo

>Comparison of Orthodox and Catholic Liturgical hymns
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=u0iOBOIwQ2o
youtube.com/watch?v=qDoyZtkrU0s
youtube.com/watch?v=XN6UNVwlRbk

>Media Attacks Orthodox Church
bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages
nytimes.com/2016/09/14/world/europe/russia-orthodox-church.html?_r=0

>Putin's faith in his own words
youtube.com/watch?v=u3d_yxJhmjk

>Verses backing up veneration and intercession
Exodus 18:7
Joshua 7:6
1 Kings 13:6

>Based Patriarch
youtube.com/watch?v=0pqax_dPgTk

Orthodox Church on immigration
>Such an important aspect of modern life like mass migration is not left unattended. Unlike the Catholic approach that unduly favors migrants, particularly in Europe, the Orthodox notices the negative nature of the process, as well as the fact that it leads to confrontation of different identities and value systems. In addition, the Orthodox Church propose to look at the roots of this phenomenon. The reason for the migration is the liberal, hedonistic ideology bleeding the peoples of Europe and the interests of the capitalist elite, who need a cheap and disenfranchised workforce:

>Attempts by indigenous people of the rich countries to stop the migration flow are futile, because they come in conflict with the greed of their own elites who are interested in the low-wage workforce

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F1xEckee8ao
youtube.com/watch?v=i81TEx7n7IY
youtube.com/watch?v=8SwuoDtplfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no one cares about the ongoing genocide of Christians in the middle east

youtube.com/watch?v=F1xEckee8ao

no i dont

Ethiopian "Orthodox" aren't really Orthodox, though.

My parish communes several.

>tfw Constantinople, Antioch, Alexandria will never be Christian again

Fuck off. There are plenty of places for this crap, it doesn't belong here.
Why should anyone care? Things that happen to foreigners don't matter.

They will once Cred Forums converts and /pol makes a lot more people in the West Orthodox with meme magic and that leads to massive growth of Orthodox missions in the Middle East

There are news articles in the OP, as well as one quoted, as well as a video on Putin

Greek. I wasn't allowed to be friends with anyone that wasn't also Greek Orthodox. No blacks, indians, chinese. Even white people were looked down upon by my grandparents.

So what? You guys will probably say. They kept you away from the degenerates!

Maybe, but do you know what it's like growing up in fucking north London and not being allowed to make friends with other races? it was fucking lonely. I also hated other greek people around me, who were basically chavs with a bit more money and a sense of cultural entitlement.

Don't get me started on all the stupid religious shit. Greek Orthodox church sermons aren't even in modern greek, so even if you speak the language you barely understand any of it. So you go to church every sunday to hear some old guy sing for 3 hours then at the end complain that the gays are taking over.

no premarital sex, no condoms, get married ASAP and its probably arranged between your grandfather and his mate. It's like a religion made for lonely people. so yeah it was horrible and I'm glad I never have to be a part of it again.

>Greek Orthodox church sermons aren't even in modern greek
That's not my experience. They are either in English or Modern Greek. The Liturgy is generally in an ancient form though, and the readings are in the original. But my parish uses English as well for the Liturgy, and the Greek, even though it's an older form, is not that hard for me to understand.

maybe, but they were enabled by the church, who constantly told them that being greek orthodox is the best thing in the whole world. There was a lot of racist gossip during those after church meetups too. you can argue that it was my parents and not orthodoxy, but the two are so deeply entwined that I honestly can't tell the difference.

my local church when I was younger always used ancient, sometimes modern. I never attended an english sermon. maybe it was just my church.

In Serbian churches sermons are usually in Church Slavonic, but nowadays priests are using modern Serbian more and more. I imagine Greek churches do the same.

>being greek orthodox is the best thing in the whole world
That parts true. Although the Greek part isn't required.

see, except it was required for these people.

being orthodox today is living in the dark ages. if you want to do it be my guest, but it's a prison of a religion.

It's obviously required if you are Greek.
You don't expect to go to a Romanian church and listen to Romanians as a Greek, do you?

I will admit the churches are beautiful.

look at what I was replying to. he said the greek part isn't required. for my family being Greek Orthodox was the best, any other Orthodox was the runner up and everyone else is degenerate.

I'm sure you guys agree though.

>I will admit the churches are beautiful.
So is the faith. If you don't understand what's to love, read Laurus and you will understand

maybe the faith that you see every sunday was beautiful. the 'faith' that I got to live was ugly and deformed, and as far away from moral values as it could be.

That's what I'm saying, objectively only the language is different and the religion is the same.
From a patriotic standpoint, however, obviously us Serbs are better than all of you other Orthodox people :-DDDDD

But you complain about things like "no premarital sex," so you're not really on the same page with the faith's morality anyway.

kek

no, I wasn't, but it didn't stop people telling me about it.
no premarital sex is the stupidest thing. we're supposed to procreate, right? well that's only going to happen if you're sexually compatible, and the only way to know that is by having sex.

but no, for orthodox you have to get married first. then lord forbid you try and get divorced if something goes wrong.

what's the point of being part of a faith where you either go to hell or you are constantly miserable.

You got to have jurisdiction over the St. Herman of Alaska monastery in the U.S., probably the most famous monastery we have. It was originally ROCOR I think,though. Most of the monks there are converts, but incredibly based.

Sexual compatibility is something you get by practicing a lot with one other person, not really something that just "is," and you either have it with someone, or you don't. If two people love each other, they can and will learn "sexual compatibility".

Hehe, that's cool.
Gotta love this diversity, too.

>Sexual compatibility is something you get by practicing a lot with one other person, not really something that just "is,
Yes, that's fair enough. But I disagree with
> If two people love each other, they can and will learn "sexual compatibility".
no they can't, see: 50% of marriages or any issue of cosmopolitan

but really, it's your original point that is the most correct. my morals never really aligned with the religion anyway. when my nan talked about jesus it felt the same as when she talked about santa claus. I also can't be part of something that is so elitist. funnily enough, I want a large social circle that isn't completely made up of one ethnicity and one religion.

>no they can't, see: 50% of marriages or any issue of cosmopolitan
You think marriages end because of "sexual incompatibility"? They generally end for other reasons, or because people don't want to be monogamous.

I'd fuck her tho

>still spamming these threads
This is the wrong board.

see also: every cosmopolitan article about 'pleasing your man' or look up dead bedrooms.

time and being united under "god" won't make you sexually compatible.

Why did the thread die?

because orthodoxy is dead

Let's revive it with cool church pics.
Studenica Monastery, Serbia

hey nigger faggots

>pic is OP's wife's son

Ostrog Monastery, Montenegro

Serbian, of course. Death to the "Montenegrin Orthodox Church" sect.

image getting sucked off by that little faggot
slipping your hand into his shorts
hhnnnggggg

We're not interested in pederasty.
Back to Cred Forums, imbecile.

Ružica Church, Belgrade

would they welcum him?

Yeah bro my parents had to flee to Sweden because of this

>We're not interested in pederasty.
but this is the christien thread

I would welcum you going back to Cred Forums faggot/trap threads.

>tfw you will never drink coffee with Sister Vassa.

naw im staying here

Greek Orthodox monastery in Turkey

Crna Reka Monastery, Serbia

The only orthodox people that seem based to me are the Serbs. What have the others ever done, other than give give communists weapons and support Islamic regimes?

t.mahmud ibin abdul

moar dead jews

Kađenica cave-church, Ovčar-Kablar Gorge (Serbian Holy Mount), Serbia

t. no life neckbeard

you like this
mount voras
kaimaktsalan peak
made from scraps from the battle of the serbians against the bulgarians WW1

I want to visit Kajmakčalan one day.
Corfu and Zejtinlik in Thessaloniki too.

winter time is the best time to visit,the prices are cheaper than summer in the islands and you can ski in the Voras mountain

youtube.com/watch?v=i81TEx7n7IY

Is orthodox anti Islam
I should guess so they gave being under siege by Islam since Islam was a religion
first with the Byzantines and then Russians and ottomons

Not in an extremist way (we wouldn't butcher them all), but we're not really thrilled with Islam.
Especially us who were occupied by Muslims.

bump

RARE

my liofe goal is to vist the 5 jewels of the byzantine empire
Constantinople
Antioch
Jerusalem
Rome and Alexandria
do you think visiting them will be nice.
also are the balakans a safe place for a brown person like me to visit

>sri-lanka
>rare

That's a weird life goal for a poo in loo. Are you gonna sell your sister for a jew visa?

...why? i love history and i love the byzantine empire, Greek and i dont know if i can go to Jerusalem but Constantinople and Rome are my real goal, the hagia Sophia

Probably gonna be disappointed, most of those places just make you feel like the place was once beautiful and now looks like shit.
>Kazakhstan
How's your goat wife doing, borat?

i know the muzzies and time were not kind to those places but i wanna feel like i am near history
also will jewland allw me to enter if i go to egypt

Just seems a little irrelevant to your Sri Lankan life. So you'll visit these places then what? You'll die happy? It's just a weird thing to set as the goal of your life for an Asian dude who isn't even Orthodox Christian, or are you?

>How's your goat wife doing, borat?
Not very nice I'm afraid. She got herself killed in the minefield around Jewtown. But now I have another one, high five!

If you're a tourist sure, but if you're traveling through alot of muzzie countries you might get a background check, or questioned. Nothing serious if you're not bringing in weapons.

wtf this girl actually looks exactly like my friend

Dirty turks don't deserve this beauty

youtube.com/watch?v=8SwuoDtplfU