Trump's mention of General Douglas MacArthur

>General MacArthur wouldn't have liked that
What did he mean by this?

Wasn't MacArthur relieved of his command by Truman because he was a crazy fucker who wanted to saturate the Korean peninsula with nukes?

MacArthur was a great tactician, yes, but why would Trump cite him as if he was the measure of good foreign policy?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv1PF0tAE1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

IF HE DID WE WOULDN'T HAVE CRAZY FUCKERS IN NORTH KOREA TESTING OUT NUKES AND THREATENING THE WORLD

AND SOUTH KOREA WOULDNT BE STEALING OUR JOBS

FAGGOT

dumbass if he would've nuked korea, world war III would've happened already because of the crazy precedent that would've set (first strike use against non-nuclear powers)

Do Americans think before they post?

Trump wants to nuke CHINA.

DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK ANYONE WOULD FUCK WITH A COUNTRY THAT JUST NUKED THE SHIT OUT OF SOMEONE?!

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THERE HASN'T BEEN A REAL WAR SINCE WW2 YOU STUPID FUCKING LEAF

>there has never been a nuclear bombing of a non-nuclear power
>oh except for Japan
>but that doesn't count because I'm high as fuck on maple syrup

>crazy
>wanted to saturate the Korean peninsula with nukes

El picko uno.

Do STUPID FUCKING LEAFS think before they post?

this. fuck truman.

He actually wanted to nuke Chinese bases in Manchuria that were being used as launching pad for the waves of Chinese infantry 'volunteers' who were pouring in through North Korea.
Learn your history.

You shills just don't get it do you? Are you blind? Did you even see what just happened?

Did you catch it? It was happening right before your eyes the entire night. Did you even get the point? No..? Let me clarify.

This entire debate was nothing more than a beta test for Trump. An analysis of Clinton. What makes her tick.. What are her weak spots.. He was simply watching her. Probing her.. Studying and diagnosing her every move and tactic. And she fell right into his trap like the pawn she is.

This is not an average man you're dealing with here. Make no mistake, this is a genius beyond your wildest nightmares. He was toying with her like a cat with a mouse, while she was fighting for her life. She has nothing left.

Now that he has a full mental blueprint of his enemy there is nothing that can stop him. Expect something out of this world in the next 2 debates. Something unprecedented in all of modern politics.

Mark my words, the lion has been let out of the cage, and he's hungry tonight. So go now, retreat to your twitter and your reddit accounts. Rejoice with your friends for this short lived victory. Pray to your false gods while you still have the faith.

NOTHING is going to prepare you for the storm which is about to come. You WILL be brought to heel before winter ends.

SHOVE THE DOMINO EFFECT UP YOUR ASS EVERY RETARDED NIGGER KNOWS ABOUT THE COMMIES YOU STUPID FUCKING MAPLE JUNKIE

YOU STUPID FAGGOT FUCKS COULDN'T EVEN NUKE A MOOSE

Nigga do you even know what a precedent is?

What are you? Some kind of pussy?

>world war III would've happened already because of the crazy precedent that would've set (first strike use against non-nuclear powers)

The precedent was already set in WW2. In 1951 there realistically wasn't a grave threat of a nuclear holocaust (oy vey) because ICBM's hadn't been invented yet, the only option was dropping from a plane.

The Soviet Union didn't even have the capacity to drop a nuke from an airplane until 1951.

Thats a vast oversimplification of why MacArthur was relieved. In reality it was much more political. MacArthur did not get along well with Government, the Joint Chiefs, and Eisenhower. Furthermore MacArthur, like Eisenhower, had his eyes on the presidency. Many of MacArthurs decisions at the time were linked to how they could improve his chances at winning a presidential nomination and election.

>Wasn't MacArthur relieved of his command by Truman because he was a crazy fucker who wanted to saturate the Korean peninsula with nukes?

Uh, no. MacArthur was a brilliant man who understood how important Asia would become in world affairs, and why communism needed to be eradicated there first. The Eurocucks hated him for that and constantly whispered into Truman's faggot ear.

MacArthur would have won the war, but the dumb, spiteful cuck Truman fucked it all up.

>Polls showed that the majority of the public disapproved of the decision to relieve MacArthur. By February 1952, almost nine months later, Truman's approval rating had fallen to 22 percent. As of 2014, that remains the lowest Gallup Poll approval rating recorded by any serving president.

Nice one, retard!

No one with a high school diploma has ever come closer to conquering Asia.

In all seriousness though, it was an inside joke for the Illuminati, something only they would recognize the true meaning of.

Hilary wants to nuke the Space Jam planet

good god there is no way you are not a product of the usa public edumaction system

wasn't mcarthur a huge weeb who always wore a kimono?

General Douglas MacArthur = good general

Publicly flaunting plan to defeat enemy = something that would make a good general roll in his grave

up votes to the left if this helped

>He actually wanted to nuke Chinese bases in Manchuria that were being used as launching pad for the waves of Chinese infantry 'volunteers' who were pouring in through North Korea.
Learn your history.

FWIW, thats where the slang term "chink" comes from.

It was originally a verbal acronym for "CHINese Communist" used by the American soldiers to refer to those Chinese troops helping the North Koreans.

The slang term caught on and became used as a derogatory term for asians. People didnt know where the acronym originated and started spelling it as chink..

>This is not an average man you're dealing with here. Make no mistake, this is a genius beyond your wildest nightmares.

i hope this doesn't sound mean, but you, sir, are a low-grade moron.

i have been trying to clue you Trumpsuckers in on how he was thrown into the race as a ringer to get Clinton elected, in order to return some favors to his long-time friends, the Clintons (such as Bill's appointing his sister to a very cozy federal judge seat), but you are all being obstinate and obtuse as fuck. i thought his backslapping coffeeklatsch with Netanyahu would have provided you guys with an antidote to your terminal naivete when it comes to Trump. i suppose i was the naive one, there.

wake up. no one is coming to save us, and certainly not Trump. "The Apprentice" was merely a warm-up for his *real* acting appearance.

She can't stand up, how's she going to do a Chaos Dunk?

>LITERALLY DOESN'T KNOW 3D CHESS WHEN IT'S STARING HIM IN THE FACE

IT'S OBVIOUS TO ANYONE WHO'S WATCHED TRUMPS EVERY MOVE THIS ENTIRE YEAR

MAYBE YOU JUST NEED TO USE YOUR BRAIN OR MAYBE YOU MIGHT BE A MOOSE FUCKING LEAF

IT MUST SUCK BEING SO UNINFORMED SO STUPID YOU CAN'T SEE THAT THE EARTH IS ROUND WHILE STANDING ON THE SUN

BETTER JUST KYS YOU STUPID FUCKING FAGGOT

TIME TO EDUCATE FAGGOTS THAT YOU KNOW ARE TOO LAZY TO JEWGLE BUT ARE MOST DEFINITELY LURKING TO SEE IF THE LEAF SAYS SOMETHING RETARDED AGAIN

Synopsis

Douglas MacArthur was born in Little Rock, Arkansas, on January 26, 1880. After graduating from the United States Military Academy at West Point in 1903, he fought in World War I, and in World War II was the commander of Allied forces in the Pacific. When he criticized President Harry Truman's handling of the Korean War, he was relieved of his command. MacArthur died on April 5, 1964, and was buried in Norfolk, Virginia.

COPY PASTING LIKE A BOSS

>Early Life

Douglas MacArthur was born on an Army base in Little Rock, Arkansas, on January 26, 1880, into a family with a strong military history. His father, Arthur, was a captain at the time of Douglas’ birth, and had been decorated for his service in the Union Army during the Civil War. Douglas’ mother, Mary, was from Virginia, and her brothers had fought for the South during the Civil War. The base where Douglas was born was just the first of several military posts on which he would live during his youth.

In 1893 his family moved to San Antonio, Texas, and MacArthur attended the West Texas Military Academy, where he began to show academic promise. He was also a member of several of the school’s sports teams. After high school, MacArthur enrolled in the United States Military Academy at West Point, where he excelled, and in 1903 he graduated with honors.

Following graduation, MacArthur was commissioned as a junior officer in the Army Corps of Engineers and spent the next decade fulfilling a variety of duties. This early period in his military career was marked by frequent promotions and led to posts in countries around the world, including the Philippines, Japan, Mexico and, in 1914, France.

>World War I and After

At the start of World War I, MacArthur was promoted to major and assigned to what were essentially intelligence and administrative units. However, after the United States declared war on Germany, the 42nd Division (the so-called “Rainbow Division,” a National Guard unit composed of soldiers from a number of states) was created, and MacArthur was promoted to colonel and put in its command. In 1918 he participated in the St. Mihiel, Meuse-Argonne and Sedan offensives, during which he repeatedly distinguished himself as a capable military leader.

Upon returning from Europe, MacArthur became the superintendent of West Point, a post he held for the next three years. During this time he was promoted to brigadier general of the Army and also married his first wife, Louise Cromwell Brooks. For the rest of the 1920s, MacArthur again held various military posts and also headed the American Olympic Committee. He divorced Louise in 1929.

In 1930, MacArthur was promoted to general and selected as the Army chief of staff. Over the next few years his efforts were primarily devoted to maintaining a military that, like the rest of the country, was crippled by the Great Depression. He also spoke frequently of what he considered to be the increasingly serious threat of Communism, both in the United States and abroad. In 1935, President Franklin D. Roosevelt chose MacArthur as his military adviser to the Philippines and sent him there to establish a defensive military force. MacArthur married his second wife, Jean Faircloth, in 1937, and the following year she gave birth to a son, Arthur.

>World War II and the Korean War

In July 1941, MacArthur was recalled to active duty and became commander of U.S. forces in the Pacific. A Japanese invasion of the Philippines that same year drove MacArthur’s forces from the country, but in the years that followed, MacArthur launched a number of successful offensive operations against the Japanese military in the region. During this time, he was frequently and openly critical of his superiors’ decision to focus military resources on the war in Europe rather than in the Pacific.

In 1945, at the end of the war, President Harry S. Truman appointed MacArthur supreme Allied commander. MacArthur was placed in charge of the formal surrender of Tokyo, and for the next six years, he remained in Japan to command the occupation forces there and to oversee the rebuilding of the country.

When the North Korean army invaded South Korea in 1950, MacArthur was placed in command of the newly created United Nations forces and quickly drove back the attack. However, he failed to anticipate impending attacks by Chinese forces and was soon forced to retreat. In the aftermath of this defeat, MacArthur was vocal about his belief that the war should be expanded to include China, despite warnings from President Truman that he should keep his opinions to himself. Exasperated by MacArthur’s refusal to do so, Truman finally relieved him of his command in April 1951.

>The End of a Military Career

MacArthur returned to the United States and settled in Washington, D.C. The American public welcomed him back as a hero, but Truman continued to be openly critical of his actions. MacArthur devoted much of his time to defending his actions in Korea and criticizing Truman’s inaction, accusing him of having allowed Communism to run rampant in the region. He was also considered as a potential Republican presidential candidate, though none of these exploratory campaigns ever developed further. In 1952, MacArthur met with Dwight Eisenhower, who had just been elected president, and advised him on how to end the Korean War. His decidedly extreme strategy, which included the use of atomic weapons, was rejected.

Around this time, MacArthur and his wife moved to New York City, and he was elected chairman of the board for Remington Rand, a manufacturer of typewriters and early computers. Besides the duties that came with this post, MacArthur devoted his time to writing his memoirs, which would later be published as Reminiscences and serialized in Life magazine. He would also meet with presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson to advise them on military matters.

Douglas MacArthur died in Washington, D.C., on April 5, 1964, at the age of 84. He was honored with a state funeral and was buried in the Douglas MacArthur Memorial in Norfolk, Virginia. The memorial is not only the resting place of MacArthur and his wife Jean, but also home to a museum collection documenting his life and military service.

NOW SAY SOMETHING STUPID AND ILL SHIT IN YOUR MOUTH

u mad

>MAYBE YOU JUST NEED TO USE YOUR BRAIN OR MAYBE YOU MIGHT BE A MOOSE FUCKING LEAF

Eastern Long Island, born and raised. Studying these criminals is how i spent most of my days.

you obviously haven't a clue how politics really works in this country - which is to be expected, as 13 years is hardly a long enough life to have apprehended even the beginnings of political literacy.

Trump is a long-time friend of the Clintons, and he's here to return some favors, while making those who have different opinions from the political mainstream look like distasteful lunatics. that is to say that, even if you agree with much of what he says (and i do), he is going out of his way to appear like a cartoonish caricature, in order to discredit any opposition. the best way to neutralize the opposition is to lead it, and the political elite know this very well.

today at work, my boss and coworkers were bemaoning Trump's failure to really hit Hillary hard last night on the issues on which she was most vulnerable. it is no surprise to me why he failed to do so; i have been saying this all along.

if you're going to be angry, at least direct your anger where it belongs, and not those who are trying to tell you the sad truth.

He was another timeline's Reagan that was screwed over by Jews.

>QUOTES LIBSHIT NIGGER PAWN
>EXPECTS TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

TL;DR

We should have followed his plan. We were in a position of absolute dominance back then.

Lmao MacArthur was by far the most incompetent member of American high command, in both WW2 and Korea.

In WW2 he had almost a month to prepare for the Japanese invasion of the Philippines, and still crumpled, leading to the only surrender of an entire division to a foreign power in US history. He had to have a fake Medal of Honor citation given to ward off accusations of cowardice.

Then he fucked up the New Guinea campaign and constantly stole resources from the Marines, deploying troops in places where attacking wasn't plausible, and tying down inferior numbers of Japanese troops.

Then in Korea, he fucked up the strategic estimate and got his shit pushed in by the Chinese, nearly losing the first Marine division (which would have made the only 2 lost US divisions both under MacArthur) in Chosin. Then he tried to appeal to the public directly, and Ridgeway had to clean up the mess that MacArthur made.

He should have fought to the last with his troops on Corregidor and died on the death march. That way he might have had some redeeming qualities.

If you want actual competent American high command, look at Ike, Nimitz, Marshal, Spruance, and Bradley.

GOOD MEN DIE BECAUSE OF BAD POLITICIANS

THIS IS WHY WE ARE VOTING FOR TRUMP

NUKES WOULD OF SOLVED EVERYTHING IN THE PAST AND WE WOULD RULE THE WORLD AND HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH THE BALLS TO SAY IT

Sounds just like another conservative with low-IQ and large ego. There were and there are several people like him in the world, and the world is only worst because of them.

And he looks like a yokel with that pipe.

GET FUCKED

YOUR COUNTRY IS WORTHLESS AND SO ARE YOU

>YOUR COUNTRY IS WORTHLESS

>my country
>your country
>You are bad because of your country
>I am great because of my country

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

YEAH BETTER HATE MYSELF AND MY COUNTRY LIKE YOU DO

BETTER KYS TOO YOU KEK FAGLORD

McArthur was a faggot, and Nimitz was the superior Pacific commander. McArthur was already smearing Nimitz during the war for later political gain. Good Truman booted him out, to be honest. That fucko might have started WWIII.

On the other hand, if they had listened to Patton and trashed the USSR while they were still on the ropes, we could be living in a commie-free paradise right now.

>Good Truman

CHINA IS A GREATER THREAT THAN FUCKING RUSSIA YOU RETARD

WHO DO YOU THINK IS FUCKING OUR ECONOMY HARDER?!

FUCK YOU!!!

REEEEEEE!!!!

Ree indeed.

*CHYNA

clearly you didn't read the post

>STATING THE OBVIOUS

I love myself. I am a lawyer and a young published writer with a bright future ahead. As for my country, I love many things about it and criticize numerous other things. I consider myself a citizen of the world, and I love and admire all the great things that humanity produces, be it here in Brazil or in India or in Japan or in Greece or in Italy or in the U.S., etc. My dream was to see the world much more united than it currently is; as for myself, I try not to see barriers between me and other humans.

As for that line I quoted, you misread it (it shows your low intelligence). It does not imply that one should not like one’s own country; what it means is this: people who have nothing to show, people who are themselves worthless can only brag about their own countries, or their families, or their ancestors, because they don’t have in themselves the qualities that they admire. It means that people like you derive your personal value by strutting and touting the achievements of better men and women.

>EXPECTS ME TO READ MORE ANTI-AMERICAN MARXIST DRIVEL

TL;DR KYS

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv1PF0tAE1s

ONE LAST BUMP FOR A TRUE HERO, MAY HE REST IN PEACE

AND FUCK YOU SHILLS

Ayy We made statues of them in leyte.
Life is pretty comfy there lads thanks for the help.

Who was better?

Patton or MacArthur

Patton had the foresight to have prevented the entire Cold War if we'd invaded the Soviet Union after V-E day. MacArthur was responsible for saving an entire third of the planet and rebuilt Japan into the friendly, modern place it is now. A direct comparison is hard but they're both pretty good.

MacArthur also wanted to nuke the eastern seaboard of China.

His position was that given China's support of North Korea, whether officially or not, they were enemy combatants and should be treated as such.

Easily Patton.

Literally legendary.

He promised and he did what he promised.

A FUCKING LEAF